PDA

View Full Version : Seriously Will LeBron, Wade, Anthony or anyone be as good as Kobe?

Go Lakers
07-14-2008, 12:50 AM
Seriously! Will LeBron, Wade, Anthony or anyone be as good as Kobe? Be serious about this! I doubt it.

BostonFan 53
07-14-2008, 12:53 AM
Sems a bit pointless, but I'll play along

Lebron>Kobe
D-wade>Kobe

ink
07-14-2008, 12:55 AM
Lebron has a good chance. We'll never really know unless he gets to play with a quality team though.

ra8erfan111
07-14-2008, 12:59 AM
Carmelo: Doesn't have the physical capability on the defensvie side of the ball.

Wade: Don't think he will be that hungry...already has a championship, and his body will tear down in the near future. Attacks the basket like a mad man which is why he will not have longevity.

James: Has the most potential out of the three, but he better practice on his jump shot and become more of a clutch shooter at the end of games.

Bottom line: I believe Lebron has the better chance, but he must start making better decisions at the end of games, and keep practicing on his jumper.

And by the way, Kobe is still playing-so who knows what his legacy holds (that's scary)

ink
07-14-2008, 01:10 AM
Carmelo: Doesn't have the physical capability on the defensvie side of the ball.

Wade: Don't think he will be that hungry...already has a championship, and his body will tear down in the near future. Attacks the basket like a mad man which is why he will not have longevity.

James: Has the most potential out of the three, but he better practice on his jump shot and become more of a clutch shooter at the end of games.

Bottom line: I believe Lebron has the better chance, but he must start making better decisions at the end of games, and keep practicing on his jumper.

And by the way, Kobe is still playing-so who knows what his legacy holds (that's scary)

btw, Lebron's FG% is higher than Kobe's and his 3PT% is just below. There isn't that much difference between the two in terms of shooting efficiency.

ra8erfan111
07-14-2008, 01:45 AM
btw, Lebron's FG% is higher than Kobe's and his 3PT% is just below. There isn't that much difference between the two in terms of shooting efficiency.
Should have explained myself better: Lebron's FG% is slightly higher than Kobe's only due to his physical capability to score around the basket-which is where he gets majority of his points, thus the higher %. Doesn't mean that he has a better outside jumper than Kobe. Kobe is the better closer at the end of games because of his ability to score anywhere on the floor and we can do a poll, and majority of the people would agree on that. Lebrons jump shot is inconsistent which makes defenses lay back at the end of games and make him beat them with an outside shot.

Beno7500
07-14-2008, 01:50 AM
Lebron has a chance. The others will never be anything

gangis2169
07-14-2008, 02:30 AM

Actually Lebron shoots just under 70% inside the key and just under 30% out side the key so NO.... He is not even close to Kobe when it comes to fieldgoal percentage. Sorry but it was a nice try... By the way if you want real facts before you post go to 82games.com

Crunchy12489
07-14-2008, 05:45 AM
If LeBron got his shot down-pat like Kobe, he would pass Kobe IMO.

LeBron is already the most powerful/successful driver in the game right now. He can jump higher than Kobe, he passes more than Kobe, he blocks more than Kobe, he steals more than Kobe.

I mean damn. LeBron is amazing as hell.

And before all of you Kobe-homers start flaming me, me and my Overly-Kobe-Fanned friend sat down and talked about this while we was smoking a blunt. He's an older guy too, so his decision is well-respected over you younger audiences.

Wade? No. Never over Kobe. NEVER.

blackjack_119
07-14-2008, 05:58 AM
LeBron James at 23 y/o is already almost as good as Kobe in his prime, so yes I do think LeBron will be better than Kobe. LeBron will never be a better jump shooter, but as the cliche goes, "two points is two points." Does it really make a difference if you score them in the lane or with a sweet midrange jumper? No. LeBron is already close to Kobe and I am confident that he will surpass him.

The other two... no. They don't have a chance.

JordansBulls
07-14-2008, 07:19 AM
Depends how you measure it. Wade has done more in the playoffs as the best player on his team then any of those has, he just hasn't done enough career wise to be considered better.

Crunchy12489
07-14-2008, 08:14 AM
Depends how you measure it. Wade has done more in the playoffs as the best player on his team then any of those has, he just hasn't done enough career wise to be considered better.

Im not talking about who's resume looks better.

Im talking about raw talent.

Kobe > Wade.

Kobe can shoot WAY better than him, Kobe can rebound better, Kobe is more versatile (can kiss it off the glass, can make all net, can find MANY OF WAYS to put it in the hole) than Wade... Stevie Wonder can call that one...

One thing I will say about Wade is his crossovers... Man they are amazing... He passes more than Kobe too... But if you want to go pound for pound over raw talent, it's Kobe hands down...

And I'm not even a Kobe fan... Everyone knows that... I respect the HELL out of his game man...

Mile High Champ
07-14-2008, 09:05 AM
I would have to say yes because I believe James to better than Kobe so its that simple.

dawgsfan_45
07-14-2008, 11:38 AM
IMO Lebron=Kobe. You cant really argue whos better because they are both extremely good at everything they do. But if I had to pick one i would say Lebron. Lebron helps makes his team better ...more... than kobe does (couldnt think of a better way to say it).

MassoDio
07-14-2008, 12:32 PM
YEs. LeBron wil most likely be better than Kobe when all is said and done. For those of you saying that LeBron can't shoot....Kobe wasn't the best jump shooter for a while either. He got a lot better. LeBron will improve as well. Will LeBron ever be as a good of a jump shooter? Probably not. But it will improve, and he already a better finisher. LeBron has already shown a lot of improvement on the defensive end (though he is still average on defense at best) And Kobe is just slight bit overrated on the defensive end. He is a good defender, but he takes a lot of plays off. He is a good defender, not great, as some people like to say he is.

So all in all, I think that LeBron will be better. Though I don't think he will be much better.

MiamiHeat
07-14-2008, 12:35 PM
lol dont even mention anthony in the same sentence as kobe, he has the least chances of ever becoming as good as kobe, but lebron has the most chance, but wade has to stop attackin the basketball so much, i know his been practicin shooting the 3pts and his jumpers so he will be better :D

ARMIN12NBA
07-14-2008, 08:47 PM

I agree with you here. Carmelo doesn't have the defensive capabilities to be considered a great well-rounded player. Wade is very injury prone and is already an average shooter at best. Lebron does not have a jumpshot and is not very good on the defensive end, but has the most potential out of the three, but he will never be as good as Kobe Bryant, who I think is the second greatest all-around player of all time in terms of overall capabilities.

ARMIN12NBA
07-14-2008, 08:56 PM
If LeBron got his shot down-pat like Kobe, he would pass Kobe IMO.

LeBron is already the most powerful/successful driver in the game right now. He can jump higher than Kobe, he passes more than Kobe, he blocks more than Kobe, he steals more than Kobe.

I mean damn. LeBron is amazing as hell.

And before all of you Kobe-homers start flaming me, me and my Overly-Kobe-Fanned friend sat down and talked about this while we was smoking a blunt. He's an older guy too, so his decision is well-respected over you younger audiences.

Wade? No. Never over Kobe. NEVER.

Heres the thing...That is a big IF to see if Lebron will get his shot down.

Lebron is a 35% midrange jump-shooter.
Kobe is a 42% midrange jump-shooter.

Lebron is a 31% three point shooter.
Kobe is a 36% outside shooter.

Kobe is a much better shooter. Also, just because you jump higher doesn't mean you are a better player...Ask Gerald Green about that.

Just because Lebron steals and blocks more, it doesn't mean he is a better defensive player. The Denver Nuggets averaged the most steals and blocks and they were one of the worst defensive teams. Kobe is much much better on the defensive end and it is very hard to teach defense.

Lebron does average more assists than Kobe. He averages 1.8 more assists, but you also must consider the offense each player plays in.

Lebron plays in the Lebron James-offense where basically Lebron holds the ball until the shot clock winds down and then drives to the basket and shoots or passes. The TNT crew even acknowledged this by saying how the Cavs have literally no offense and Lebron handles the ball almost all the time and rarely ever posts up (actually never), which is something that Kobe is known for being the best at doing for a guard- posting up.

Kobe plays in the triangle offense where the guards almost never have high assist total. Ask Michael Jordan, his assist average went plummeting once PJ came to coach the Bulls.

It is sort of a myth that Kobe never passes.

P.S. I just want to say this though. Lebron is the greatest driver to the basket of all time. I just don't think he is a better overall player than Kobe.

_Sn1P3r_
07-14-2008, 09:28 PM
LeBron out of those 3. LeBron is still young and is putting up sick numbers. He has to work on his jumpshot and make it more consistent and he'll become even more dangerous. He will be able to shoot over you, drive past you, post you up with his big body, and if double-teamed, pass over you because he has good court vision.

LakerzDQ
07-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Lebron has the potential to beat Kobe. hell, he's pretty close already.

Carmelo won't be as good. He's just a scorer, and can't really do much else.
Wade has the potential to be as good as Kobe, but I don't think he has that drive, or the killer instinct. I can be wrong though.

but none of these players have the ability to score like Kobe.
in the history of basketball, I don't think any player was, or would ever be as creative as Kobe, when it comes to getting the ball in the hoop.

sanfranfan1210
07-14-2008, 11:18 PM
I think Lebron will be but not the others

Afridi786
07-14-2008, 11:30 PM
IMO i think Lebron is better already....if I had to pick one of the two to add to my team for only one season it would be Lebron.

PrymaL
07-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Its a scary thought to think if Lebron develops a shot like Kobe, I actually do think that he CAN become a better player than Kobe because of his body, which allows him to drive in at will. But I also think Kobe is smarter overall on the court.

Marius
07-18-2008, 01:43 AM
Lebron has the potential to beat Kobe. hell, he's pretty close already.

Carmelo won't be as good. He's just a scorer, and can't really do much else.
Wade has the potential to be as good as Kobe, but I don't think he has that drive, or the killer instinct. I can be wrong though.

but none of these players have the ability to score like Kobe.
in the history of basketball, I don't think any player was, or would ever be as creative as Kobe, when it comes to getting the ball in the hoop.

How can you say Wade doesn't have a killer instinct. Did you see his face during the finals?

He dominated.

Sure, the fouls called were ridiculous, but the shots he was making, the surprising 3 pointer to his offensive arsenal, Wade is much better than Kobe. In my opinion.

Kobe is looked upon as a god because his game resembles Michael Jordan so much.

ARMIN12NBA
07-18-2008, 04:29 AM
How can you say Wade doesn't have a killer instinct. Did you see his face during the finals?

He dominated.

Sure, the fouls called were ridiculous, but the shots he was making, the surprising 3 pointer to his offensive arsenal, Wade is much better than Kobe. In my opinion.

Kobe is looked upon as a god because his game resembles Michael Jordan so much.

That is brave to say. "Much better." I mean, I would respect you if you said slightly better or even plain better, but this is a joke.

Dwyane Wade shoots 28% from three and 38% from midrange.

Kobe Bryant shoots 36% from three and 42% from midrange.

outside shooting edge: Kobe Bryant.

Dwyane Wade is considered a below average or even bad defender. He made the 2nd team defense in 2005, but his defense has been slowly dipping.

Kobe Bryant is considered one of the best defenders in the league. He has been an all-team defender consistently and has made the 1st or 2nd team 8 times.

Defense edge: Kobe Bryant.

Dwyane Wade shoots 75% from the line.

Kobe Bryant shoots 84% from the line.

Free-throw shooter edge: Kobe Bryant.

Dwyane Wade averages 4 rebounds a game.

Kobe Bryant averages 6 rebounds a game.

Rebounding edge: Kobe Bryant.

and on and on and on.

Kobe Bryant is already considered a better player anyways and I just pulled out some facts to prove that he is a better player. Not to mention the fact that he has an amazing offensive repertoire in that he can post-up and has amazing footwork. Dwyane Wade does not post-up and does not have great footwork.

I can respect you if you say Wade is better, but MUCH better is a pretty odd thing to say.

MiamiHeat
07-18-2008, 11:52 AM
This season coming up is a new start for Wade he will be 100% healthy first time since 2006 championship run, Wade has been practicing his jumpers and getting some range, Wade is coming back! :D

Raptors27
07-18-2008, 12:07 PM
If LeBron is on a team with a secon option like Koba has had throuout his career then yes. leBron has the potential to be better IMO. Carmelo is good as well but won't be as good and wade eitehr different playing styles.

daleja424
07-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Wade is good...but he wont last enough to be considered as good as Kobe at the end of his career...even tho he is just as talented when healthy...IMO

Bron is better...but will never get his dues unless he wins some rings... which wont happen in cleveland...IMO

Anthony doesnt belong in this conversation...and thats not my opinion. thats fact!:D

#1Mavericksfan
07-20-2008, 02:23 AM
LeBron might but I'm not sure about everybody else.

barreleffact
07-24-2008, 06:04 AM
how can yall slip on wade so much. the year they won the championshp, there was almost nothing wade couldnt do. he could blow y anyone, he could shoot anywhere except the 3. he could glass shots, lay-up, posterize. he was a more adept passer IMO and played equal D.he got to the line slightly more. his 06 year was better than kobe's. not his career tho. so to say wade has no chance is a little outragious. he almost single handedly won the title. te only reason why wade probably wont be known as better is because his style is kill or die and sooner or later he'll die. he can shoot the lights out mid range and closer but he shines the most breaking down the d and scoring

lebron- he's just as good at almost everything as kobe is. kobe has a better shot, defense, and drive. lebron wants to win and so does kobe but lebon is tryna be more quiet and hinting while kobe says look noone will waste his prime. lebron has the best chance at having a better career because his body. 6'8+ and 250 solid...thats a monsterous combination considering he can play 4 positions.

melo- not even in the same league...hes euro and is just playing catch up

bagwell368
07-24-2008, 02:26 PM
LeBron isn't a jerk, and is physically more dominant, if he gets that outside shot down, Kobe is not only in the rear view mirror, he's got tire tracks all up and down his back.

Tom81
07-25-2008, 10:11 AM

agreed