PDA

View Full Version : Landry Update

Manos
07-14-2008, 11:35 AM
Link from Hoopsworld.com (http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9458)

Landry Still Stalled

The Rockets' braintrust arrived in Vegas today and the word is Carl Landry won't be making the trip. The infamous MRI still hasn't been produced, and without it Landry will remain in his holding pattern.

The worst-case scenario for Landry would be for him to fall into the Anderson Varajo trap. Missing summer league is a huge blunder for Landry's camp, but if they allow this issue to drag on through training camp and preseason, Landry will lose much of his leverage as the Rockets have plenty of bigs to focus on. Mike Harris, for one, has been valuable to the Rockets during hard times and could be a player who displaces Landry in the Rockets' big picture. Joey Dorsey is also a real possibility. It would truly be in Landry's best interest to take care of business and get on the next plane to Vegas.

His agent is a douche bag...

Jay22Redd
07-14-2008, 12:19 PM
Is it really his agent or is it him?

DontNOMuch
07-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Or there is something really wrong with his knees.

{}
07-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Or there is something really wrong with his knees.

Sounds like it. Unless he did something like hire his dimwitted cousin to be his agent. No team is going to pay the guy millions over the course of several years without that MRI exam. If anything, his agent is guaranteeing a return to the Rockets with a Chuck Hayes level contract.

Russjr2
07-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Sounds like it. Unless he did something like hire his dimwitted cousin to be his agent. No team is going to pay the guy millions over the course of several years without that MRI exam. If anything, his agent is guaranteeing a return to the Rockets with a Chuck Hayes level contract.

I agree. Something is up.... Maybe his agent is trying to get him to play hardball because of how things went down last year. Other teams, just like us, are worried about his knee. ESPECIALLY with his history of a major knee operation. Being undersized doesn't help him much either. Go see the doctor Carl. Let's get this done.

Rhyming Rebel
07-14-2008, 01:49 PM
I say we should move on. Birdman and kwame brown are suitable replacements and will be cheaper

Renovator
07-15-2008, 04:40 AM
I say we should move on. Birdman and kwame brown are suitable replacements and will be cheaper

I think we should move on too. There must be something wrong with his knee. Why is he being so stubborn about doing some tests?

Jay22Redd
07-15-2008, 09:56 AM
Its getting annoying too

Tmac to da rack
07-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Why the hell wont Landry just take the damn Test, I mean if everythings good like they say it is, then why are they making us have doubts? If they dont want to take that MRI EXam then forget them, they must know something we dont know. Lets just move on.

Renovator
07-16-2008, 08:34 AM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9490

This story just took a strange turn. What we've known for weeks is that the Rockets want Carl Landry to have an MRI to check the status of his injured knee before they sign him for millions of dollars over the next few years. That makes, sense, but HOOPSWORLD has now learned that there's a further development that isn't getting any play.

Landry had the MRI, but the Rockets felt that it showed something that should be addressed by getting the knee scoped.

If Landry were to have the knee scoped now he would be back in plenty of time for training camp - only at this point the Landry camp doesn't feel he needs to have the scope and they certainly don't want to have the procedure done BEFORE Landry signs the contract. If Landry were to have the procedure and something went wrong, all of a sudden he's out in the cold with no contract and no security.

The logical thing would seem to be for the Rockets to sign Landry and then have him undergo the procedure. That way Landry is taken care of while he's doing what the team would like for him to do. If something goes wrong, unlikely as that is, Landry's covered.

The word from Landry's camp continues to be that the Rockets are trying to keep his value low, but that's not how Daryl Morey usually goes about his business.

Obviously we have a growing stalemate going on here, one that may not get resolved any time soon.

Loren Woods' Situation

Loren Woods really didn't want to play in summer league again, basically saying he would feel like he was back in elementary school as an adult. While there is something to be said for him feeling that way, the Rockets laid out a very specific regimen he would have to do in order to earn a spot in the rotation next season. Part of that was competing in summer league.

Woods wasn't willing to do it, and instead took an offer to play in Europe and abruptly left the Rockets, who were very much hoping he could help fill the void at center as Mutombo's age and Yao's health continue to be of concern.

Now Houston's back to the drawing board at the five, which is probably what will be addressed when they make the minor trade they've been talking about, which one source told us might be Steve Novak and Joey Dorsey going out and a center coming back

Renovator
07-16-2008, 08:36 AM
We are really looking thin in the front court. We dont have a single legit back-up signed. Hayes is the only dude. Landry, Dorsey and DeKe are not even signed. Woods skipped.

If Landry, Dorsey or DeKe dont sign. Our best options would eb Birdman and Horry.

Though Im really curiuos now on as to who Morey is targeting in the "minor trade".

Manos
07-16-2008, 09:14 AM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9490

Thanks for posting.

The replacement for Woods could come from Indy or NJ since they have what appears to be a glut of centers. I've read that Indy has some interest in Novak, so maybe he's headed that way.

Maybe the Rockets could sign Landry to a partially guaranteed deal, there is also insurance they can buy for a contract if they sign him and something does go wrong, where the insurance company will cover some of the cost of the contract, similar to what the Astros bought for Bagwell with his shoulder.

mindofsports82
07-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Link from Hoopsworld.com (http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9458)

His agent is a douche bag...

It's obvious that something is wrong. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be that big of a deal to scope the knee. They are afraid something will be found, and then Landry is out of a contract.

The thing is, no one else is rushing to grab Landry for the same reason...The Rockets have successfully tainted his value by asking for the knee scope before offering. So if we can't resign him...where do we go from there? I go this from hoopsworld:

Now Houston's back to the drawing board at the five, which is probably what will be addressed when they make the minor trade they've been talking about, which one source told us might be Steve Novak and Joey Dorsey going out and a center coming back.

skny_txn
07-16-2008, 11:21 AM
This sux...I really liked the energy and explosiveness Landry brought on the court with him. Seriously though...what team will want to sign Landry not knowing if they are getting damaged goods or not, especially for the kind of money he's asking for?? Regardless of how much ya like the guy, I know I wouldnt...of course then again, its not my money.