PDA

View Full Version : Who Would You Rather Have - Sizemore or Markakis

Driven
07-12-2008, 01:17 PM
?

ShinobiNYC
07-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Sizemore: better speed, more pop and a decent fielder. Markakis has a better arm though.

JAYZFAN9
07-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Sizemore by quite a bit

sanfranfan1210
07-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Sizemore

quiksilver2491
07-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Sizemore by quite a bit

No, not at all, you might want to check their stats first because they are basically neck and neck this year. I would have to say Sizemore is the better player just because he has done it on a much larger sample size but it wouldn't surprise me if Markakis turns out to be the better player. Markakis is one of the most underated players in baseball.

Humongo
07-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Sizemore. Their offensive output is fairly comparable, but Sizemore plays better D at a more pressing position. A good CF is usually more valuable than a good RF.

Gigantes4Life
07-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Well, Sizemore is below average at CF while Markakis is one of the better defensive RF in the game.

However, I'd still go with Sizemore.

JAYZFAN9
07-13-2008, 12:47 AM
Well, Sizemore is below average at CF while Markakis is one of the better defensive RF in the game.

How do you figure that?

Twitchy
07-13-2008, 09:32 AM

If by below average you mean fourth in the MLB in ZR for qualifying CF then yes, I agree Sizemore is below average.

And it's Sizemore cause he plays a more important position. Doesn't hurt that his OPS+ is higher either.

C1Bman88
07-13-2008, 12:47 PM

I think it's because you're looking at BP's RATE 2.

His RZR has him at 8th overall, and he's 7th in handling balls hit out of his zone.

quiksilver2491
07-13-2008, 04:17 PM
If by below average you mean fourth in the MLB in ZR for qualifying CF then yes, I agree Sizemore is below average.

And it's Sizemore cause he plays a more important position. Doesn't hurt that his OPS+ is higher either.

:eyebrow: By 2 points? Markakis easily can make that up in a single night, so I wouldn't use that as a good reasoning. They both have the same difference in AVG/OBP by 100 points so I think they are basically both pretty equal offensively, Grady SLG's better, Markakis gets OB at a better clip. Markakis is no slouch in RF either though, he is one of the better defenders out there and has a much greater arm than Sizemore does.

quiksilver2491
07-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Damn you Driven, you bring that Miami avatar back :mad:, that was by far the coolest avatar on the entire site :mad: :mad:

kingsfan15
07-13-2008, 09:32 PM
sizemore, great speed, power, and defense, however, i wouldnt mind havin either one on my team

Driven
07-13-2008, 11:31 PM
:eyebrow: By 2 points? Markakis easily can make that up in a single night, so I wouldn't use that as a good reasoning. They both have the same difference in AVG/OBP by 100 points so I think they are basically both pretty equal offensively, Grady SLG's better, Markakis gets OB at a better clip. Markakis is no slouch in RF either though, he is one of the better defenders out there and has a much greater arm than Sizemore does.
I agree with you on everything here. The reason I created this thread is because I think they're basically at the same level. Offensively their equal, but with Sizemore proving himself by playing more years, you have to take him. With that said, I think Markakis will continue to improve each year considerably, and wow does he walk a lot. I think defensively Markakis is a bit better than Sizemore, but like someone else said, a good CF is better than a good RF. So in terms of their production, I would say they're the same, and either could be the better player. But based on their position, you take Sizemore.

Driven
07-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Damn you Driven, you bring that Miami avatar back :mad:, that was by far the coolest avatar on the entire site :mad: :mad:
Ehhh I stole it from BullsFan1. I don't like Miami. This avatar is creepier anyways.

quiksilver2491
07-13-2008, 11:49 PM
Ehhh I stole it from BullsFan1. I don't like Miami. This avatar is creepier anyways.

I hate Miami as well but their is no denying that crane was pretty dope. Eh I guess ill just have to get use to the Orange :cool:

Humongo
07-14-2008, 12:01 AM
sizemore, great speed, power, and defense, however, i wouldnt mind havin either one on my team

Lamest sig ever goes to . . . you.

bagwell368
07-14-2008, 12:28 AM
Markakis.

He is 15 months younger then Sizemore, and his rate of improvement seems to be steeper then Sizemore. He is a better RF then Sizemore is a CF, but that still leaves Sizemore as more valuable in the field and on the bases.

Dunno, something about Markakis just says his career will eclipse Sizemore - at least with the bat.

CodeRed
07-18-2008, 01:43 PM
Definetly Sizemore he has the ability to have 40 HR and 30 SB the next 7 or 8 years.

PhillyLuver
07-18-2008, 04:05 PM
Sizemore, but Markakis will be a stud

GA16Angels
07-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Sizemore. He's younger, faster, and is all around a better player.

HighVelocity
07-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Sizemore. This is closer than people might think. I would take Sizemore, but not by a long shot. Markakis is turning into a pretty good player himself.

CubsFanBudMan74
07-24-2008, 12:42 PM
grady