PDA

View Full Version : Redick?

reevanson
07-12-2008, 01:18 PM
The Magic are making no secrets that J.J. is available. He would come cheap to fill the roster, they seem to want to unload him we could probably trade a 2 rounder a few years away or some cash. I know he has been far from stellar durring his first years in the NBA but I still do see potential there. If he is in the right system and with some help from Kapono to work on his spacing he might be a good investment. Any thoughts?

argo
07-12-2008, 01:24 PM
please, not another swing man that can't play d...
he would be useful and cheap as a specialty guy off the bench if we didn't already have kapono.

reevanson
07-12-2008, 01:32 PM
good points, about no D. I dont expect him to be a difference maker on the team just like most #9-12 men. I think he came in the leauge with alot expected fom him by the team and himself I just think if given the chance to grow into the NBA game he may succeed and I think its a cheap progect that may or may not work. I am not a HUGE redick fan but IMO we have little $ and not much to trade away realisticly, he is a cheap seat filler that has the potential to contribute.

Ragun
07-12-2008, 01:50 PM
No. One shooter on the court at one time is enough.

reevanson
07-12-2008, 01:55 PM
I totally agree with one shooter on the court at a time! I meant kapono can teach him how to make his own space for his shooting through a little ball handling.

North Yorker
07-12-2008, 01:57 PM
I could see Philly going after him maybe...

AntwanN21
07-12-2008, 02:08 PM
good suggestion but i much rather see joel bosh or John Luicas in a raptors unifrom next year!

Bob_at_york
07-12-2008, 02:11 PM
good suggestion but i much rather see joel bosh or John Luicas in a raptors unifrom next year!

you really think Joel Bosh can bring something to our team? :confused:

Master P
07-12-2008, 02:14 PM
i dont watch a lot of college ball, especially back before the nba age limit because most college ball was pretty bad. the level of play was messy and not as high above the rim, and also the officiating is so horrible.

anyway, despite the fact that i dont watch college ball im usually pretty good at predicting who is not going to make it in the nba at a high level. i predicted adam morrison would not live up to the hype, and even despite injuries nobody can argue that his first year was a bust as he shot 2% from the field. redick was another player i just knew would suck. it's not that unathletic white shooters from college can't make contribute (kapono, and even though he's a bit more athletic korver as well), it's just tough to overcome any handicapt and i think redick was just a bit too short. then on defense again he is too small to help and too slow to close out to the nba three point line.

the easiest player ever to predict not making it was hoffa. 6-11 guy the size of a truck that can't play above the rim? you can't teach jumping, so even if he did box out as well as in college, nba players are able to jump right over him and take the rebound from behind. what a plug that guy was.

_Sn1P3r_
07-12-2008, 02:17 PM
please, not another swing man that can't play d...
he would be useful and cheap as a specialty guy off the bench if we didn't already have kapono.

I agree.

reevanson
07-12-2008, 03:14 PM
i dont watch a lot of college ball, especially back before the nba age limit because most college ball was pretty bad. the level of play was messy and not as high above the rim, and also the officiating is so horrible.

anyway, despite the fact that i dont watch college ball im usually pretty good at predicting who is not going to make it in the nba at a high level. i predicted adam morrison would not live up to the hype, and even despite injuries nobody can argue that his first year was a bust as he shot 2% from the field. redick was another player i just knew would suck. it's not that unathletic white shooters from college can't make contribute (kapono, and even though he's a bit more athletic korver as well), it's just tough to overcome any handicapt and i think redick was just a bit too short. then on defense again he is too small to help and too slow to close out to the nba three point line.

the easiest player ever to predict not making it was hoffa. 6-11 guy the size of a truck that can't play above the rim? you can't teach jumping, so even if he did box out as well as in college, nba players are able to jump right over him and take the rebound from behind. what a plug that guy was.

Great post, I agree with most of you points, and I do know that its more likely than not that Redick will not have a long career in the NBA.

mariotubes
07-12-2008, 03:41 PM
wut we really need is a sg/sf that can play d... james posey is ideal but i doubt he'll want to play in toronto

ramz.n
07-12-2008, 06:45 PM
you really think Joel Bosh can bring something to our team? :confused:

lol..i can see him holding Chris' towel and Gatorade =P

Raptors27
07-12-2008, 09:42 PM
He's cheap version of Kapono, and most of you people dont want kapono so why Redick? Dont need him. I hope we keep Kapono tho :)

ramz.n
07-12-2008, 09:48 PM
He's cheap version of Kapono, and most of you people dont want kapono so why Redick? Dont need him. I hope we keep Kapono tho :)

Kapono is making 10x as much as Reddick

PostYourEyes
07-13-2008, 05:04 PM
I agree.

i do too.

Bob_at_york
07-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Kapono is making 10x as much as Reddick

Your math is off. Try 2.5x more. Not much of a difference overall.

koreancabbage
07-14-2008, 08:21 AM
actually there is a big difference, if it was a 25 million and 10 million contract difference , thats 150% more than the compared contract =P but still one of them is enough for this roster, we already Calderon who can't close out the 3point line for beans and his defense is shaky at best, a little less solid for a championship-inspiring team. Our most possible best defensive unit is with Bosh, O'Neal, Moon, Parker, Calderon ( i have to put him there cuz he's the only proven PG we have ) \

Kapono and Redick are redundant players, like how Ford and Calderon were redundant. so no, after this long shpeal.

pebloemer
07-14-2008, 09:03 AM
WE have been trying to bring down the logjam at the swing position and we would add a player who is a swing man and has been unhappy about sitting on the bench in Orlando? He would be behind, Parker, Kapono, Moon and Adams if he came here. Why?

Parker is co-captain of this team with Bosh. Arguably better shooter, good defender, much better all around player.

Kapono is similar to Reddick but better

Adams is probably less talented, especially with shooting, but was brought in the play hard nosed defense hustle. Who would Sam put on the floor, Adams or reddick?

Moon can guard almost anybody, rebounds great, can hit the midrange.

All four of those would take the playing time over Reddick.

So adding an unhappy Reddick for any price seems like a bad idea to me. If we get injuries, Ukic can always backup at SG as well.

Bob_at_york
07-14-2008, 09:48 AM
actually there is a big difference, if it was a 25 million and 10 million contract difference , thats 150% more than the compared contract =P but still one of them is enough for this roster,.
How much do you think Reddick is going to be looking for when he becomes a free agent? I don't think it will be pennies. We will find out soon because I think FA is coming up.

Kapono and Redick are redundant players, like how Ford and Calderon were redundant. so no, after this long shpeal.
I don't think Ford and Calderon were redundant so I disagree with your comparison.