PDA

View Full Version : Rally for Favre

4favre4
07-13-2008, 03:38 PM
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- About 200 people rallied outside Lambeau Field on Sunday to pressure the Packers into reinstating Brett Favre as the team's starting quarterback.

The crowd -- many wearing No. 4 jerseys -- chanted, "We want Brett" and carried signs reading, "Favre for President."

Adam and Erick Rolfson organized the rally. They plan to hold another Monday night in the Milwaukee area and then every Sunday until the team reinstates Favre.

They have started a Web site, www.bringbackbrettfavre.com, where fans can vote on what the Packers should do.

General Manager Ted Thompson says Favre can rejoin the team from retirement but would have to be a backup. Favre wants an unconditional release from his contract, something Thompson says he won't allow.

I think more things will happen from now until next sunday so you guys that live in Greenbay go down there everyday to protest

socalpkrbkr
07-13-2008, 04:04 PM
General Manager Ted Thompson says Favre can rejoin the team from retirement but would have to be a backup.

"It's not accurate," Thompson said of the AP report that Favre would come back as a backup. "We don't know what role that would be. He can come back as an active member of the Green Bay Packers."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3484473

ryanph30
07-13-2008, 04:22 PM
I say just bring him back and have him and Rodgers compete for the job, to prove who is better. They obviously both want to start, so whoever can show they are the best QB takes the starting job.

twelvePack
07-13-2008, 07:38 PM
I hope the rally gets to about 2,000 strong. Seriously, has anyone ever heard of such a thing. The fans rallying around the stadium for a guy. Come on TT, quit ****ing around, and make the right decision already.

4favre4
07-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Go to Lambeau on Monday-sun to protest for Favre. I don't live in Greenbay so I can't but you guys who do should. Tell your friends and family to go everyday if you want Favre back.
If you were Packer fans you would do it.

beast
07-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Go to Lambeau on Monday-sun to protest for Favre. I don't live in Greenbay so I can't but you guys who do should. Tell your friends and family to go everyday if you want Favre back.
If you were Packer fans you would do it.

No I wouldn't. One I can't. Two the balls in Favre's count. He has to un-retired before anything can happen.

I would rather go there and chant Go Pack Go.

4favre4
07-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Yeah I didn't ask if you could im talking to people that are packers fans

4favre4
07-13-2008, 08:35 PM
The ball is in Favre's court to come be a backup !!!!
or be Traded so why don't you cheer for the guy who put the pack back on the map

beast
07-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Yeah I didn't ask if you could im talking to people that are packers fans

I'm a Packers fan. So you were talking to me.

The ball is in Favre's court to come be a backup !!!!
or be Traded so why don't you cheer for the guy who put the pack back on the map

No the ball is in Favre count to be a Packer, or retire. His choice.

4favre4
07-13-2008, 09:09 PM
umm thats not what TT says and last time I checked that was his boss

hughest4
07-13-2008, 09:28 PM
"It's not accurate," Thompson said of the AP report that Favre would come back as a backup. "We don't know what role that would be. He can come back as an active member of the Green Bay Packers."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3484473

Very interesting, and i'm glad you pointed this out. This quote there kind of shows that he is already considering bringing him back as the starter, or atleast with the chance to compete. It's a messed up thing to do to Rodgers but i want to see wins. I think Rodgers can win games, but i just think Brett will win a few more.

I hope the rally gets to about 2,000 strong. Seriously, has anyone ever heard of such a thing. The fans rallying around the stadium for a guy. Come on TT, quit ****ing around, and make the right decision already.

Yeah, i hope it grows as well. I figured there is more then 200 Brett Favre fans in Green Bay

the real dose
07-13-2008, 11:01 PM
Favre Needs To Come To The Bears!!!

packerfan4life
07-13-2008, 11:06 PM
Favre Needs To Come To The Bears!!!

All the Bears fans I know all said "Favre is old, needs to retire" but now you want him on your team? Even if he did go to the Bears (which he won't) they would make him bad just like all the other quarterbacks that went to Chicago. It's one of their special gifts.

the real dose
07-13-2008, 11:16 PM
Favre to Hester would be sick and would make him stay for 3 more years and then retire as a CHICAGO BEAR goin out in style!!!

DA BEARS!!!!!!!!!

PackAttack09
07-13-2008, 11:17 PM
that whole rally thing was ******** nobody ever said he couldn't be reinstated. and he needs to earn the starting spot back, because he missed minicamps. does anyone disagree with that? i hope not or they are stupid... in other words what did ted do wrong? he didn't push brett away, he actually wanted him to come back, brett just left the packers out to dry and tried to come back after minicamp, thats what was wrong.

XJW18
07-13-2008, 11:20 PM
pretty cool site.

GoPackGo728
07-14-2008, 12:19 AM
I say just bring him back and have him and Rodgers compete for the job, to prove who is better. They obviously both want to start, so whoever can show they are the best QB takes the starting job.

That would take a few hours to decide. :rolleyes:

Brunner
07-14-2008, 02:28 AM
I love how some people have already bailed on Favre and would rather support TT and the higher ups than the person who is pretty much solely responsible for the Packers success over the past 20 years. Is it LOGICAL to support Favre? That is debatable, but the fact of the matter is that he IS the Packers, and I will want him back as long as he can play and wants to play. So he changed his mind! People retire from their jobs and come back ALL THE TIME. Just because it is football it should be different? I think Rodgers will be good, and I like the guy, but if I have to pick him or #4 I am going to support Favre 100%. That being said, I don't think there is a good chance that he comes back here. The lack of support he has got has been getting is sickening in my mind. Do all of you remember what he has done for this team, this sport, and this state? I think what he has done for us warrants us giving him the ability to change his mind.

ryanph30
07-14-2008, 02:33 AM
That would take a few hours to decide. :rolleyes:

And, your point? :rolleyes:

StickyGreenFan
07-14-2008, 04:20 AM
yea this is a great way to encourage your new qb... im a big packers fan, but why is it that everyone in gb wants favre to come back as a starter when the facts remain what they are... favre retired, rodgers got the job hes waited patiently 4 years for, the team is thinking of the future, now everyone wants to side with brett and rally for him cuz he cant make up his mind.... it doesnt make sense to me. and at first i thought the media was being hard on brett calling him selfish, but this is kinda selfish. if hes a real team player he'll take the back up role, and if people are true fans of the TEAM, they would support the new guy instead of pulling this bs....

TheBatchelor213
07-14-2008, 04:43 AM
yea this is a great way to encourage your new qb... im a big packers fan, but why is it that everyone in gb wants favre to come back as a starter when the facts remain what they are... favre retired, rodgers got the job hes waited patiently 4 years for, the team is thinking of the future, now everyone wants to side with brett and rally for him cuz he cant make up his mind.... it doesnt make sense to me. and at first i thought the media was being hard on brett calling him selfish, but this is kinda selfish. if hes a real team player he'll take the back up role, and if people are true fans of the TEAM, they would support the new guy instead of pulling this bs....

because of every thing favre has done for football and green bay. or just let him go and watch him win a super bowl, i know i will be cheering for the guy

myspace.com/thebatchelorspe

Brunner
07-14-2008, 09:31 AM
If hes a real team player he'll take the back up role, and if people are true fans of the TEAM, they would support the new guy instead of pulling this bs....

Favre is the better QB. Everyone SHOULD know that. I am not saying I won't support Rodger if he is the starter, but I am saying that Favre gives us the best shot to win, and as a Packer fan that is what is important to the team that used to be led by a guy who said, "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Why is Favre all of a sudden the most selfish person because he wants to play football again? He didn't demand GB give him his spot back! When they said no he wanted a release. I just thought this organization would want to have the best chance to win, and while I think Rodgers will do great, and we would probably get to the playoffs, I think Favre is the best starter OBVIOUSLY.

SC PackerGuy
07-14-2008, 11:23 AM

AMEN!!!!

StickyGreenFan
07-14-2008, 11:54 AM
Favre is the better QB. Everyone SHOULD know that. I am not saying I won't support Rodger if he is the starter, but I am saying that Favre gives us the best shot to win, and as a Packer fan that is what is important to the team that used to be led by a guy who said, "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Why is Favre all of a sudden the most selfish person because he wants to play football again? He didn't demand GB give him his spot back! When they said no he wanted a release. I just thought this organization would want to have the best chance to win, and while I think Rodgers will do great, and we would probably get to the playoffs, I think Favre is the best starter OBVIOUSLY.

favre is the greatest qb ever, but i dont know if he gives us the best chance to win. truth is he isnt getting any younger and his mobility is very very limited. you can also see he isnt taking hits as easily, i remember watching last year some of his worst passes came right before taking a shot. he tends to just try to dump the ball before he gets hit and that led to a couple interceptions. also favre might not have as good a season as he did last year, anything less than a superbowl is a dissappointment. why would you come back and risk that??

twelvePack
07-14-2008, 12:26 PM
favre is the greatest qb ever, but i dont know if he gives us the best chance to win. truth is he isnt getting any younger and his mobility is very very limited. you can also see he isnt taking hits as easily, i remember watching last year some of his worst passes came right before taking a shot. he tends to just try to dump the ball before he gets hit and that led to a couple interceptions. also favre might not have as good a season as he did last year, anything less than a superbowl is a dissappointment. why would you come back and risk that??

You better lay off of the sticky green, because Favre still gives us the best chance to win.

4favre4
07-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Favre is one of the most mobile QB's in the game not so much speed but as in he will escape any thing or body that wants to take him down.
Some people on here do not watch games they just say they are Packer fans and catch a sportscenter now and again.
The only real fans that know what they are talking about on here are twelvepack, Brunner and Hughest.
Tere maybe a few more but for the most part people just come on here to type some nonsence

socalpkrbkr
07-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Favre is one of the most mobile QB's in the game not so much speed but as in he will escape any thing or body that wants to take him down.
Some people on here do not watch games they just say they are Packer fans and catch a sportscenter now and again.
The only real fans that know what they are talking about on here are twelvepack, Brunner and Hughest.
Tere maybe a few more but for the most part people just come on here to type some nonsence

Don't be so ignorant as to post something like this. Iíve not missed a game in longer than I can remember and have been to games in Green Bay as well. I have a problem with you generalizing everyone in a forum. Please do me a favor and define "real fan."

StickyGreenFan
07-14-2008, 03:26 PM

speaking of people coming in here typing nonsense... :rolleyes: i like to think that while you might not agree with eveything being said here there are a lot of valid points both ways. just cuz u dont agree doesnt make it nonsense...

Brunner
07-14-2008, 03:46 PM
I agree Rodgers is the more mobile, and possibly the more well-rounded of the two, but Favre flat out has more talent, even at his age.

Ryan Diesel
07-14-2008, 04:32 PM
You better lay off of the sticky green, because Favre still gives us the best chance to win.

I smoke a lot of the stickiest and greenest in the world, and I still can tell that we need to let Favre come back. He needs to lay off the crack. Rodgers needs to step down, he's hurting the team. Favre gives us the best option to win.

Ryan Diesel
07-14-2008, 04:35 PM
I agree Rodgers is the more mobile, and possibly the more well-rounded of the two, but Favre flat out has more talent, even at his age.

Even if Rodgers is more mobile, he's not as good at avoiding the sack as Favre. I really don't know if anyone is, still at 38 he was one of the hardest QB's to sack. And that's definitely not a tribute to our "stellar" guard play the last few years. Favre has eyes in the back of his head like I've never seen on another QB. Rodgers might rush for more yards than Favre, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got sacked more this year than Favre has in the last two or three combined.

Ryan Diesel
07-14-2008, 04:36 PM
Oh yeah, I heard there was a rally for Favre today at 5pm at state fair in west allis. I would really like to go but not sure if I'm going to be able to make it.

WickedBadMan
07-14-2008, 05:28 PM
LoL, it's funny how so many people in this thread are under the misconception he can come back and just compete for the starting job. IT WON'T HAPPEN. It would be the same thing as letting him come back to start.

hughest4
07-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Even if Rodgers is more mobile, he's not as good at avoiding the sack as Favre. I really don't know if anyone is, still at 38 he was one of the hardest QB's to sack. And that's definitely not a tribute to our "stellar" guard play the last few years. Favre has eyes in the back of his head like I've never seen on another QB. Rodgers might rush for more yards than Favre, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got sacked more this year than Favre has in the last two or three combined.

Agreed, Favre is absolutely ridiculous at avoiding taking the sack. I don't understand how a guy so slow could be so elusive at the same time...its kind of funny. He just runs around the pocket and shakes off linemen until he has a receiver to throw to...i love it

Ryan Diesel
07-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Agreed, Favre is absolutely ridiculous at avoiding taking the sack. I don't understand how a guy so slow could be so elusive at the same time...its kind of funny. He just runs around the pocket and shakes off linemen until he has a receiver to throw to...i love it

Some of the best throws and catches I've ever seen were the result of Favre side stepping or ducking or dragging guys allowing an extra second or two for someone to break open. It's the reason he's been around long enough to break the records, and the reason I doubt Peyton will be able to play long enough to break Favre's. Especially if Favre keeps playing, he might throw 500 TD's when it's all said and done. I just don't know if Peyton at age 37-38 is going to be mobile enough to still be in there. However his team does goes out of their way to surround Peyton with weapons and blockers, so we'll see.

Dcup
07-14-2008, 09:00 PM
does anyone know where I can find the fire TT shirts?

twelvePack
07-14-2008, 09:10 PM
does anyone know where I can find the fire TT shirts?

I'm selling them for $19.95 or two for $30, hahahaaaa. Thanks for the idea.:cheers: