PDA

View Full Version : Trade deadline thread

In_Ned_I_Trust
07-12-2008, 03:19 PM
There seems to be an abundance of trade ideas so why not keep them in one thread? Who knows just my idea maybe a mod can sticky this. So here is my trade proposal and I think this one might be do-able.

Lowe
Kent
for
Uggla

I know he is one of their best hitters but they aren't that far out and will probably want another arm to go down the stretch with philly. Kent is still servicable and they are both expiring contracts that the Marlins would have off their books next year cause we all know how cheap they are.

What do you guys think? a little too far fetched?

nme
07-12-2008, 03:28 PM
a little too far fetched. While Lowe is having a nice season on the bump, no way does Kent's offense even come close to replacing what they get from Uggla. Had they not gotten a new stadium, then Uggla might be able to be had at season's end, but even then, only for top prospects. He will be arbitration eligible next year, so I could see the Fish possibly parting ways with him as he will become quite expensive. it won't be this season and it will cost us young, highly regarded talent, but I have thought for a while now that Uggla is the perfect type of ballplayer for this team and should be very high on our list of guys to go after.

bestlakersfan
07-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Knowing the Marlins love with great prospects, they might do Uggla for Kent, McDonald and Santana (a stud catcher in Class A). For Lowe and Kent, they would no way do it.

In_Ned_I_Trust
07-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Well I was thinking how back in the day they stocked up on vets whenever they thought they were in it. I would love Uggla on this team not many 2B come around like him. Bestlakersfan I like your deal better than mine.

bestlakersfan
07-12-2008, 05:49 PM
^^Thanks buddy.

MrChris951
07-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Why does everyone think that teams would take our vets for star players....I keep seeing players trying to trade Pierre, Kent and Lowe for starts....not gonna happen. To get star players you gotta give up your young guys.

Here's a trade I would like to see, tell me what you guys think

From the Dodgers:
Kemp, LaRoche, Hu, McDonald and one more minor league pitcher

From Cleveland:
G. Sizemore, C. Blake, and J. Peralta

In_Ned_I_Trust
07-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Teams that think they can make a run in the playoffs always want proven vets.

The Indians would never give up Sizemore, they just locked him up with a 6 yr deal a year or 2 ago.

MrChris951
07-12-2008, 08:35 PM
Yeah but why would Florida give up their star 2nd baseman for those 2 players? And I think if we offered Cleveland a good deal they would think about it

darth550
07-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Does anyone in here really believe Ned Colletti would have the balls to trade Jeff Kent to the Marlins?

Seriously?

In_Ned_I_Trust
07-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Yeah but why would Florida give up their star 2nd baseman for those 2 players? And I think if we offered Cleveland a good deal they would think about it

Well I don't think they will but their past has shown they like to rent veterans. Marlins that is. Darth keep the faith my friend Ned is my boy.

NomarsOnlyHR
07-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Does anyone in here really believe Ned Colletti would have the balls to trade Jeff Kent to the Marlins?

Seriously?

God I hope so.