Utley
Berkman
Pujols
Jones
Holliday
Braun
Fukudome
Soto

We are going to get killed, this lineup is completly horrible, holliday should be batting behind braun and soto, his away stats are horrible

And to top that Ben Sheets is starting
i mean WTF how the hell does that happen?

poodski
07-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Its not that bad.

I would probably move Holliday to 8 fuku to nine and move Soto and Braun up.

But still its not the worst lineup.

And it would be nice to see Z start, but it would be even nicer if he didnt play.

Dfan25
07-14-2008, 11:46 AM
Ramirez
Utley
Berkman
Pujols
Jones
Holliday
Braun
Fukudome
Soto

We are going to get killed, this lineup is completly horrible, holliday should be batting behind braun and soto, his away stats are horrible

And to top that Ben Sheets is starting
i mean WTF how the hell does that happen?

Not that bad to be honest with you. Is an all star game for crying out loud the lineup will be good no matter how you put them. I would have done it this way:

Ramirez SS
Utley 2B
Pujols DH
Berkman 1B
Jones 3B
Holliday RF
Braun LF
Soto C
Fukudome CF

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Meh.....I'm just sad that this is all we're going to have to talk about for a few days :sigh:

PaceIsTheTrick
07-14-2008, 11:49 AM
I think it's funny that you could consider that lineup horrible. The way Fuku is playing right now, he may be the one weak link by comparison.

I think that is a stacked lineup.

Also, what is wrong with Sheets? Dominant pitchers can't start the All-Star game?

Englishteach
07-14-2008, 12:10 PM
I think the Sheets selection was more of scheduling than performance.

cubsfan9124
07-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Meh.....I'm just sad that this is all we're going to have to talk about for a few days :sigh:

I just hate that this is what determines home field.

This should be the tiebreaker if both teams in the series have the same record.

cubfan23
07-14-2008, 12:32 PM
i thought Zambrano was going to start the ASG? wasn't that reported a few weeks ago?

Projectblue78
07-14-2008, 12:38 PM
i thought Zambrano was going to start the ASG? wasn't that reported a few weeks ago?

well yea but who ever said it was scheduling was right...he would have been pitching on short rest...I read in the Trib that he might not even pitch and that dempster wont pitch at all

OnWisconsin2007
07-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Hey, I remember when you guys posted that Zambrano was starting, and I said he wasn't. Then, posters like RWB bashed me like no other. You people called me a joke, said that I was an idiot, asked if this account was real, etc. etc. So, who is starting now? Looks like I was right, I think some of you owe me an apology.

NORTH10
07-14-2008, 12:44 PM
ya wtf happened....it said big z was posting..smh

matt_the_hulk
07-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Sheets and Lee is

scrubs101
07-14-2008, 12:58 PM
I think this line-up can get to Lee

Jilly Bohnson
07-14-2008, 01:01 PM
:confused:

I don't get the problem, that lineup's freaking amazing. I'd probably jumble the bottom 3 a little bit, have it go Braun, Soto, Fukudome, but all in all it's really good.

BTW, what's the AL's lineup? Because I might be partial but I would bet this one is better. I know that the AL is better than the NL, but I think our star players are just as good as their star players, their teams just have better depth than most NL teams.

cubsfreak19
07-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Hey, I remember when you guys posted that Zambrano was starting, and I said he wasn't. Then, posters like RWB bashed me like no other. You people called me a joke, said that I was an idiot, asked if this account was real, etc. etc. So, who is starting now? Looks like I was right, I think some of you owe me an apology.

Hey guess what? The Cubs are in first place, it really doesnt matter to me if he starts cuz this game doesnt determine who wins the central. The Brewers can send mr injury Ben Sheets out there if you also were reading the posts all of us didnt want Z on the mound just to keep him healthier.

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-14-2008, 01:08 PM

Maybe sheets will plunk someone and Cliff Lee will retaliate on Braun

gocubs2118
07-14-2008, 01:15 PM
I hope Hurdle leaves in Sheets for the whole game and he throws 140 pitches. That would be really awesome.

acubfaninmd
07-14-2008, 01:20 PM
how can people be talking about Z starting in one thread and Sheets starting in the other. should close down thread about Z starting since he isnt.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/allstar08/news/story?id=3486200

CubsRule08
07-14-2008, 01:27 PM

We dont owe you jack s**t

scrubs101
07-14-2008, 01:59 PM
I hope Sheets' elbow explodes on the 1st pitch......but still gets a pop-up :)

Projectblue78
07-14-2008, 02:09 PM
And one other really good thing about htis is...we dont need to mess with our rotation...if Dempster doesnt pitch, and Z doesnt pitch, which I figure he wont since he didnt start and would be working on short rest...it means lou doesnt have to mess with the rotation starting in Houston in the second half and everyone will have a turn by the time we get to the Brewers for a 4 game set at the end of the month...there wont be any skipping or anything...

then again it is Lou so we'll probably start the second half with 17 pitchers on the roster and throw hart and shark out there to start...

acubfaninmd
07-14-2008, 02:19 PM

Looks like you owe us an apology because of your trolling behavior. You first try and argue that your 3-5 starters are better then the cubs. than you say Z isnt a top pitcher. Whats next your bullpen is better than ours? Get a life

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Looks like you owe us an apology because of your trolling behavior. You first try and argue that your 3-5 starters are better then the cubs. than you say Z isnt a top pitcher. Whats next your bullpen is better than ours? Get a life

Z>Sheets

acubfaninmd
07-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Z>Sheets

i agree with you, i was trying to make a point of what little knowledge the poster had

cowboydoc45
07-14-2008, 02:27 PM
I hope Sheets' elbow explodes on the 1st pitch......but still gets a pop-up :)

or, first pitch, stirke one, and Sheets grabs his shoulder...

and then the medical report comes out with "torn Labrum"... (warding off bad juju now)

turnaround3
07-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Are we gonna have an ASG thread? It seems relevant enough, no?

scrubs101
07-14-2008, 07:24 PM
the thread says all star lineup(s)......I see one lineup?

giventofly
07-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Are we gonna have an ASG thread? It seems relevant enough, no?
Yeah, we'll have one to discuss the game, but we're not gonna go all out with pictures and stats and stuff.

Unless you guys just want to go discuss it in the MLB forum. I'm fairly certain someone is going to be making a thread for it there.

redwhitenblue
07-14-2008, 08:09 PM
giventofly, if you delete my post you have to delete his

it's a clear bait and proved by looking at the old Z thread

Eisman57
07-15-2008, 12:40 AM
All Star lineup? Here's to what easily might have been. Somebody will undoubtedly scream about bringing up Hamilton again. To that I say relax, there's no harm in dreaming..

A. Soriano
K. Fukudome
D. Lee
J. Hamilton
A. Ramirez
G. Soto
M. DeRosa
R. Theriot

Canada's Finest
07-15-2008, 12:47 AM
The AL's starting lineup is much worse than ours.

1: Ichiro Suzuki, RF, Mariners
2: Derek Jeter, SS, Yankees
3: Josh Hamilton, CF, Rangers
4: Alex Rodriguez, 3B, Yankees
5: Manny Ramirez, LF, Red Sox
6: Milton Bradley, DH, Rangers
7: Kevin Youkilis, 1B, Red Sox
8: Joe Mauer, C, Twins
9: Dustin Pedroia, 2B, Red Sox

We can thank the Red Sox fans for homefield if we make it.

Rndy
07-15-2008, 02:35 AM
I'm just glad Pete Rose doesn't still play, I'd fear for Sotos Career.

dbrown1225
07-15-2008, 02:45 AM
1) Sheets and Zambrano are on the same rest. So it's not scheduling.

2) When Sheets and Zambrano are at their best, I don't think there's a HUGE difference between them.

3) You all should be hoping Sheets dominates the AL for a couple innings. This is about home field. It's stupid, but that's the way it is.

Tomorrow night, we are all Cubs, Brewers, and Cardinals fans.

CuseDude87
07-15-2008, 11:32 AM

2) When Sheets and Zambrano are at their best, I don't think there's a HUGE difference between them.

3) You all should be hoping Sheets dominates the AL for a couple innings. This is about home field. It's stupid, but that's the way it is.

No. Tonight, we are National League fans. HUGE difference.

Theriot2
07-15-2008, 12:06 PM
I think the NL will finally win this year.

BDawk4Prez
07-15-2008, 03:09 PM

:mad::censored::bs::puke:

CubsRule08
07-15-2008, 03:30 PM

I dont think so...

dbrown1225
07-15-2008, 05:03 PM
No. Tonight, we are National League fans. HUGE difference.

Fine but if the bases are loaded with Pujols up we all want him to hit a grand slam.

Tonight Pujols and Braun are our friends. Is what I'm saying.

BDawk4Prez
07-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Fine but if the bases are loaded with Pujols up we all want him to hit a grand slam.

Tonight Pujols and Braun are our friends. Is what I'm saying.

Actually, I would choose for him to get plunked, charge the mound, and pull his groin causing him to miss the remainder of the season.

bhcluc
07-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Hey guess what? The Cubs are in first place, it really doesnt matter to me if he starts cuz this game doesnt determine who wins the central. The Brewers can send mr injury Ben Sheets out there if you also were reading the posts all of us didnt want Z on the mound just to keep him healthier.

This game matters to me!!! While it may not determine who wins the Central, I happen to recall a series in Tampa and a series on the South Side that I don't want to repeat come October. Home field is HUGE for us this year...

As far as Z and Demp pitching... I heard an interview with Demp, and he was saying it was his normal day for a side session anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if they each get an inning.