PDA

View Full Version : Can't the Raps make a run for Artest?

lorenz00
07-12-2008, 11:06 PM
hey look we need a good scorer swing man cant the raps make a run for ron artest? we could offer our draft picks and give a garbage player like graham + 1 to 2 players more for salarycap purpose. ron artest makes around 8million.
i think we have a potential gettin ron artest if BC is aggresive to get artest

PG Calderon , Ukic
SG Parker , Kapono (the new guy from new Jersey)
SF Artest , Moon
PF Bosh , Bargani
C Oneil (draft pick hawaii)

assum we traded graham and humpries + draft picks

AK-50
07-12-2008, 11:15 PM
the "new guy from New Jersey" has a name

Hassan Adams

lorenz00
07-12-2008, 11:17 PM
the Hassan Adams it is xD

ramz.n
07-12-2008, 11:29 PM
what do we have to offer the Kings...if we trade for Artest we either have to add Parker or Kapono or Bargnani for the salaries to match...as much as i would love to see him here, dont think its going to be possible due to the luxury tax and the fact that Sacramento isn't going to trade him for garbage players, draft picks and role players, and Sacramento has no reason to trade him, they seem to have already have him Martin as the 1 2 punch

Bob_at_york
07-13-2008, 09:21 AM
we can't get artest.

North Yorker
07-13-2008, 09:32 AM
and besides wasnt it mile high that said it would be a very bad idea haveing JO and Artest on the same team again?

RaPToR_FeVeR
07-13-2008, 09:43 AM

And the draft pick your talking about is Nathan Jawai, not Hawaii...

reevanson
07-13-2008, 09:50 AM
No!

ramz.n
07-13-2008, 10:54 AM

lmao thats funny and another common mistake is spelling Calderone with an e on the end..when will people learn =P

blujaysrock
07-13-2008, 11:31 AM
i don't want him, i'd rather keep our draft picks and actually get a 1st rounder next season

AgentViet
07-13-2008, 11:36 AM
We should have done something like Artest for TJ Ford, but there's no way we can get him now.

blujaysrock
07-13-2008, 11:49 AM
We should have done something like Artest for TJ Ford, but there's no way we can get him now.

ya but JO for ford is better than artest for ford , because we have lacked a "big" man for a while

RAPS424
07-13-2008, 11:56 AM
hey look we need a good scorer swing man cant the raps make a run for ron artest? we could offer our draft picks and give a garbage player like graham + 1 to 2 players more for salarycap purpose. ron artest makes around 8million.

PG Calderon , Ukic
SF Artest , Moon
PF Bosh , Bargani

WE DONT EVEN HAVE A FULL ROSTER YET...AND WE ARE GONA MAKE ANOTHER 2 FOR 1 TRADE... AND BC HAS ALWAYS BEEN VERY OPEN ABOUT BRINGING IN CHARACTER GUYS..U THINK ARTEST FALLS UNDER THAT CATAGORY? WE DONT NEED ARTEST!!! AND I DONT THINK HE GETS ALONG WTIH O'NEAL..(BUT THAT......I COULD BE WRONG ABOUT)

mariotubes
07-13-2008, 12:19 PM
An Artest type player is exactly what Toronto needs, a wing player that can score AND defend

Young953
07-13-2008, 12:26 PM

PG Calderon , Ukic
SF Artest , Moon
PF Bosh , Bargani

**** no graham improved alot this year he will show his skill

greg_ory_2005
07-13-2008, 01:12 PM

:laugh2:

torontosports10
07-13-2008, 01:30 PM
If Grahm could ever play well he would be a perfect fit at the 3.

But no we cannot get Artest not a chance.

khanraymond
07-13-2008, 04:01 PM
Hmm. But what happens when Artest starts a fight so he get suspend to promote another album?

I'm more interested in bring guys with leadership qualities. We have to face reality - the Raptors are still a very young team. The addition of ONeal gives us some playoff experience and leadership, but I still think we could use a "glue guy" - like a James Posey (not him specifically, but his leadership and clutch play).

I was roaming around the Houston forum - a player on their roster I'm interested in is Shane Battier. Great defender, good leadership, and lacks the off-court drama that Artest would bring - but the problem is, when I inquiried about the price, most of the Houston fans said Bragnani - which maybe a little too high.

blujaysrock
07-13-2008, 04:04 PM
An Artest type player is exactly what Toronto needs, a wing player that can score AND defend

how about lebron :smoking: