PDA

View Full Version : Could LeBron Sign With Heat In 2010?

phlp_bj
07-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Sunday, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James were winking and grinning before participating in the Zo's Summer Groove charity game at AmericanAirlines Arena.

The punchline? The summer of 2010, when Wade, James and several other top-tier NBA players can become free agents, such as Kobe Bryant, Amare Stoudemire and Chris Bosh.

"We're just going to joke about it for the next two years until that time comes," Wade said. "So, it's going to be an exciting year for the NBA, but it's two years away."

For fans, it could be two years of torment or two years of hope.

"I've been playing with him for the last four years now, playing in the summertime, off and on," James said of the time the two have shared on the U.S. national team. "So I could see myself playing with him."

James, of course, has indicated the same of playing for the Nets, who have already cleared out the requisite salary-cap space for '10.

The Heat also has made 2010 a focus, which is among the reasons it has been taking a low profile in this summer's free agency, utilizing its salary-cap exceptions on short and small deals for James Jones, Mario Chalmers and, possibly, Tyronn Lue.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-flspheat14sbjul14,0,4178602.story

barreleffact
07-14-2008, 09:45 AM
i thought they wanted bosh? james is good but an outside tandem will never win...the only dynasty to do that was jordan's...beasley could be the x factor to make this work...but hes too short and lacks defense
IMO to be championship team caliber. but hes only a rookie so time will tell

ragee
07-14-2008, 09:56 AM
There is no chance to this one... Lebron is New York bound... The Knicks or the Nets? That we don't know... My guess is the Nets...

jokesterz
07-14-2008, 10:15 AM
king jamhe will be leavin the cav's in 2 year he wont be headin to any where but nyc la or maybe the bulls. that where the money is cav are better than the heats and they are about in the same bracket when it come to generating money.
james dont care about winning a title remeber he the one that said he want to be theone in the nba to make a billion dollars so he be heading to a big market city even if the cavs get all the help they need he will be out

Iodine
07-14-2008, 10:19 AM
king jamhe will be leavin the cav's in 2 year he wont be headin to any where but nyc la or maybe the bulls. that where the money is cav are better than the heats and they are about in the same bracket when it come to generating money.
james dont care about winning a title remeber he the one that said he want to be theone in the nba to make a billion dollars so he be heading to a big market city even if the cavs get all the help they need he will be out

I wouldnt call people stupid when your spelling and grammar is horrid

Lebrawn wont sign to MIA though

marlinsfan24
07-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Imagine if he did...wow

Chalmers
Wade
Lebron
Beasley
?

marlinsfan24
07-14-2008, 10:21 AM
But I think Bosh will end up signing with Miami.

JordansBulls
07-14-2008, 10:32 AM
Lebron will go to NY, Wade to Chicago and Kobe will stay in LA. You will then have the 3 biggest markets with a superstar.

theimortalone
07-14-2008, 10:32 AM

Your english is not very proper. haha

philab
07-14-2008, 10:39 AM
This is going to be directed at the first poster, but really I'm just airing some general frustrations . . .

There has NEVER been any indication, from Lebron or otherwise, that Lebron will be leaving Cleveland in two years. There has also never been any sort of hint as to where he would sign should he leave Cleveland.

That said, I am a Cavaliers fan, but I'm not in denial. Chances are very likely, as I currently see it, that Lebron will indeed leave Cleveland in two years. Brooklyn, New York, Chicago, and the two LA teams would be the most likely destinations, and probably in that order as well.

I just get sick of hearing these constant rumors/speculation/whatever you want to call it about Lebron leaving Cleveland. There's absolutely NO substance to any of it. It's terrible journalism, and it's a direct slap in the face to the city of Cleveland. When there's something to speak about, fine. Right now, though, we're two years away from Lebron's free agency, and the media in particular should shelve all the speculation until then.

marlinsfan24
07-14-2008, 11:52 AM
This is going to be directed at the first poster, but really I'm just airing some general frustrations . . .

There has NEVER been any indication, from Lebron or otherwise, that Lebron will be leaving Cleveland in two years. There has also never been any sort of hint as to where he would sign should he leave Cleveland.

That said, I am a Cavaliers fan, but I'm not in denial. Chances are very likely, as I currently see it, that Lebron will indeed leave Cleveland in two years. Brooklyn, New York, Chicago, and the two LA teams would be the most likely destinations, and probably in that order as well.

I just get sick of hearing these constant rumors/speculation/whatever you want to call it about Lebron leaving Cleveland. There's absolutely NO substance to any of it. It's terrible journalism, and it's a direct slap in the face to the city of Cleveland. When there's something to speak about, fine. Right now, though, we're two years away from Lebron's free agency, and the media in particular should shelve all the speculation until then.

Did you read the article? Wade and Lebron were joking around about it, but there has to be some amount of seriousness in what their saying.

blujaysrock
07-14-2008, 11:57 AM
But I think Bosh will end up signing with Miami.

nah im thinking B.C will resign him and he will stay with the raps

MiamiHeat
07-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Lebron will go to NY, Wade to Chicago and Kobe will stay in LA. You will then have the 3 biggest markets with a superstar.

you wish, wade will stay in MIA, Lebron could sign with MIA you guys never know anything could happen but the other teams better hope that lebron and wade dont team up because is over then :D

LA_Raiders
07-14-2008, 12:04 PM
There is no chance to this one... Lebron is New York bound... The Knicks or the Nets? That we don't know... My guess is the Nets...

Yes he is, and I wonder why since he is from Clev...:confused:

Nikolishin
07-14-2008, 12:06 PM
hes goin to be in cleveland for the rest of his career

BALLER71
07-14-2008, 12:16 PM
I'm not sure on where Bosh and Lebron will go but I think Wade will stay in Miami.

King Koopa
07-14-2008, 12:41 PM

Miami has a bigger market then Chicago.......... The order is LA,NY,MIA.

SwaggaIke
07-14-2008, 12:47 PM
I can't wait until '10 when Wade signs his mega deal to stay in Miami and all hope is lost for Wade to ever suit up in Chicago as a superstar.

AllTheWay
07-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Miami has a bigger market then Chicago.......... The order is LA,NY,MIA.

Im in LA, but NY has the biggest sports market in the world, with Los Angeles being second i beleive

Dirty Dirk41
07-14-2008, 02:07 PM
Imagine if he did...wow

Chalmers
Wade
Lebron
Beasley
?

DAMN!! It wouldnt even matter who was center with that lineup. You or I could play center and this team would win 50 games

BriereIsDaBest
07-14-2008, 03:12 PM

Who is King Jamhe?
Never heard of him. Is he like some distant countries throan?:p

mariotubes
07-14-2008, 03:25 PM
if wade is still in miami in 2010 then no chance at lebron signing there, otherwise there is a chance of lebron signin there, but theres also the chance he signs with 1 of the other 29 teams in the league...

8kobe24
07-14-2008, 04:10 PM
I think Lebron will sign with the Knicks or Nets. With the Knicks, he will be on the big stage. As for wade, barring any serious injuries, I don't see the heat letting him go.

_Sn1P3r_
07-14-2008, 06:46 PM
DAMN!! It wouldnt even matter who was center with that lineup. You or I could play center and this team would win 50 games

Haha I know. That team would be champions for years to come.

philab
07-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Did you read the article? Wade and Lebron were joking around about it, but there has to be some amount of seriousness in what their saying.

I did read the article -- there's nothing of substance there. This thread could be called "Could Wade Sign with the Cavaliers in 2010?" too. Both guys will be free agents in 2010, so who's to say the Heat, Cavaliers, Knicks, Nets, or whoever will end up with one or both of them? And these quotes are mostly tongue-in-cheek, too.

SwaggaIke
07-14-2008, 07:05 PM
This **** is all wrong. LeBron is signing w/ the SwaggaIke All Stars in '10. Check this lineup I just inked.

Chris Paul/Mateen Cleaves
Dwyane Wade/Jerryl Sasser
LeBron James/Demarr Johnson
Chris Bosh/Donnell Harvey
Dwight Howard/Wang Zhi Zhi

All for equaling a total salary of 56.3 million. They all get free Louis bags for signing too. We winning 15 straight championships baby. Dynasty, get hip.

SwaggaIke Allstars >>> Your Life. Yessir.

Iodine
07-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Swagga my team pwns that so hard

Mike James/Deshawn Stevenson

SwaggaIke
07-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Swagga my team pwns that so hard

Damn, I guess their agents haven't contacted you yet? I just inked them both to the SWAGGAIKE ALLSTARS. We takin over baby! Rick Pitino head coach, we running all over the league! 95 Bulls + 04 Pistons + 2008 Celtics + 2000 Lakers + All of Russell''s Celtics + 86 Celtics + the entire Euro League. We shutting the game down for '10. Get your tickets now. SwaggaIke all stars coming to a town near you! Sike...cause we too busy winning games and countin stacks! Hahaha.

Goon.Weezy
07-14-2008, 07:16 PM
its not gonna happen.. lebron is gonna go to brooklyn or stay in cleavland..but if
it did happen they will become the best one-two punch in NBA HISTORY

Chi-Town Finest
07-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Yep, he could sign with Heat in 2010. Actually he could sign with anyone in 2010 cause he's a free agent.:D

Iodine
07-14-2008, 07:17 PM
Damn, I guess they're agents haven't contacted you yet? I just inked them both to the SWAGGAIKE ALLSTARS. We takin over baby! Rick Pitino head coach, we running all over the league! 95 Bulls + 04 Pistons + 2008 Celtics + 2000 Lakers + All of Russell''s Celtics + 86 Celtics + the entire Euro League. We shutting the game down for '10. Get your tickets now. SwaggaIke all stars coming to a town near you! Sike...cause we too busy winning games and countin stacks! Hahaha.

Damn I guess I have to kill there families now :pity:

SwaggaIke
07-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Damn I guess I have to kill there families now :pity:

You can try, but I have to warm you. All of my players families are protected by killa Africans that I been housing up in shacks for 16 years. I've raised these young killas like my own sons. One of them is Luol Deng's little brother. He ain't wanna sign so I had to go to drastic lengths. Be advised. SwaggaIke All Stars takin over the world!

Iodine
07-14-2008, 07:40 PM
You can try, but I have to warm you. All of my players families are protected by killa Africans that I been housing up in shacks for 16 years. I've raised these young killas like my own sons. One of them is Luol Deng's little brother. He ain't wanna sign so I had to go to drastic lengths. Be advised. SwaggaIke All Stars takin over the world!

I have an angry black woman

Badluck33
07-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Them winking and smiling at each other is them publicly displaying there secret love they have for each other. After there wedding Wade will want LeBron to change his jersey to "Wade 23."

.....another pointless thread. Is the nba that boring right now that we have to invest time in threads on topics that have no relevance for another 2 years?

fins08
07-14-2008, 09:05 PM
I can only hope.

Afridi786
07-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Y doesnt everyone just sign with miami.