PDA

View Full Version : All Star Futures Game on ESPN2 @ 12:30PM

Drucifer
07-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Catch your team All-Star prospects on ESPN2 at 12:30 PM.

The game is being play at Yankee Stadium.

letsgofish
07-13-2008, 11:26 AM
marlins have on of the best farms and they only get a crappy relief pitcher in aa.

Your Name Here
07-13-2008, 11:34 AM
marlins have on of the best farms and they only get a crappy relief pitcher in aa.

Really?

Keith Law says they are 14th. (http://www.meadowparty.com/blog/?p=160)

14th out of 30 = NOT one of the best.

Poncho_707
07-13-2008, 11:35 AM
giants have pablo sandoval/nate shierholtz/angel villalona/tim alderson/madison bumgarner :up:

chicagofan71
07-13-2008, 11:42 AM
I think the Cubs only have Wellington Castillo in there

BALLER71
07-13-2008, 11:58 AM
Really?

It's rated 9.1/10
4/5 stars.
And then you add Cameron Maybin.

The Marlins have one of the best developmental systems in baseball. They do more, communicate better, instruct well year-round, and take lots of interesting small chances beyond the draft to see what overlooked gems might pop up. The farm was a bit drained this year after a few call-ups and trades at the higher levels, but we continue to like what we see coming from the hatchery down at the lower levels of the fish farm. With the exception of their AAA club, which is quite successful but very far away, the Marlins have a good Super Market stretching from Florida to the Carolinas to the Dominican Republic.

letsgofish
07-13-2008, 12:00 PM
thank you baller

chicagofan71
07-13-2008, 12:05 PM
It's rated 9.1/10
4/5 stars.

Link?

letsgofish
07-13-2008, 12:13 PM
dude, we have like five 1st round picks that are pitchers in aa, a former first round pick that battled drug issues and is now back and weve drafted very well snce 2004 and then add cam maybin

chicagofan71
07-13-2008, 12:14 PM
dude, we have like five 1st round picks that are pitchers in aa, a former first round pick that battled drug issues and is now back and weve drafted very well snce 2004 and then add cam maybin

Ok......could give me names?

letsgofish
07-13-2008, 12:19 PM
aaron thomson is a future 5th starter. sinkbeil had a bad month last month but was like in the 30's of prospects last year. marceaux is a good reliever. sean west is probably going tobe the best but had an injury last year but hes going to be something special. than we have guys fromn last year like dominguez, our first round pick from last year. and michael stanton who is our future power hitting outfielder. and not to mention vandenhurk and gaby hernandez who could be great as well. we have a lot. and the position players in aa are really good with coghlan and maybin

chicagofan71
07-13-2008, 12:20 PM
aaron thomson is a future 5th starter. sinkbeil had a bad month last month but was like in the 30's of prospects last year. marceaux is a good reliever. sean west is probably going tobe the best but had an injury last year but hes going to be something special. than we have guys fromn last year like dominguez, our first round pick from last year. and michael stanton who is our future power hitting outfielder. and not to mention vandenhurk and gaby hernandez who could be great as well. we have a lot. and the position players in aa are really good with coghlan and maybin

How is he one of your top prospects? If a future fifth starter is good, then Mitch Atkins should be one of our top prospects :rolleyes:

letsgofish
07-13-2008, 12:22 PM
How is he one of your top prospects? If a future fifth starter is good, then Mitch Atkins should be one of our top prospects :rolleyes:

he is a first round pick and we have such an overload of starters that he is our future fifth starter. that is actually saying something good

Your Name Here
07-13-2008, 12:24 PM
It's rated 9.1/10
4/5 stars.

The link I posted is dated Feb 2008. Maybin was traded to Florida in Dec 2007.

There's no need to add him. He's already included.

chicagofan71
07-13-2008, 12:26 PM
he is a first round pick and we have such an overload of starters that he is our future fifth starter. that is actually saying something good

Then how does he project? Does he project as a future 5th starter? Because oyu can say the same thing with sean Gallagher, he was our 5th starter this year, but projected as a 3rd or 4th

Drucifer
07-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Game on in three minutes

letsgofish
07-13-2008, 12:28 PM
all those guys could be our future ace. when we traded all those guys away we got 5 first round picks and a sandwich pick.

the first is volstad and the second is tucker who are both in the majors.

Your Name Here
07-13-2008, 12:32 PM
It's rated 9.1/10
4/5 stars.

The Marlins have one of the best developmental systems in baseball. They do more, communicate better, instruct well year-round, and take lots of interesting small chances beyond the draft to see what overlooked gems might pop up. The farm was a bit drained this year after a few call-ups and trades at the higher levels, but we continue to like what we see coming from the hatchery down at the lower levels of the fish farm. With the exception of their AAA club, which is quite successful but very far away, the Marlins have a good Super Market stretching from Florida to the Carolinas to the Dominican Republic.

And I found that paragraph you neglected to provide a source for.

It's right here. (http://www.minorleaguenews.com/baseball/affiliated/farms/NLfarm.html)

It's from 2005. To say it's slightly out of date is a vast understatement. And that 4/5 isn't stars, it's a "Super Market" rating.

The 'Super Market' score (5-1) indicates how beneficial, geographically, the choices of farm teams are to the building of fan base around the major league club's home market.

Massive failure on your part.

chicagofan71
07-13-2008, 12:35 PM

It's right here. (http://www.minorleaguenews.com/baseball/affiliated/farms/NLfarm.html)

It's from 2005. To say it's slightly out of date is a vast understatement. And that 4/5 isn't stars, it's a "Super Market" rating.

:laugh:

FC_4_life
07-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Game has started!!! Two starters for the Giants: Nate Schierholtz for the US and Pablo Sandoval hitting cleanup for the World!!! Aww, I wanted Angel Villalona to start, but its all good with the other two...

Poncho_707
07-13-2008, 12:43 PM
pablo sandoval batting 4th :dance2:

Your Name Here
07-13-2008, 12:44 PM
I have no idea who that 2Bman is, but that was a hell of a turn to try to get two.

BALLER71
07-13-2008, 12:45 PM

:sigh:
I just googled Marlins Farm System :shrug:

We have Mike Stanton who leads the Minors in Homeruns, we have Chris Coghlan our future 3B.
And honestly we have soooo many pitching prospects like Chris Volstad who two nights ago went 8 innings against the Dodgers. Also Sinkbeil, Thomson, Gaby Hernandez, Sean West, Ryan Tucker, Gaby Sanchez.

Another thing, you're right the source is old which I didn't see but don't you think the Farm System would only get better with the Miguel trade?
Cameron Maybin, De La Cruz, Badenhop?

Your Name Here
07-13-2008, 12:47 PM
:sigh:
I just googled Marlins Farm System :shrug:

We have Mike Stanton who leads the Minors in Homeruns, we have Chris Coghlan our future 3B.
And honestly we have soooo many pitching prospects like Chris Volstad who two nights ago went 8 innings against the Dodgers. Also Sinkbeil, Thomson, Gaby Hernandez, Sean West, Ryan Tucker, Gaby Sanchez.

And all of that is good for 14th.

Middle of the pack.

Another thing, you're right the source is old which I didn't see but don't you think the Farm System would only get better with the Miguel trade?
Cameron Maybin, De La Cruz, Badenhop?

Like I said before....

That trade was made in Dec 07. The list I provided was made in Feb 08. Those guys are included in that ranking.

FC_4_life
07-13-2008, 12:50 PM
pablo sandoval batting 4th :dance2:

Yea and Schierholtz batting 5th :cool:

FriarFanatic
07-13-2008, 12:51 PM
game should be fun to watch

blueNorange
07-13-2008, 12:51 PM
woot woot

I've spoke to our resident scouting expert, Keith Law, after the World team's batting practice and asked him if he saw anything impressive. His response: "Martinez hit one into the third deck in right field. Is that impressive enough?" Uh, yeah, I'd say so.

--David Kull

Poncho_707
07-13-2008, 12:52 PM
wheres angel villalona :(

Your Name Here
07-13-2008, 12:54 PM
game should be fun to watch

Yeah, at least until the Cubs game starts.

letsgofish
07-13-2008, 12:57 PM

Middle of the pack.

Like I said before....

That trade was made in Dec 07. The list I provided was made in Feb 08. Those guys are included in that ranking.

dude your just a hater, we have the best pitching prospects in the league because of the firesale

chicagofan71
07-13-2008, 01:00 PM
dude your just a hater, we have the best pitching prospects in the league because of the firesale

How's he being a hater? You guys are 14th. Middle of the pask. You may have some good pitching specs, but only good for 14th

Your Name Here
07-13-2008, 01:03 PM

Dude, you're just ignorant. You have very little concept of what's going on in your own system, and apparently no concept of the other 29 farm systems in the game.

Educate yourself, because I certainly don't have the time or patience to educate you any more than I have already.

BALLER71
07-13-2008, 01:03 PM

Middle of the pack.

Like I said before....

Can you find any other sources with farm system rankings or anything like that?

BALLER71
07-13-2008, 01:04 PM
How's he being a hater? You guys are 14th. Middle of the pask. You may have some good pitching specs, but only good for 14th

What's Pask?
:p

letsgofish
07-13-2008, 01:05 PM
Dude, you're just ignorant. You have very little concept of what's going on in your own system, and apparently no concept of the other 29 farm systems in the game.

Educate yourself, because I certainly don't have the time or patience to educate you any more than I have already.

dude, i have a great concept of the marlins system. i know basically everything about them and i know that keith law even said that the list was sketched or soimething like that.

we have 7 Great pitchingprospects.

and some great hitting with maybin caghlan and in the lower a ball.

wtf, how have you educated me, you havent said anything

Your Name Here
07-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Can you find any other sources with farm system rankings or anything like that?

Baseball America has the Marlins at 14th as well.

This site (http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/621317/baseball_ranking_mlbs_farm_systems.html?page=4&cat=14) has the Marlins at 13th.

You could have found those too. Google is powerful like that.

FC_4_life
07-13-2008, 01:07 PM

Dude, there is no way you have better pitching prospects than the Giants. This may sound homerish, but that is the only team that comes to mind. I'm sure there are lots of other teams with better pitching prospects. But its kinda hard to match the Giants, who have two 19 year old pitchers, Madison Bumgarner and Tim Alderson, who were drafted last year out of high school and already have cracked Baseball America's top 25 prospects list. Add in Henry Sosa, who is excellent in his own right, plus many others, the Giants are stacked at that position. Plus we have Lincecum, Cain, and Sanchez, all 25 and younger...

Now to get some hitting lol...

chicagofan71
07-13-2008, 01:10 PM
What's Pask?
:p

Don't hate :p Or should I do the AIM star

*pack :D

GHGHCP
07-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Sigh. letsgofish at it again.

letsgofish
07-13-2008, 01:27 PM
dude i wouldnt say goin at it again because i was right about everything in your forum. about every single game

letsgofish
07-13-2008, 01:30 PM
and that sandoval guy doesnt know how to hit a breaking ball yet

Your Name Here
07-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Sigh. letsgofish at it again.

Is this kind of nonsense a common occurrence from him?

CarniifeX
07-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Really?

Don't listen to that guy (letsgofish), he is the 2nd biggest homer, to brandonwarne52.

CarniifeX
07-13-2008, 01:33 PM
Can someone please ban letsgofish for being annoying? And really really unreasonable because he thinks the Marlins are the best team in MLB history.

GHGHCP
07-13-2008, 01:36 PM
dude i wouldnt say goin at it again because i was right about everything in your forum. about every single game

Thinking you were right and being right are two different things. You are a blind homer that needs to chill out.

Dcup
07-13-2008, 01:37 PM
Haha why is Sandoval's fat *** runnning like that?

letsgofish
07-13-2008, 01:37 PM
Thinking you were right and being right are two different things. You are a blind homer that needs to chill out.

please tell me what i wasnt right about if i wasnt right. you cant just say what you just said and not say what i was wrong about

GHGHCP
07-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Is this kind of nonsense a common occurrence from him?

He's been like this for the past 3(now 4 days) in the Dodgers forum baiting and being his annoying self for the Marlins @ Dodgers series.

Your Name Here
07-13-2008, 01:39 PM
please tell me what i wasnt right about if i wasnt right. you cant just say what you just said and not say what i was wrong about

For starters, there's this.

Of course, I don't know ya like some of these other guys apparently do.

GHGHCP
07-13-2008, 01:42 PM

I'd rather watch Ivan DeJesus play in the Futures Game thank you. Why would I go through the pages and pages of your homerism and drivel to prove a point, this whole board is seeing you make a fool out of yourself, why do I need to pile on?

letsgofish
07-13-2008, 01:43 PM
that is right actually, the marlins did only get 1 player and they have some of the best pitching prospects

letsgofish
07-13-2008, 01:44 PM
I'd rather watch Ivan DeJesus play in the Futures Game thank you. Why would I go through the pages and pages of your homerism and drivel to prove a point, this whole board is seeing you make a fool out of yourself, why do I need to pile on?

because i havent been wrong about anything in that whole thread. that is just an excuse

Your Name Here
07-13-2008, 01:44 PM
that is right actually, the marlins did only get 1 player and they have some of the best pitching prospects

That actually made me laugh. Thanks.

And now I'm done with you.

letsgofish
07-13-2008, 01:47 PM
ok be done with me, because you must be ignorant if you think 6 first rounder from 2005 arent good pitching prospects.

guys like volstad and ryan tucker who dominated double a are part of that group

CAIN=FUTURE
07-13-2008, 02:12 PM
Im so excited to watch Angel Villalona!

Your Name Here
07-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Top 100 prospects in 2008. (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=7092)

I wonder if Fishyboy can count how many Marlins made the list. If they really have one of the best systems in baseball, there should be Marlins littered all over that list.

GHGHCP
07-13-2008, 02:21 PM
DeJesus putting on a show, 2-3 with a double robbed by a great catch and turned a nice DP. :D

C1Bman88
07-13-2008, 02:34 PM
Haha why is Sandoval's fat *** runnning like that?

It's called a "hit and run."

He's surprisingly quick for such a big guy.

letsgofish
07-13-2008, 02:45 PM
and the only marlin on the roster throws a perfect inning

Poncho_707
07-13-2008, 02:57 PM
i would be mad that angel didnt get a hit with the bases loaded but then i realize hes only 1 year older than me..

C1Bman88
07-13-2008, 03:00 PM
and the only marlin on the roster throws a perfect inning

Yes, because one inning is indicative of an organization's entire farm system. :clap:

letsgofish
07-13-2008, 03:01 PM
your right, that is exactly what i said and exactly what i meant.

braves790
07-13-2008, 03:57 PM
How did Gorkys Hernandez of the Atlanta Braves do in the game today?

FC_4_life
07-13-2008, 03:58 PM
How did Gorkys Hernandez of the Atlanta Braves do in the game today?

I think he played the whole game but went 0-4

letsgofish
07-13-2008, 03:58 PM
0-4 with 2 k's

PhillyUD26
07-13-2008, 06:25 PM

BURRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!