PDA

View Full Version : Torre Quote on Kemp

LA BUMS
07-13-2008, 03:11 PM
the writting is on the wall

http://www.beloblog.com/Pe_Blogs/prosports/2008/07/torre-speaks-on-dodgers-lineup.html

Squad13
07-13-2008, 03:13 PM
the writting is on the wall

http://www.beloblog.com/Pe_Blogs/prosports/2008/07/torre-speaks-on-dodgers-lineup.html

What does it say? My work has that website banned.

swells2048
07-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Torre speaks on Dodgers lineup
6:07 PM Sat, Jul 12, 2008 | Permalink | Comments (0)
Posted by: Diamond Leung
On Nomar Garciaparra and not Matt Kemp leading off: "We'll sacrifice the speed for someone that will give us a quality at-bat."

On Nomar: "He's aggressive. He's not your prototypical leadoff hitter because he doesn't go up there looking to walk."

On Kemp: "He goes up there and sometimes has quality at-bats. Other times, he gets impatient."

On Jeff Kent: "He's the perfect example of a player. He's struggling, but we know we're going to get a professional at-bat every time he gets in the box."

GHGHCP
07-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Kent and Nomar are not good examples of "quality" at bats this season. I wonder how he would twist his take one Jones this season?

jlshand
07-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Not sure what you are reading into this statement but if you think Torre is writing Kemp off , as in a trade, I believe you are totally wrong. Joe is probably wondering why he needed all the aggravation after all the Yankee crap but...... I'll bet his biggest headaches are how to get Prince Andruw, out of the way of the real major leaguers , How to keep Colletti from selling the store and where he's gonna find a run producing 3b.

Shawh
07-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Unfortunately those quotes don't really say a whole lot.

swells2048
07-13-2008, 04:03 PM
Unfortunately those quotes don't really say a whole lot.

I agree. Pretty much what everyone has been saying since ST. Too bad he didn't take the "we'll sacrifice speed for a quality at bat" when Pierre lead off.

LA BUMS
07-13-2008, 04:04 PM
"We'll sacrifice the speed for someone that will give us a quality at-bat."

Uhh....that says ALOT

Shawh
07-13-2008, 04:05 PM
"We'll sacrifice the speed for someone that will give us a quality at-bat."

Uhh....that says ALOT

Well, Kemp is leading off again... so :shrug:

Tapptout
07-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Well, Kemp is leading off again... so :shrug:

haha thats good. I don't think you should look to far into one quote. I've seen tons of quotes Joe has said that promote Matt

Dodgerfanvideos
07-14-2008, 01:29 AM
But too, they are just random quotes - to what? What was the context for each quote? Not enough information!

Dodgerfanvideos.com (http://www.Dodgerfanvideos.com)

bestlakersfan
07-14-2008, 01:33 AM
Horrible thread. Don't post things for no reason. You are reading way too far into nothing.

Kemp has a .340 OBP in the leadoff spot, whih probably went up to .360-.370 after tonight. He is the right choice to bat leadoff. The kid is doing a good job. Don't take things and blow them up.

Cracka2HI!
07-14-2008, 04:33 AM
I do think Torre would rather trade Kemp for a proven vet. Kemp plays the game the wrong way. He doesn't seem to be improving either. I personally am impressed with the way Kemp is handling lead off, but I think by now most of us thought he would be putting up HOF numbers. I think he has topped out. The power isn't there and I wouldn't be suprised if Torre is fed up with his lack of progress.

N.Z's #1 Dodger
07-14-2008, 04:57 AM
Kemp doesn't sound like he's going to be on Torre's Christmas card list that's for sure. But as long as he's on the roster I'm happy. Torre needs to get over his fascination for vets, he knew the deal when he came to L.A.

**** him, I bet Kemp wanted to **** on Torre every time he pitched Proctor or Falkon**** too.

BlueZoo
07-14-2008, 10:49 AM
These quotes are a tempest in a teapot.
He also said early in the season that he would "play the players we have the best chance of winning with"...and he starts Jones almost every single game.
Torre is full of shyte, just like every body else.
He's running his mouth so often now, in commercials and with all the media adoration and features with him, it's verbal static.

southerndodgerf
07-14-2008, 10:56 AM
i have to agree to some extent. the only time Torre showed some marbles was when he stood up to Georgie after 12 years and when he sat Bernie. On the other hand, Torre knows how to play to the media. He knows how little to say when he needs to. I do not see him as a guy who is going to stand up and say "bring me a playoff team". He just seems too docile.