PDA

View Full Version : Nets Willing To Trade Young Talent

twissst89
07-12-2008, 02:22 PM
http://www.northjersey.com/sports/nets/24581334.html

To create roster room, though, the Nets could try to make two-for-one, or three-for-two trades.

"There's going to be other moves made," said a person with knowledge of the Nets' thinking.

Marcus Williams, Sean Williams and Josh Boone and the expiring contracts of Keith Van Horn and Stromile Swift are assets the Nets can use. Restricted free agent Nenad Krstic also is a candidate for a sign-and-trade. His agent, Marc Cornstein, said there has been "a lot of talk" about Krstic, but nothing was close.

This cud be huge for us. I watch the Nets a lot and Boone, Marcus and Sean all got carazy talent and cud start on the heat. If we can do

Marion and S&T with Williams or Davis

for

Simmons(Bad contract),Hassell(Bad contract),Marcus Williams, and Sean Williams or Boone

it wud be worth it. 2 out of the 3 Williams' and Boone is worth taking on those 2 contract. Simmons actually wud deepen our bench even more. Williams' and Boone cud be our starters for the next 10 years. Dont comment if you havent watched enough of these guys cus i know a lot of people dont know how good guuys like Boone are.

Marcus Williams/Chalmmers/Quiinn
Wade/Cook/Simmons
Wright/Jones
Beasley/Haslem
Boone or Sean Williams/Anthony

daleja424
07-12-2008, 02:26 PM
1 BIG problem:
- Simmons isn't eligible to be traded for two monthes...right?

Master Mind
07-12-2008, 02:57 PM
I like Sean Williams, solid defender and very athletic

zo#33
07-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Marion>>>>>Simmons, Hassel, Williamsx2

BALLER71
07-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Sean Williams + Marcus William for Haslem and future 1st?

Master Mind
07-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Sean Williams + Marcus William for Haslem and future 1st?

I like this but technically we don't have a 1st...Maybe add Cook and a 2nd rd. pick...

M. Williams
Wade
Marion
Beasley
S.Williams

Thats pretty nice...

zo#33
07-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Haslem>S.Williams

1>M.Williams

Master Mind
07-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Haslem>S.Williams

1>M.Williams

And why is that?

danbola
07-12-2008, 03:38 PM
I would love to add Sean Williams to the team. He has the kind of shot blocking instincts you cant teach. I see him as being a future dpoy.

Master Mind
07-12-2008, 03:40 PM
I would love to add Sean Williams to the team. He has the kind of shot blocking instincts you cant teach. I see him as being a future dpoy.

I think so too...:D

jstwannawin
07-12-2008, 03:49 PM
i like marcus williams and he'll just sit on the bench in nj behind devin harris,
and living in nj i know the nets lost confidence in sean williams towards the end of the season, so im not sure if we'll have to give up much

haslem, cook and 1 or 2 2nd rounders for both

zo#33
07-12-2008, 04:06 PM
The only thing Sean Williams can do is jump

Master Mind
07-12-2008, 04:12 PM
The only thing Sean Williams can do is jump

He plays excellent D......So let me ask a question, why do everyone want biedrins?...

Master Mind
07-12-2008, 04:18 PM
Sean Williams Highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rauW_4EM4Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baptc9Qx8iI&feature=related

twissst89
07-12-2008, 04:28 PM
He plays excellent D......So let me ask a question, why do everyone want biedrins?...

I think I strated the bring Biedrins to miami before the mid season so il answer the question for u. Wen i first mentioned it it was wen i thot we were going to end up with Rose. Biedrins is extreamly athletic, good shot blocker excellent bebounder, but will need a good point guard to suceed. With Rose yes Biedrins wud have been a perfect fit, but with Beasley not so much. He still wouldnt be a bad option since he avg. a double double, is 1 of the fastest centers in the league, and is only 22. And he is a huge upgrade over Blount. Now that we have Beasley, Boone or Williams wud both be a perfect fit.

zo#33
07-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Biedrins is a center! Sean Williams would get killed if he played center

twissst89
07-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Haslem>S.Williams

1>M.Williams

U dont know nothing bout either do u? Marcus Williams can easily be a starter if he wasnt playing behind Harris. Ur rite Haslem is better then Williams.But Williams has just played his rookie year. And is an amazing help defender that Beasley needs. And can play center and has all star potential. I definitely didnt say trade Haslem.

twissst89
07-12-2008, 04:37 PM
haslem, cook and 1 or 2 2nd rounders for both

Y wud u trade Haslem and Cook? Their both going to be here next year not like Marion. Were really going to need Haslem to back up Beasley. Especially early, cus do u see how many fouls he is committing? Id love to see Haslem coming off the bench wen he gets into foul trouble over Lasme.

zo#33
07-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Sean Williams will be nothing more than Stormile Swift. A guy that can make spectacular dunks and some impressive blocks... Why would we want Williams when we can have Lasme?

As for M.Williams.. I like this kid, but I wouldnt want him as our starting pg the next 10 years or so.

danbola
07-12-2008, 05:27 PM
I think you are a bit too quick in projecting this kids future. He has only played one year.

My only issue with him is if he will be able to be full time center, or if he's more like a pf.

fins08
07-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Haslem for Williams/Boone, 1 of the Williams.

daleja424
07-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Sean Williams will be nothing more than Stormile Swift. A guy that can make spectacular dunks and some impressive blocks... Why would we want Williams when we can have Lasme?

As for M.Williams.. I like this kid, but I wouldnt want him as our starting pg the next 10 years or so.

hmmm...it could have simething to do with Lasme being undersaized as a PF... why would you play an undersized PF at Center...

zo#33
07-12-2008, 06:02 PM
I never said anything about playing Lasme at center. I think he and SW are very similar players

daleja424
07-12-2008, 06:12 PM
I never said anything about playing Lasme at center. I think he and SW are very similar players

I know. but I am saying that Williams can play Lasme's game, but at the C...

Master Mind
07-12-2008, 08:44 PM
I know. but I am saying that Williams can play Lasme's game, but at the C...

True...:nod:

King Koopa
07-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Biedrins is a center! Sean Williams would get killed if he played center

Wow have you seen how skinny Biedrins is bro besides Sean Williams is the same size as Biedrins, Sean Williams is going to be the next tyson.

Besides you think these blocks are because he got lucky......
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7rauW_4EM4Y

Master Mind
07-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Wow have you seen how skinny Biedrins is bro besides Sean Williams is the same size as Biedrins, Sean Williams is going to be the next tyson.

Sean Williams is the real deal folks...

Master Mind
07-12-2008, 09:33 PM
If we can get Marcus Williams and Sean Williams for Haslem and a filler consider that a steal...

M. Williams
Wade
Marion
Beasley
S. Williams

Bench
Chalmers
Jones
Wright
Lasme
Zo
Blount

Pretty nice squad to me...

zo#33
07-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Ive never questioned his shot blocking, im just saying that he will get killed if he plays center against yao, d12, amare/shaq, AJ, Oden, bynum etc..

I want to win CHAMPIONSHIPS and I can garuantee you that the Miami Heat wont win with SW as the starting center.

twissst89
07-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Ive never questioned his shot blocking, im just saying that he will get killed if he plays center against yao, d12, amare/shaq, AJ, Oden, bynum etc..

I want to win CHAMPIONSHIPS and I can garuantee you that the Miami Heat wont win with SW as the starting center.

Im sure thats what boston fans said about Perkins. Its not about gettiing a big name guy, but sum 1 who fits the team. Williams has only played 1 season and u say wel never win a championship with him. He is only going to get better and hes showed a lot already. We dont need a superstar at every positon even tho Williams has all star potential.Wut do u want from a center? A guy that can block shots, rebound and finish at the rim. Williams does all that and give us an advantage with his speed. We can win a championship with Anthony starting at center. If we have
Marcus Williams/Chalmmers
Wade
Josh Smith
Beasley

I dont care who we put at center, thats a championship squad.

daleja424
07-12-2008, 10:17 PM

:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless: :speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless: :speechless: :speechless::speechless::jumpy::jumpy::jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy::jumpy::jumpy: :pray: :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray: :pray::pray::pray::pray::clap::clap::clap::clap: :clap:

rick66ankiel24
07-12-2008, 10:20 PM
it would be nice to get those 3 but we could get so much more for marion

greek miami hea
07-13-2008, 06:56 AM
m.chalmers>m.williams!

twissst89
07-13-2008, 11:28 AM
m.chalmers>m.williams!

Wait till u see Mario play in sumthing besides the summer league to say that. I know a lot of people dont watch Marioo enough to cooment on his game. I know u dont cus u wud not of just said that.

daleja424
07-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Wait till u see Mario play in sumthing besides the summer league to say that. I know a lot of people dont watch Marioo enough to cooment on his game. I know u dont cus u wud not of just said that.

what do you mean? Chalmers lead the national champion Jayhawks in apg, steals, 3 pt% and was second on the team in ppg his junior year. I wouldn't jump to say the Mario right now is better then Marcus like he did, but I also wouldn't dismiss the possibility like you did Twissst.

zo#33
07-13-2008, 11:53 AM
If the nets resign kristic, swat would be the 6th best bigman on the nets.. yi, boone, lopez, swift and kristic are all better than him. Thats like wanting Michal Doleac back. What you want from your center is post defense. Not a help defender. Thats why the C's won the ship with perk as their center. Can you imagine Williams playing center against Pau in the finals? Pau would avg something like 25/12

greek miami hea
07-13-2008, 12:00 PM
what do you mean? Chalmers lead the national champion Jayhawks in apg, steals, 3 pt% and was second on the team in ppg his junior year. I wouldn't jump to say the Mario right now is better then Marcus like he did, but I also wouldn't dismiss the possibility like you did Twissst.

guys,i just have faith in chalmers and so far he is showing great pg skills.so.as a conclusion,chalmers is-will be,better than m.williams!

Master Mind
07-13-2008, 03:15 PM
it would be nice to get those 3 but we could get so much more for marion

We should keep Marion and try to aquire Both Williams from NJ...

M. Williams or Chalmers (battle for starter)
Wade
Marion
Beasley
S. Williams

Nice line-up

daleja424
07-13-2008, 03:30 PM
We should keep Marion and try to aquire Both Williams from NJ...

M. Williams or Chalmers (battle for starter)
Wade
Marion
Beasley
S. Williams

Nice line-up

That would be nice...but what could we offer? Haslem/Cook for the Williams/Hassel??? Doesn't seem like enough. Maybe a couple 2nd rounders with it. Still doesn't seem like enough to me...

Master Mind
07-13-2008, 03:38 PM
That would be nice...but what could we offer? Haslem/Cook for the Williams/Hassel??? Doesn't seem like enough. Maybe a couple 2nd rounders with it. Still doesn't seem like enough to me...

How does the contracts look cause I know they're trying to make room for Lebron :laugh2:...I think Haslem's contract is up in 2010 so they'd be really interested in him...Add cook and/or Wright + 2nd rd. picks maybe...

danbola
07-13-2008, 04:08 PM
If the nets resign kristic, swat would be the 6th best bigman on the nets.. yi, boone, lopez, swift and kristic are all better than him. Thats like wanting Michal Doleac back. What you want from your center is post defense. Not a help defender. Thats why the C's won the ship with perk as their center. Can you imagine Williams playing center against Pau in the finals? Pau would avg something like 25/12

So asking about a young, super athletic shot blocker is like wanting Doleac back? Really?

You think Perkins would have been as good defensively if he wasnt playing next to the dpoy?

King Koopa
07-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Im sure thats what boston fans said about Perkins. Its not about gettiing a big name guy, but sum 1 who fits the team. Williams has only played 1 season and u say wel never win a championship with him. He is only going to get better and hes showed a lot already. We dont need a superstar at every positon even tho Williams has all star potential.Wut do u want from a center? A guy that can block shots, rebound and finish at the rim. Williams does all that and give us an advantage with his speed. We can win a championship with Anthony starting at center. If we have
Marcus Williams/Chalmmers
Wade
Josh Smith
Beasley

I dont care who we put at center, thats a championship squad.

But then again they have KG, every time Pekins gets raped, KG come out and saves him....... And we dont have a KG, We have Beasley which isnt KG playing Defense........ soooo i dont know if Sean Willams starts to have Trouble vs big men whos going to back him up, until Zo comes back?????

_Sn1P3r_
07-13-2008, 06:20 PM
1 BIG problem:
- Simmons isn't eligible to be traded for two monthes...right?

Yup. You can't trade a player then trade them right away after.