PDA

View Full Version : Prudential Center survey

porthenator
07-13-2008, 09:15 PM
I am in the beginning stages of determining which arena is the best overall (for my blog), and I need help from Devils fans!!
I'd appreciate it if some Devils fans could complete this quick survey who visit the Prudential Center regularly throughout the season.
If you choose to do this, please answer the questions with a rating (1-10, with 10 being the highest)... and if you'd like to add a comment, please do so! Thank you.

1. What is the quality of the food/beverages at the arena??
2. How would you rate the overall arena atmosphere on game nights??
3. How would you rate the intelligence/hospitality of the crowd??
4. How would you rate the overall hockey knowledge of the crowd??
5. How would you rate the gameday promotions??
6. How would you rate the parking/accessibility to Prudential Center??
7. How would you rate the surroundings/neighborhood of Prudential Center (bars, restaurants, close-by attractions)??

Jersey Mike
07-14-2008, 12:19 AM
1. I would say for arena food, I'll give it a 10...they have a decent selection and in the black section they have an included free buffet with an outstanding selection.
2. Again I would give it a 10.
3. I'll give it a 10...decent, courteous and helpful people that I've spoken to so far...
4. I don't feel that I can honestly answer this...I haven't "quizzed" people I've spoken to...most people that I have spoken to seem to know a bit about the team, so I'll say 7...
5. These I'm gonna say 5...average stuff, free pucks, pins posters, etc...Gold Circle members used to get a night to skate with the Devils and a luncheon with them also back when they were at the Meadowlands...don't know if this still applies...
6. There is a parking garage attached to the building, numerous pay lots in the area and about 4 blocks from the train...I would say 10 here too...
7. Newark in general is a tough city, the immediate surrounding area seems clean and safe...they have a bunch of cops working and directing traffic in the area on gamenight...I don't spend any time at local bars or eateries, so I can't answer this one honestly...what pisses me off is that you can't tailgate here at all...the one setback that you could do at the Meadowlands...however, the tradeoff is that Newark is a populated city with businesses, whereas the Meadowlands was in an area all by itself, so you actually HAD to tailgate or eat and drink inside...

Do0msday
07-14-2008, 02:11 AM
I wish I could take part in the survery but I've, sadly, yet to go to the Prudential Center for a game :(

I plan on going to a few during the season though...I've heard it's nicer than it sounded at first (especially transportation). It sucks about not being able to tailgate though..bah!

Sportscenterman
07-15-2008, 08:30 PM
1. The food quality is great. Aside from the normal stadium/arena food they have everything from sushi to pizza. They have tastes of Newark which is featured high quality restaurants from Newark. 10
2. Great welcoming atmosphere, we want our team to win.
3.The fans have class and are always very helpful, unless you are a rangers fan ..9
4. I don't know everybody's exact knowledge but i'd say 9
5.The gameday promotions are okay. They could do better 5
6.There is plenty of parking for our arena. The attached VIP garage, and tons of parking garages and parking lots. Only a couple blocks away from Newark's Penn Station. Never had trouble parking.... 10
7.Most people heard the arena is in Newark and cringe, the Devils did a great job along with the city in cleaning this area up. Plenty of cops patrol this heavy business area. Contrary to Barry Melrose's comment the area is safe. I'm planning on trying some of the restaurants next season but I didn't this year. 9

DeeMan
07-16-2008, 06:38 AM
1. 8. I normally do not eat at the games because it's way over priced but thats every arena. But the one time I did I ordered a cheeseburger and it was cold and tasted horrible.
I did however eat in black section and the food was great. This section the food is included with the ticket price. Not sure if its like this every game in the black section but they had a meat cutting station, salad bar, and a area where you walk up and order pizza, hotdogs, sandwiches, ect.
2. I would have to say that we still do not draw a big crowd. New arena helped to draw more and I believe it will get better as time goes on. I will give it a 7 due to this reason alone.
3. 10
4. 7. See Jersey Mikes response.
5. I will give this one a 7 actually because its not any better or any worse than other places I have been at.
6. 8. Train Station is a couple blocks away but if raining you will get wet lol. Happened to me already. I only take the train. The few parking lots I seen seemed expensive.
7. 9.

Jersey Mike
07-18-2008, 10:27 AM
1. 8. I normally do not eat at the games because it's way over priced but thats every arena. But the one time I did I ordered a cheeseburger and it was cold and tasted horrible.
I did however eat in black section and the food was great. This section the food is included with the ticket price. Not sure if its like this every game in the black section but they had a meat cutting station, salad bar, and a area where you walk up and order pizza, hotdogs, sandwiches, ect.
2. I would have to say that we still do not draw a big crowd. New arena helped to draw more and I believe it will get better as time goes on. I will give it a 7 due to this reason alone.
3. 10
4. 7. See Jersey Mikes response.
5. I will give this one a 7 actually because its not any better or any worse than other places I have been at.
6. 8. Train Station is a couple blocks away but if raining you will get wet lol. Happened to me already. I only take the train. The few parking lots I seen seemed expensive.
7. 9.

Bro, not only is it like that every game...it's all you can eat...the one night they had this pasta with some sort of seafood in it...it was awesome...my neighbor has season tickets to this section and he hooks me up once in awhile...best seats in the house, awesome food...takes arena food to a whole new level...

PS I love your avatar...homer and peter griffin are my heros...(shame you're a raider, devil and MET fan...gotta love the Yankees my man...the yanks and the raiders are the TWO evil empires...)

DeeMan
07-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Thanks on the avatar. Yea Homer and Peter are frigging hilarious.
No I will obviously never be a Yankee fan. Only time I root for them is when they play Phils or Braves and even then its hard to do lol.
Hey good luck with Sexon, He kills lefties .344 average. He is playing tonight. batting 5th. I think the change of scenery is going to wake him up.
But if it was George Steinbrenner you guys probably would of gotten Bonds instead lol.

Jersey Mike
07-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Thanks on the avatar. Yea Homer and Peter are frigging hilarious.
No I will obviously never be a Yankee fan. Only time I root for them is when they play Phils or Braves and even then its hard to do lol.
Hey good luck with Sexon, He kills lefties .344 average. He is playing tonight. batting 5th. I think the change of scenery is going to wake him up.
But if it was George Steinbrenner you guys probably would of gotten Bonds instead lol.

yeah, george and Al have a lot in common...george finally let go and is enjoying watching the kids run things...well, maybe not this season unless they go on a tear and boston and tampa start losing...

hughest4
07-22-2008, 11:43 AM
1. What is the quality of the food/beverages at the arena?? I thought the food was pretty damn good for an arena. I had a piece of pizza and some good cookies. I'd say 9 2. How would you rate the overall arena atmosphere on game nights?? Ehh, i love the arena before game nights. Its so fun to go down to the ice while they do their warmups and stuff like that. Another 9 from me
3. How would you rate the intelligence/hospitality of the crowd?? The crowd is pretty smart i guess?? 9
4. How would you rate the overall hockey knowledge of the crowd?? 9
5. How would you rate the gameday promotions?? I'm not sure, i don't remember any promotions during the games i went to. Based on other peoples responses i would have to say 6
6. How would you rate the parking/accessibility to Prudential Center?? I have never had a problem with parking. I usually get there at 530 for the cheap seats so me and a few of my friends pay like 20 bucks. Its not bad for 2 blocks away. 9 again7. How would you rate the surroundings/neighborhood of Prudential Center (bars, restaurants, close-by attractions)?? Well it definitelty isn't a good neighborhood but i have always been close enough to the stadium that i felt safe...7