PDA

View Full Version : Artest for Iguodala?

CaptainCool79
07-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Im tired of hearing all these proposals of where to send artest and they seem like a rip off. I don't want Nene...or Varejao or odom. That's all garbage. So my question is, why cant we just trade Artest for a guy to fill in for him straight up. I personally love Iguodala and i think he could jump right for Artest. He plays good defense and he's an awesome second option scorer for K-Mart. So can we pull it off? I think we'd be better off with an athletic, dynamic player like Iguodala that would bring a little media attention to sac than the other garbage i've seen in artest trades. Sound off :D

kingsfan15
07-13-2008, 09:36 PM
i would love to get iggy for artest, pretty sure the sixers wouldnt do it tho

CaptainCool79
07-13-2008, 09:52 PM
IDK i think they might. They've had the whole contract issue with Iguodala last season. Plus Artest with Brand, Dalembert, Miller and all the young guys they have..

Beno7500
07-13-2008, 10:09 PM
I'd do it. Question is will philly.

kingsfan15
07-13-2008, 10:35 PM
if philly would do it, im all for it, igoudala is still pretty young, if we could lock him up long term, udrih/singletary, martin, iggy, thompson, hawes, the potential there is very good if they all pan out

Beno7500
07-13-2008, 11:01 PM
I would love him in SAC but philly prolly wont let him out. he is there to go along with brand. dammit!

FarOutIos
07-14-2008, 03:42 AM
I think it could happen with another piece involved. I think if you throw in a sheldon williams or a draft pick, they may consider.

Kingsade
07-14-2008, 03:55 AM
how about artest/doubster/1st round pick for iggy

Remmni
07-14-2008, 10:08 AM
How about Artest and B Miller they need a shooting Center

Randy West
07-14-2008, 01:41 PM
I like the idea of Iggy for Artest

Problem is I don't pull the trigger on the deals

Remmni
07-14-2008, 01:52 PM
I think its Obvious Hawes is our guy now so we have to package Artest and Miller in some deals this summer. Artest for Iggy / Miller and Salmons for MAtrix

CaptainCool79
07-14-2008, 02:33 PM
I wouldn't mind Artest/Sheldon/2nd rounder for Iggy. what do you think? they get an amazing player in artest, and some future talent with sheldon and a pick. Let's not go crazy and start throwing 1st rounders out there, iguodala is good but not better than artest enough to warrant a 1st rounder.

TmacYao2
07-14-2008, 02:35 PM
that would make the 76ers contenders and that would make the Kings quite dangerous in the future, good thinking.

Beno7500
07-14-2008, 03:43 PM
I wouldn't mind Artest/Sheldon/2nd rounder for Iggy. what do you think? they get an amazing player in artest, and some future talent with sheldon and a pick. Let's not go crazy and start throwing 1st rounders out there, iguodala is good but not better than artest enough to warrant a 1st rounder.

Or how about just Artest for Iguodala straight up if the money works.

I_Hate_Lakers
07-14-2008, 04:34 PM
ya i do it any day any time

Randy West
07-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Or how about just Artest for Iguodala straight up if the money works.

gets him out of sac for a player with more upside on the offensive side of the ball

Plus he is out of our division and we don't help the Lakers at all

CaptainCool79
07-14-2008, 07:20 PM
gets him out of sac for a player with more upside on the offensive side of the ball

Plus he is out of our division and we don't help the Lakers at all

Exactly my point. helping the lakers by giving them artest for anything basically means we're packing it on the season before it starts. I still love ron ron but if he wants out we need to look out for our team. with the sixers having their money issues with iggy, im sure they'd consider artest. He would make the sixers contenders and the kings would becoming a hot young(er) team. I'm gonna post in the sixers forum and see what those guys think...

Kingsade
07-14-2008, 08:17 PM
heck if we could get igoudala for artest, kenny thomas, and a conditional 1st round pick, plus cash considerations to pay for most of thomas' 2008-2009 salary. then turn around and trade miller, SAR, salmons, and another conditional 1st round pick to miami for shawn marion and marcus banks. you might as well give us the championship. I say that the odds of Philly doing it is 70% and Miami is 40%

Udrih/Banks/Singletary
Martin/Douby
Igoudala/Garcia/Ewing Jr.
Marion/Thompson
Hawes/Moore

CaptainCool79
07-14-2008, 08:45 PM
I'm glad a lot of you like the idea. I guess the Philly people are all butthurt about it. They're kinda stupid. They all love Iguodala but don't realize how much better they are with Artest/how hard it will be for them to keep Iguodala otherwise. I think this should be the Kings primary offseason move! at the very least we'll have
Udrih
Martin
Iguodala
Moore/Thompson
Miller/Hawes

It would be perfect, with that lineup and some contributions from cisco, salmons and our 35 PFs we could be a playoff team.

wvphil
07-15-2008, 01:46 AM
Iguodala is a restricted FA. He would have to be willing to sign an extension for a trade to happen or we just outbid everyone, if we can get some capspace quickly.

Remmni
07-15-2008, 02:00 PM
I say do some illegal shiot and give Sar a case of cash totalling 10 million tax free for him to retire for medical reasons. Then we'd have the room now for Iggy then start making some moves with Miller and Salmons because we have to many SG SF type players. I mean if the League can do some illegal **** like fix games I think we can handle this one. Hey MAloofs I'll deliver the goods

Agent008
07-15-2008, 09:26 PM
I don't think that we can get Iggy for Artest, but we probably could get Thad Young. The Sixers would have to throw in some other players to make the salaries work and probably a pick. Maybe something like Artest for Young, Reggie Evans, and a 1st round pick.

Beno7500
07-15-2008, 09:37 PM
I wouldn't mind Thad. I know he is a good plyer. Is he a SF?

Agent008
07-15-2008, 09:51 PM
I wouldn't mind Thad. I know he is a good plyer. Is he a SF?

Yeah, he's a SF. I'm watching him in a summer league game against the Lakers right now, he's having a good game.

Beno7500
07-15-2008, 09:57 PM
i tried putting that game on nut it wouldnt play

Kings Faithful
07-16-2008, 12:59 AM
I'm starting to have second thoughts about trading Artest. I really loved him as a player, and there were some misunderstandings and i can see why he is mad....I go to the Lakers forum and they are all wanting him and they know how talented he is. I like having someone the Lakers desperately need and I don't want to give him up....I watched this video and it made me laugh and think of how cool he actually is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD796H08J7w

Beno7500
07-16-2008, 01:04 AM
Ya thats great and all but he needs to go.

I_Hate_Lakers
07-16-2008, 02:09 AM
no way bad trade

FarOutIos
07-16-2008, 05:12 AM
I don't like the idea of taking on Reggie Evans contract, it has too many years on it... it will be like a Kenny Thomas contract. Thadeus has good potential and plays more like an artest than an iggy.

Bottom line, though, is that Artest is probably gone anyway after next year so we may as well get what we can now.

FarOutIos
07-16-2008, 05:15 AM
I'm glad a lot of you like the idea. I guess the Philly people are all butthurt about it. They're kinda stupid. They all love Iguodala but don't realize how much better they are with Artest/how hard it will be for them to keep Iguodala otherwise. I think this should be the Kings primary offseason move! at the very least we'll have
Udrih
Martin
Iguodala
Moore/Thompson
Miller/Hawes

It would be perfect, with that lineup and some contributions from cisco, salmons and our 35 PFs we could be a playoff team.

I think Philly fans don't like it because Iguodala has a better future and is a better locker room presence. He is also similar to their fans as Kevin Martin is to ours. It would take a little more than artest to get him. Probably Shelden Williams and a second round pick. Though, I would love if we could include Moore instead of shelden.

Agent008
07-16-2008, 09:45 AM
I don't like the idea of taking on Reggie Evans contract, it has too many years on it... it will be like a Kenny Thomas contract. Thadeus has good potential and plays more like an artest than an iggy.

Bottom line, though, is that Artest is probably gone anyway after next year so we may as well get what we can now.

I don't like his contract either, but he was the only logical contract that would make the trade work.

mrmav
07-16-2008, 01:37 PM
What about Josh Howard for Artest? maybe some filler this way or that to make the money work. Howard is more prolific on the offensive end (Last season he averaged 30+ ppg with Dirk injured) and Dallas could probably use Artest's services on the offensive and defensive end...

Beno7500
07-16-2008, 01:38 PM
I'd do it. But, we are trying to clear space for 2010

Wade_County
07-16-2008, 01:45 PM
I think the trade for Josh Howard, that was rumered, works for both teams......Howard for Artest

Liney3506
07-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Iguodala isn't going anywhere, especially for a headcase like Artest. The Sixers want to keep their sanity and chemistry they gained last year. Not destroy it.

The only player your team would have to offer is Martin for Iguodala. And that's the honest truth.

Kings Faithful
07-16-2008, 02:59 PM
The only player your team would have to offer is Martin for Iguodala. And that's the honest truth.

And the only player that your team could offer for Martin is....O wait, we don't want anybody from your team for him. Artest is hella good and i think the 76'rs would pull the trigger on a Artest+Miller package.

Shieldsz
07-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Iguodala wouldn't leave Philly...especially not for Artest. We are trying to build our team around good team chemisty.

Artest= cancer

Beno7500
07-16-2008, 03:45 PM
Artest is a cancer. You're right

Kings Faithful
07-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Artest isn't really a cancer, actually his presence during the games was quite the opposite. His toughness kinda inspires the players around him to start kicking A*s, lol. I can see what you mean by keeping chemistry thoe. I do think the 76rs would improve if they traded Iggy for Artest.

Shieldsz
07-16-2008, 04:24 PM
He just doesnt fit the sixers well. Sixers love defense, which artest brings.. but we are a completel fast break team and Artest fits better in a half court game.

Artest like i said just doesnt work in with the team chemistry because he is all about himself. Artest will land with the Lakres..thats my guess

Beno7500
07-16-2008, 04:34 PM
And if he does land with L.A., he will do the opposite of helping that team.