PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre Situation Simplified

PackAttack09
07-14-2008, 10:19 AM
There are soooo many rumors out there about how Brett feels about all this and how Ted Thompson feels about that. All of it is speculation and if you take it as truth you are diving into the huge pool of ignorance that is flooding these message boards.

The simple fact of the matter is that Ted Thompson already said Brett could come back, so I am baffled as to why there is a rally clamoring for Favre's reinstatement... The rally needs to be in Mississippi because he is the one who needs to take that action.

Also, people say that "Favre should be our starter!". Ok well that's all fine and good but guess what? Believe it or not there have been tweaks made to the offense, and he is way behind because he didn't go to minicamp to learn or practice them. So should he be the starter right now? Absolutely not! He needs to come back learn the playbook again and then fight for it. I haven't gotten any impression from what TT has said that implies that isn't the current situation. Bottom line is this, if we were to have a game tomorrow Aaron Rodgers would and should be the starter because he is the one who has been here, knows the plays, and has participated in all OTAs, mini-camps, etc.

lavell12
07-14-2008, 10:45 AM
solution: fire TT bring back Favre

PackAttack09
07-14-2008, 11:15 AM
solution: fire TT bring back Favre

Very intuitive argument, the more I hear these very detailed arguements on the pro-favre side the more inclined I am to change my view in order to look as smart and articulate as lavell12.

SC PackerGuy
07-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Bring Favre back and have an open competition for the job. I can't believe anyone can possibly think we have a better shot at a Superbowl this year with Rodgers over Favre. Insanity. Isn't that the point, championships.

mlesnet
07-14-2008, 11:47 AM
good post. packer fans need to understand that. until favre first comes back, and second learns the tweaks in the offense, then rodgers is our starter. if favre says he will come back right now and learns everything new in the offense, then ill be right there with you guys saying that he should be our starter. until then, all we can do is wait.

an additional note, i think its pretty funny how it seems like no packers fans care about rodgers getting ready for the starting position this whole offseason and waiting 3 years patiently to get his shot. everyone is just addicted to favre like crack, and im not even going to lie, i think i am too. but then you have to ask yourself this question, are you a packer fan or a favre fan?

twelvePack
07-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Very intuitive argument, the more I hear these very detailed arguements on the pro-favre side the more inclined I am to change my view in order to look as smart and articulate as lavell12.

He simplified it. They ran TT's *** out of Seattle for a reason. His *** should be on the hot seat in Green Bay too. This situation has given the entire organization a black eye, becuase it was allowed to spin out of control. Where was TT while this was going on? Too busy on vacation, that just sounds to absurd to me. It shows a lack of respect and regard for the organization too. Then TT says Favre can comeback as a backup. Was the guy eating stupid sandwiches all vacation long in Racine or what? All I can say for TT is he is lucky he is in a publicly owned franchise like the Packers, because a regular team owner would have said, "I hope you are enjoying your vacation Ted, I'll extend it for you, you're fired!!!"

socalpkrbkr
07-14-2008, 01:40 PM
He simplified it. They ran TT's *** out of Seattle for a reason. His *** should be on the hot seat in Green Bay too. This situation has given the entire organization a black eye, becuase it was allowed to spin out of control. Where was TT while this was going on? Too busy on vacation, that just sounds to absurd to me. It shows a lack of respect and regard for the organization too. Then TT says Favre can comeback as a backup. Was the guy eating stupid sandwiches all vacation long in Racine or what? All I can say for TT is he is lucky he is in a publicly owned franchise like the Packers, because a regular team owner would have said, "I hope you are enjoying your vacation Ted, I'll extend it for you, you're fired!!!"

"It's not accurate," Thompson said of the AP report that Favre would come back as a backup. "We don't know what role that would be. He can come back as an active member of the Green Bay Packers."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3484473

RGRIFF
07-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Deal is with everything that Farve has done for the team and the year he had last year....y would you not embrass him and welcome him back. yeah Rodgers could be a good QB but he is no Farve. Favre is a living Legend. Unlike when the Cowboys refused to let Aikman or Emmitt back Farve can still play at the high level needed to win in the NFL. If the Packers make the mistake of bringing him back and not playing him or trading him they will regret it.

I also understand the organization's side of this story. Farve did say he was going to retire, but everyone on earth knew it was not the case. They would love to work Rodgers in now and its easier to do now that Farve has been "retired" . but again i believe they would make a huge mistake if they dont welcome him back with open arms.....

GOOD LUCK with this situation! (i am a cowboys fan but a huge fan of football and a huge fan of Farve.)

Pax4soup
07-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Im tired of everyone saying fire Thompson. In my opinion Ted is doing an excellent job with managing this team. Sherman left us with nothing. For Ted to come in, with the team just finishing four and twelve and in two years turning us into an NFC contender is remarkable. He cleaned house. Sherman always screwed up on drafts and contracts. Thompson came in here and drafted high caliber players and he keeps the players that we need to win. He built our team from ground up and pretty much the whole roster is his guys. Brett was keen on not coming back, even when Ted told him to. So Thompson moved on, what else is a football team to do? Just give up? Oh man Bretts not here, we are done. No, they are going to move on. Winning matters. We gave the job to our boy Aaron and Favre needs to prove he can beat him out. It is Bretts fault for retiring too soon and he put himself in this position. It was his if he just said he was coming back.

alabastertubby
07-15-2008, 02:29 AM
i'm tired. at first i was sick to my stomach, now i am tired. my parents are happily married so i do not know what a divorce feels like for a kid. i am nearly 40. why do i have to pick a side? both are wrong. TT if you feel that this is your team and Brett is being an over the hill premadonna the obvious holds true. he holds no value. let him go or trade him to whoever gives you the most value. he may not find a team that wants him. they all have new play books which might be too hard for an old QB to learn. if you believe in winning today then you start him. he is a top 4 QB. currently your starting QB hurt his hammy on a pedal bike last year. Brett, stop talking. man up. you put GB in a bad way. what are you going to do next week? commit to being more than feeling not wanted. by prolonging this GB has the unique situation of a 13-3 team with a split locker room. we could be worse than the Bears this year. everyone, decide soon so the healing can begin.

tcblaska
07-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Being able to communicate is what separates us from animals. Why is the communication so poor between the two sides? I do not understand. These are grown *** men that are acting like elementary kids passing yes/no/maybe notes. Balls up, and talk this situation out. It can be resolved, but both sides need to be open and honest. Both TT-the team and Favre deserve this. Then we can focus on winning a title. Communication is the key here, and it has always been poor. Time to step it up.

4favre4
07-15-2008, 10:59 AM
let him back