PDA

View Full Version : Potential Marion Trades Thread!!!

greek miami hea
07-13-2008, 09:42 AM
whats ur thoughts?

sergiogon
07-13-2008, 09:47 AM
yes but try to get bellinili to?for then trade haslem and bellinelli or cook for artest??

greek miami hea
07-13-2008, 09:53 AM
personally id love it.i would do this trade right now for 3 reasons.1we would fill our center position.bierdins=excellent rebounder,good finisher and defender!2 we add another great 3p shooter.harrington!cook,chalmers,beasley,jones,ban ks,quinn,harrington!7 great 3p shooters+wade can hit the open 3 sometimes!3 starting harrington at the pf and beasley at the sf would be great.it would take a lot of pressure from beasley and harington is taller than beasley.i also think that beasley would be better as a sf

greek miami hea
07-13-2008, 09:59 AM
yes but try to get bellinili to?for then trade haslem and bellinelli or cook for artest??

we dont need bellineli.hmmm.haslem for artest?dunno.maybe yes maybe not.i really like this starting 5.pg chalmers sg wade sf beasley pf harrington c bierdins.

sergiogon
07-13-2008, 10:10 AM
beasley is taller than harrintong and is better PF than harrintong if i have this line up i put beasley at PF ad harrintong at SF.But i prefer to trade for artest.

Chalmer/Banks
Wade/Cook
Artest/J.Jones
Beasley/Harrintong
Biedrins/Zo

greek miami hea
07-13-2008, 10:16 AM
beasley is taller than harrintong and is better PF than harrintong if i have this line up i put beasley at PF ad harrintong at SF.But i prefer to trade for artest.

Chalmer/Banks
Wade/Cook
Artest/J.Jones
Beasley/Harrintong
Biedrins/Zo

no.beasley=6 8 harrington=6 9

noturnormalhero
07-13-2008, 10:19 AM
this isnt just to you, but for everyone. please stop making new threads for topics already discussed in other threads!! it's extremely annoying. if one topic goes offtopic and it goes on for pages..people STILL find the need to create their own thread...it's pointless if the topic has already been discussed !

fins08
07-13-2008, 10:39 AM
We have Beasley who is like Harrington but way better and with a shot anbd plays the same position. MARION IS better than those 2.

greek miami hea
07-13-2008, 10:40 AM
this isnt just to you, but for everyone. please stop making new threads for topics already discussed in other threads!! it's extremely annoying. if one topic goes offtopic and it goes on for pages..people STILL find the need to create their own thread...it's pointless if the topic has already been discussed !

im sorry.i didnt know that there was already a thread for mario/biedrins,harrington trade

sergiogon
07-13-2008, 10:41 AM
http://www.nba.com/magic/news/sl_rosters.html

beasley is taller than harrington

greek miami hea
07-13-2008, 10:48 AM
even if he s shorter than beasley, id like him as our starting pf.like i said beasley would be more effective as en sf.

daleja424
07-13-2008, 10:53 AM
even if he s shorter than beasley, id like him as our starting pf.like i said beasley would be more effective as en sf.

how do you figure? He isnt going to be able to drive to the hole or defend the quicker SF's (Iggy, Prince, James, Pierce, Lewis, Butler, Deng, Granger, Wallace, Jefferson....and thats just the east)

greek miami hea
07-13-2008, 10:58 AM
how do you figure? He isnt going to be able to drive to the hole or defend the quicker SF's (Iggy, Prince, James, Pierce, Lewis, Butler, Deng, Granger, Wallace, Jefferson....and thats just the east)

so who will be our starting sf?harrington,jones or wright?

daleja424
07-13-2008, 11:04 AM
so who will be our starting sf?harrington,jones or wright?

Well Harrington could help stretch the floor and is a good 3 point shooter... but he is even less of a SF then Beasley... The rotation would have to look...

Chalmers/Banks
Wade/Cook
Jones/Wright
Beasley/Harrington
Biedrins/Blount

...and maybe trade Haslem for a starting quality SF and hsift Jones back to the SG???

daleja424
07-13-2008, 11:08 AM
We seem to start 8 forums a night about different scenarios regarding trading Marion so I thought I would post this article and then just have people post all those Marion trades in here...

With Shawn Marion and the Heat expected to resume contract talks shortly, several teams -- including the Clippers and Golden State -- have expressed interest in acquiring him. The issue, though, will be whether any offers will be more appealing than keeping Marion long-term or allowing his deal to expire next summer to sign Utah's Carlos Boozer.

Though Pat Riley said he wants to keep Marion, Miami's first offer wasn't close to Marion's wishes.

The Warriors like Marion, 30, and likely would deal Al Harrington (due $9.2 million and $10.2 million over the next two years), but appear reluctant to include restricted free agent center Andris Biedrins in a sign-and-trade. Point guard Monta Ellis told the Warriors that Miami is among teams he would love to be traded to, but Golden State hasn't been receptive. A Marion-Warriors scenario might need a third team.

The Clippers like Marion (due $17.8 million in 2008-09) and were willing to do a sign-and-trade involving Elton Brand and Marion after it became clear Brand wouldn't re-sign. But Brand was headed to Philadelphia by then, and the Clippers now lack appealing assets to acquire Marion.

Toronto pursued Marion before the draft, but the Heat declined a package including T.J. Ford (then dealt to Indiana) and wasn't interested in Jermaine O'Neal (who went to Toronto in that trade and has a big contract). Chicago likes Marion and likely would be willing to trade Larry Hughes and another piece, but Hughes' contract is unappealing (two years left at $12.8 million and $13.6 million).

The most logical hypothetical would be Marion to the Lakers for Lamar Odom (one year left at $14.5 million) and Chris Mihm ($2.5 million), but the Lakers first said publicly they're keeping Odom, and now, according to the Sacramento Bee, have offered Odom for Sacramento's Ron Artest. A Marion/Artest trade would hurt Miami because the Heat would have to assume the last two years of either Kenny Thomas' or Shareef Abdur-Rahim's bloated contracts.

With sentiment growing that Mario Chalmers could become a starting point guard eventually, the Heat has less incentive to assume large long-term contracts such as Kirk Hinrich's (four years, $36.5 million left).

So Miami's most affordable point-guard trade options include Memphis' Kyle Lowry (one year, $1.6 million), New Orleans' Mike James (two years, $12.5 million), Houston's Steve Francis (one year, $2.6 million) or Bobby Jackson (one year, $6 million), and Seattle's Luke Ridnour (two years, $13 million), with New York's Stephon Marbury or Indiana's Jamaal Tinsley in play if they're bought out.
http://www.miamiherald.com/594/story/602626.html

These are the trades I have heard about most on this forum so feel free to discuss these and others:
-Marion for Artest/Miller
-Marion for Smith/Claxton
-Marion for Harrington/Biedrins
-Marion for Williams/Williams/Simmons
-Marion for Odom/Mihm
-Marion/extras for Okafor/(Felton or Wallace)
-Marion/Blount for Sczerbiak/Smith/Gibson/Varajao
-Marion for Dalmbert

Wade3
07-13-2008, 11:10 AM
This should be the official Marion trade thread because every 3 minuets a new thread involving Marion is made

daleja424
07-13-2008, 11:11 AM
This should be the official Marion trade thread because every 3 minuets a new thread involving Marion is made

Haha... I was hoping that would happen b/c its getting very taxing to come on and have like 18 Marion trade threads staring you in the face...

greek miami hea
07-13-2008, 11:18 AM
yea,i agree.which sf do u have in mind?i think we could trade haslem for:gerald wallace or ron artest.

daleja424
07-13-2008, 11:20 AM
Yet we repeat that the Clips, fearing an offer to any of them would be matched, might ultimately decide that it's better use their cap space to absorb a veteran's contract. New York's Zach Randolph has already been mentioned as a possibility, but there are more appealing names that could be available and have to be investigated first. Just to name two: Miami's Shawn Marion and Detroit's Rasheed Wallace, whom Dunleavy has coached before.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=FA-News-080712

greek miami hea
07-13-2008, 11:22 AM
i like:marion/okafor wallace.marion/biedrins,harrington.nice idea daleja

blujaysrock
07-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Marion for kapono + bargs + hump ?

greek miami hea
07-13-2008, 11:25 AM
who can the clips give us for marion?

daleja424
07-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Marion for kapono + bargs + hump ?

Umm the Heat didnt want to pay Kapono that money to start with and I doubt they will take him back now that we have signed James Jones. Also we already have a soft big man on our team, Blount, so I doubt we will want another one of those (Bargnani).

I don't really see anyone on the Raps that would tempt Riley... cept maybe BOSH!!!:D

daleja424
07-13-2008, 11:27 AM
rasheed wallace for marion?hell yeah!

I would, cept Sheed plans to retire after next year...

King Koopa
07-13-2008, 12:47 PM
Jones is going to be are Starting SF, only because he can Spead the floor. This is the lineup your going to be loooking at.

PG Mario/Banks
SG Wade/Cook
SF Jones/Wright
PF Beasley/Harrington
C Biedrins/BLount or Zo when Zo comes back hes going to be the Back up.

King Koopa
07-13-2008, 12:48 PM
no.beasley=6 8 harrington=6 9

Man Height doesnt matter Beasley is taller then Haslem, And Haslem Played PF, so why are you saying hes going to be better at SF???????? And haslem might get traded for PG, Help.

Master Mind
07-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Good thinking Daleja, now we can stop the thread madness involving Marion...Can a mod move all the other Marion threads to this one...

blackjack5380
07-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Id like to trade marion and banks for monta ellis (sign and trade), and beidrins, if that is possible

fins08
07-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Okafor trade is the 1 I want the most because he is a very young center and it would include Felton maybe. Monta is second only becuase Chalmers won't start for a while if he is here, but Monta would fill in D-Wade's spot if he leaves in 2010 or if he gets hurt. Marion for Monta/Anyone on GS would work for me. Biedrens is OK, but not the answer for this team. Artest is a 20 PPG great defense guy and is 1 of the top 10 players in the league when his head is screwed on right. That is what some guy on ESPN said.

BullsNumber1Fan
07-13-2008, 01:44 PM
What about Marion, Banks for Hinrich, Nocioni, Gooden?

Hinrich/J-Will
Wade/Cook
Nocioni/Wright
Beasley/Gooden
Blount/Zo

That gives you guys a good, deep team.

zezak
07-13-2008, 01:49 PM

Hinrich/J-Will
Wade/Cook
Nocioni/Wright
Beasley/Gooden
Blount/Zo

So basically the Bulls unload two horrible contracts in Hinrich and Nocioni which leave the Heat in a bad position. Keep em...

noturnormalhero
07-13-2008, 01:49 PM
the cavs trade should be considered as well. the 76ers trade for dalembert that u came up with was dope and a trade for andre miller would be dope 2. a marion/cook for andre miller/1st round would be dope to me. miller's contract ends up next year and that team would have a iggy,marion,brand lineup. dont know what else is out there. i've sat there and analyzed every team for a possible trade and i'm stumped now. unless there is a 3 team trade involved or something. but that would create endless possibilities.

BullsNumber1Fan
07-13-2008, 01:57 PM
So basically the Bulls unload two horrible contracts in Hinrich and Nocioni which leave the Heat in a bad position. Keep em...

How are they HORRIBLE contracts when they both lower in the years. Hinrich's goes down to 8 million and Nocioni to 6 million, Banks contract is HORRIBLE, Blounts is HORRIBLE, those 2 are RESONABLE. Blount will be making more than Nocioni next years, which makes no sense.

daleja424
07-13-2008, 01:59 PM

Hinrich/J-Will
Wade/Cook
Nocioni/Wright
Beasley/Gooden
Blount/Zo

Marion/Banks for Hinrich/Gooden/Noah (or Thomas)...then yes... but we aren't going to take on two bad contracts that run past 2010...

daleja424
07-13-2008, 02:23 PM
OKay...b4 I here how insane this is... just look it over. If you still think it is insane then feel free to rip me... but read it first...

Miami(loses Marion, Blount, Banks, Cook)
Cuttino Mobley (9 M)- expires 2010
Tim Thomas (6 M)- expires 2010
Darco Millicic (7 M)- expires 2010
Kyle Lowry (1 M)- team option for next year
Al Thornton (2 M) - good young replacement for Marion

Memphis (losing Millicic, Lowry)
Mark Blount
Daquon Cook
Deandre Jordan

Clippers (losing Thornton, Mobley, Thomas, Jordan)
Shawn Marion
Marcus Banks
2 future second round picks

our team becomes:
Chalmers/Lowry/Quinn
Wade/Jones/Mobley
Thornton/Wright/Thomas
Beasley/Haslem/Powell
Millicic/Anthony/Zo

Jonathan2323
07-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Hoopsworld is reporting that the Clippers and Warriors want Marion

Also that Monte Ellis wants to go to the Heat if he is traded

Master Mind
07-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Biedrins is not the answer in my opinion...He's worse than Shaq at the free throw line...

yankees932
07-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Biedrins shot 62% from the line last year. Not great but not Shaq like.

Andris is a solid big-man.

If we got him next year, he would probably give us 10 points and 10 rebs

The thing I love is, he is only 22. He has plenty of time to grow and will continue to get better.

greek miami hea
07-13-2008, 06:55 PM
man!i love chalmers.but if we could get ellis!oh.our pg rotation with chalmers and ellis would be awsome!

dimgim
07-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Biendrins is exactly what Miami needs...I'd rather Miami targeted him instead of the Missippi bullet in a trade with Golden St involving Marion. Miami would be a top five team in the East if Marion were traded for Harrington/Biendrins...easy.

twissst89
07-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Ellis for Marion sounds more and more that its going to happen. It sounds like they dont want Ellis to play the point and they just signed Maggete to a huge contract. That means the 2 and 3 are filled by Jackson and Maggete. Marion fits their system and wud give them the defense they need. Jackson,Maggete,Marion wud be a pretty good trio,and they all play defense. CJ Watson is kind of impressive and is more of a natural point guard. Like everyone said Ellis expressed interest in Miami and Wade is looking for a point guard. We hear that Golden State is interested in Marion. I dont know how desperate they are to get rid of Harrington but id take him off their hands and deepen our bench even more. They might have interset in Banks. A point guard who shoots the 3 and plays tight d and is use to that style. Jackson and Biedrins were their only 2 defensive players and if they add Maggete, Marion and Banks thel be a top notch defensive team and cud still run their sytem.

Banks
Jackson
Maggete
Marion
Biedrins

Wed have

Monta/Chalmmers/Quinn
Wade/Cook/Jones(Hel get a lot of minutes backing up more then 1 position)
Wright/Harrington/Jones
Beasley/Haslem/Lasme
Hunter(If we can trade J Will for him)/Anthony/Zo

noturnormalhero
07-13-2008, 07:59 PM
yea,i agree.which sf do u have in mind?i think we could trade haslem for:gerald wallace or ron artest.

haslem for wallace or artest? no way. lol. i know they might be willin to trade Artest but they'd want more than Haslem and dont say Banks/Blount because yeah. They'd want either Cook/Wright..Haslem and draft picks..probably more. I mean FT% wise Biedrins isn't the greatest but yeah..Shaq's wasnt either and we won a title. How many of you were saying "Shaq's freethrows suck" as you were jumping up and down after we won game 6? I would hope for an Ellis and Harrington for Marion/Banks..that's what i'd hope for.

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-13-2008, 08:14 PM
If you are going to target Biedrins, you better get Ellis too if we are giving up Marion. We don't need Harrington. We need a pg or combo guard to handle the ball and score when Wade gets in foul trouble. We also still have Joel Anthony as a poward forward (he's too short to be a full time center).

Diehardheatfan
07-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Harrington sucks we dont need that ninja turtle. lol

29$JerZ
07-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Heat should just Keep Marion and let his contract expire. He gives you Cap room to sign a player like Boozer next year. Plus since he has sort of a huge salary this year, you would have to take back a bad contract or two.

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Marion's contract will expire next year, that's true;however, Blount and Bank's won't. I don't see anyone lining up to get these guys. If we do not move them now they'll be here past 2010 taking up salary space. Wade will not stick around if thee guys are still here.

29$JerZ
07-13-2008, 08:25 PM
If Miami really wants to Get Rid of Blount, I would assume Haslem has to be in the deal

How did yo guys get Blount again?
Was it that Antoine Walker Trade?

daleja424
07-13-2008, 08:28 PM
If Miami really wants to Get Rid of Blount, I would assume Haslem has to be in the deal

How did yo guys get Blount again?
Was it that Antoine Walker Trade?

...mhmmmm...

noturnormalhero
07-13-2008, 08:40 PM
Heat should just Keep Marion and let his contract expire. He gives you Cap room to sign a player like Boozer next year. Plus since he has sort of a huge salary this year, you would have to take back a bad contract or two.

and what happens if we dont get boozer ? i rather trade marion..get some pieces for this year and maybe even a 1st round draft pick AND save money. rather than him walkin next year and us hoping Boozer or someone of that caliber is available. he is a major trading piece, why not try and get something for him when we can?

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Look if you can shed Blount and Banks you trade away half the goddamned team except for Wade, Beasley, and Haslem (nobody ever gave him nothing),

daleja424
07-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Look if you can shed Blount and Banks you trade away half the goddamned team except for Wade, Beasley, and Haslem (nobody ever gave him nothing),

...add Chalmers to that list...and then I agree

Derick713
07-13-2008, 09:11 PM
The Warriors have very little size while having an abundance of forwards like Jackson, Harrington, Wright, Randolph, and a few free agents the Warriors haven't made decisions on yet. It makes no sense for the Warriors to deal Biedrins when the fact is they have the cap space and money to sign him. It makes no sense for the Heat to sign Biedrins long term if they intend on signing Chris Bosh or another franchise frontline player in 2010.

If the Heat could get Biedrins from the Warriors that would be a steal no matter how you look at it. The Heat are lacking a center that can anchor there defense and play a little offense. If the Heat wants to be a contender they have to deal Marion for Artest and Miller and if the Heat wants to build for next season they have to deal Marion to the Cavs or Warriors. The Clippers are the X factor because they could offer to take Marion's contract which would allow the Heat to pursue Josh Smith or Emeka Okafor.

daleja424
07-13-2008, 09:19 PM
The Warriors have very little size while having an abundance of forwards like Jackson, Harrington, Wright, Randolph, and a few free agents the Warriors haven't made decisions on yet. It makes no sense for the Warriors to deal Biedrins when the fact is they have the cap space and money to sign him. It makes no sense for the Heat to sign Biedrins long term if they intend on signing Chris Bosh or another franchise frontline player in 2010.

If the Heat could get Biedrins from the Warriors that would be a steal no matter how you look at it. The Heat are lacking a center that can anchor there defense and play a little offense. If the Heat wants to be a contender they have to deal Marion for Artest and Miller and if the Heat wants to build for next season they have to deal Marion to the Cavs or Warriors. The Clippers are the X factor because they could offer to take Marion's contract which would allow the Heat to pursue Josh Smith or Emeka Okafor.

Thats not true though. Our current cap number is almost 70 million, so even if we traded marion straight up for like a 1st round pick our cap number would only go down to 53 million...leaving only 5 mil in actual cap space (not nearly enough to sign anyone decent)

check this our for details: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244560

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-13-2008, 09:20 PM
The Warriors are royally screwed in the West. They might as well take the expiring money next year.
It is a lot of money. Biedrins is only 22 and he is getting better. Bosh is a power forward not a center. (not really a center). If they don't move Blount, the heat have his contract expiring in 2010. The Heat has an abundance of forwards too.

twissst89
07-13-2008, 09:45 PM
That or getting Thorton might be possible.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8z_OCdPVhCk

daleja424
07-13-2008, 09:46 PM
I wouldn't mind getting Thornton AT ALL!!!! I would be thrilled to trade say Thornton/Mobley for Marion/Banks...not bad... and they can take on the extra salary since they are under the cap

Freddy Calhoun
07-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Not to be rude to all the true basketball fans...But why do we need a point guard. Marcus Banks and Mario Chalmers are more than capable of running that show we need post presents, its obvious from summer league play that Mike B. will be the shorter of rasheed wallace....at best...We need a workman in the post. If the Heat make a move for any type of guard under 6'5", we well be horrible again...Trust In Mario!

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-13-2008, 10:08 PM
I like the idea of Ellis playing alongside Wade, sharing some point duties with Wade and Chalmers, or stepping in at shooting guard if Wade picks up a lot of fouls. I think he would want to much money. Biedrins fills a more critical need. I'll take Thorton too.

Grifftiggs
07-13-2008, 10:32 PM
I would, cept Sheed plans to retire after next year...

where did you see that he is going to retire? link

expat
07-13-2008, 11:14 PM
How bout a 3 team trade:

LA Lakers
trade: Odom
in: Wallace, Haslem
2008/9
Fisher
Kobe
Bynum
Gasol
Wallace

Charlotte
trade: Okafor, Wallace, Felton, Morrison
in: Odom, Marion, Banks
2008/9
DJ
Richardson
Mohammed
Odom
Marion

Miami
trade: Marion, Haslem, Banks
in:Okafor, Felton,Morrison
2008/9
Felton/Chalmers/Quinn
Wade/Cook/Davis
Okafor/Anthony/Zo
Beasley/Blount/Lasme
Wright/James/Morrison

The money matches. It gives every team what they are looking for at this stage. LA gets a scoring sf and a pf off the bench will give them defense and 12/9 a game. Helps them to be a lot stronger in the post. Wallace gives them the 3rd scorer they needed in the finals.
Charlotte swaps 3 starters but they get two great forwards and the experience Brown likes. They also get two big expiring contracts, as well as a back up point guard. I read that they were trying to trade Wallace for TJ Ford before the draft. Wallace also commented that he was told that everyone is up to be traded. I think the snag would be Okafor. But if it looks like Okafor wants out then a S&T maybe best for everyone.
We get a pg and a center. They only problem I see is at pf. Would like to have a better back up. Maybe we could do something with NJ to get Boone. It also sets up to still be in play for free agents in 2010.

fins08
07-13-2008, 11:26 PM
Morrison, another SG, no. We have Cook and Jones behind, but he can shoot the 3. I would say no. Felton isn't great, I want Mario starting now. Mario, Banks, and maybe Lue would be good enough.

nolin
07-14-2008, 12:10 AM
How bout a 3 team trade:

LA Lakers
2008/9
Fisher
Kobe
Bynum
Gasol
Wallace

Charlotte
2008/9
DJ
Richardson
Mohammed
Odom
Marion

Miami
2008/9
Felton/Chalmers/Quinn
Wade/Cook/Davis
Okafor/Anthony/Zo
Beasley/Blount/Lasme
Wright/James/Morrison

The money matches. It gives every team what they are looking for at this stage. LA gets a scoring sf and a pf off the bench will give them defense and 12/9 a game. Helps them to be a lot stronger in the post. Wallace gives them the 3rd scorer they needed in the finals.
Charlotte swaps 3 starters but they get two great forwards and the experience Brown likes. They also get two big expiring contracts, as well as a back up point guard. I read that they were trying to trade Wallace for TJ Ford before the draft. Wallace also commented that he was told that everyone is up to be traded. I think the snag would be Okafor. But if it looks like Okafor wants out then a S&T maybe best for everyone.
We get a pg and a center. They only problem I see is at pf. Would like to have a better back up. Maybe we could do something with NJ to get Boone. It also sets up to still be in play for free agents in 2010.

Good for heat and LA. But no way bobcats do the trade.

noturnormalhero
07-14-2008, 07:30 AM
The clippers are reportedly after either marion, Iggy or Okafor. Not in any order of favoritism but yeah. If the 7ers trade iggy for someone, i wouldnt mind trading marion for andre miller. he's a better pg than we have now and his contract expires this year. i cant see it happening now with the signing of lue of course

greek miami hea
07-14-2008, 09:17 AM
im a bit confused with all these possibilities and speculations.i want one thing.pat riley to do the best available now in order to makes contenders for now and for the years to come!

noturnormalhero
07-14-2008, 10:36 AM
i think an ellis/harrington trade is more likely because i cant see GS trading ellis AND biedrins..two young talented kids for someone who could easily walk after this year and leave them with nothing. i still think the clippers NEED to make a move because now baron davis is there with a :confused: look because no one else in that lineup besides maybe thorton provides any help unless Gordon comes through this year. they REALLY need a big man or another scorer on that team. i like baron davis and all, but he shouldnt have gone there..if the clips dont acquire another stud..it's gonna be a long year for them again.

daleja424
07-14-2008, 10:47 AM
where did you see that he is going to retire? link

They have been reporting that Sheed doesn't plan to play past his contract that expires this year the whole summer. That is why no one is interested in trading much for him... Sheed has said he wants to spend the time with his Family

mavwar53
07-14-2008, 10:55 AM
i think an ellis/harrington trade is more likely because i cant see GS trading ellis AND biedrins..two young talented kids for someone who could easily walk after this year and leave them with nothing. i still think the clippers NEED to make a move because now baron davis is there with a :confused: look because no one else in that lineup besides maybe thorton provides any help unless Gordon comes through this year. they REALLY need a big man or another scorer on that team. i like baron davis and all, but he shouldnt have gone there..if the clips dont acquire another stud..it's gonna be a long year for them again.

You guys are dreaming why would the warriors trade their only center and a guy that can play 3 positions for a older player that can't even play PF in the west. You know the west that is so much better and tougher than the east, where people that are 7 feet tall play you know that west. And a monta trade isn't going to happen either unless we got wade in the deal.

daleja424
07-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Seeing as our center options are dwindling I thought I'd put another scenrio out there...

What about if we trade Marion/Banks for Eddy Curry/Nate Robinson/Jerome James??? I know a lot of you don't like Curry, but he has a lot of talent and might be the best available center out there...and a guy that NY would love to move to clear more cap space...

Chalmers/Robinson/Lue
Wade/Cook
Wright/Jones/Powell
Beasley/Haslem/Lasme
Curry/James/Anthony

shift005
07-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Seeing as our center options are dwindling I thought I'd put another scenrio out there...

What about if we trade Marion/Banks for Eddy Curry/Nate Robinson/Jerome James??? I know a lot of you don't like Curry, but he has a lot of talent and might be the best available center out there...and a guy that NY would love to move to clear more cap space...

Chalmers/Robinson/Lue
Wade/Cook
Wright/Jones/Powell
Beasley/Haslem/Lasme
Curry/James/Anthony

doesnt he have a bloated contract for a while? if you havent noticed we're trying to peace those bills out

daleja424
07-14-2008, 04:22 PM
doesnt he have a bloated contract for a while? if you havent noticed we're trying to peace those bills out

he makes 11 mil for the next two years and then has an option for 2010-2011... Maybe we could get him to opt out???:rolleyes:

greek miami hea
07-14-2008, 05:34 PM
i want ellis and harrington for marion!

Diehardheatfan
07-14-2008, 05:51 PM

Hinrich/J-Will
Wade/Cook
Nocioni/Wright
Beasley/Gooden
Blount/Zo

Doubt we would help the Bulls team. Especially for pieces that dont make us better

Diehardheatfan
07-14-2008, 05:54 PM
Ellis for Marion sounds more and more that its going to happen. It sounds like they dont want Ellis to play the point and they just signed Maggete to a huge contract. That means the 2 and 3 are filled by Jackson and Maggete. Marion fits their system and wud give them the defense they need. Jackson,Maggete,Marion wud be a pretty good trio,and they all play defense. CJ Watson is kind of impressive and is more of a natural point guard. Like everyone said Ellis expressed interest in Miami and Wade is looking for a point guard. We hear that Golden State is interested in Marion. I dont know how desperate they are to get rid of Harrington but id take him off their hands and deepen our bench even more. They might have interset in Banks. A point guard who shoots the 3 and plays tight d and is use to that style. Jackson and Biedrins were their only 2 defensive players and if they add Maggete, Marion and Banks thel be a top notch defensive team and cud still run their sytem.

Banks
Jackson
Maggete
Marion
Biedrins

Wed have

Monta/Chalmmers/Quinn
Wade/Cook/Jones(Hel get a lot of minutes backing up more then 1 position)
Wright/Harrington/Jones
Beasley/Haslem/Lasme
Hunter(If we can trade J Will for him)/Anthony/Zo

Dude we are always on the same page

Diehardheatfan
07-14-2008, 05:55 PM
How bout a 3 team trade:

LA Lakers
2008/9
Fisher
Kobe
Bynum
Gasol
Wallace

Charlotte
2008/9
DJ
Richardson
Mohammed
Odom
Marion

Miami
2008/9
Felton/Chalmers/Quinn
Wade/Cook/Davis
Okafor/Anthony/Zo
Beasley/Blount/Lasme
Wright/James/Morrison

I would do this deal. Despite the fact i really wouldnt want to trade cook. This is an awesome deal

Master Mind
07-14-2008, 06:52 PM

Chalmers/Robinson/Lue
Wade/Cook
Wright/Jones/Powell
Beasley/Haslem/Lasme
Curry/James/Anthony

I wouldn't want to trade Marion for Curry but i'd take Curry if it were for Haslem and Blount maybe...

Jonathan2323
07-14-2008, 06:53 PM
The Ron . .er . .William Artest discussion continues to resemble a bad soap opera, with the latest being that the Lakers aren't 100% sure they want to give up Lamar Odom for Ron-Ron. It's not a question of talent, but rather mentality. Odom is, at the end of the day, a known commodity. In the mean time, the discussion on most rumor pages today will shift to Shawn Marion as he begins contract talks with the HEAT.

The company like from Pat Riley and his staff is that they're hoping to keep Marion long-term, and they would be foolish not to at least get a look at how good he might be for Michael Beasley. Beasley needs a mentor, and Marion's defensive mindset could do wonders for the rook. That said, there will be a lot of phone calls from teams hoping to lure Marion away from Miami - even if it's only for a season.

The Clippers and Warriors - yes, the same two teams who are talking to anyone and everyone who might come help fill the gaping hole left by Brand's evacuation - are expected to be among the first to call. The HEAT have an interest in Monta Ellis and Ellis has informed the Warriors of his desire to move south, but the Warriors so far have expressed zero interest in letting him leave and Don Nelson has gone so far as to discuss developing Ellis into a point guard. Would the Warriors be willing to work some kind of sign-and-trade to land Marion? According to printed reports the Warriors would likely need a third team to make that happen. As for the Clips, it's hard to see them putting anything together that would interest Miami.

We will, of course, be following this story as it develops.

---Hoopsworld

mavwar53
07-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Man I wish I lived in FL it is a dream land or is that what all the topics in the heat forum about. Keep dreamin giving up marion and garbage for felton okafor and morrison hahahah.

Diehardheatfan
07-14-2008, 10:06 PM
I am not willing to trade with the bulls. Chicago bulls fans think just because they have rose they have a good team. That team is garbage. No pieces

expat
07-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Man I wish I lived in FL it is a dream land or is that what all the topics in the heat forum about. Keep dreamin giving up marion and garbage for felton okafor and morrison hahahah.

How is Odom and Marion garbage? Charlotte were trying to trade Wallace for TJ Ford. They must not think too highly of Felton, you would not have wasted a pick on DJ, when you needed a big man. Okafor wants to walk on you and you will have to pay big time to keep him. You also wanted to trade Morrison to get rid of his contract. So maybe you should move to Florida at least you would have a team that has won a championship.

daleja424
07-14-2008, 10:10 PM
the mod moved the Hamilton thread... whats wrong with this guy... we should complain

noturnormalhero
07-14-2008, 10:11 PM
How is Odom and Marion garbage? Charlotte were trying to trade Wallace for TJ Ford. They must not think too highly of Felton, you would not have wasted a pick on DJ, when you needed a big man. Okafor wants to walk on you and you will have to pay big time to keep him. You also wanted to trade Morrison to get rid of his contract. So maybe you should move to Florida at least you would have a team that has won a championship.

damn. :hi5:

fins08
07-14-2008, 10:15 PM
Yeah, why is it in the Heat forum. It has nothin to do with us.

Diehardheatfan
07-14-2008, 10:16 PM
odom might be garbage but not marion. Odom is inconsisent and soft. Garbage

noturnormalhero
07-14-2008, 10:16 PM
You guys are dreaming why would the warriors trade their only center and a guy that can play 3 positions for a older player that can't even play PF in the west. You know the west that is so much better and tougher than the east, where people that are 7 feet tall play you know that west. And a monta trade isn't going to happen either unless we got wade in the deal.

haha@ you comparing ellis to wade. that's amazing. The west yes, is a tougher conference hands down. but undersized players still hold it down there too so it's not all about 7 footers. Elton brand wasnt 7 feet and the clippers and warriors would DIE to have him. the warriors arent going to contend for a few more years with the departure of baron davis. ask a GS state fan, they'll tell you the same thing. getting marion allows you to build around a vet opposed to ellis and biedrins. unless you rather build a franchise around a rookie over vets....cuz then you'd be a cavs fan. and you could see how well that's worked out for them. marion fits that style and provides defensive presence which in the "better and tougher" league..it's useful to have.

daleja424
07-14-2008, 10:17 PM
Yeah, why is it in the Heat forum. It has nothin to do with us.

B/c I put it there. It was a story that everyone should hear! It had like 12 posts in 6 minutes and no one had a problem with it but the mod still canned it. Who cares if its about the heat? We are heat fans and we were talking about an amazing sports story!

-The heat are on off season...there is only so much heat stuff to talk about...

fins08
07-14-2008, 10:19 PM
Put it in the Marlins foum. I am watchin it and it is a great story, but you made this thread to keep the thread count down in our forum, but now we have a baseball thread in the forum?

daleja424
07-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Put it in the Marlins foum. I am watchin it and it is a great story, but you made this thread to keep the thread count down in our forum, but now we have a baseball thread in the forum?

who cares! Its not the 3000th trade Marion for blah blah blah thread. It was actual news...and an actual story and the marlins thread, unfortunately is lame... I try to go on all the time but no one is ever there!

nolin
07-14-2008, 11:15 PM
marion and 2009 1rd pick for AK47, Kosta koufos and Fesenko?

DQL
07-14-2008, 11:25 PM
marion and 2009 1rd pick for AK47, Kosta koufos and Fesenko?

we don't have 2009 first round pick. We only have 2 2nds

greek miami hea
07-15-2008, 10:32 AM
wade for ellis????yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miami_Megatron
07-15-2008, 10:33 AM
-Marion/extras for Okafor/(Felton or Wallace) or -Marion for Artest/Miller

greek miami hea
07-15-2008, 10:34 AM
im just joking!!!!!!!!!!!never!!!!miami = wade.keep dreaming!!!wade wont leave miami