PDA

View Full Version : All But Dirk

nowitzkidog41
07-13-2008, 03:46 AM
are complete garbage. Dallas really needs to just auction off everybody they can but Nowitzki. Its pretty sad to see one player having to do everything for the team to have any chance to win. Howard has shown time and time again when its time to step up he just fades away into the background. Kidd just got abused by Paul the whole series and has shown hes on par with Ben Wallace in terms of scoring ability. Terry is so inconsistent and can hit the open jay on occasion.. thats about all. And Dont get me started on Dampier. Point is i dont get how whenever the Mavericks lose all i here is Dirk didnt step up or didnt do enough for his team to win.. How much does 1 guy have to do to earn any respect?? And whenever the Mavericks win its because they have a good "team". Who are we foolin, the team is one guy and its time to move these crappy players for ones who can actually help and contribute. Just look at the last playoff series
Nowitzki: 26.8 PPG 47.3 FG% 12.0 REB 4.0 AST 1.4 BLK
Howard: 12.6 PPG 29.2 FG% 7.0 REB 1.4 AST 0.4 ST/BLK
Terry: 15.8 PPG 43.3 FG% 1.6 REB 4.8 AST 0.4 ST 0.2 BLK
Kidd: 8.6 PPG 42.1 FG% 6.4 REB 6.8 AST 1.4 ST 0.4 BLK
Dampier: 3.6 PPG 41.2 FG% 4.2 REB 0.0 AST 0.2 ST 0.6 BLK
Despite all this i hear the Mavericks are now Kidd's team.. or that they win becuz they are deep. WTF ARE U PPL TALKIN ABOUT!? Look at the stats. They win games becuz of Nowitzki and him alone. The rest of this team is absolute garbage and will not make the finals again untill they get rid of them. Its sad but its true. Time to make some changes Cuban!!
PS Howard once ur gone. You can smoke a blunt with me anytime

ashy84
07-13-2008, 08:47 AM
^^
Yawn....
Another post that spits out the same old rubbish.
Do you think they aren't working on a deal?
I bet an Artest conversation is probably at the enquiry stages.

Yes we bummed out in the finals twice. Big woop.
Yes everyone but Dirk lit up. But it was the same for every team.
Kobe and the Lakers/Bostons road to the finals. Who cares.

No major moves need to happen outside of shredding scrap contract and the log jam of swing men for picks or a quality role-player.
There aren't many moves I would consider advantages.

ragee
07-13-2008, 09:16 AM
I can agree with you about this team but only to a certain degree...

I think Dirk does not get the credit he deserves and gets blamed for every bad thing that happens to this team... He is a hard worker... He adds something to his game every season... People say he should not be considered to be one of the top big men in the league today... They are wrong... Dirk is one of the best players in the league... He can do a lot of different things... He can shoot the ball anywhere on the floor, He can shoot free throws, He can rebound, He can dribble, He can drive, he can pass and HE CAN PLAY GOOD TEAM DEFENSE...

People say a team with Dirk as their main guy can't win a championship because he chokes... Where is the basis on that? I think the only legit basis for that is when they lost to Miami in the NBA finals... That is not enough though... Some guys will say that the last two early playoff exits can be considered... I don't agree with them... IN the Warriors' series, I believe that if the opposing coach knows a hell of a lot about you and they will triple team you all through out the game, any player can't really do much out of it... On the Hornets' series, the rest of the team choked... Not Dirk... Dirk is a great player and I hope he can win a championship in his prime...

I would like to trade a lot of thier players like Erica, Jet, and the rest of the old people... However, I still believe in some of the other players... Particularly Bass and Howard...

Bass I think is a good player and will only improve in the following years... There are just two reasons why I would trade him... First, because he is in the same position and I think we can't maximize his potential coz he will have limited limits... Second reason is if we are going to get a really good player in return and can contribute significant numbers... A player who has a lot of heart and can close out games...

Now, lets go to Howard... I know a lot of people hates Josh because of the things he did last season... However, it is normal for players to make mistakes... I think Howard just hit a bump on the road last season but he will continue to improve and will become better...

Another player I like in this team is Diop... He is a good defender...

With all that being said, I don't think the Maverick fans should give up on them just yet... We still have a chance... The road to the championship this season will be really hard compared to the previous seasons but we still have a chance... We have a new coach who I think is good... The offense will be set to compliment Kidd's talent... The voids that we had last season such as lack of sgs and a back up center has been fixed... I just hope Green can turn out to be another Bass and Foster can develop into a good sg... Wish the Mavs the best of luck!

swells2048
07-13-2008, 09:18 AM
it looks like young2kinsler changed his name.

I love how some fans think our team is crap, but supposedly every other team is dying to have our crap and we can just trade or release them at will and get better players in return.

Young2Kinsler
07-13-2008, 12:47 PM
it looks like young2kinsler changed his name.

I love how some fans think our team is crap, but supposedly every other team is dying to have our crap and we can just trade or release them at will and get better players in return.

What are you talking about other teams want our crap? Thats the thing, no one is even interested in Mavs players. I don't think Dirk is the only good player on the roster, but the guy is right, this team isn't going anywhere with this roster.

ragee
07-13-2008, 01:21 PM
What are you talking about other teams want our crap? Thats the thing, no one is even interested in Mavs players. I don't think Dirk is the only good player on the roster, but the guy is right, this team isn't going anywhere with this roster.

Hey, Y2K, if you were the Mavs' GM, What will you do? Who will you keep and who will you trade? Who will you try to get? What will you do with Kidd? Trade him or give it one more try? Just curious... Coz you said that you are a Maverick fan and you just don't like the current roster so you are just hating right now...

swells2048
07-13-2008, 02:37 PM

Let me break it down really simple for you. He was saying everyone but Dirk is garbage. And that he would trade them all for better players.

Are you with me so far. I'm trying to go slow.

If our players are garbage, how are we supposed to trade them for better players? Do other teams want our garbage? That is what he is implying.

Now before you respond read it again even slower so you get it. I don't want you to be confused.

So my statement was "I love how some fans think our team is crap, but supposedly every other team is dying to have our crap and we can just trade or release them at will and get better players in return."

Now do you get it? He says he is a fan. He thinks the team is crap. But he knows of some miracle way of trading garbage and getting gold. Do you get that analogy. Do I need to define analogy for you?

You say the same things. Howard needs to go. Well tell us where and for who? You make it sound so easy and that this organization is crap for not trading him, but yet you rip every proposal. You can't say every trade is crap, and then rip ownership for not making a move.

#1Mavericksfan
07-13-2008, 04:11 PM
WOW! another fan who doesn't like the Mavs and thinks everybody on the Mavs should be traded, some of these guys on the mavs aren't going anywhere because they have huge contracts and no other team is gonna take them, oh and Josh Howard isn't going anywhere.

Spurred1
07-14-2008, 03:05 PM
I was actually all for trading Howard shortly after the playoffs, but I am interested to see how he could work out for Carlisle. He cannot be traded just for the sake of being traded-the Mavs need a good player in return. Kidd was never brought in to be a scoring option-to my knowledge, he is not known for scoring, but some people expect him to be a prolific scorer. I'm not sure what will happen with this current roster, but it isn't like it's the sad sack Knicks or something.

Lone Maverick
07-15-2008, 08:43 AM
To add my two cents to this. I agree that Dirk doesn't get the credit he deserves, and more often than not he pulls his weight and THEN some, the only time he didn't that immediately comes to mind is against the Heat (DUH). However I wouldn't necessarily say that the rest of the team is garbage. Josh Howard had a rough 07-08 , expect him to rebound this year, Bass is earning his keep, Jet still is able to produce for them, Kidd is a walking triple double (and I want to see what he does with them with a full training camp under their belts). There are some guys that REALLY need to step it up. Dampier immediately comes to mind, Stack, and Jones.

To sum it up Dirk is most definitely their best player and he played/s with a FEW duds but he has a fair amount of talent around him.

mrgerbik
07-15-2008, 11:30 AM
YEAH Y@K did get a new SN!! LOL. WASTE of a 1st post!

Guys I know it's hard to but ignoring them is the only way they will go away, from boredom of not getting to argue.

JordansBulls
07-15-2008, 05:40 PM
are complete garbage. Dallas really needs to just auction off everybody they can but Nowitzki. Its pretty sad to see one player having to do everything for the team to have any chance to win. Howard has shown time and time again when its time to step up he just fades away into the background. Kidd just got abused by Paul the whole series and has shown hes on par with Ben Wallace in terms of scoring ability. Terry is so inconsistent and can hit the open jay on occasion.. thats about all. And Dont get me started on Dampier. Point is i dont get how whenever the Mavericks lose all i here is Dirk didnt step up or didnt do enough for his team to win.. How much does 1 guy have to do to earn any respect?? And whenever the Mavericks win its because they have a good "team". Who are we foolin, the team is one guy and its time to move these crappy players for ones who can actually help and contribute. Just look at the last playoff series
Nowitzki: 26.8 PPG 47.3 FG% 12.0 REB 4.0 AST 1.4 BLK
Howard: 12.6 PPG 29.2 FG% 7.0 REB 1.4 AST 0.4 ST/BLK
Terry: 15.8 PPG 43.3 FG% 1.6 REB 4.8 AST 0.4 ST 0.2 BLK
Kidd: 8.6 PPG 42.1 FG% 6.4 REB 6.8 AST 1.4 ST 0.4 BLK
Dampier: 3.6 PPG 41.2 FG% 4.2 REB 0.0 AST 0.2 ST 0.6 BLK
Despite all this i hear the Mavericks are now Kidd's team.. or that they win becuz they are deep. WTF ARE U PPL TALKIN ABOUT!? Look at the stats. They win games becuz of Nowitzki and him alone. The rest of this team is absolute garbage and will not make the finals again untill they get rid of them. Its sad but its true. Time to make some changes Cuban!!
PS Howard once ur gone. You can smoke a blunt with me anytime

Trade your spare parts for Vince Carter if you can or trade Stackhouse along with Eddie Jones for Artest.

mrmav
07-15-2008, 06:37 PM
I personally think the mavs are looking pretty good this season. I know thats boring but hey, short of a blockbuster trade I think they are heading into the season looking good.

When you actually think about it the WORST things on this team are the Diop/Damp tandem (Damp's contract being the very worst), Stackhouse's age, Terry's size, and Eddie Jones opting into another year.

Diop and Damp, although offensively inept, are a defensive force. (I bet Diop will score more than 5 ppg, maybe even 10 ppg with kidd.

Stack is a bit old, but i bet he will contribute significantly in the locker room (having played for carlisle before). I also wouldn't be surprised to see him contribute significantly (i.e. game winners or game icers) during the season and in the playoffs.

Terry will put up numbers, he's a baller. He's at least the 3rd option and he's deadly, so that makes up for his size. I like to see him get to the rim/around the basket a little bit more often.

And hey, if 4th string SG eddie jones is the biggest problem on the team I think they've got a shot.

I would like the mavs, if this season doesn't pan out real well, free up cap space and go after bosh or lebron in the whenever they're free agents. I think they should have a mixed attitude of win now/rebuild in a couple of years. If win now doesn't work, I don't think they should make drastic moves involving dirk, bass, howard, terry, diop, kidd unless they are lining up to make a serious run post 2010. Win now was last year and it didn't work. Don't give away talent!!!

Young2Kinsler
07-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Thinking Diop can score 10 PPG is laughable, maybe Damp, no way on Diop. Damp is better than Diop, so we signed him to 30 million to be a mediocre backup. Sad.

mrgerbik
07-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Diop is capable of scoring 10ppg with starting center mins now that Kidd is here. Will he? NO But he is CAPABLE.

y2k, how bout them rangers? 71/2 games back pfft lol what a waste of talent on that team! Get rid of em all, losers