PDA

View Full Version : Only captains and refs aloud to argue with refs.

97'bulls
07-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Today I saw Stephen A. Smith on ESPN talking about a rule cahnge that has been thrown around. The rule is that only captains and coaches are aloud to argue\talk to refs, in hope that refs won't establish a close relationship with a lot of player. (cough cough Joe Crawford) Would you like this rule change? Personally I think it's a great idea.

Derrick_Rose
07-13-2008, 12:42 PM
Good idea too, but we all know midway through the season, guys like Sheed, who aren't captains of their team, will still be talkin.

JordansBulls
07-13-2008, 12:45 PM
Today I saw Stephen A. Smith on ESPN talking about a rule cahnge that has been thrown around. The rule is that only captains and coaches are aloud to argue\talk to refs, in hope that refs won't establish a close relationship with a lot of player. (cough cough Joe Crawford) Would you like this rule change? Personally I think it's a great idea.

Bad idea because then it would make it seem the captain on the team is nothing but a complainer.

Turtle55
07-13-2008, 12:58 PM
If it's agrueing then I like the rule but if it's any conversation then I don't like it. I like it when young players calmly ask refs what they did wrong and the ref explains to them why they got whistled. That's a good part of the game that needs to stay, but the whining throwing your hands up and argueing needs to stop.

BullsNumber1Fan
07-13-2008, 01:31 PM
You might want to change the title to Captains and Coaches and not Captains and Refs. But as for the question, I think its a bad idea because each player should be able to argue their own case and not have the coaches argue.

Deng's Rose
07-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Bad idea. So what is a punishment for a player you just ASK a question? Is it a technical? Thats a cheap techinical. There is no way they can pass this.

97'bulls
07-13-2008, 01:37 PM
It's only arguing everyone is aloud to talk.

Deng's Rose
07-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Even so you would have to draw the line to what arguing is. Is it me yelling at the ref ? Is it me saying bad call? Is it me saying i never touched him? Will jestures be considered arguing.

There are just too many questions for this to go through.

97'bulls
07-13-2008, 04:14 PM
I like the idea of it though

IndyFan
07-13-2008, 04:15 PM
what is needed is better officials. more guys like joe crawford and less like ken mauer. look at the number of top level officials that have retired in the last 10 yrs. it has gotten so bad that bennett salvatore and bob delaney are working finals games. :pity:

:)

97'bulls
07-13-2008, 04:39 PM
what is needed is better officials. more guys like joe crawford and less like ken mauer. look at the number of top level officials that have retired in the last 10 yrs. it has gotten so bad that bennett salvatore and bob delaney are working finals games. :pity:

:)

JOE CRAWFORD?! you're kidding right? He's by far the worst ref in the NBA

hdxstunts1
07-15-2008, 09:26 AM
This is already a rule in basketball at all levels except the NBA. Its been that way for a longtime. Its good that the NBA might actually have a rule now, considering they dont call anything else, no traveling, carrying, double dribble, NBA isnt basketball at all!