PDA

View Full Version : Chauncy Billups?

SF Gigantes
07-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Rumor is the Warriors are trying to pry him away from the pistons, but the pistons want more than what we want to give up. Your thoughts?

http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_9855185

likemystylez
07-12-2008, 02:21 PM
rumors, the whole article is just talk with no quotes in site, and no reference of any sort. Dont get too wrapped up in this.

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-12-2008, 02:55 PM
I'd love to see Billups but at the right price..like harrington, perovic, maybe a pick

Billups
Ellis
Maggette
Jackson
Biedrins

garlicboy
07-12-2008, 03:00 PM
I think we should give up on Billups. They don't want Billups, and I Mullin won't give up Biedrins for a 32 year old PG.

I'm all for trying Monta out at point this year, and if it doesn't work sign Jason Kidd as a free agent, if we want a band-aid at PG, which Chauncey Billups will be in a year or 2 at his age.

dubs9erA's
07-12-2008, 06:45 PM
i'd give up a number1 (dont need any more youngsters) marco and Al ,to have a proven point guard to teach monta play good D and shoot threes..........get'er done RE-SIGN azibukie or how ever you spell it.

garlicboy
07-12-2008, 06:51 PM
With Boozer opting out in 2009, is Deron Williams on the trading block?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9449

Billups is old. I love his game, I love the way he plays, but I know I won't be saying that a year from now. Is he even healthy??? Guy was injured in the playoffs and gimpy.

smearthebeard
07-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Garlic Boy, he pulled a groin in game 1 of the series. He was healthy before that. But I would not be interested beyond giving up Al and 09 No.1. If we can get him for that we become a top 5 team in the west.

Jimmy3702
07-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Harrington, Azubuike, 2008 1st round pick for Chauncey Billups

garlicboy
07-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Garlic Boy, he pulled a groin in game 1 of the series. He was healthy before that. But I would not be interested beyond giving up Al and 09 No.1. If we can get him for that we become a top 5 team in the west.

Even with Billups, we are not a guaranteed top 5 team in the West. We had Baron, who I beleive is a better PG for the way we play, and we didn't make the playoffs. The West is going to be even stronger with Portland added to the mix and a surprise team such as the Kings or Wolves could emerge ala the Hornets last year.

I would NOT give up a pick for Chauncey Billups. He has 2 good years left. Most likely, we're in the lottery in 2009.

Billups salary also kills our ability to sign any free agents for the next 3 years!!!

Give Monta a shot this year, if it doesn't work out, we can sign an old PG in J-Kidd next year a 2 year deal for the full MLE, and he'd cost 1/3 the salary that Billups would be making.