PDA

View Full Version : HS talents that got nowhere

arlubas
07-14-2008, 06:37 AM
Remember these guys? They were killing it in HS and college in some occasions and now are extinct. Other notable examples would be Miles Simon, Khalid El-Amin, Mateen Cleaves and the list goes on and on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou_WR-mE2rk

Crunchy12489
07-14-2008, 08:09 AM
What about Gerald Green?

Nah im just kidding, but if he keeps it up he will rank as one of the worst High-Schoolers to reach the NBA.

T-Mac_Attack
07-14-2008, 10:35 AM
James Felton, James Felton, James Felton.

arlubas
07-14-2008, 11:13 AM
James Felton, James Felton, James Felton.

You read that ESPN article too right?

T-Mac_Attack
07-14-2008, 11:42 AM
You read that ESPN article too right?

Yeah of course man, about the T-Mac dunk though - I'm 99% sure no video exists of it.

arlubas
07-14-2008, 12:19 PM
Yeah of course man, about the T-Mac dunk though - I'm 99% sure no video exists of it.

Yeah that other one posted on M2 wasn't the correct one as it turned out. Shame though cause the writer was raving about it! :cry:

Wake's Fastball
07-14-2008, 05:25 PM
At least Cleaves and El-Amin led their NCAA teams to national championships. That's pretty respectable in my book.

18colts29
07-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Kwame Brown :laugh:

THE PEOPLE
07-18-2008, 12:24 AM
At least all of those guys in the video made it to College and some even to the NBA.

Anybody know Lenny Cooke's whereabouts?

metsfreak
07-18-2008, 01:54 AM
McDonalds?

arlubas
07-18-2008, 03:08 AM
When I made this thread I had in mind that people would add more players similar to these so that we could discuss. Instead I see people saying the ones mentioned were great...

No doubt some of them did good in college but they didn't do much or anything as pros which is what I was trying to say from the get go.

Another name worth stating: Corleone Young!

IndiansFan337
07-18-2008, 10:22 AM

I don't think he's still a baller.

How about James Lang?

THE PEOPLE
07-18-2008, 02:43 PM
Corleone Young!

How about James Lang?

At least they got drafted. :p

IndiansFan337
07-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Lang was a fool. I saw whim play in the McDonald's All-American game, because it was at Gund Arena when LeBron was a senior in HS. He reminded me of Tractor Traylor. He weighed 300-320 lbs & wasn't even 7 ft tall. He was probably closer to 6-8. Yet, he didn't even entertain the thought of attending college. That year a record amount of HS kids got drafted, but he didn't get anything out of it & will never play in the NBA.

TP, I thought he then went undrafted? :shrug:

THE PEOPLE
07-18-2008, 05:39 PM
TP, I thought he then went undrafted? :shrug:

Yeah, he was a chubby boy. :)

He got drafted in the second round by somebody...Hornets or Pistons, don't really remember very well, but never made the team.

Another guy is Ronnie Fields, he broke like every record in Chicago high school history while playing with Kevin Garnett...I remember him being involved in a car crash, don't know if that had anything to do with him being undrafted .?

dirk206
07-19-2008, 01:08 AM
At least all of those guys in the video made it to College and some even to the NBA.

Last I heard, he was balling in North Dakota. He was like 20 pounds over his career playing weight. If he could just get in shape, I think he could have a legit shot at making an NBA roster. But I guess he's happy beating up on 2nd rate talent.

Chi-Town Finest
07-19-2008, 01:14 AM
What happenend to guys like Scottie Thurman, Charles and Ed Obannon, Kerry Kittles, Harold Minor to name a few. Thought those guys were going to tear up the league.

dirk206
07-19-2008, 03:29 AM
^Kerry Kittles had a decent career, he had to retire prematurely because of the damage to his knee.

THE PEOPLE
07-19-2008, 06:40 AM
What happenend to guys like Scottie Thurman, Charles and Ed Obannon, Kerry Kittles, Harold Minor to name a few. Thought those guys were going to tear up the league.

Ed O'Bannon is a car salesman in Vegas.

arlubas
07-19-2008, 08:46 AM

Thurman and Charles O'Bannon were playing over in Europe for years. Both had decent careers playing for mediocre teams mostly. I loved Thurman after that huge three he had. Was disappointed when I saw him live over here being mediocre... :cry:

arlubas
07-19-2008, 08:52 AM
Another guy is Ronnie Fields, he broke like every record in Chicago high school history while playing with Kevin Garnett...I remember him being involved in a car crash, don't know if that had anything to do with him being undrafted .?

That dude was a beast back in college, remember his thunderous dunks to this day. Here's what happened to him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Fields

Sadly I didn't know he had played here in Greece. I wish I would've seen him while he was here... :(

IndiansFan337
07-19-2008, 12:16 PM
That dude was a beast back in college, remember his thunderous dunks to this day. Here's what happened to him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Fields

Sadly I didn't know he had played here in Greece. I wish I would've seen him while he was here... :(

Jeez, a 50 inch verticle!!! :speechless:

That's unreal. I wonder if the neck injury ever allowed him to get back to that level. That truly is amazing. No wonder he had so many dunks!

rabzouz 96
07-19-2008, 01:29 PM
dajuan wagner

Rhyming Rebel
07-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Hell Darius Miles and Kwame Brown..Suck. Dewaun Wagner too.

rickyk13
07-30-2008, 10:10 AM
demarcus nelson was a stud in high school broke tons of records in california and went onto an average career at duke but i dont see him makin it to the show anytime

also for some college guys that i thought would have a decent career in the nba. Bracey wright was a force at indiana but havnt heard of him forever and I always like the game of BJ elder at georgia tech i thought with his size and power he could have been a decent back up guard in the league
but definately wagner i bought his cavaliers jersey and everything but now all i hear is "who is wagner?" when i wear it lol

arlubas
07-30-2008, 10:59 AM
demarcus nelson was a stud in high school broke tons of records in california and went onto an average career at duke but i dont see him makin it to the show anytime

also for some college guys that i thought would have a decent career in the nba. Bracey wright was a force at indiana but havnt heard of him forever and I always like the game of BJ elder at georgia tech i thought with his size and power he could have been a decent back up guard in the league
but definately wagner i bought his cavaliers jersey and everything but now all i hear is "who is wagner?" when i wear it lol

Bracey Wright is playing right here in Greece man and he is really one of the best players in the league here. You could see the guy knew how to ball at IU so I was sure he would make it here as well.

As for Elder yeah seriously, where is that guy? Havent heard about him since his GT days.

rickyk13
07-31-2008, 03:11 PM
jr giddens was a mcdonalds all american and a top 20 recruit he was a star his freshman year but after transfering to new mexico you didnt hear about him til draft night and it was funny cause i was thinkin somebody should definately put him on there summer league team cause hes got tons of skill but i never seen him in any mock drafts
i guess only time will tell if he makes it though