PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE SIGN AND TRADE Andris Biedrins !!!

BayAreaBully
07-13-2008, 08:11 PM
Ok So Am New Here but am no fool.....I Think u guys fail to realize that Biedrins is a Product of the System(Nellie Ball) What Happens when this guy plays Carlos Boozer David West Tim Duncan and now LaMarcus Aldridge and Greg Oden, HE DOES NOTHING!!!!!!! All his baskets are made cause Jackson Davis and Ellis Drive and Dish to him. So Its Kinda hard to miss a open dunk or lay-up. He Cant Post cant Create cant shoot,the one thing he does ok is run the floor but so does Josh Smith and Shawn Marion. Josh Smith Punks fools in the key,he fight for rebounds HE BLOCKS SHOTS!!!!Marion Can Spread the Floor he can dribble he can create and he can shoot(which is a ugly a shot but it works) SO PLEASE TRADE HIM BEFORE HE GETS EXPOSED AND HAS NO VAULE!!!:smoking:

Conor
07-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Yes, Biedrins is somewhat a product of the system, but he's one of the few centers who can thrive in it, so why trade him? He actually has played well against guys like Tim Duncan in the past, and remember, he's only 22, so you can't expect him to have PG handles and 3 point range. He's a consistent double double guy, so I don't see the point in trading him if it leaves us without any centers.

BayAreaBully
07-13-2008, 08:25 PM
The Way the System is set up in Nellie Ball People Like Wright Randolph can thrive at Center( I know Randolph is wanted at the 3) But Tell Me U Wouldnt rather have Josh Smith Contesting Boozer Shots??? I Mean wasnt it at one point Nellie Had Dirk Playing Center???

garlicboy
07-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Ok So Am New Here but am no fool.....I Think u guys fail to realize that Biedrins is a Product of the System(Nellie Ball) What Happens when this guy plays Carlos Boozer David West Tim Duncan and now LaMarcus Aldridge and Greg Oden, HE DOES NOTHING!!!!!!! All his baskets are made cause Jackson Davis and Ellis Drive and Dish to him. So Its Kinda hard to miss a open dunk or lay-up. He Cant Post cant Create cant shoot,the one thing he does ok is run the floor but so does Josh Smith and Shawn Marion. Josh Smith Punks fools in the key,he fight for rebounds HE BLOCKS SHOTS!!!!Marion Can Spread the Floor he can dribble he can create and he can shoot(which is a ugly a shot but it works) SO PLEASE TRADE HIM BEFORE HE GETS EXPOSED AND HAS NO VAULE!!!:smoking:

This guy has no help! You mention Boozer, Aldridge and David West these guys are all PF's. He guards the Center Okur, Chandler Oberto, Duncan and does an above average job.

He can block shots, rebound.

I agree he can't shoot, not a great post up guy, and scores off the pick and roll(which is a good thing), but what do you expect from a Center??? You want him to face up and have crazy handles? Guy is good enough. We need a starting PF who averages more than the 5 boards that Al averaged.

Bosh=nextKG
07-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Biedrins does get rebounds and he does get blocks. ANd you say the perimeter players drive and then give him teh easy dunk, Thats concept of driving and dishing is not Nellieball, that concept is called basketball. Plus U think Marion can create his own shot? Why do you think he scored a ton in Phoenix but he wasn't teh same in Miami, its called a good pg, Steve Nash. Marion can only excel in a system that runs, preferably with a good pg and as of right now we don't have a real pg. J. Smith can't play center either. Biedrins plays d and rebounds and puts up 6-10 pts. We don't need him to score with all the scoring everyone else does.

giant_til_i_die
07-13-2008, 08:36 PM
He's not yet 24 years old. And that's the bottom line. For a guy his age, he is far above average in both production and potential. His frame still has ample room to fill out, and his post game will come with time. Signing and trading him in a win-now type deal would be foolish. We simply have too much young talent to try to give some away and win immediately. Build now for what will come in three to five years.

29$JerZ
07-13-2008, 08:40 PM
He is 22 years old and can average a double double. that's more than what most Centers produce in the NBa already. It's hard to find Centers, ask the Sonics

Keep him and be blessed he is so young and good for your system

BayAreaBully
07-13-2008, 08:42 PM
This guy has no help! You mention Boozer, Aldridge and David West these guys are all PF's. He guards the Center Okur, Chandler Oberto, Duncan and does an above average job.

He can block shots, rebound.

I agree he can't shoot, not a great post up guy, and scores off the pick and roll(which is a good thing), but what do you expect from a Center??? You want him to face up and have crazy handles? Guy is good enough. We need a starting PF who averages more than the 5 boards that Al averaged.

What I Expect from a A CENTER IS WHAT AMARE DWIGHT and BOSH do Day in and day out. So What Happens when Nellie Leaves the Warriors. Do You THink that Andris Will Suddenly Florish in a half court system... And If he Plays good D why Did Chandler and Okur Smash On Him???

And To say Marion suck in Miami is Weak!! DUDE NAME ONE PLAYER THAT DID WELL IN MIAMI????I Understand that Josh Smith is no Center but If You Can Move Amare and Dwight to Center why cant u move him? He Plays Better D, hes more athletic,He Blocks more nearly 3 a game compare to Andris 1 a game, and O HE CAN MAKE A FREE THROW!!!

likemystylez
07-13-2008, 08:44 PM
is there any evidence that there is anything on the table anyways? I mean are the hawks or heat even really interested in trading for beidrins?

its kinda scary to give up the only center though. It isnt really a matter of us thinking hes great or anything.... hes literally been the only center on the roster

Bosh=nextKG
07-13-2008, 08:54 PM
I never said Marion sucked, I just sayd his scoring went down, but whose gonna play center once Biedrins is gone. And you expect a center to be D. Howard, Bosh, and Amare. thats 3 great Centers int eh league. You know how many centers Biedrins is better than? ANd I'm assumin Sjax is no good cuz he's not lebron, and Monta is no good cuz he's no wade? and Maggette is no good becasue he is no Kobe. Ya he isn't a superstar or even an allstar but he's damn good. And just cuz Nellie leaves, doesn't mean Nellie ball leaves. The team is built to run. No idiot coach would make this team play halfcourt ball.

OneOpportunity
07-13-2008, 09:03 PM
What I Expect from a A CENTER IS WHAT AMARE DWIGHT and BOSH do Day in and day out. So What Happens when Nellie Leaves the Warriors. Do You THink that Andris Will Suddenly Florish in a half court system... And If he Plays good D why Did Chandler and Okur Smash On Him???

And To say Marion suck in Miami is Weak!! DUDE NAME ONE PLAYER THAT DID WELL IN MIAMI????I Understand that Josh Smith is no Center but If You Can Move Amare and Dwight to Center why cant u move him? He Plays Better D, hes more athletic,He Blocks more nearly 3 a game compare to Andris 1 a game, and O HE CAN MAKE A FREE THROW!!!

First of all, do you realize Josh Smith IS IN NO WAY the same type of forward as Boozer, Gasol, etc. He IS NOT a post up guy. He would not do well guarding those types of guys let alone centers. He is an off the ball type of player and that is where he gets his blocks. He is a good defender but not in the way you are putting him out to be. He is not a down low post up guy; not even close. No team would think to put him at center and Amare and Dwight are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT players. Andris Biedrins is the perfect guy for our system and guess what, when Nellie leaves we will be running a very similar system because the assistant coach (who is most likely going to take over) runs the same type of offense. Josh Smith would not be able to guard Chandler, Boozer, Dwight, Duncan, Amare, KG, Yao, etc one on one as you seem to believe. The only way he can guard them is when he comes to help whoever the center is and help double the guy.

BayAreaBully
07-13-2008, 09:12 PM
First of all, do you realize Josh Smith IS IN NO WAY the same type of forward as Boozer, Gasol, etc. He IS NOT a post up guy. He would not do well guarding those types of guys let alone centers. He is an off the ball type of player and that is where he gets his blocks. He is a good defender but not in the way you are putting him out to be. He is not a down low post up guy; not even close. No team would think to put him at center and Amare and Dwight are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT players. Andris Biedrins is the perfect guy for our system and guess what, when Nellie leaves we will be running a very similar system because the assistant coach (who is most likely going to take over) runs the same type of offense. Josh Smith would not be able to guard Chandler, Boozer, Dwight, Duncan, Amare, KG, Yao, etc one on one as you seem to believe. The only way he can guard them is when he comes to help whoever the center is and help double the guy.

And with that said U Think Andris Can do a better Job at Gaurding them???? Josh Smiths D Would be perfect for us because are D Depends on guys helping each other, and Andris cant even do that!!! Games he should of domnaited in Like the Nets or the Bobcats he didnt even Show up and they have NO FRONTCOURT HELP!!!

Tmac416
07-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Josh smith does nothing but come voer and get hisd block he is not a true pf not mention he is a head case. Quit tring act tough with caps. Andris improbves ever year and is not jsut a product of teh system. YOu clearly base your opion off of big name becuase gred oden hasnt even played in the nba yet and alrdige is not a star yet either. And biedrins has alwyas held his own. LOL its funny ou said earlier you want a center like howard. yea so does everyone else. you work with you got. lol the fatc that you even are trying to rationlize palying smith at center is crazy. how is anyone hear supposed to take yopu seriously you when you cant even see what biedrins really does. Lets this new kid rant and rave cuz we all know that he biedrins aint going no where.

Saltinuts40
07-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Please stop this post.

Andris Biedrins and Monta Ellis will retire Warriors.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-13-2008, 10:31 PM
im not even going to put up an argument. Theres a reason why other teams covet Biedrins when talking to the warriors about trades... All the rumors have been pointed towards having Biedrins in a deal...

close this thread..

tadmanny
07-13-2008, 11:15 PM

I agree with you 100%. The thing is we havent been good enough to win it and have had a real talented team the last few years. When it comes down to it, the main weakness on the floor are Biedrins and SJax shot selection. We need a big guy to handle guys like Boozer and Amare. SJax doesnt have much trade value because he is too emotional and that gets him into trouble. That leaves Al harrintong, but he cant get us a good big man back, just by himself. Next on the list is Biedrins. Ya, hes good, and he is def a system guy. Trading him would be very smart at this time because he's young and we could get a lot back for him. I want Okafor badly on our team. If we sign and trade with the cats, this would def be to our advantage. Okafor is a huge guy who defends and rebounds well. Biedrins would then thrive in the east against the smaller PFs and Cs. We need a BIG guy. Our lineup would be nice like this.....

PG-Monta
SG-Jax
SF-Maggette
PF-The combo of Wright and Randolph
C-Okafor

Our team is better like this. Someone else said that most of the Centers in the west r garbage like oberto and Okur...basically pull the same thing that Nelly did with yao last year and let the smaller guy guard him. With long and lanky wright and randolph, they would be able to guard the centers while okafor battles the big 4s. This would be so good for our team, no one understands. Ive heard from some inside sources that Boguts deal has biedrins wanting a lot of money. Okafor would be the cheaper between the two now. Think about it, if biedrins is so good, how do we not take it to the next level. He doesnt play well against loaded teams. People like KG and Duncan just bash him. That wont happen to a big guy like Okafor.

Lincoln Logs
07-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Biedrins has the highest FG % in the league, averages 9.8 rebounds, plays solid defense even against the big guys, has room to grow, is our only center, is one of the few centers able to play our system, and is still young! Why the hell would we trade him???

I understand his free throws need work, but he's been working hard on it and has seen an obvious improvement from two years ago. It will probably improve some more this year. Yes, he does get pushed around abit by Duncan, Amare, and Dwight, but those are 3 of the best C/PF in the game. He can still gain weight, and better defense and at least a small post game will eventually come to him as he gains more experience and matures.

Nellie ball is here to stay in GS, were not changing once Keith Smart takes over, so he is perfect for us.

tadmanny
07-13-2008, 11:19 PM
Okafor is athletic enough to make the Nellie ball system work for him. It cant get worse than CWebb last year (shape wise) and Okafor is already strides ahead of that. Put some work in and you have a very gifted center.

Lincoln Logs
07-13-2008, 11:24 PM
I agree with you 100%. The thing is we havent been good enough to win it and have had a real talented team the last few years. When it comes down to it, the main weakness on the floor is Biedrins and SJax shot selection. We need a big guy to handle guys like Boozer and Amare. SJax doesnt have much trade value because he is too emotional and that gets him into trouble. That leaves Al harrintong, but he cant get us a good big man back, just by himself. Next on the list is Biedrins. Ya, hes good, and he is def a system guy. Trading him would be very smart at this time because he's young and we could get a lot back for him. I want Okafor badly on our team. If we sign and trade with the cats, this would def be to our advantage. Okafor is a huge guy who defends and rebounds well. Biedrins would then thrive in the east against the smaller PFs and Cs. We need a BIG guy. Our lineup would be nice like this.....

PG-Monta
SG-Jax
SF-Maggette
C-Okafor

Our team is better like this. Someone else said that most of the Centers in the west r garbage like oberto and Okur...basically pull the same thing that Nelly did with yao last year and let the smaller guy guard him. With long and lanky wright and randolph, they would be able to guard the centers while okafor battles the big 4s. This would be so good for our team, no one understands. Ive heard from some inside sources that Boguts deal has biedrins wanting a lot of money. Okafor would be the cheaper between the two now. Think about it, if biedrins is so good, how do we not take it to the next level. He doesnt play well against loaded teams.

The reason were trying to sign Turiaf, and drafted Hendrix is so they can go bang around with the Boozers and Amares. If Biedrins is getting pushed around too much, bam hopefully(wait till friday) put Turiaf in whose known for his defense of big men. Biedrins can run, unlike Okafur, is 4 years younger, and is built to play better in our sytem than okafur, which wouldn't change even if we got him. I can see teh appeal in Okafor, but you also have to add in the money. Because of Biedrins Bird Rights, we can sign him without worrying about the salary cap this year, while with Okafor we would. And if Biedrins wants more money because of bogut, why the hell wouldnt Okafor. He turned down 13 mill from the Cats last year.

tadmanny
07-13-2008, 11:27 PM
Biedrins is asking for 16+. Thats so gross.

Kdirt
07-14-2008, 12:13 AM
I agree with you 100%. Next on the list is Biedrins. Ya, hes good, and he is def a system guy. Trading him would be very smart at this time because he's young and we could get a lot back for him. I want Okafor badly on our team. If we sign and trade with the cats, this would def be to our advantage.

If Okafor is so much better than Biedrins than why would the Bobcats want to sign and trade for him? Okafor has never been able to stay fully healthy and Biedrins has. Biedrins is so productive for his age, not many centers average double doubles, and he isnt even a banger doing these things for us. Imagine if he put on weight. Hes the perfect center for our system unless you can get Amare or Dwight. To me hes untouchable unless you can get another serviceable center.

djeller1139
07-14-2008, 01:31 AM
I agree with you 100%. The thing is we havent been good enough to win it and have had a real talented team the last few years. When it comes down to it, the main weakness on the floor are Biedrins and SJax shot selection. We need a big guy to handle guys like Boozer and Amare. SJax doesnt have much trade value because he is too emotional and that gets him into trouble. That leaves Al harrintong, but he cant get us a good big man back, just by himself. Next on the list is Biedrins. Ya, hes good, and he is def a system guy. Trading him would be very smart at this time because he's young and we could get a lot back for him. I want Okafor badly on our team. If we sign and trade with the cats, this would def be to our advantage. Okafor is a huge guy who defends and rebounds well. Biedrins would then thrive in the east against the smaller PFs and Cs. We need a BIG guy. Our lineup would be nice like this.....

PG-Monta
SG-Jax
SF-Maggette
C-Okafor

Our team is better like this. Someone else said that most of the Centers in the west r garbage like oberto and Okur...basically pull the same thing that Nelly did with yao last year and let the smaller guy guard him. With long and lanky wright and randolph, they would be able to guard the centers while okafor battles the big 4s. This would be so good for our team, no one understands. Ive heard from some inside sources that Boguts deal has biedrins wanting a lot of money. Okafor would be the cheaper between the two now. Think about it, if biedrins is so good, how do we not take it to the next level. He doesnt play well against loaded teams. People like KG and Duncan just bash him. That wont happen to a big guy like Okafor.

You do know that Okafor is smaller than Biedrins, meaning if we started Okafor at Center that would put us in an even worse position than we are now. I agree, i want Okafor on our team desperately, but as our starting PF, and not in a trade for our only center, and the best option we have at center for right now. I'd rather us just dump Harrington's contract, either for a PG or for future picks. Then spend the saved money on Okafor.

tallboy12321
07-14-2008, 02:41 AM

Man Biedrins in Legit. Yes he can post, hes a very high percentage player in the post in a 1on 1, just he doesn't get many looks from there cuz Baron was always jacking up shots, the Warriors rarely slowed down to show that part of him game, and when they did, he played well. He can also drive very well for a big man, but he is young, and didn't get a lot of 1 on 1's because of the system. If fact I think Biedrins could play just as well or better in a half court system. It doesn't take a run and gun team for tip in opportunites, and you never saw him being the guy finishing on the break. He is big, plays very good D (and i know he got punked by Okur and Chandler but a lot of guys do, and it doesn't happen very often against Biedrins) and while he is still young he has greatly improved every season he has been playing.

Josh Smith isn't a center. He's smaller than Al Harrington, most of his blocks are weak side cuz he has mad hops, not cuz hes a great defender. He is known as a great defender because 1 on 1 he can defend guys who play his positions (PF and SF). Biedrins isn't going to cost more than 9 million a year, and thats less than a lot of centers that are worst than him.

Tmac416
07-14-2008, 03:11 AM
haha your the only one makin yourself look dumb here fool. i aint even tripin about your coments, having some clown try to call me out over the net when he dont even know me doesnt phase although i did get a good laugh out of it. look like it or not this is a spot where we talk absketball. you dont go arounda ttackin everybody. why dont you try to throw your opinion out there in a way people can respect and actualy take in instead of trying to be the bad ***.

garlicboy
07-14-2008, 03:30 AM

I haven't heard this, where's your link???

Tmac416
07-14-2008, 03:45 AM

hmm, where did you hear that from, jsut curious cuz i havtn heard that number once. i know there was a rumor he want like 6 year 65 mil. most numbers i have heard say he wants 10 mill a season. 16 mil is defintly gross though

garlicboy
07-14-2008, 04:34 AM
Yeah,
Guys are asking for Josh Smith, but he's asking for max money. It's ridiculous.

We may possibly have a better version of Josh Smith in Anthony Randolph.

TrueFan420
07-14-2008, 05:42 AM
While smith is young and could be great with us so could randolph if he can put a little wieght on he could be a difference maker for us and is looking more and more like a star player and they were not joking when they said that kid has upside

PolloLoco
07-14-2008, 10:14 AM
This thread is so painfully wrong, I figured it must be a troll thread.

First of all, as many pointed out - Josh Smith is not a post up player. I'm not going to beat a dead horse here. He wouldn't be an improvement over Biedrins in the post AT ALL.

Also - I definitely believe Biedrins has crazy potential. At the age of 22, and less than 30 minutes a game, he's averaging a double double and leads the league in field goal percentage. He blocks shots and is the best rebounder on our team. And yes, it may have been a fluke - but I remember him outperforming Tim Duncan in one game early last season. Since he's worked to stay out of foul trouble, I've seen him improve by leaps and bounds. I expect him to continue to do so, and potentially get to all star level.

In short, we'd be daft to trade him.

Thatruth32
07-14-2008, 11:11 AM
The Way the System is set up in Nellie Ball People Like Wright Randolph can thrive at Center( I know Randolph is wanted at the 3) But Tell Me U Wouldnt rather have Josh Smith Contesting Boozer Shots??? I Mean wasnt it at one point Nellie Had Dirk Playing Center???

wow wright and randoplh at center...

Thatruth32
07-14-2008, 11:13 AM

havent heard that one i did here he was asking around 10 mil a year...

smearthebeard
07-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Marion is one th emost overrated players in the league. His shot is definitly the ugliest and hell he is pretty ugly too. Why does veryone want a SF who has abad shot or an undersized power forward. Perosnally Artest is a better player, better defender with a better shot.

BigWheel
07-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Shawn Marion is a Team CANCER and an over rated All Star. Not to mention Way overpaid at $17 mil a year.

Signing a guy like Turiaf makes alot more sense. He is bigger, plays decent defense on quality big men, and is an affordable player.

Why do all you fools forget we also picked up a good second round draftee in Richard Hendrix who just might surprise us by middle of the season with his production

I like our team now - just get a decent PG and lets see what happens.

Magette is also a huge upgrade over any wing player we have had in the Last 8 years... JRich included.

Saltinuts40
07-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Andris Biedrins and Monta Ellis are worth whatever they end up getting.

Josh Smith and Shawn Marion are perfect PF's in our system because they are natural SF's with length and block shot ability who can defend 4's.

Emeka Okafor can play the 4 and would if we brought him in, a la Elton Brand, had he signed here.

Anthony Randolph could be Josh Smith, and we should hope that is the type of player he turns out to be.

We are not done making moves. Nelson, Mullin and Maggette have all said so, saying Turiaf is just another step. They have to wait the 7 days though.

Turiaf and Hendrix will give Biedrins the help inside along with Brandan Wright, so he can flourish.

Harrington will be moved, most likely for a PG.

tadmanny
07-14-2008, 01:08 PM
I heard that Andris wanted betweeen 13.5-16 a year from stephen a. smtih when the bogut deal was announced. He said biedrins thinks that he is a top player when he compares himself to bogut. Thats why im all for passing on the guy. That is TOO much for him, you cant argue that.

TrueFan420
07-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Do you have a link??????????

tadmanny
07-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Read my post, I heard it on ESPN from Stephen A. Smith after boguts deal was announced. I ll try to find something...

Tmac416
07-14-2008, 03:55 PM
I heard that Andris wanted betweeen 13.5-16 a year from stephen a. smtih when the bogut deal was announced. He said biedrins thinks that he is a top player when he compares himself to bogut. Thats why im all for passing on the guy. That is TOO much for him, you cant argue that.

yea absolutly agree. the bogut deal is going to hurt us in neogtations. not that i dont think you heard that but every where i go or read anything, every number is in the 10 mil. eityher way though he will be back for this year atleast. now next year if he still wants a jackedup amount sign and trade him out of here but unless a deal comes along that we cant poass on for him, he sint going anywhere this year. and trading him for marion isnt worth it.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-15-2008, 04:46 PM
You New & A Fool Biedrins Is Not A System Player Plus Why Trade Our Best Rebounder Your Making Kind Of Sense & Further More Held Own Against Players Such As Duncan,west,shaq,and Boozer Get Your Facts Straight You Clown. By That Coment Im Guessing That Your A Product Of Inbreeding!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scatterman
07-15-2008, 05:12 PM

i thought it was just me who thought this abour beans he's soft

oracle650
07-15-2008, 05:17 PM
biedrins is getting better while the guys you yap about are getting worse. I respect y'all hoop IQ way more when your quiet sometimes around here.