PDA

View Full Version : its all about the kaveman

don'tfireNedCo
07-13-2008, 03:54 PM
I keep reading threads and posts about how much we need to go get a PF to REPLACE EB. as much as it joys me to see so much traffic in here*, it is annoying the hell out of me. we have an allstar caliber post player in kaman! he had monster games last season and at times dominated other elite centers such as yao ming ( remember how he told ralph he was gonna make a spin move and dunk on yao, and goes out and first play he dunked on him?) I feel with the arrival of a true / first star point guard like baron will only benefit kaman. thornton and gordon both can shoot as well as cut in. yes we WANT a great PF, but a good defensive player with rebounding in his mind can and will give us a chance to compete. eric gordon reminds me of mitch richmond, and thornton is a 6-8 freak of an athlete who can shoot like chuck person. 39 on VJ? as a rook?

I say let kaveman play and do his thing in the middle. he can be a 20-10-3 guy this season. he may make us forget all about eb by allstar break

*(since the old timers in here remember until my head on clash with cronz, kylem and cracka along with me and arlubas were it. really. that was it. the whole forum.)

arlubas
07-13-2008, 04:46 PM
I've been thinking about this one quite a lot and the fact that not having Brand freed up Kaman who had the best games of his career last season. That's why I ain't too worried about the post presense and scoring of our team for next season. However we need a solid PF who will help him with rebounding and defense plus be a guy you won't be able to leave wide open on offense (which won't enable doubles on Kaman as a direct result).

J-Smoove is the more flashy choice here but somehow I believe Okafor would be the better fit for this team in order for them to mesh together better.

Cracka2HI!
07-13-2008, 05:46 PM
I agree this could help Kaman. Kaman's presence also allows us to go after more of a perimeter player for PF. Like Smith. I think we could even use Thornton as PF and sign a SF.

One good thing about Brand is it sure did increase activity around here. Even brought some of best poster back!

don'tfireNedCo
07-13-2008, 05:59 PM
I agree this could help Kaman. Kaman's presence also allows us to go after more of a perimeter player for PF. Like Smith. I think we could even use Thornton as PF and sign a SF.

One good thing about Brand is it sure did increase activity around here. Even brought some of best poster back!

Al's body type does remind me of AC Green. Al is much, much better athlete and a scorer, but defensive rebounding wise, I can see thornton being a 10 rebound a night guy if he had to.

kylem4711
07-13-2008, 06:12 PM
I've been thinking about this one quite a lot and the fact that not having Brand freed up Kaman who had the best games of his career last season. That's why I ain't too worried about the post presense and scoring of our team for next season. However we need a solid PF who will help him with rebounding and defense plus be a guy you won't be able to leave wide open on offense (which won't enable doubles on Kaman as a direct result).

J-Smoove is the more flashy choice here but somehow I believe Okafor would be the better fit for this team in order for them to mesh together better.

you have brought up some really good points.

kaman did play better because the middle was so open for him to operate, but i was excited to see what he would have done without brand.

i am extremely excited to see how kaman will play this season. i am conflicted between who i think would be a better fit with us between josh smith and emeka. Emeka is pretty much brand so it would prbably be a smooth transition being that emeka is a slower player that fits into dunleavy's system.

josh smith on the other hand brings much more athleticism and if we added him, we would HAVE to become a more uptempo team . So i dont know how kaman would be able to do. he is a pretty athletic big guy, but i dont know how he would hold up.

i am really hoping that gordon is the same player and can stroke it from the 3 point so that the threat of gordon will enable both kaman and the pf to have more room to bang.

kylem4711
07-13-2008, 06:13 PM
I keep reading threads and posts about how much we need to go get a PF to REPLACE EB. as much as it joys me to see so much traffic in here*, it is annoying the hell out of me. we have an allstar caliber post player in kaman! he had monster games last season and at times dominated other elite centers such as yao ming ( remember how he told ralph he was gonna make a spin move and dunk on yao, and goes out and first play he dunked on him?) I feel with the arrival of a true / first star point guard like baron will only benefit kaman. thornton and gordon both can shoot as well as cut in. yes we WANT a great PF, but a good defensive player with rebounding in his mind can and will give us a chance to compete. eric gordon reminds me of mitch richmond, and thornton is a 6-8 freak of an athlete who can shoot like chuck person. 39 on VJ? as a rook?

I say let kaveman play and do his thing in the middle. he can be a 20-10-3 guy this season. he may make us forget all about eb by allstar break

*(since the old timers in here remember until my head on clash with cronz, kylem and cracka along with me and arlubas were it. really. that was it. the whole forum.)

there really was only about 3 or 4 people. you forgot krazy too. he has been here for a while now.

don'tfireNedCo
07-13-2008, 06:19 PM
there really was only about 3 or 4 people. you forgot krazy too. he has been here for a while now.

well, I do remember him towards the end, but I guess that just means I've been gone for that much longer... wow. anywho...

what about clypsedia? and where is perfect kneel for that matter? the 'mystical being' wasn't he? :D

krazyclipperfan
07-13-2008, 06:50 PM
I think dunleavy will play a more uptempo game this year. He did make a comment that Kaman is the fastest Center in the NBA and if you look at all the players that we drafted this year all can play uptempo basketball. Kaman will more likely play better because Brand left and he will continue where he lefted off. We do have a lot of scorer in are starting rotation, are next PF should be someone who can rebound offensively and Block a ton of shots we don't really need a scoring power forward. So with all this in mind Smith will be our best bet at PF. Thornton shouldnt play PF, he can but he would be better for us at SF.

Cracka2HI!
07-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Al's body type does remind me of AC Green. Al is much, much better athlete and a scorer, but defensive rebounding wise, I can see thornton being a 10 rebound a night guy if he had to.

Thornton also played PF in college and most of last year. If he can become our full time PF we can after someone like Deng or Igudala. Deng is an interesting option we haven't talked about much.

you have brought up some really good points.

kaman did play better because the middle was so open for him to operate, but i was excited to see what he would have done without brand.

i am extremely excited to see how kaman will play this season. i am conflicted between who i think would be a better fit with us between josh smith and emeka. Emeka is pretty much brand so it would prbably be a smooth transition being that emeka is a slower player that fits into dunleavy's system.

josh smith on the other hand brings much more athleticism and if we added him, we would HAVE to become a more uptempo team . So i dont know how kaman would be able to do. he is a pretty athletic big guy, but i dont know how he would hold up.

i am really hoping that gordon is the same player and can stroke it from the 3 point so that the threat of gordon will enable both kaman and the pf to have more room to bang.

I pretty much agree with everything in this post. Kaman was probably better because Brand was out last year. I think he could be a 20/10/3 guy like NedCo suggests. He will get even more touches now with Maggette gone too. I also think it is more likly the team will go after Okafur than Smith because of the reasons you mention. I think that would be a dumb move. Smoove is better than Okafur at the things Okafur does well.

well, I do remember him towards the end, but I guess that just means I've been gone for that much longer... wow. anywho...

what about clypsedia? and where is perfect kneel for that matter? the 'mystical being' wasn't he? :D

clipsedya had been more active than ever but hasn't shown up since before all this BS with Brand went down. Perfect KNL made a rare celebrity type appearence once latly but also hasn't voiced his opinion since Brand. That guy is such a diehard he has to be hating it right now. We had a guy named Tazer who was very active for awhile but completly disappeared. For better or worse Big T has been a consistant poster until latly.

clipsedya
07-13-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm still here, I read daily, but haven't been able to post because I have been pretty frustrated about where we are. We had a chance to be so good!!!

I like this thread though because we ARE still a promising team! It's a good reminder. I hope Kaman does well for Germany this summer and comes back thinking he is the biggest badazz in the world! I wouldn't even be too mad if they give the USA team a hard time, if that's what it takes to boost Kaman's confidence it would be worth it to me.

I could even see Josh Powell starting at PF. If we gave him the spot, I think he could really become a solid player. He showed some really good things last year.

I would be stoked if we could get Josh Smith though, because I think we need to snatch up another big name to be considered a promising team. It was obvious that we wanted to make the EB deal work, but we messed it up somehow. And we need to save face by making another big move. We would be the most athletic front court with Kaman, Thornton and Smith. We would be a running team without a true PF, but I think it would be good!

don'tfireNedCo
07-13-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm still here, I read daily, but haven't been able to post because I have been pretty frustrated about where we are. We had a chance to be so good!!!

I like this thread though because we ARE still a promising team! It's a good reminder. I hope Kaman does well for Germany this summer and comes back thinking he is the biggest badazz in the world! I wouldn't even be too mad if they give the USA team a hard time, if that's what it takes to boost Kaman's confidence it would be worth it to me.

I could even see Josh Powell starting at PF. If we gave him the spot, I think he could really become a solid player. He showed some really good things last year.

I would be stoked if we could get Josh Smith though, because I think we need to snatch up another big name to be considered a promising team. It was obvious that we wanted to make the EB deal work, but we messed it up somehow. And we need to save face by making another big move. We would be the most athletic front court with Kaman, Thornton and Smith. We would be a running team without a true PF, but I think it would be good!

if we don't get anybody( that is any good ) this year that's okay, guys.

1) kaman and davis need a year to be true teammates on the court anyway.

2) thornton and gordon will have more playing times and that will only speed up their developments.

3) 2010 is the year to SPEND YOUR $$$$$$!
imagine if brooklyn Nets signing Lebron prompts DWade to seek hollywood! just saying what if, but imagine a lineup of

Davis
Wade
Thornton
De'Andre Jordan if not Okefer/Smith
Kaman

with

eric gordon coming off the bench as the sixth man like vinny the micvrowave johnson!

and good to see you again there buddy.

and my personal #1 reason.... the next year's lottery pick! there must be a top five pick PF in next year's draft we can sign for less $ and longer restricted contract years!!! sign young dudes together while BDiddy is any good so that these kids can take the clips to the next level before restrictions expire, thus more chance of them coming back!!!

Cracka2HI!
07-13-2008, 08:21 PM
The last 2 are great posts! First of all clipsedya glad you came back when called upon and I don't blame you for not wanting to post right now.

As for what NedCo said, btw you should PM your real name again if you don't like being called NedCo anymore(he has done a ****ty job). I agree that rebuilding might be good. If we get another top 7 pick next year and don't add any major salary we should be in great shape for 2010 Free Agency. However I don't just want to give up the next 2 seasons, and I would never expect season ticket holders to do so.

kylem4711
07-13-2008, 09:00 PM
clipsedya had been more active than ever but hasn't shown up since before all this BS with Brand went down. Perfect KNL made a rare celebrity type appearence once latly but also hasn't voiced his opinion since Brand. That guy is such a diehard he has to be hating it right now. We had a guy named Tazer who was very active for awhile but completly disappeared. For better or worse Big T has been a consistant poster until latly.

yeah, and now we have that stupid nygiant guy.... ha
pretty sure he is a laker fan that is bored so he created a new user name.

all he does is come in here and make fun of stuff

krazyclipperfan
07-13-2008, 09:40 PM
I do like the idea about keep the Cap and just playing with what we have. We do have Davis and a good core of young players that can score and play defense. I even like the idea about playing Jordan even Dunleavy feels he can contribute now.

don'tfireNedCo
07-13-2008, 09:57 PM
kaman-jordan is the newest twin tower! he is a legitimate 7 foot 260 solid!

kaman at 7-0
jordan at 7-0
thornton at 6-8

with tim thomas at 6-10 will be as tall as anyone in the league and can create matchup issues, which dunleavy likes so much of, that will easily overcome our lack of size at 2 guard with gordon and cat.

arlubas
07-14-2008, 03:28 AM
The problem with Jordan is that he doesn't know enough basketball to be anything right now. The only thing he has is raw athleticism but the guy has as low of a basketball IQ as there is out there. He managed to drop into a 2nd round pick with his frashman year in college when he was considered a top pick coming out of HS. That says something by itself but I watched him myself in Texas A&M and he was just stadning there looking lost on the court. He needs to work big time on his game if he wants to make an impact.

Cracka2HI!
07-14-2008, 03:35 AM
I don't see Jordan as a starer. I see him as a backup Center who will get a ton of alley-oops and become a huge fan favorite!

andrewexd
07-14-2008, 11:10 AM
You could argue that Kaman stepped up in Brands absence. You could also argue that he was forced to becuase brands absence. Either way, you can't argue brand + kaman is better than kaman + whoever ends up at the 4. We can't sit on our money. 12 million won't ever land a superstar like d wade in 2010. By 2010 our cap will dwindle to less than 8 million. Which will land a maggette at best. So I would push for josh smith right now. Emeka Okafor is interesting but he can't play power forward. He's strictly a center.

arlubas
07-14-2008, 11:15 AM
You could argue that Kaman stepped up in Brands absence. You could also argue that he was forced to becuase brands absence. Either way, you can't argue brand + kaman is better than kaman + whoever ends up at the 4. We can't sit on our money. 12 million won't ever land a superstar like d wade in 2010. By 2010 our cap will dwindle to less than 8 million. Which will land a maggette at best. So I would push for josh smith right now. Emeka Okafor is interesting but he can't play power forward. He's strictly a center.

He's a center trapped in a PF's body meaning he lacks the athletic ability to play above his height and at a relatively unathletic 6'10" he ain't really fit for the center spot imo. Then again he ain't really skilled for the PF spot either so yeah...

andrewexd
07-14-2008, 11:19 AM
Yeah if he was 7'0 we wouldn't even consider him right now becuase he plays like a center but for some reason people think he can play pf just because he's short. Kinda like ben wallace I suppose.

Cracka2HI!
07-14-2008, 04:26 PM
^ Welcome to the forums! I agree Smith is the guy to go after. I think he is a better PF than Okafur despite being more a natural SF. Smith has been playing PF for a couple years and so has Thornton really. We would be fine at Forward if we could pair Smith and Thornton. I won't be upset with Okafur. I just don't see him as being that good of a player.

don'tfireNedCo
07-15-2008, 12:00 AM
Yeah if he was 7'0 we wouldn't even consider him right now becuase he plays like a center but for some reason people think he can play pf just because he's short. Kinda like ben wallace I suppose.

BTW, shouldn't your name read "andruwexd"?

Chronz
07-15-2008, 02:13 AM
Emeka is a Center at heart but hes a PF. Hes too short to be a center and even though hes not a superior athlete at the 4 I dare anyone to say Emeka is a defensive liability because of it. Sure hes not very skilled but he can give you a double-double every night, and last I checked teams that have 2 of those players tend to have a high rate of success.

Emeka is the answer, the backcourt is another mess in itself.

Chronz
07-15-2008, 02:15 AM

He played center because the Bobcats lacked quality bigmen, and they liked playing small with Gerald Wallace at the 4, but they always start him at the 4 alongside Nazr last I checked.

arlubas
07-15-2008, 02:59 AM
Emeka is a Center at heart but hes a PF. Hes too short to be a center and even though hes not a superior athlete at the 4 I dare anyone to say Emeka is a defensive liability because of it. Sure hes not very skilled but he can give you a double-double every night, and last I checked teams that have 2 of those players tend to have a high rate of success.

Emeka is the answer, the backcourt is another mess in itself.

There ain't a doubt Emeka ain't a defensive liability but he ain't a 20/10 guy either. Still his rebounding and shot blocking is undeniable.

Cracka2HI!
07-15-2008, 03:40 AM
Josh Smith will give you better rebounding and much better shot blocking tho.

andrewexd
07-15-2008, 11:46 AM
BTW, shouldn't your name read "andruwexd"?

What's that ? My name is andrew + exd. What's exd? I don't know that's been my id since the 5th grade.

As for okafor, yeah he played the 4 with charlotte but he wasn't very good. His offense is so limited he has to be like 5 inches from the basket. Which means no one will double team him and won't spread the floor like j smith or brand would. I also think smith would cost less.

I also hear knicks are willing to throw in david lee with zbo if we actually send them some talent. I like david lee so we should dump zbo on the bench and just start lee. Okay, that's an expensive paper weight so umm idk. Gallinari is supposedly taking lees job so maybe we can get lee without zbo.

don'tfireNedCo
07-15-2008, 01:52 PM
What's that ? My name is andrew + exd. What's exd? I don't know that's been my id since the 5th grade.

As for okafor, yeah he played the 4 with charlotte but he wasn't very good. His offense is so limited he has to be like 5 inches from the basket. Which means no one will double team him and won't spread the floor like j smith or brand would. I also think smith would cost less.

I also hear knicks are willing to throw in david lee with zbo if we actually send them some talent. I like david lee so we should dump zbo on the bench and just start lee. Okay, that's an expensive paper weight so umm idk. Gallinari is supposedly taking lees job so maybe we can get lee without zbo.

I thought since you are a newbie that the name had to do with a current event.

Andruw Jones soon to be an Ex Dodger

krazyclipperfan
07-15-2008, 05:50 PM
i think we should do everything in our power to get Smith, i really dont want Okafor becuase we wont be a running team with him. i think we have the players at ever other postion to play that style and if we get Smith we can run and plaay defense at ever postion.