PDA

View Full Version : Could Mitch be trying to get Artest withou giving up Odom?

Lakeshow86
07-14-2008, 01:30 AM
There's been talk that the lakers want Artest but are unwilling to give up Odom to do so. What can Lakers offer without Odom? I think it would take something with Farmar. Luke and Radman for artest would make me go crazy but unless the Maloofs are drunk it will not happen. Probably Farmar, Radman and our 1st round pick this year for artest would be a fair deal i think.

Fireworld
07-14-2008, 01:37 AM
Yeah I heard this too I think Rick Kamla said it during the game today..would be great if Mitch pulled this off but sounds impossible.

Droth24
07-14-2008, 01:40 AM
I really am against the idea of giving up Farmar he has alot of potential but at the same time i really want Artest so idk if i would pull the trigger on this one

GermanLakersFan
07-14-2008, 01:41 AM
It would prolly be like Farmar/Ariza/Walton for Artest + 2nd rounder. If you ask me bring over sun yue and get it done. I love Ariza and Farmar but they are kinda expendable in order to get a quality type of player like Artest.

Fisher/Sun Yue/Odom/(Free Agent)
Kobe/Sasha
Artest/Odom/Radman
Gasol/Odom/(Turiaf or Free Agent)
Bynum/Gasol/Mihm

:clap::clap::clap::rock::dance:

Lakeshow86
07-14-2008, 01:42 AM
Heck it could even be a bad deal. Farmar very well could be just as good as Tony Parker i think. and we trade him for artest along with a first round draft pick and a solid shooter in Radman?

Fireworld
07-14-2008, 01:50 AM
Heck it could even be a bad deal. Farmar very well could be just as good as Tony Parker i think. and we trade him for artest along with a first round draft pick and a solid shooter in Radman?

Good point!:cool:

LASportsFan
07-14-2008, 01:59 AM
If Sacramento wants Odom then this is the deal:

Odom + Walton

for

Artest + Salmons

Salmons is a very underrated player on both ends of the court. I think the added toughness of these two players would be a great asset.

NDP1981
07-14-2008, 02:10 AM
Heck it could even be a bad deal. Farmar very well could be just as good as Tony Parker i think.

Whoa Whoa Whoa lets not get crazy here.:D

tim
07-14-2008, 02:18 AM

Lakers want to "win now" and we are talking about Ron Artest who is a very good player. trust me, anything less than Odom is a steal.

Storch
07-14-2008, 02:31 AM
WOW SERIOUSLY? that would be a dream come true. If the lakers get artest without odom... Im gona enjoy making a thread called "Laker haters check-in to talk trash about our great GM mitch kupchak"

pmmr2113
07-14-2008, 02:35 AM
what would our lineup be if we don't trade odom?
kobe
artest
odom
gasol
bynum
?
damn that's a tall lineup right there

GermanLakersFan
07-14-2008, 02:40 AM
I made up my mind I'd rather give up odom i think than Farmar and Ariza...If we give up those 2 our future is gone Lamar is expendable as we saw in the finals. He cringes comes crunch-time.
Odom for Artest and Kenny... I would LOVE to get Kenny Thomas in that deal, not basketballwise but businesswise. Imagine we would have another big expiring-contract in '09-'10 you saw what u can get for big expiring contracts of sucking players last season...

Farmar/Fisher/Sun Yue
Kobe/Sasha/Karl(best player on Summer League squad)
Artest/Ariza/Luke
Gasol/Radman/Thomas
Bynum/Gasol/Mihm

#1lakerfan
07-14-2008, 02:46 AM
Trading Farmar should be out of the question, our cap room well there is none, and we are PG weak anyways with only two true PG's and if we go traded away a PG that already knows the triangle would be counter productive in my opinion. We are really SF heavy and could afford to move a couple of them. Radman and Luke could go, and do we still have Ira Newble ? If so he could most definitley go lol. Im just not sure what they are planning for Odom. I would be weary of starting him at SF, and he is too good for the bench, and you cant not start Bynum and Gasol. I think they are going to try and use Odom to sign a couple of back up bigmen, I do not forsee LA matching the Warriors offer for Turiaf. So we are hurting for some backup bigmen. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

LAdiablo
07-14-2008, 02:54 AM
it could happen but you gotta believe sac wants odom or there is no deal. which at this point is fine by me.

AllTheWay
07-14-2008, 02:56 AM
We cant offer a first rounder i believe

borat
07-14-2008, 02:57 AM
There's been talk that the lakers want Artest but are unwilling to give up Odom to do so. What can Lakers offer without Odom? I think it would take something with Farmar. Luke and Radman for artest would make me go crazy but unless the Maloofs are drunk it will not happen. Probably Farmar, Radman and our 1st round pick this year for artest would be a fair deal i think.

Impossible.

First off let's state the obvious. It's the kings and we play in the same division.

Secondly, Odom is basically the only option. He is an expiring deal and is our most tradeable talent. They are not gonna trade us Artest for a bunch of role players. Farmar's nice, but then you'd have to include someone like Vlad and Luke? C'mon, they don't want those guys for multiple years. Plus they just signed Beno. So the centerpiece of a deal for them is gonna be for a backup PG and a late late late 1st round pick?

:laugh:

NDP1981
07-14-2008, 03:11 AM
Impossible.

First off let's state the obvious. It's the kings and we play in the same division.

Secondly, Odom is basically the only option. He is an expiring deal and is our most tradeable talent. They are not gonna trade us Artest for a bunch of role players. Farmar's nice, but then you'd have to include someone like Vlad and Luke? C'mon, they don't want those guys for multiple years. Plus they just signed Beno. So the centerpiece of a deal for them is gonna be for a backup PG and a late late late 1st round pick?

Bingo. If we could get Artest without giving up Odom I think it would be a bigger steal than Gasol. Probably start a league investigation and the haters would never stop complaining.

NrenNstimpy
07-14-2008, 03:55 AM

I think you're right. I believe the rule is that you cannot trade draft picks in the same round of consecutive years.

Seeing as though we gave up the 08 and 10 1st rounders to Memphis in the Gasol trade, we wouldn't be able to offer another 1st round pick until 2012. Unless of course, this rule applies to a single trade, in which case we would be able to offer any pick we have still within our possession, but I don't see why this would be the case.

As far as Artest without giving up Odom, I'm pretty sure it's a foregone conclusion that we won't get him without giving up Odom. Sorry guys.

GermanLakersFan
07-14-2008, 04:11 AM
As I said it's better let Odom go and get Artest than keeping Odom and letting our future in farmar and ariza go

MJL
07-14-2008, 04:22 AM
Give them Luke, Radman, Newble and Carl. If necessary, give them Mihm too...:)

da wood
07-14-2008, 04:30 AM
I don't think it would get done but if we could get it done then do it get rid of Jordan. You guys gotta think that with this team we can easily get vet points that want that last run at the ship.

da wood
07-14-2008, 04:31 AM
I must add though. I wouldn't give up Ariza at all.

YaDaDa PacK
07-14-2008, 04:35 AM
IF a deal could happen where Odom wasn't included, then the 72-10 record posted by the Bulls would be challenged!

My projected starting lineup would be:

Odom
Kobe
Artest
Gasol
Bynum

People are saying Odom wouldn't work at PG, are you SERIOUS!?!? He automatically would become the X-Factor and a mismatch on the court in any game against any team.

For example:

Lakers vs. Celtics...

Odom - Rondo
Kobe - Ray
Artest - Pierce
Pau - KG
Bynum - Perkins

That's what it would look like for us, offensively. So why not ISO Odom and have him post up? I'm sure by now you can imagine just how difficult it would be for the defense to be able to make adjustments from there. If they were to double Odom, that would mean that either Kobe, Artest, Pau or Bynum would be left open... lol get it?

Defensively, if it were upto me, I'd leave it just the way the match-ups are on offense and make Rondo have to beat us single handedly.

R.Miller
07-14-2008, 05:44 AM
I swear if mitch pulls off not giving up any of our big four for artest, than he would be the greatest GM in the world. and plus the lakers would be rigged to win the next 7 championships lol :clap:

BleedPurple
07-14-2008, 05:56 AM
If we get Artest without losing Odom to Sac I think LO will still be traded maybe Chicago for Hinrich-Thomas or Hinrich-Noah.

G-Funk
07-14-2008, 06:15 AM

we can but they have to wait until 2010 to receive it.

G-Funk
07-14-2008, 06:16 AM
I would do Mihm, Ariza and Farmar.

We would need to sign a back up PG, and Kwame.

I like Farmar but rings are more important to me than him.

gr824
07-14-2008, 06:58 AM
I think you're right. I believe the rule is that you cannot trade draft picks in the same round of consecutive years.

Seeing as though we gave up the 08 and 10 1st rounders to Memphis in the Gasol trade, we wouldn't be able to offer another 1st round pick until 2012. Unless of course, this rule applies to a single trade, in which case we would be able to offer any pick we have still within our possession, but I don't see why this would be the case.

As far as Artest without giving up Odom, I'm pretty sure it's a foregone conclusion that we won't get him without giving up Odom. Sorry guys.

A first rounder in 2012 is the correct answer ... :nod:

:D :D :D

gr824
07-14-2008, 07:00 AM

It would be 2012, NOT 2010 ...

DownUnder
07-14-2008, 07:40 AM
Borat is right on the money. There is no way Sac won't be after Odom. 14.5M off the books if they want and also rid themselves of Artest and Thomas or SAR's contract. The other 3 only give them role players and the same size expiring. Why would they do that?

The sticking point may well be from them not us. Maybe they are pushing for Farmar and Ariza as well as Odom while trying to offload two of Thomas/SAR/Moore. No way do they give us an easy deal. This is going to hurt IMO if it goes down.

Iceman_9
07-14-2008, 07:53 AM
I made up my mind I'd rather give up odom i think than Farmar and Ariza...If we give up those 2 our future is gone Lamar is expendable as we saw in the finals. He cringes comes crunch-time.
Odom for Artest and Kenny... I would LOVE to get Kenny Thomas in that deal, not basketballwise but businesswise. Imagine we would have another big expiring-contract in '09-'10 you saw what u can get for big expiring contracts of sucking players last season...

Farmar/Fisher/Sun Yue
Kobe/Sasha/Karl(best player on Summer League squad)
Artest/Ariza/Luke
Gasol/Radman/Thomas
Bynum/Gasol/Mihm

Amen!!! :)

Iceman_9
07-14-2008, 07:59 AM
If this will happen then Mitch is a God! :D Realistically though, i doubt whether the Queens will not want Odom. But this is the LAKERS.. Anything can happen. :)

innovator
07-14-2008, 08:03 AM
radman,farmar,pick for artest,singletary?

GermanLakersFan
07-14-2008, 08:24 AM
Amen!!! :)

Seems like we've been on the same page in every discussion there was so far buddy...you've got to be a smart guy.;)

Iceman_9
07-14-2008, 08:39 AM
Seems like we've been on the same page in every discussion there was so far buddy...you've got to be a smart guy.;)

I also noticed that. Sometimes it feels good that there is someone who agrees with your ideas. :D

GermanLakersFan
07-14-2008, 08:44 AM
YeppYepp :)

LA_Raiders
07-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Farmar,Ariza & Vlade + Pick would do it...

Er1c
07-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Farmar,Ariza & Vlade + Pick would do it...

mmmhm

Vinylman
07-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Impossible.

man... you are to nice to these guys... this has to be one of the most absurd threads i have ever seen on here

egptnwarrior22
07-14-2008, 10:51 AM
if mitch can get artest w/o trading odom, you'll have to wonder if he was a used car salesman at some point lol

8kobe24
07-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Let's be honest with ourselves here. The Maloof bros aren't gonna take garbage for Artest even if he forces his way out of cow town. Kind of like what Indiana did, they waited for a good deal to come along before the pulled the trigger. They won't take anything less than LO that's for sure.

SouljahPhil...
07-14-2008, 11:38 AM
farmar.,ariza and mihm works contract wise...All expiring..
Add in a couple of 2nd rounders..but doubt the kings accept that..

SouljahPhil...
07-14-2008, 11:42 AM
If we get Artest without losing Odom to Sac I think LO will still be traded maybe Chicago for Hinrich-Thomas or Hinrich-Noah.

that' what im thinking come trade deadline when odoms contract will be in demand...even just hinrich i will do it..

SouljahPhil...
07-14-2008, 11:45 AM
I would do Mihm, Ariza and Farmar.

We would need to sign a back up PG, and Kwame.

I like Farmar but rings are more important to me than him.

That is also the offer im thinking since this artest to LA rumors floated..

ARiza.,farmar and mihm are all expiring...add sun yue??
add 2 2nd rounders (charlotte's 09 and ours 2011)
add cash so they can buyout mihm or just save the money..
artest replaces ariza...our problem will be a backup point and C..

lakers4sho
07-14-2008, 12:03 PM
No. This is just absurd. Screw Artest if we have to give up most of our bench players. We might not even resign Turiaf and Sasha, and you guys are willing to give up Ariza and Farmar??

albertc86
07-14-2008, 12:07 PM
I don't believe this rumor. It is true, we're not acquiring Artest. Other teams would have better trading pieces than us. It would have to be one for one [Odom for Artest]. The Kings are in our conference, you know. They're not going to accept our young talent and make the Lakers a 5-man all-star team.

leftymo
07-14-2008, 12:09 PM

Odom + Walton

for

Artest + Salmons

Salmons is a very underrated player on both ends of the court. I think the added toughness of these two players would be a great asset.

salaries dont work, try again...

samxeyeam

Odom + Walton

for

Artest + Salmons

I highly doubt it because i know salmons is in the kings future... k.martin, and garcia starting and salmons coming off the bench for any of the two... I would LOVE to have salmons on the team... Heck I rather have salmons than ron artest! :) I seen this guy play when ron artest was out with a suspension in the beginning of the season... If given some play time... Salmons can play some BALL!!!

SouljahPhil...
No. This is just absurd. Screw Artest if we have to give up most of our bench players. We might not even resign Turiaf and Sasha, and you guys are willing to give up Ariza and Farmar??

my point is artest replaces ariza's spot...
the problem with that trade is our pg...we won't have a back up pg..
but we still have our mle and we can resign turiaf if this trade happens because we wont received any contracts...:cool:

leftymo
07-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Sac & LA are in a predicament in which each team must consider the long term value of two players that currently have expiring contracts for next year. (Artest & Odom). If neither is interested in keeping the player for long term they risk losing that player for nothing.

So in essence, especially since Sac does not intend to extend Artest, they will look to deal him for something. Come all-star break, to a team that needs his services.

LA isn't necessarily going to dump Odom at the end of the year. They've never made that intention.

If Odom is to be traded, the only moves that make sense is for Artest & Salmons, where Sac will want to dump us Thomas. That might be good enough to take Ronny's spot.

Usually a big has more value, so in essence we'd want more for giving them fringe allstar bigman.

And the "within the same divison" stuff is nonsense. LA & Phx, LA Clipps & LA Lakers have made trades in the past.

hamsta74
07-14-2008, 12:51 PM
I don't believe this rumor. It is true, we're not acquiring Artest. Other teams would have better trading pieces than us. It would have to be one for one [Odom for Artest]. The Kings are in our conference, you know. They're not going to accept our young talent and make the Lakers a 5-man all-star team.

It would not be one for one. The salaries don't match. It's at the least Artest and Kenny Thomas for Odom. I think the only hope of getting Artest would be some team like Houston taking Vlad (big man who can spread the court for McGrady and Yao) and Houston sending an expiring contract like Bobby Jackson. Even then, I think Sac would need to receive some future first rounders of which we already traded to Memphis.

NrenNstimpy
07-14-2008, 01:18 PM

It would be 2012, NOT 2010 ...

Not to mention our 2010 first round pick went to Memphis.... :rolleyes:

Storch
07-14-2008, 01:48 PM
ariza + farmar + radmanovic +draft pick = artest + k.thomas

The kings should bite on that because ariza and farmar are both pieces of the lakers future and they are good players. Also, the kings seems to like the peja and hedo type players and radmanovic definitely fits that player profile.

foevamylakers72
07-14-2008, 02:28 PM
don't trade the future for a wack job

kobesking
07-14-2008, 02:32 PM
I love LO and to add Artest w/o giving him up would be enormous. In essence this particular trade would work but I think we would need to sweeten the deal with some sort of draft picks...........

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=25~849~549~1016~2027&teams=13~13~23~23~23&te=&cash=

foevamylakers72
07-14-2008, 02:34 PM
don't trade the future for a wack job even with all the movement in free agency nobody has gotten that much better the clips get bd and lose brand and maggette they and g.s are the only teams that have signed a top free agent we will own the west don't give up on what we have now we are still young as long as we have kb24 we wiil be alright!!!

futureman
07-14-2008, 02:57 PM
Lakers have no buisness asking for Artest if they can't even offer odom.

smoothchocolate
07-14-2008, 03:27 PM
It would prolly be like Farmar/Ariza/Walton for Artest + 2nd rounder. If you ask me bring over sun yue and get it done. I love Ariza and Farmar but they are kinda expendable in order to get a quality type of player like Artest.

Fisher/Sun Yue/Odom/(Free Agent)
Kobe/Sasha
Artest/Odom/Radman
Gasol/Odom/(Turiaf or Free Agent)
Bynum/Gasol/Mihm

:clap::clap::clap::rock::dance:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=25~849~2426~3002~1016~2027&teams=13~13~23~23~23~23&te=&cash=

i think if a trade goes down to get artest without trading odom it would be more like that. because they still want to get rid of that bad contract with kenny thomas. I dont mind the trade because we get artest and a low post scorer in thomas. but we lose alot of young talent that doesnt play alot anyways and gives the kings a bench and i think they could be a playoff team with farmar,ariza,walton, and vlad u get a slasher in ariza, the u get a great playmaker in luke. farmar gives them young talent that might come back to haunt us. then vlad gives you the ability to strech the floor and make some room kevin martin to become all star

horry1ur
07-14-2008, 03:42 PM
I love LO and to add Artest w/o giving him up would be enormous. In essence this particular trade would work but I think we would need to sweeten the deal with some sort of draft picks...........

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=25~849~549~1016~2027&teams=13~13~23~23~23&te=&cash=

Wow would that be a rape job or a rape job? C'mon Kings accept the offer :D

Atticus Finch
07-14-2008, 03:53 PM

"sweeten" the deal? No team in the league is going to trade an all star for 3 unathletic, overpaid players. And only 2.5 million worth in expiring contracts? Sac would be better off not trading Artest than accepting this deal.

Teeboy1487
07-14-2008, 03:53 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=25~849~2426~3002~1016~2027&teams=13~13~23~23~23~23&te=&cash=

i think if a trade goes down to get artest without trading odom it would be more like that. because they still want to get rid of that bad contract with kenny thomas. I dont mind the trade because we get artest and a low post scorer in thomas. but we lose alot of young talent that doesnt play alot anyways and gives the kings a bench and i think they could be a playoff team with farmar,ariza,walton, and vlad u get a slasher in ariza, the u get a great playmaker in luke. farmar gives them young talent that might come back to haunt us. then vlad gives you the ability to strech the floor and make some room kevin martin to become all star I started a thread on that particular trade and got ripped for it. It was just a idea and out of fun.

tim
07-14-2008, 04:15 PM
I started a thread on that particular trade and got ripped for it. It was just a idea and out of fun.

well why would the queens take in Walton and Ramanovic... :confused: im not trying to make fun of you but its just logic. those two have horrible contracts are way worse than Thomas contract :speechless:, and they are overloaded at Sf, so Ariza isnt worth much. :shrug:

Walton = horrible looong contract
Radmanovic = overpaid bad contract
Farmar = backup PG
Ariza = 3mil expiring OR young talent?

for...

Artest = "Lakers missing piece"
Thomas = bad contract

dont get me wrong, i would LOVE for this to happen... :pray: just dont know why the queens would do this. :crazy:

Tymathee
07-14-2008, 04:52 PM
just a thought I was having. I was wondering why they wouldn't try and give up Odom seeing as they said they'd play him at SF with Bynum returning but then that got me thinking elsewhere. What if they're planning on a starting line up of Fish, Kobe, Artest, Odom & Gasol with Bynum backing up Gasol because they don't want to resign Turiaf to that high of a contract then they're able to do a lot of moving around and change the line up to the situation?

You could see fish, kobe, artest, gasol & bynum, then maybe fish, kobe, artest, odom, bynum, fish, sasha, kobe, artest, gasol, (assuming they want Sasha) and on n on.

I could see the fact of having Odom and Artest creating lots of problems, or maybe they'll have Artest coming off the bench at first while he learns the offense so that he won't mess up the flow of the offense early on?

Just thinking to think like Jackson, you guys do remember that the FO gave Jackson final say on all personnel decisions so even if KUpchak does get a trade together and Sac & LA Agree, if Phil thinks it won't work it won't be done.

marques724
07-14-2008, 04:52 PM
The kings aren't taking Vlad and Luke. We'll be lucky to get them to take one of them. If you are trying to get Artest without getting Odom it will take at least Ariza, Farmar, Mihm type of deal. If we get Artest I think eventually we would have to give up Lamar.

lalaland2007
07-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Lakers should just Get Artest for Odom and thats it.

No Farmar, No nothing

Match Turiaf contract, and resign Sasha.

And Waive Mihm, Ira, DJ, and Find a trade for Radman and Luke

Tapptout
07-14-2008, 07:30 PM
Yeah, i thought our 1st was already Memphis's

LakerzDQ
07-14-2008, 08:35 PM
argh, it's impossible to get Artest without giving up Odom. we don't have a contract good enough, or a player valuable enough to match Artest.

I mean, besides Kobe, Pau, Bynum, and Odom, the rest of the players have very low value.

Beno7500
07-14-2008, 08:44 PM
Geoff Petrie is not Chris Wallace.

Teeboy1487
07-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Personally I think the lakers should just trade odom for marion.

SouljahPhil...
07-14-2008, 09:49 PM
Lakers have no buisness asking for Artest if they can't even offer odom.

wat???

what's your problem??? teams can always come up with who they want to trade and btw your not the kings gm...

SouljahPhil...
07-14-2008, 09:52 PM
The kings aren't taking Vlad and Luke. We'll be lucky to get them to take one of them. If you are trying to get Artest without getting Odom it will take at least Ariza, Farmar, Mihm type of deal. If we get Artest I think eventually we would have to give up Lamar.

that's my point..if we will trade for artest let's just not include walton..no way in hell they accept him...Radmanovic maybe.,they can always package him to a team needing a shooter..