PDA

View Full Version : Latest JO interview

nstojic
07-14-2008, 12:06 AM
http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/videos/2008/07/13/jermaine-oneal-sometimes-you-need-a-fresh-start/

he's saying all the right things raps fans wanna hear...

argo
07-14-2008, 12:23 AM
great interview, great guy, can't wait to see him play.

"having two guys on each block who can step out and make the 18 footer, i don't know who you're going to double down on"

"we gotta get that swagger that we're one of the better teams in the league"

Ragun
07-14-2008, 12:29 AM
he is great! thanks for the link!

Dragan
07-14-2008, 01:24 AM
nice link, thanks. good to hear him enthusiastic and wanting to fight.

The Wise 1
07-14-2008, 01:29 AM
Were the headbands last year red and black? Or were they solid red and solid white? Looks like the black jerseys will have some red in them then.

ink
07-14-2008, 01:51 AM
Good interview. He's smart enough to say the right things. Articulate guy. I can see why Colangelo was convinced this was the right move.

AK-50
07-14-2008, 02:27 AM
Were the headbands last year red and black? Or were they solid red and solid white? Looks like the black jerseys will have some red in them then.

i think it was red and white for home and red and black for road last year

Tom Stone
07-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Is there a picture of the new Raptor jerseys?

blujaysrock
07-14-2008, 11:52 AM
hello, second round of playoffs :D

goku
07-14-2008, 01:15 PM
if he's healthy

Ragun
07-14-2008, 05:37 PM
hello, second round of playoffs :D

hello championships. :D

_Sn1P3r_
07-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the link. The man says good things.

Legitimate
07-14-2008, 10:52 PM
The raptors only have to worry about is Boston. Knicks will be good but they need to make aquistions first, did they make any big splash in the offseason? No. As for Cleveland, Lebron can't do it on his own, we got good low post defense now to defend against him. Oh yeah and for Orlando, with Bosh and JO downlow, Dwight will be constantly turning over the ball down low, especially if this team is all on the same page for defense. So this leaves us with the 3 headed monster Boston, which I don't think the raptors will not be able to take on but maybe in the future. It would be a good series though, I think the raptors would at least win 2 games in that series. The raptors have to worry more about Philadelphia than any other team besides Boston. I don't think Atlanta would be able to beat us in the playoffs, especially if Josh Smith doesn't re-sign with them.

So this year in Playoffs is all riding on if JO stays healthy and all the players develop better with more playing time and if everyone can stay on the same page on defense.

See why this is such a good pick up? You hear the interview? JO is back from what it seems, so this is awesome for the raptors and we could look forward to a 50+ season and getting past the first round of the playoffs this year. We also got baby shak in the trade, so we should be happy :). I think it was a perfect trade for both teams, when you really look what we got and what they got.

In Bryan Colangelo/Jermaine O'Neal we trust <<<<LOL

huidogg
07-14-2008, 11:28 PM
The raptors only have to worry about is Boston. Knicks will be good but they need to make aquistions first, did they make any big splash in the offseason? No. As for Cleveland, Lebron can't do it on his own, we got good low post defense now to defend against him. Oh yeah and for Orlando, with Bosh and JO downlow, Dwight will be constantly turning over the ball down low, especially if this team is all on the same page for defense. So this leaves us with the 3 headed monster Boston, which I don't think the raptors will not be able to take on but maybe in the future. It would be a good series though, I think the raptors would at least win 2 games in that series. The raptors have to worry more about Philadelphia than any other team besides Boston. I don't think Atlanta would be able to beat us in the playoffs, especially if Josh Smith doesn't re-sign with them.

So this year in Playoffs is all riding on if JO stays healthy and all the players develop better with more playing time and if everyone can stay on the same page on defense.

See why this is such a good pick up? You hear the interview? JO is back from what it seems, so this is awesome for the raptors and we could look forward to a 50+ season and getting past the first round of the playoffs this year. We also got baby shak in the trade, so we should be happy :). I think it was a perfect trade for both teams, when you really look what we got and what they got.

In Bryan Colangelo/Jermaine O'Neal we trust <<<<LOL

helloo r u highh?? did u forget about a team call the 'detroit pistons'??? you never even mention a thing about the pistons.. do you think we can honestly beat them even if we have JO.. come on, be realistic.. we are still nothing compare to the pistons..... they made the playoffs like so many years i can't even remember how many times... so do some research or put some thinking in what you write first before you start posting, it will be very much appreciated~ :)

Legitimate
07-15-2008, 12:01 AM
The pistons are the oldest team in the nba, this is the season where they show there true signs of aging. I am anti-pistons, they'll just get past the first round and we won't have to face them anyway. Pistons are older than my grandmother and i'm serious when I say that. The Pistons management know this, that is why there practically trying to have a firesale with all these rumours flying around. They know that there done for and they want to get younger and trade away there sorry *** contracts before its too late. In 2 years there is only going to be 1 and maybe 2 of the starters they have now on their roster and that is not include billups. You can't just have a ton of veterans winning a championship, it just doesn't happen, you need a mix with talented youngins. Pistons will face Boston in the first round haha <3. The eastern conference is too tough for Detroit, they are a what 6-7-8 seed team this year and you could reply to this post if they get past the first round, i know my basketball :).

argo
07-15-2008, 12:28 AM
i disagree about the pistons being too old. stuckey, maxiel, prince, hamilton - are all still in or entering their prime, and rasheed is still one of the best all-around pf's in the league. weren't they in the conference finals the past 4-5 years, making it to the finals a couple times, and winning once? i'd say thats a pretty huge accomplishment, and invaluable experience.
- a lot of people said the spurs were too old when they won two years ago.
- nash won 2 mvp's in his 30's.

championship teams need a good mix of veterans and guys in their prime.

Raptors27
07-15-2008, 09:46 AM
Can't Wait!!

pebloemer
07-15-2008, 02:45 PM
I know this interview has been up for a few days, but it is the first time I have had the time to watch it. Wow, Jermaine Oneal sure does instill a lot of confidence doesn't he?

He definately has the right "talk" but will have the right "walk?"