PDA

View Full Version : Attention: Chill out, We are all Packers fans

hughest4
07-12-2008, 09:44 PM
In recent days i have noticed more and more tension in this forum and its understandable. This whole Favre situation has people all riled up, myself included. Still, i have noticed posts that are out of line, attacking other posters and thats not cool. To this point i have just been deleting them but eventually i will have to start giving out infractions and bans. I really don't want to do that because you are all Packers fans whether you believe it or not. Naturally some of you will have different viewpoints and argue, just don't bring it to the level of personal attack.

So just chill out guys!

socalpkrbkr
07-12-2008, 10:12 PM
The **** that's being talked on Rodgers in this forum is completely out of ****ing line.

The Green Bay Packers come first even though I love Brett and the Packers equally. How can you people not see it from the organizations stand point to this point?

Provided this is true:

Jay Glazer reports on foxsports.com that Brett Favre informed Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy in late March, just weeks after his retirement announcement, that he wanted to return. According to Glazer's sources, Thompson and McCarthy told Favre they would welcome him back. They planned to fly to Mississippi and make it official later that week, but then Favre phoned the team two days before the meeting and said he had changed his mind again and was staying retired.

TT is not the guy flip flopping with what he wants. Brett shouldn't need to be told "we want you back." That people is a given and he was still under contract. You think the Packers would release Brett instead of telling him hey your done as the Packers QB. NO ****ING WAY!

It was always Brett's job until he decided it wasn't, because he was tired of the grind. I respected that and literally cried with him.

I would love to see Brett QB for our team for the remainder of his contract.

You guys need to put your emotions on the side for a minute and think about the situation Ted and Mike were put in by the story Jay Glazer reported. If Brett said he was coming back and then he backs out, he's in the wrong. We drafted based on the fact that he wasn't coming back. Sure it may be just an extra draft pick wasted on Flynn but at the same time how can anyone be certain that we would have selected the players we did in this draft. I still think we would have drafted Brohm but the rest is up in the air.

The situation sucks all the way around but the **** being talked on TT for this situation is gay. That's not saying I'm in love with Ted or his way of doing things but for **** sakes whats he supposed to do when Brett changed his mind again?

twelvePack
07-12-2008, 10:23 PM
I'll say this, "The majority of the Packer fans are pissed off right now, and rightfully so." This is a HUGE deal, and I would hope that authoritative representatives of this website are big enough sports fans to understand that.

servais77
07-12-2008, 10:31 PM
www.bringbackbrettfavre.com

Go here...Fight the Fight.

hughest4
07-12-2008, 10:36 PM
I'll say this, "The majority of the Packer fans are pissed off right now, and rightfully so." This is a HUGE deal, and I would hope that authoritative representatives of this website are big enough sports fans to understand that.

I agree with you 100% and i realize all of us are mad and upset to some extent about this whole situation. Thats why i can care less if you show your anger in posts or argue with each other. The problem i have is when people start insulting and baiting each other. Trust me, i'm not trying to infract/ban any of you guys

twelvePack
07-12-2008, 11:04 PM
I agree with you 100% and i realize all of us are mad and upset to some extent about this whole situation. Thats why i can care less if you show your anger in posts or argue with each other. The problem i have is when people start insulting and baiting each other. Trust me, i'm not trying to infract/ban any of you guys

I understand hughest, you don't want the insults to start flying.

iam brett favre
07-13-2008, 09:41 AM
Yeah I dont mind arguing but fighting with fellow packers fans aint right.

ryanph30
07-13-2008, 03:14 PM
The **** that's being talked on Rodgers in this forum is completely out of ****ing line.

The Green Bay Packers come first even though I love Brett and the Packers equally. How can you people not see it from the organizations stand point to this point?

Provided this is true:

Jay Glazer reports on foxsports.com that Brett Favre informed Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy in late March, just weeks after his retirement announcement, that he wanted to return. According to Glazer's sources, Thompson and McCarthy told Favre they would welcome him back. They planned to fly to Mississippi and make it official later that week, but then Favre phoned the team two days before the meeting and said he had changed his mind again and was staying retired.

TT is not the guy flip flopping with what he wants. Brett shouldn't need to be told "we want you back." That people is a given and he was still under contract. You think the Packers would release Brett instead of telling him hey your done as the Packers QB. NO ****ING WAY!

It was always Brett's job until he decided it wasn't, because he was tired of the grind. I respected that and literally cried with him.

I would love to see Brett QB for our team for the remainder of his contract.

You guys need to put your emotions on the side for a minute and think about the situation Ted and Mike were put in by the story Jay Glazer reported. If Brett said he was coming back and then he backs out, he's in the wrong. We drafted based on the fact that he wasn't coming back. Sure it may be just an extra draft pick wasted on Flynn but at the same time how can anyone be certain that we would have selected the players we did in this draft. I still think we would have drafted Brohm but the rest is up in the air.

The situation sucks all the way around but the **** being talked on TT for this situation is gay. That's not saying I'm in love with Ted or his way of doing things but for **** sakes whats he supposed to do when Brett changed his mind again?

Good post. I agree 100%. :clap:

socalpkrbkr
07-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Good post. I agree 100%. :clap:

Thank you, I appreciate that.:up:

Packerbacker
07-17-2008, 11:01 AM
"TT is not the guy flip flopping with what he wants. Brett shouldn't need to be told "we want you back." That people is a given and he was still under contract. You think the Packers would release Brett instead of telling him hey your done as the Packers QB. NO ****ING WAY! "

It actually wasn't a given, just cause he was under contract, they never brought anyone in to help him out, always just used the draft. And no they couldn't release him especially after the year he just had, but if they wanted him back they would've called him weekly like they have in past years and kept asking to come back.

"It was always Brett's job until he decided it wasn't, because he was tired of the grind."

Yeah, In March. not even 2 months after the last game of course he was tired then. TT should've told him Brett take your time, there's no hurry, let me know when you're ready. and if it was always Brett's job than why would they make him a backup??

"We drafted based on the fact that he wasn't coming back. Sure it may be just an extra draft pick wasted on Flynn but at the same time how can anyone be certain that we would have selected the players we did in this draft"

TT wastes 4-5 Draft picks every year, hell, look what he has done with our first round picks that past 2 years. Oh thank you Ted for being so savy in the draft, way to take a 3rd round talent in the first, no one saw that coming, your so clever.

"The situation sucks all the way around but the **** being talked on TT for this situation is gay. That's not saying I'm in love with Ted or his way of doing things but for **** sakes whats he supposed to do when Brett changed his mind again?"

He's suppose to take him back and say "Holy ****, thankyou for coming back and for playing so well last year you got me an extension. Gee wiz brett if it weren't for you I would've been fired by the end of this year."
HE'S BRETT FAVRE!!!! WE COULD WIN THE SUPER BOWL!!!! THERE SHOULD BE NO ARGUMENT WE HAVE BRETT BACK!!!

wissportsfan
07-17-2008, 05:23 PM
I'm done arguing and I realize about half of the insults were from me or directed at me. So at least this forum will "chill" a little.

SamG187
07-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Yea I posted a pretty harsh one the other day and apologized right after I did, I just can't stand that because I want Favre back people say im in cahoots with other guys on here to run people off..And for the record, JUST BECAUSE I WANT FAVRE BACK DOESNT MEAN I THINK A ROD IS GOING TO FLOP..

jwdaly07
07-17-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm done arguing and I realize about half of the insults were from me or directed at me. So at least this forum will "chill" a little.
I'd say about 25% were dealing with you, the other 75 was stuff between me, Ryan Diesel and twelvePack.

Packerbacker
07-18-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm trying not to insult people, but just give an argument on the point of view. I appologise if I have targeted anyone personally.

SINCITYCHEEZE
07-28-2008, 07:26 PM
Don't think that it's just happening here at your site,I post over at packersplanet.com and it's bad over there also.This whole situation has just gotten out of hand.On Both Sides.Unfortunatly we as fans seem to be paying a higher price than we should have to.Things will work themselves out and we will be able to concentrate on whats important,PACKER FOOTBALL SEASON!

bone2905
07-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Did any one catch donal driver on sport center they asked him what he would do if brett farve came to camp and he siad "The man is a legend and we would welcome him back instantly" it seems like the vets want him back al harris and barrnet both seem to give that same impression when asked about it. I swear if the pack do bad this year at some piont this season the team vets wil turn on managment and the coaches,good luck boys hope brett is their on the bench waiting 2 help u guys, what a joke this has become the all time wins leader as a QB a back up TT u idot

AFlagRules
07-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Did any one catch donal driver on sport center they asked him what he would do if brett farve came to camp and he siad "The man is a legend and we would welcome him back instantly" it seems like the vets want him back al harris and barrnet both seem to give that same impression when asked about it. I swear if the pack do bad this year at some piont this season the team vets wil turn on managment and the coaches,good luck boys hope brett is their on the bench waiting 2 help u guys, what a joke this has become the all time wins leader as a QB a back up TT u idot

The veterans are the smart ones. WHY will they turn on management? Favre retired, management didn't force him to retire. So why would the veterans be angry with management? The veterans are here to help guide Rodgers. This is a team, if Rodgers struggles, its likely the team will. Players won't just suddenly go crazy and start blaming management for anything.

AFlagRules
07-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Why are you posting in the, "Attention: Chill out, We are all Packer fans" thread????This has nothing to do with Bears.

I think the question is already answered by me even posting here at all....Haha, you guys make me laugh. Apparently you guys having nothing better to do, oh well....

mortgageman
07-29-2008, 12:00 AM
I thought training camp was suppose to be a fresh start on the rode to the super bowl? Doesn't Favre give us the best chance to achieve that goal?Ted Thompson is already throwing in the towel for the whole season by not putting the best product on the field which would be Favre as quarterback.I know they keep making comparissons to Joe Montana going to Kansas City at the end but be honest we don't have Steve Young comming up either.I know i'm a win now type of guy but as a Packer fan don't we want the best team to be on the field? However I do think both Favre and the managment are acting like children.Just thought I'd put my two cents in.

wissportsfan
07-29-2008, 01:45 AM

Pretty much no matter what happens the team is going to be set for a downfall. It's near impossible to make everyone happy in this situation.

mr. burns
08-07-2008, 09:29 AM
all this BS about the reason managemetn moved on is because favre retired is getting me sick. the whole situation makes more sense when you look at it as favre retired BECAUSE management had already moved on. favre was shown the door from the minute thompson came to green bay. every body complains about how wishy washy favre is and what a diva favre is with out ever wondering why he was never a diva or wishy washy about anything for the 13 years before thompson came. I think thompson has been a great GM in teh way he's handled everything except the favre issue. My bet is now that he's away from thompson favre has no problem announcing he'll be back for the 2009 season and maybe even for the 2010 season.

mr. burns
08-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Pretty much no matter what happens the team is going to be set for a downfall. It's near impossible to make everyone happy in this situation.

packers beat the jets in the super bowl. favre looks great but the packers win anyway.

I'm not holding my breath, but a man can dream

Jambox5000
08-09-2008, 12:07 AM
packers beat the jets in the super bowl. favre looks great but the packers win anyway.

I'm not holding my breath, but a man can dream

I had a dream just like this the other night!! Kidding, I guess I'm upset you came up with it first....