PDA

View Full Version : Andris Biedris

cali72888
07-13-2008, 08:46 AM
what do you guys think we are going to do with biedris?
ive heard rumors of him going to the heat for marion, you think the W's would give up biedris and harrington for marion and possibly another player like haslem?

if we picked up marion then we would have the highest scoring team in the nba no doubt with the lineup of

Pg-ellis-(20.2ppg)
Sg-jackson(20.1ppg)
Sf-maggette-(22.1pg)
Pf-marion-(15.4 ppg, 10rpg, compared to biedris at 10,9)
C-wright(????ppg, i believe he is capable of putting up numbers very simalar to biedis, if not better, lets just say he puts up 10ppg).

sounds like a pretty good team to me, but with the subtraction of biedris do you think we could compete with the jazz, spurs, suns, lakers, blazers, hornets who all have quality bigs in the post.
is marions defence good enough to shut down opposing bigs??

greek miami hea
07-13-2008, 09:22 AM
i dont know about the marions trade.but it would help both teams.we need a c.u need a proven all sta olympic type of player.then marion is ur man!

SFSportsGeek
07-13-2008, 12:11 PM
The article states that the Warriors are offering Harringon and "appear reluctant to include restricted free agent center Andris Biedrins in a sign-and-trade." Ya Think! Harrington and your only legitimate center for a 6'7" power forward. Sorry but this trade proposal and the Miami article is ludicrous.

Kdirt
07-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Its tough to include Biedrins and Harrington. They are our 2 most court ready big men. If we had some depth there I would do it, but its tough to pull the trigger unless It was a 3 way deal and we got a Center aswell.

garlicboy
07-13-2008, 12:34 PM
ive heard rumors of him going to the heat for marion, you think the W's would give up biedris and harrington for marion and possibly another player like haslem?

if we picked up marion then we would have the highest scoring team in the nba no doubt with the lineup of

Pg-ellis-(20.2ppg)
Sg-jackson(20.1ppg)
Sf-maggette-(22.1pg)
C-wright(????ppg, i believe he is capable of putting up numbers very simalar to biedis, if not better, lets just say he puts up 10ppg).

sounds like a pretty good team to me, but with the subtraction of biedris do you think we could compete with the jazz, spurs, suns, lakers, blazers, hornets who all have quality bigs in the post.

YOU DO NOT TRADE YOUR ONLY CENTER,(A YOUNG AND GOOD ONE AT THAT) AND START AN UNPROVEN 205 POUND POWER FORWARD AT CENTER!!!

garlicboy
07-13-2008, 12:40 PM

Pg-ellis-(20.2ppg)
Sg-jackson(20.1ppg)
Sf-maggette-(22.1pg)

YOU DO NOT TRADE YOUR ONLY CENTER,(A YOUNG AND GOOD ONE AT THAT) AND START AN UNPROVEN 205 POUND POWER FORWARD AT CENTER!!! THAT'S INSANE!!!

We couldn't compete with the Jazz, Lakers or Spurs last year with Biedrins and Baron. How do we compete getting smaller. Everytime we play these teams, we make Odom, Gasol, Boozer, Duncan, Camby, Martin, etc. look like the reincarnation of Bill Russell cause they snag 20 or more rebounds against us. It's disgusting.

Even with Baron Davis we couldn't make the playoffs last year because we couldn't stop anybody on the inside.

DO NOT TRADE AWAY BIEDRINS!!! He's the 2nd most important player on our team behind Monta.

Defense and Rebounding people, defense and rebounding.

Jimmy3702
07-13-2008, 01:13 PM
We will resign him and only trade him if it helps us longterm not a one year fix.

saint7888
07-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Ok idk, it looks good on paper but monta is no Barion Davis as far as being a point guard. I think monta was as good as he has been because teams were always tryin to stop BD. I think use need a PG and should put monta back at the 2.

And what about getting some 1 that playes defence?? Meggettee was given a lot of money he had better play both sides of the ball.

If I were a W's fan I would want to go after Josh Smith to play PF instead of Marrion.

with an addition of Meggette, and possiably Smith. I would try and work a sign and trade w/ your center, can't think of how to spell his name so I'm not even gonna try. Send him and jackson to chicago for kirk and Tyrius Thomas.

Hinerick
Ellis
Meggette
Smith
Thomas

That would be a good starting 5

Tmac416
07-13-2008, 03:32 PM
omg. the aritcle is not right. there ar eno cources. HOW many more intervies and aritcles have to be written before some of you get in your head. MUllen direct quote, we will do whatever it takes get monta and biedrins back. we will match any offer" en quote. and he has siad that almos once a day for the last week and evenb before the season is voer. we never trade beidrins for a one eyar rental on a guy that cant be pf in the west. so please some of you, get a freakin clue, go read or listen to what nellie and mullen are actually saying and soing and come back from fantasy land becuase marion makes no sense on this team and he isnt coming here

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Ok idk, it looks good on paper but monta is no Barion Davis as far as being a point guard. I think monta was as good as he has been because teams were always tryin to stop BD. I think use need a PG and should put monta back at the 2.

And what about getting some 1 that playes defence?? Meggettee was given a lot of money he had better play both sides of the ball.

If I were a W's fan I would want to go after Josh Smith to play PF instead of Marrion.

with an addition of Meggette, and possiably Smith. I would try and work a sign and trade w/ your center, can't think of how to spell his name so I'm not even gonna try. Send him and jackson to chicago for kirk and Tyrius Thomas.

Hinerick
Ellis
Meggette
Smith
Thomas

Your comments dont make sense... SJax and Biedrins who are both good at their positions for a mediocre pg in hinrich and back up power forward in thomas??? That trade would be saving us money but put us in more of a rebuilding mode... dumb proposal, glad u stated ur not a warrior fan (we can tell)

Biedrins does not need to be included in any trade cause we do not have depth at the center position. Getting turiaf is a good pick up for depth at bench. He is not good enough to start.

Any trade should include harrington and mulitple draft picks, not your best player at a position where you need to improve on and add depth...

garlicboy
07-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Your comments dont make sense... SJax and Biedrins who are both good at their positions for a mediocre pg in hinrich and back up power forward in thomas??? That trade would be saving us money but put us in more of a rebuilding mode... dumb proposal, glad u stated ur not a warrior fan (we can tell)

Biedrins does not need to be included in any trade cause we do not have depth at the center position. Getting turiaf is a good pick up for depth at bench. He is not good enough to start.

Any trade should include harrington and mulitple draft picks, not your best player at a position where you need to improve on and add depth...

Not too mention, Turiaf is not on our team yet. We won't know until Friday.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Not too mention, Turiaf is not on our team yet. We won't know until Friday.

you are right... if the lakers match our offer it will cost them 10 mill since they are over the cap.. but this is another topic :clap:

PolloLoco
07-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Wow, this would be terrible. People have beaten all the major points. Miami would get a steal. A young, improving center vs. a guy too small to play power forward.

Kdirt
07-14-2008, 11:53 AM

Hinerick
Ellis
Meggette
Smith
Thomas

Do me a favor. Go to school, learn how to spell, and then you can post a thread again. You misspelled everyones name in the whole thread. Can there be an entrance exam before you can post, please????

Saltinuts40
07-14-2008, 12:42 PM

Hinerick
Ellis
Meggette
Smith
Thomas

The only thing worse than this idea is your spelling. Tyrus Thomas would be a horrible center.

gouldjg
07-14-2008, 01:21 PM
whys yoo all h8ten on spellin n watnott?

gouldjg
07-14-2008, 01:24 PM
Just kidding. I can't stand it when people want others to take their opinions seriously, but can't spell worth a damn, nor use proper grammar.

You don't have to be perfect, but at least make it appear like you are trying to spell something correctly.