PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun....

DreamShaker
07-12-2008, 09:17 PM
Which current NBA players do you think will be top 20 NBA players by the time thier careers are over?? Now I would say 3 guys....Kobe, Shaq, and Duncan....are already there....KG is close....and Iverson and Kidd i'm sure can be thrown in the debate if you value current players morte than older players....but what guys do you tyhink will reach this status by the time thier careers asre over?

bostncelts34
07-12-2008, 09:21 PM
kobe, shaq, duncan, KG is high-teens. then kidd/iverson is border line 20.

18colts29
07-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Chris Paul

spurhead
07-12-2008, 09:58 PM
kobe shaq and duncan i can seee all of them in top 10, if not top 15.
lebron for sure has a great chance of being top 20.
if chris paul continues playing at this high level, he has a great chance of being top 20 .
if KG happens to win another ring, then he would crack the top 20, but most likely would be border line top 20 .

dubs9erA's
07-12-2008, 10:03 PM
garnett should have been in the top 20 talent wise 7 footer who do what he can but he has slightly underacheived ,unless boston wins 2-3 more titles and he is the main reason.................duncan is overated to me

Iodine
07-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Shaq, Kobe, Duncan as of right now

JOE WE WANT 27
07-12-2008, 10:04 PM
i definitly say paul kobe duncan kg shaq im not to sure about a.i. or kidd

GregOden#1
07-12-2008, 10:12 PM
AI isn't top 40

knicks religion
07-12-2008, 10:30 PM
AI is up there

dougie5627
07-12-2008, 10:32 PM
if d howard keeps progressing expect him to be thrown in the debate along with lbj and cp3

marques724
07-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Lebron. Paul. KG

Jay22Redd
07-12-2008, 11:12 PM
LBJ and CP3

DreamShaker
07-12-2008, 11:19 PM
Some of you may crucify me for this....but on talent alone....Durant has a shot....not saying I would call it likely or a probability at this juncture....but he has a shot....

ManRam
07-12-2008, 11:35 PM
Kobe, Shaq and Duncan are all ready IMO.

KG is borderline, but not top 20. I think Nash is the next closest, along with Kidd and maybe Iverson. Those three are probably in the late 30s to 40s though. I prefer Nash to Kidd.

James will be top 20 without a doubt when he's done.

Howard and Paul are the only others right now I can see getting there...but I don't think they will. Too early to tell.

ra8erfan111
07-13-2008, 12:06 AM
Duncan, Shaq, Kobe and Lebron. And Chris Paul will be there without a doubt if he keeps doing what he is doing. He makes the game look so "big easy"!

freedas
07-13-2008, 12:24 AM
Which current NBA players do you think will be top 20 NBA players by the time thier careers are over?? Now I would say 3 guys....Kobe, Shaq, and Duncan....are already there....KG is close....and Iverson and Kidd i'm sure can be thrown in the debate if you value current players morte than older players....but what guys do you tyhink will reach this status by the time thier careers asre over?

lebron lebron lebron
dwight howard

Westbrook36
07-13-2008, 12:27 AM
I think Duncan,Shaq,Kobe are already top 20's. I think KG is top 25 Maybe top 20 Could get higher with another ring. Allen Iverson can make that top 20/30 spot

lorenz00
07-13-2008, 01:15 AM
lerbron james
carmelo anthony
dywane wade
chris bosh
dwight howard
chris paul

there not in order but thats my list!

Vinny642
07-13-2008, 03:04 AM
Old Players-
Shaq
Kobe
T.D.

New Players-
Cp3
King James
D-Will

Dirty Dirk41
07-13-2008, 11:46 AM
Duncan, Shaq, K.G, Lebron, Kobe

dont want to put dwight or Cp3 or melo just yet...they need more years of dominace.

phillychi009
07-13-2008, 11:56 AM
lerbron james
carmelo anthony
dywane wade
chris bosh
dwight howard
chris paul

there not in order but thats my list!

I dont think Anthony and Bosh should be on that list

AntwanN21
07-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Chris Paul
Lebron James
Chris Bosh
D-wade(if healthy)
Dwight Howard
Carmelol Anthony
Andre Igoudala
Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett
Kobe Bryant
Shaquille Oneal
Amare Stoudemire(if they win a championship)
Andre Kirileinko
Shawn Marion
Arenas
Mcgrady
Artest
Elton Brand
Dirk Nowistki
Steve Nash
Jose Calderon

RAFAEL ARAUJO :):):)

chicagowhitesox
07-13-2008, 01:45 PM
LeBron, CP3, Dwight Howard possibly

SwaggaIke
07-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Shaq is a top ten player of all time IMO. Kobe should make it to the top 5. LeBron is only 23 and doing things that haven't been seen since Oscar. He'll be a top 10 player if he stays reasonably healthy. And I like the physical tools that Durant has.

_Sn1P3r_
07-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Shaq is a top ten player of all time IMO. Kobe should make it to the top 5. LeBron is only 23 and doing things that haven't been seen since Oscar. He'll be a top 10 player if he stays reasonably healthy. And I like the physical tools that Durant has.

LeBron is already dominating the NBA at such a young age. It's scary to think what he'll become if he stays healthy and gets older. LeBron will for sure be a top ten player.

MiamiHeat
07-13-2008, 04:03 PM
wade lebron cp3

king4day
07-13-2008, 07:53 PM
Some of you may crucify me for this....but on talent alone....Durant has a shot....not saying I would call it likely or a probability at this juncture....but he has a shot....

There's nothing wrong wth that pick. He still has to develope his identity, so ina few years this may seem more logical. His biggest need is to get some muscle on him.

Wade3
07-13-2008, 07:56 PM
LeBron, Wade, CP3, and Howard

west_15ryan
07-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Tracy Mcgrady will be up there if he can ever get past the first round

Iodine
07-13-2008, 08:36 PM
No he wont

clehmun
07-13-2008, 09:04 PM
are we talking about top 20 of all time?

it's too hard to say.
a lot of people are naming like 5-6 people.
kobe, duncan, shaq, kg, lebron, howard, cp3, wade, howard etc.
thats pushing it. thats 9 players already.

who's on the top 20 now? if those 9 players are top 20 of all time when they retire, which 9 player who are now in the top 20 that's gona be dethroned?

i don't think KG, howard, wade, will become top 20 of all time. and to some people that much be devastating to hear. and you'll argue and argue and and try to back your player and say why he's better than so and so...

but not making top 20 doesn't mean he's a bad player.
just remember, who is howard, wade, KG, cp3, etc better in the top 20 now to replace them on the list?

AutomaticWeezy
07-13-2008, 09:14 PM
What about Stephon Marbury. LOL

Crunchy12489
07-14-2008, 05:33 AM
You guys are seriously playing the **** out of AI.

Like real talk.

I don't see Kobe/Duncan/KG under Mike in PPG, nor do I see any of them as 2nd highest playoff scorer. Rookie of the year, led league twice in steals, lead league 4 times in scoring, 2 time all-star MVP, MVP.. God damn...

Just because he doesn't have a ring people play the **** out of him

Everyone on PTI/Around the Horn had a discussion about this man (along with C-Webb but he didn't make it), and it's already in the books.. He's a sure HOF'er

You guys keep putting the youth ahead of him.. Sure he's 33 but he said it himself, he feels like the first day coming into the league...

Open your ****in eyes.

You younger audiences really piss me off...

Im out

TMAC94
07-14-2008, 08:41 AM
^^ you love ai dont you?

Crunchy12489
07-14-2008, 09:40 AM
^^ you love ai dont you?

It's not that I'm a homer, it just really pisses me off to see people not give him his props. Like the world forgot about him. It seems like he's being underrated by people nowadays.

That's like not including T-Mac as the top shooting guards in the NBA. That's one of your favorite players, so don't even lie.

I just don't see how you can exclude the answer. It really pisses me off. Then again, like 85% of the people on these boards are young, so of course they are going to favor Chris Paul (my favorite point guard, no bias), Deron Williams, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo, and LeBron. Hell yeah these guys are among the best in the league, but you can't leave out that 6 foot guy who has been dominating the league since 96. I can speak for AI because I have been watching him since his first day in the league.

For everyone on PTI/Around The Horn/Stephen A Smith/Isiah Thomas to agree that he's a guaranteed HOF'er, I don't see how anyone can leave him out of the list. Last time I checked, he's top 10 in everything he focuses his game on.

He's not the best all-around player in the league, no, but come on man you can't leave him out.

pebloemer
07-14-2008, 10:12 AM
It's not that I'm a homer, it just really pisses me off to see people not give him his props. Like the world forgot about him. It seems like he's being underrated by people nowadays.

That's like not including T-Mac as the top shooting guards in the NBA. That's one of your favorite players, so don't even lie.

I just don't see how you can exclude the answer. It really pisses me off. Then again, like 85% of the people on these boards are young, so of course they are going to favor Chris Paul (my favorite point guard, no bias), Deron Williams, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo, and LeBron. Hell yeah these guys are among the best in the league, but you can't leave out that 6 foot guy who has been dominating the league since 96. I can speak for AI because I have been watching him since his first day in the league.

For everyone on PTI/Around The Horn/Stephen A Smith/Isiah Thomas to agree that he's a guaranteed HOF'er, I don't see how anyone can leave him out of the list. Last time I checked, he's top 10 in everything he focuses his game on.

He's not the best all-around player in the league, no, but come on man you can't leave him out.

AI was in the discussions earlier in this board, but I agree he has unwarrantedly fallen off for the young guys. A lot of those young guys do show a lot of promise, but it is too early to tell. Injuries may play a big factor there.

AI will definately be a hall of famer, you are right, but to the original post of the board, will he be top 20 of all time? That is tough competition, but I would still say possibly. As previously posted, Shaq, Duncan and Kobe are probably already there. The only yonug guy I can say will likely get there is LeBron, others have a shot (CP3, DWill, DHoward) but I would never put them in the discussion at this point in time. AI, Kidd and Garnett are closer to the discussion for what they have done in their careers.

JordansBulls
07-14-2008, 10:36 AM
kobe, shaq, duncan, KG is high-teens. then kidd/iverson is border line 20.

Shaq and Duncan are pretty much top 10 or close to it at worst, Kobe will be top if not already, KG as well.
Lebron as long as he doesn't get hurt will be top 15 and I think Kidd or Iverson could squeeze into the top 20.

SHONIE
07-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Shouldn't we first decide who the top 20 non active players of all time are, and then see where the current players rank amongst them?