PDA

View Full Version : OMG... It's the Madden Curse!

PackAttack09
07-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Wow, how did we all not see this before?! The infamous Madden Curse has struck again! They thought they would kill the curse by putting a retired player on the cover, and now look at what they did to Green Bay. It's about to tear the city right down the middle!

servais77
07-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Not to mention if Favre does come back he will probably get injured now because of the jinx.

hughest4
07-14-2008, 04:02 PM
I don't want to think about the Madden Curse. It's such a weird coincidence that the cover boys always end up injured. I hope it won't happen to Favre, and for some reason i don't think it will. Even if he does end up on another team i would hate to see him get hurt

Soop
07-14-2008, 04:07 PM
It's spooooooooooooky!

Warpy1981
07-15-2008, 09:10 AM
What no conspiracy theory about TT getting him on there so that if he does come back he gets hurt and can't play any more at all? lol

4favre4
07-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Vince young only got hurt for 1 game last year

newdude
07-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Vince young only got hurt for 1 game last year

Yeah, even though his stats still stinks, but it was an improvement to his other year.

And the season after Eddie George was on the cover, he still had a good year...

So who knows.

SamG187
07-15-2008, 11:35 AM
yea its a really weird curse but this is what I would call the TT curse or maybe even the TT plague, I don't see it affecting Favre this year and I think everybody is making Football a little to supersticious like baseball

PackAttack09
07-15-2008, 12:07 PM
lol yeah the packers have been suffering from the TT plague ever since he got here.

PS by suffering i mean improving their record every single year.

newdude
07-15-2008, 12:15 PM
lol yeah the packers have been suffering from the TT plague ever since he got here.

PS by suffering i mean improving their record every single year.

Yeah, lets give credit to one man only that turned it around:eyebrow:

Jimi032890
07-15-2008, 01:21 PM
Yeah, even though his stats still stinks, but it was an improvement to his other year.

And the season after Eddie George was on the cover, he still had a good year...

So who knows.

Eddie George never got hurt the season he was on the cover, he had a great year, the thing that people talk about when dealing with the madden curse with him was when he bobbled a ball he was trying to catch in the backfield and Ray Lewis grabbed it out of his hands. this was in the playoffs mind you.

ya that sucks, but i think people try to hard to link the curse with George that year. I believe the curse seriously began after madden 02 came out ith culpepper on the cover

newdude
07-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Eddie George never got hurt the season he was on the cover, he had a great year, the thing that people talk about when dealing with the madden curse with him was when he bobbled a ball he was trying to catch in the backfield and Ray Lewis grabbed it out of his hands. this was in the playoffs mind you.

ya that sucks, but i think people try to hard to link the curse with George that year. I believe the curse seriously began after madden 02 came out ith culpepper on the cover

Well, Culpepper did have a few good seasons after the cover until the injuries and Ray Lewis did get injured but is now still a solid LB. I still don't really get the curse though, bcuz ppl with good seasons get on it so its harder for them to attain the same amount of success again the following season, but when someone mediocre is on the cover *cough* VY *cough* they had more success.

Jimi032890
07-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Well, Culpepper did have a few good seasons after the cover until the injuries and Ray Lewis did get injured but is now still a solid LB. I still don't really get the curse though, bcuz ppl with good seasons get on it so its harder for them to attain the same amount of success again the following season, but when someone mediocre is on the cover *cough* VY *cough* they had more success.

ya, i was surprised when i found out he was on the cover.

i know this doesnt make sense because we are talkin about the curse and all and i obviously dont want this guy to do bad or get hurt but, DEVIN HESTER FOR NEXT YEARS COVER!!