PDA

View Full Version : OT: NBA 2k9 vs NBA Live 2009, which game will you more than likely get?

JordansBulls
07-12-2008, 12:35 PM
I know this would fit better in entertainment, but I'm not sure how many nba fans actually post there.

So I wanted to get someone's opinion on this.

I usually get the 2k series for sports games and have done so since 2003 even on dreamcast :laugh:

I think I will stick with the 2k series personally, but I'm curious on what game you guys will get and why?

NBA 2k9 vs NBA Live 2009, which game will you more than likely get?

SC1211
07-12-2008, 12:37 PM
NBA Live (since 05) is for people who don't like real basketball.

bball1217
07-12-2008, 12:40 PM
nba 2k9...2k is just better imo

lakers4sho
07-12-2008, 12:41 PM
NBA 2k9 has the best graphics, gameplay, everything.

Dirty Dirk41
07-12-2008, 12:41 PM
2k8 is the sickest basketabll game out.so id say 2k9 will be even better...gotta get 2k9 if ur a fan of REAL basketball

RocketsRule
07-12-2008, 12:44 PM
I heard Live 09 is supposed to be really good, another big improvement. However, I'm still probably gonna stick with the 2K series.

lakers4sho
07-12-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm probably gonna get 2K9, then rent 09 to see the "improvements"

SpeeMN
07-12-2008, 12:45 PM
I hate playing Live '07...... the only thing I do is franchise which is fun, but game play makes me want to commit suicide... It seems like people who never played basketball in there lives decided to make a basketball game.

Dirty Dirk41
07-12-2008, 12:46 PM
I know this would fit better in entertainment, but I'm not sure how many nba fans actually post there.

So I wanted to get someone's opinion on this.

I usually get the 2k series for sports games and have done so since 2003 even on dreamcast :laugh:

I think I will stick with the 2k series personally, but I'm curious on what game you guys will get and why?

NBA 2k9 vs NBA Live 2009, which game will you more than likely get?

Dreamcast was awesome....i member the year ps2 came out an instead i got a dreamcast.. system was so great but flopped hard.

Dirty Dirk41
07-12-2008, 12:47 PM

i might not even rent...ill read reviews from various sites and if it seems decent.. then rent...lol

BALLER71
07-12-2008, 12:52 PM
I've played both and NBA live 08 is a great basketball game the only bad thing is the passing selection.

stevefrancis
07-12-2008, 12:55 PM
ive always played nba live and i just bought 2k8 for my ps3 cuz i wanted to see whats better. i have live for my 360. All i gotta say is 2k8 doesnt even come close to live. the graphics suck the game play sucks the buttons suck and the game modes suck. whats the difference between a season and association whe they're both one season. at least in live its what 20. i played 2k9 on an hd tv with my ps3 and live is on an old tv and live still looked better. the game play sucks in 2k8 because the players never hit a 3 and always miss easy layups. plus i get my nba live for free because i go to the nba store on the release date and they do a launch with the cover player. Last year gilbert arenas signed my jersey and cover and paid for my game. search gilbert arenas in nba store in youtube to see it lol.

BDAWK11
07-12-2008, 12:56 PM
who's on each cover?

Dirty Dirk41
07-12-2008, 12:58 PM
ive always played nba live and i just bought 2k8 for my ps3 cuz i wanted to see whats better. i have live for my 360. All i gotta say is 2k8 doesnt even come close to live. the graphics suck the game play sucks the buttons suck and the game modes suck. whats the difference between a season and association whe they're both one season. at least in live its what 20. i played 2k9 on an hd tv with my ps3 and live is on an old tv and live still looked better. the game play sucks in 2k8 because the players never hit a 3 and always miss easy layups. plus i get my nba live for free because i go to the nba store on the release date and they do a launch with the cover player. Last year gilbert arenas signed my jersey and cover and paid for my game. search gilbert arenas in nba store in youtube to see it lol.

so 2k sucks becuz your not good at it...2k imo is a better game in ever possible category you could compare em in. i can hit 3s, make all my layups, im sorry dude u must suck..got a 360?? whats the gamertag i might have2 FU UP in it

Dirty Dirk41
07-12-2008, 12:58 PM
who's on each cover?

live 09 is tony parker i believe and nba2k9 has KG on the cover

lakers4sho
07-12-2008, 12:59 PM

Maybe you don't like it because you suck, not the gameplay.

haha j/k :D

Dirty Dirk41
07-12-2008, 01:02 PM
^^no u aint kiddin man....live is so easy becuz its not a good b-ball sim...In 2k u need to Know how to play ball to beat reall good competition

Mallpha
07-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Live always got all that menager stuff developed so nice but gameplay is just boring. You play few games and simulate rest of the season.

2k gameplay is amazing you can play it for a year and not get bored. Body flow shots every thing is so much like actual game.

Probobly i will get both but will end up plaing 2k9 since it got the actual gameplay.

stevefrancis
07-12-2008, 01:03 PM
i got live on 360 and 2k on ps3 it doesn't matter if your good or not depends on the game play and which game is fun and i think live is better. 2k does have better announcers. i'm sick of hearing marv alberts boring voice kevin harlam is way better i might just stick with 2k because of that and if they extend the association mode.

lakers4sho
07-12-2008, 01:07 PM
^^no u aint kiddin man....live is so easy becuz its not a good b-ball sim...In 2k u need to Know how to play ball to beat reall good competition

The NBA Live A.I. is ******** and so easy. 2K9's gameplay is realistic, although it's kinda hard when you first play it. But it's fun.

NYK All the Way
07-12-2008, 01:08 PM
2k is way more realistic and has better gameplay the only things i don't like in 2k8 are dribble penetration and missing close range shots

Turtle55
07-12-2008, 01:10 PM
I've been getting 2k ever since 07. I bought EA games from Bulls vs Lakers until 06 but 2k has become vastly superior. The only knock I have on 2k is the second year on Association mode isn't nearly as good, all the rookies on there suck!

God of War
07-12-2008, 01:15 PM
2K is more realistic. Gameplay is better. Graphics sucks. When they run up court, they look like hunchback neanderthals.

NBA Live graphics are great but their gameplay sucks. Guys can dunk from 3 point line. What's up with that?

jimbobjarree
07-12-2008, 01:15 PM
in England we have to wait an extra month for the 2k game, it best be worth it

God of War
07-12-2008, 01:16 PM
i got live on 360 and 2k on ps3 it doesn't matter if your good or not depends on the game play and which game is fun and i think live is better. 2k does have better announcers. i'm sick of hearing marv alberts boring voice kevin harlam is way better i might just stick with 2k because of that and if they extend the association mode.

But then again, if you're a true basketball and gaming fan, you end up buying both. Right?

lakers4sho
07-12-2008, 01:17 PM
2k is way more realistic and has better gameplay the only things i don't like in 2k8 are dribble penetration and missing close range shots

You have control the pressure when pressing the shoot button. The game is pressure sensitive.

I've been getting 2k ever since 07. I bought EA games from Bulls vs Lakers until 06 but 2k has become vastly superior. The only knock I have on 2k is the second year on Association mode isn't nearly as good, all the rookies on there suck!

I think 2K ratings are better. Live rates rookies according to their NCAA performance, which I don't think is right, because they haven't played in the NBA yet. Live rated Daequan Cook 87 or something, while Pau Gasol was like 85 or something :pity:

stevefrancis
07-12-2008, 01:17 PM
you guys know if the game is too easy you can customize the game sliders. you make the computer harder.

SeoulBeatz
07-12-2008, 01:22 PM
yeah I used to play live but when i got a 360, live just SUCKS!!!

the graphics are stellar, dont get me wrong.

but the gameplay is awful. the motions are comical and the players move like robots.

in 2k however, the gameplay is silky smooth, graphics areslightly worse, but the game is just much better.

live is for people who dont know what real NBA gameplay is supposed to be like, so its good for people who are into sick graphics but dont know jack about basketball and aree content with playing robotic games.

2k is for the real gamers who want an NBA expereicne

so itll be 2k for me again this year

Maverick22x
07-12-2008, 01:29 PM
I've only played Live but not since 06. I usually play dynasty mode. I guess it's called association mode in 2k, but how is it different from the Live version? I like to play several years and build a team, but sometimes in Live it's too easy.

jnic82
07-12-2008, 01:36 PM
ive always been a live fan, but it seems like each year they take away something that i really like. live is alot more fun to play then 2k so ill prolly just stick with it!

God of War
07-12-2008, 01:44 PM
yeah I used to play live but when i got a 360, live just SUCKS!!!

the graphics are stellar, dont get me wrong.

but the gameplay is awful. the motions are comical and the players move like robots.

in 2k however, the gameplay is silky smooth, graphics areslightly worse, but the game is just much better.

live is for people who dont know what real NBA gameplay is supposed to be like, so its good for people who are into sick graphics but dont know jack about basketball and aree content with playing robotic games.

2k is for the real gamers who want an NBA expereicne

so itll be 2k for me again this year

I still play Live 06. That was the best game period! Although somewhat unrealistic, the gameplay is great to me. It's a perfect balance of graphics and the motion is so fluid. Live screwed it up in 07, it felt more like a NCAA game. 08 didn't get that much better with their robotic motion you eluded to earlier.

2K has gotten a lot better with their graphics but still, even when you look at the players, it seems as though they just rolled out of bed from a long hunger strike.

Are these developers ever going to fix the problem where one body part isn't going into the others?

NYMetros
07-12-2008, 01:44 PM
NBA 2k9 is what I'll be getting. Live has alot of catching up to do.

SwaggaIke
07-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Live has been garbage since '05. That was the last one I bough, for original XBOX. 2k has been the best hoops game for a long time. Anybody who is purist of the game loves the 2k series. Its head over heels better than Live. 2k8 is one of the greatest games ever made.

God of War
07-12-2008, 01:51 PM
ive always been a live fan, but it seems like each year they take away something that i really like. live is alot more fun to play then 2k so ill prolly just stick with it!

That's because Live should've used the 06 platform and gone from there. In 07, the players were like minature figurines. Their lower torso would shake back and forth like a hula dancer when they ran up court. In 08, the graphics are so clean, even down to the text and how they laid out their mulitiplayer selection. But, the gameplay sucked, guys were able to dunk by covering huge amounts of ground. Totally ridiculous.

stevefrancis
07-12-2008, 01:52 PM
I still play Live 06. That was the best game period! Although somewhat unrealistic, the gameplay is great to me. It's a perfect balance of graphics and the motion is so fluid. Live screwed it up in 07, it felt more like a NCAA game. 08 didn't get that much better with their robotic motion you eluded to earlier.

2K has gotten a lot better with their graphics but still, even when you look at the players, it seems as though they just rolled out of bed from a long hunger strike.

Are these developers ever going to fix the problem where one body part isn't going into the others?

i agree 100 percent. live 06 was so good and how they did it with the superstar modes and they messed it up in 07. it was so cool with the dunks bouncing it off the floor or pass to yourself dunk.

God of War
07-12-2008, 01:52 PM
seoul beatz- your f-n stupid. just becuz other people like a different game then you doesnt mean they dont know what real gameplay is supposed to be like. it just means you have that you have finally found something you can compensate for sucking at ball in real life!

You are about a penis length from getting banned for making a comment like that.

MOHA
07-12-2008, 01:54 PM
NBA 2K Woooooo.

Turtle55
07-12-2008, 01:54 PM
You have control the pressure when pressing the shoot button. The game is pressure sensitive.

I think 2K ratings are better. Live rates rookies according to their NCAA performance, which I don't think is right, because they haven't played in the NBA yet. Live rated Daequan Cook 87 or something, while Pau Gasol was like 85 or something :pity:

I meant there fake rookies they let you draft in the association mode. They suck! The real rookies, Durant, Horford, etc... they are pretty accurate and fun to develop.

SwaggaIke
07-12-2008, 01:55 PM
You are about a penis length from getting banned for making a comment like that.

Too easy....

God of War
07-12-2008, 01:55 PM
NBA 2k9 is what I'll be getting. Live has alot of catching up to do.

True. But I'll get both because I'm a big fan of basketball and gaming.

God of War
07-12-2008, 01:58 PM
well if its your penis then im sure i be out in a very short time.

Hahaha. I'm at the national average - 8 inches!

x_notorious
07-12-2008, 01:59 PM
I would much rather have 2K. Better overall series IMO. Not a big fan of the live series.

Liney3506
07-12-2008, 02:05 PM
You keep bringing it up, jnic.

grkmaster
07-12-2008, 02:05 PM

You do know Association Mode goes many many seasons? And not one as you think it does?

Liney3506
07-12-2008, 02:06 PM
NBA 2K8 is a much much better game. I wasn't a believer until last year, when I bought NBA Live first. It was ridiculous having Chris Bosh averaging 40 PPG on 60% shooting, with 5 rebounds. At least 2K8 has that going for them.

Liney3506
07-12-2008, 02:07 PM
You do know Association Mode goes many many seasons? And not one as you think it does?

He must've only played one season, and gave up because it was too hard.

_Sn1P3r_
07-12-2008, 02:14 PM
I wanna get both games and compare. I get the live series a lot but after playing 2k8, it was so sick and realistic.

LAKERMANIA
07-12-2008, 02:21 PM
the 2K series has owned the Live series in the past 3-4 years.. More realistic more fun imo

greg_ory_2005
07-12-2008, 02:45 PM
2K pwns Live. I'll probably end up getting both though. :D

mariotubes
07-12-2008, 02:49 PM
the most annoying part of live is whenever u try to toss an alley oop the ball gets thrown way out of bounds and the player intended to receive the ball still jumps around looking like an idiot :laugh: another annoying thing is if u toss a pass and no one receives it they all just stare at the ball until it goes out of bounds

grkmaster
07-12-2008, 02:59 PM
He must've only played one season, and gave up because it was too hard.

LOL very likely

zo#33
07-12-2008, 03:05 PM
2K9.. But i still dont like the fact that CP3 kan take a triple backflip dunk in traffic on 2k8

DiehardJaysFan
07-12-2008, 04:01 PM
2K9 for sure. Live has been second rate for a long time. The court in Live is too small for the players there's no room to move around.

sanfranfan1210
07-12-2008, 04:04 PM
2k9

Astros BLT
07-12-2008, 04:43 PM
2k9 no competition. Live used to be the **** but its gone downhill fast, when I started dunking with Tony Parker, and Earl Boykins I realized how stoned the creators of Live were. 2k8 was so addictive, that 2k9 has its an even better chance of being the perfect basketball game.

John408
07-12-2008, 04:48 PM
2k9 has been the best since it first released on dreamcast: NBA 2k...

The last time live was good was its first two titles: lakers vs celtics & bulls vs lakers on genesis. It was the only console ballin game out back then.

Live: will never match the realism that 2k brings to the table.

For those of you who play xbox live, challenge me. My gamertag is john408.

My favorite team is the lakers but I rarely use them because they are too good and I feel its too easy for me. So I primarily use the warriors. I don't care what team you all use.. Use the celtics or my beloved lakers on me if you want... LOL

Packersfan
07-12-2008, 04:58 PM
2k9...the association is sick.

stawka
07-12-2008, 05:37 PM
The 2K series is 100x better than Live. The only flaws I get in 2K8 are jersey's coming off while playing (kinda weird), and the commentary being off at times. Then again, that happens in real life so i'm not too worried about it. Other then that, 2K8 is a perfect game. I'm hoping those 2 flaws are fixed for 2K9 and that's all I can ask for a perfect game.

Dirty Dirk41
07-12-2008, 06:11 PM
The 2K series is 100x better than Live. The only flaws I get in 2K8 are jersey's coming off while playing (kinda weird), and the commentary being off at times. Then again, that happens in real life so i'm not too worried about it. Other then that, 2K8 is a perfect game. I'm hoping those 2 flaws are fixed for 2K9 and that's all I can ask for a perfect game.

i agree...theres also a few animations that need to be taken out or re done. Commentary no matter what will always be repetitive when you play so much. The little trailer they have for the game looks amazing but im pretty sure the graphics wont be that good.

stevefrancis
07-12-2008, 06:55 PM
is 2k8 better on playstation or xbox cuz it sucks on ps3 and i have live for 360 and i think everthing is better the graphics, game play and modes in the game. dont tell me the players look better in 2k because they don't. nba live 2006 for 360 looks the realest ever because it was a port they should try to do that kind of graphics in the next games for live and 2k

Raptors27
07-12-2008, 09:51 PM
The 2K series has owened since 06. Live is fake. Real basketball fans should get 2K.

Tom Stone
07-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Nba 2k9.....Easy.....Jamerio moon Baby!

kntresistheheat
07-12-2008, 10:13 PM
2k8 is my favortie....2k9 without a doubt!!!!:D

np6526
07-12-2008, 10:19 PM
2k kicks the **** out of NBA Live. I used play Live as a kid, and as of the past three years 2K has surpassed Live every year, easily. I'm hoping Live does step their game up and make the players look more realistic. They look like cavemen when they run. Live does look better graphically, but 2K's realism, and game play makes me buy 2K now instead of Live.

Sox Appeal
07-12-2008, 10:20 PM
I'm going to buy nba live.. :hide:

Kdirt
07-12-2008, 10:24 PM
NBA Live was off the hook before 2007 and 2008, then it got gay as hell. @K series is realistic and the best right now, but the CPU on hall of fame do some unrealistic passing for buckets and its tough to beat your man off the dribble. I like the one on one play that Live had before it got whack. I do like realistic games, so I know where ppl are coming from when they say Live is fake, but it was way more enjoyable to play 2006 than the new 2K series. Make Live good again please!

greg_ory_2005
07-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Shawn Marion is the best in 2K8. :cool:

Vinny642
07-12-2008, 10:45 PM
NBA 2k9 has been the better one so far for a couple of years now, i would go with 2k9.

2nd_COMING
07-12-2008, 10:46 PM
2k is better IMO can't wait for 2k9 going to be awesome:clap:

Reezy
07-12-2008, 10:47 PM
I'm going to buy nba live.. :hide:

Same here. I can't stand the gliding that goes on when players are running across the court on 2K.

AllTheWay
07-12-2008, 10:52 PM
2k is the better game, but its also very unrealistic..

You could have the best defense in the world and not be able to stop a kobe or lebron whore

Players make more contested shots than wide open looks

the ratings are always super inaccurate...

I could go ona nd on

but ill get it anyways cuz there isn't a better option

WillisLovechild
07-12-2008, 11:18 PM

i got 2k8 for ps2, and trust me i thought it sucked. then everybody was telling me that its better on 360 so i rented it for that. the problem is not the game, it is the system. basketball games suck for playstations, they are better on xboxes. if ur getting a game, get it for 360 and i think u'll find that it is better.

i prob wont buy either. if i had to get one, i'd get 2k9. i think both games underrated players like crazy.

NJrockPD
07-12-2008, 11:24 PM
Dreamcast was awesome....i member the year ps2 came out an instead i got a dreamcast.. system was so great but flopped hard.

Me too, the good old days. Great for sports games and you could play online but it would lag like crazy.

lakers4sho
07-12-2008, 11:33 PM
They should add more features to 2k9 though, then it would be the almost perfect game.

raptors_516
07-12-2008, 11:34 PM
ill probably buy 2k because its more realistic but if live gets good reviews ill buy that to

rico
07-13-2008, 02:12 AM
2k9 no contest. for 360.

anyone who gets live is dumb. my friend bought live and ended up being pissed cuz i told him 2k9 was better, he found out the hardway, and had to do a trade in (lost money) to get 2k9.

Vinny642
07-13-2008, 03:09 AM
2k is the better game, but its also very unrealistic..

You could have the best defense in the world and not be able to stop a kobe or lebron whore

Players make more contested shots than wide open looks

the ratings are always super inaccurate...

I could go ona nd on

but ill get it anyways cuz there isn't a better option

OMFG OMFG OMFG. Inaccurate ratings? Live gave David West a 73 last year for the updated rosters after he made the all star team. But Haslem gets like 83,85. But 2k messed up giving J Pargo a 67. He is a 78-80.

TMAC94
07-13-2008, 03:33 AM
i get both :)

Beno7500
07-13-2008, 03:40 AM
not live 09 because of parker

Beno7500
07-13-2008, 03:41 AM
i will get nba 09. only available for ps3.

MELO 15
07-13-2008, 04:25 AM

I COULD TELL FROM THAT STATEMENT, THAT U HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED LIVE. SECOUND, I LOVE BASKETBALL, AND I WILL EXPERIMENT, IVE TRIED BOTH AND CAN SAY 4 SURE THAT LIVES GRAPHICS ARE BETTER AND THE GAME OVERALL IS BETTER

Crunchy12489
07-13-2008, 04:58 AM

That's what I usually do

carlo4444
07-13-2008, 05:01 AM
nba live has better graphics but its bad as....2k8 is fun and you can do more things nba live has lost it.........but best nba game was nba live 2004

CaughtInAHustle
07-13-2008, 05:20 AM
2K is just too good

Crunchy12489
07-13-2008, 05:45 AM
nba live has better graphics but its bad as....2k8 is fun and you can do more things nba live has lost it.........but best nba game was nba live 2004

When Live 07/08 (for X360/PS3) lost the highflyer/x-factor/playmaker/etc... I stopped playing it completely.

I've been playing the 2k series since it first debuted on Dreamcast. AI on the cover, so you know I have all of those games :D

But really, Live has the graphics to give an entertaining display to its buyers, it just lacks enjoyment in playing it... The gameplay is just... Bland... Boring... Dull...

Most of the 2K games, there's that certain play that can turn the whole game around... A dunk or 3 shots in a row (on fire) can give you the momentum to win the game...

I have been playing Live since Live 01 with KG on the front (the game where you can play MJ in a 1on1 at Rucker).

When NBA 2k5 came out, that's when the Live series started declining...

I wish NBA Live 09 had the same arcade features that it had on Live 08 on PS2/XBOX... I love clicking the stick to change the way I want to make my opponent feel embarrassed :D

DQL
07-13-2008, 06:53 AM
2k9. LIVE series suck. I can trade 3 bad contracts for LeBron :pity:

Edwin
07-13-2008, 07:19 AM
the 2k definitely because its more real and it seems to keep getting better and better. The last nba live that was good was nba 06 and then it took a fall after that. The next 2 live games, 07 and 08, the game changed, dont really like the gameplay. Its like the live series is trying to start all over to keep up with with the 2k series.lol

Dirty Dirk41
07-13-2008, 11:40 AM
Glad 2 see 2k9 winning this thing easily 88-17. That right there should be all you need to know. 2k just all in all is a better game.

Dalionking
07-13-2008, 11:46 AM
2K has been a much better series for a while now. live just doesnt have it anymore. EA better watch out because 2K in football is getting better as well

Nets fan 93
07-13-2008, 12:18 PM
91 to 18 lmao

JordansBulls
07-13-2008, 12:30 PM
What teams did you use in 2k8?

Like what were your top 5 teams?

I frequently used the Rockets, Celtics, Blazers, Mavs and Bulls

greg_ory_2005
07-13-2008, 12:51 PM

Suns, Heat, Cavs are the teams that I mostly pick. And if I just feel like playing for fun, I go with Hawks or Bobcats.

I hate people that pick the Lakers. :pity:

Raptors27
07-13-2008, 01:08 PM
October 15th, NBA2K9 get it! lol

BTownTeamsRKing
07-13-2008, 01:10 PM

Celtics, Baron Davis's team, Heat, Bulls, T-wolves

greg_ory_2005
07-13-2008, 01:10 PM
October 15th, NBA2K9 get it! lol

I'm getting it the first day it comes out. :cool:

DerekRE_3
07-13-2008, 01:17 PM

Bobcats, Kings, Warriors. That was it actually. I only have a top 3.

Alex-sama
07-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Live sucks for years already. We'll see the "improvements" is really improvement. For now 2k9 100%.

lakers4sho
07-13-2008, 02:00 PM
How come 2K9 has a price cut after like 3 months while Live doesn't have one until like a year after it was released?

DenButsu
07-13-2008, 02:03 PM
Neither.

I miss pinball - that was so much better than video games.

prash
07-13-2008, 02:14 PM
I've played both 2K series and Live series.

NBA Live is the better series...

TmacBryant
07-13-2008, 02:15 PM
im guessing mostly everyone here has 2k8, we should have a tournament or something. would be fun.

my top teams i use....

lakers ( yeah i know.... but they are so good), bulls, rockets, bucks, seattle

JPapelbon58
07-13-2008, 02:22 PM

association is more then one season buddy, i own the game, i play association all the time. At least in 2k9 you can do 2 player associations, in live you can only do 1 player

rhymeratic
07-13-2008, 02:25 PM
NBA Live has been terrible on PC and consoles. EA basically doesn't care about actually making a functional Live games because it will sell no matter the quality.

JIDsanity
07-13-2008, 02:34 PM
Live sucks balls

yaowowrocket11
07-13-2008, 02:50 PM
NBA 2k9.........2K series was always better, and I think that will stay.

Fayzon10
07-13-2008, 02:51 PM
2k9 but I love the fiba option on live but overall 2k9 is just better.. Wish 2k had fiba but oh well...

kvrnm
07-13-2008, 02:59 PM
live is better imo.... this years game was fun i thought... i also liked 2k also, but i bought live and play it online alot, so its my favortie of the 2.. gamertag is kvrnm if anyone evr wants to play me.

PostYourEyes
07-13-2008, 05:09 PM
i think im gonna rent them and see which one i like the best. :P

grkmaster
07-13-2008, 05:39 PM
I've played both 2K series and Live series.

NBA Live is the better series...

And I assume you are young because the young kids like scoring and and dont care about realism as much.

2K is a wayy better game than live. I dont care if the LIVES graphics are superior, 2k graphics are fine as is. They concentrate more on the importance of the game and thats the game play.. 2k8 is one of the few sports games I play after I stop playing it for a good while.

DR.J9
07-13-2008, 09:14 PM
I usually get both

AllTheWay
07-13-2008, 09:18 PM

Lakers, Grizzlies, Knicks, Bobcats, and Clippers(I like to turn ****ty teams into good ones, hence grizzlies, knicks, clips, and cats)

AllTheWay
07-13-2008, 09:20 PM
OMFG OMFG OMFG. Inaccurate ratings? Live gave David West a 73 last year for the updated rosters after he made the all star team. But Haslem gets like 83,85. But 2k messed up giving J Pargo a 67. He is a 78-80.

Well I dont touch Live games anymore since like 2003, so i don't know about them

But the 2k games have inacurate ratings and so few roster updates

Is it just me or when you play online and the game hasnt been updated with new players acquired in real life it just is not the same

And I dunno about 78-80...I'd smack him a 73-76

G2BOAT
07-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Last year I didn't buy either one, but for Basketball games I've usually gotten the 2K games because like what everybody has said, there realistic, but I was reading on the EA Sports website that the online is going to be different. Like you can be one player with 4 other players on a team, so that should be fun, but I'll just play the demos when they come out and see which one is better.

JordansBulls
07-14-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm kinda curious on if Bynum will be rated as high as Oden in this game.

Also curious on how much Rondo's ratings increase.

theimortalone
07-14-2008, 10:47 AM
I will get 2k9 if the shooting is more realistic.

Dmagic87
07-14-2008, 11:29 AM
BOTH games suck IMO. I play 2k8 all the time. Its the most unrealistic BS ever. I can score 80 pts with kobe in a ranked match (5 min quarters) against the spurs D? Shooting is too easy, passing is too easy, dunking is too easy. They need to make the game more about taking good shots and playing good D.

JordansBulls
07-14-2008, 11:31 AM
BOTH games suck IMO. I play 2k8 all the time. Its the most unrealistic BS ever. I can score 80 pts with kobe in a ranked match (5 min quarters) against the spurs D? Shooting is too easy, passing is too easy, dunking is too easy. They need to make the game more about taking good shots and playing good D.

Where are your game sliders at?

Did you increase them so that you hit more shots?

I guarantee if you lower them you want be making shots as much.

Also how is the game speed? Did you increase it, are you using turbo the entire time, do you have fatigue off?

All of that plays a part.

Reezy
07-14-2008, 11:33 AM
How come 2K9 has a price cut after like 3 months while Live doesn't have one until like a year after it was released?
True that.

The difference between the two isn't nearly as much as people are making it out to be.

TmacYao2
07-14-2008, 11:33 AM
2k9, 2K's has always been better than EA games

Crunchy12489
07-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Do you know how many uncontested layups I have missed in Live 08? When T-Mac/AI/LeBron miss a lay up through traffic (with no one trying to block/contest the shot) it really pisses me off.

Not to mention they really overrated Steve Nash, T-Mac, and Kobe on the game. No matter what you do, they make the shot. Double-team contested, it's going in...

T-Mac_Attack
07-14-2008, 11:36 AM
I'll be picking up both game so it's whatever but I'm actually looking forward to Live 09 much more just to see how bad it is once again or if it's an improvement etc. I mean, ya know 2k9 is gonna be good... right?

Reezy
07-14-2008, 11:37 AM
Do you know how many uncontested layups I have missed in Live 08? When T-Mac/AI/LeBron miss a lay up through traffic (with no one trying to block/contest the shot) it really pisses me off.

Not to mention they really overrated Steve Nash, T-Mac, and Kobe on the game. No matter what you do, they make the shot. Double-team contested, it's going in...

No idea who you're talking to. That's why there's that quote button in the bottom right hand corner of every post.

Knicks845
07-14-2008, 11:38 AM
2k9 is gonna be the *****.

GRIMLOCK
07-14-2008, 12:01 PM
NBA 2K series is way better than any Live games. NBA Live si like playing Hockey with out the skates and ice. You do a crossover and u slide from one side of the court to the other. Live just plain sucks.

daveydeux
07-14-2008, 12:04 PM
I love Tony Parker, but that doesn't mean I'll be getting Live '09. I wish 2K was still making football, cuz' it was alot better than Madden. 2K Sports is the ****.

HoopsMachine
07-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Sticking with 2K since I have bought it since 2000 when it first was released on Dreamcast. I defected one year to Live because ESPN NBA 2k5 (Ben Wallace cover) was just terrible but since then it's been 2k all the way. I actually like Sony's NBA game better than Live. Shot meter is nice and the controls are simple.

G-Menfan4lyfe
07-14-2008, 12:26 PM
i thought i heard that EA sports bought out 2K sports or bought the rights to be the only sports game platform.... maybe it goes in effect in 2010 or maybe im misinformed??? someone let me know if they know anything about this!!

RocketsRule
07-14-2008, 12:32 PM
I heard that there is supposed to be a huge announcement about Live today....

HoopsMachine
07-14-2008, 12:34 PM
i thought i heard that EA sports bought out 2K sports or bought the rights to be the only sports game platform.... maybe it goes in effect in 2010 or maybe im misinformed??? someone let me know if they know anything about this!!

yea I was actually going to mention this... if it does happen I think it would be ******** for EA to drop NBA 2k so Live can be the sole NBA game.

Crunchy12489
07-14-2008, 02:19 PM
No idea who you're talking to. That's why there's that quote button in the bottom right hand corner of every post.

I wasn't talking to anybody.

I was talking ABOUT NBA Live 08 for XBOX360/PS3.

I was just talking about how the game really screws me over sometimes.

Missing uncontested layups with AI, LeBron, and T-Mac? What the hell? If anything, these guys are the best finishers in traffic, and you mean to tell me they blow easy lay ups?

Steve Nash is soooo overrated on that game. Every shot he shoots its in. I checked the stats after the game (playing the CPU on the hardest difficulty), and he scored like 42 points. He shot 92%.... What... The.... ****.... I think he shot like 9/10 from 3PT land....

It wasn't luck... I did a rematch and he still dropped like 38 points shooting 85%... No ****ing way...

theuuord
07-14-2008, 05:05 PM
when will basketball games wake up and create a superstar mode ??

That's become NECESSARY.
You make a superstar in College Hoops 09/2K9 and have him drafted in the NBA???
How awesome would that be?

Kings Faithful
07-14-2008, 05:33 PM
I played live religiously all the way up to Live 05...Before that i didn't like the 2k games i thought they were worth rents, but kinda cheap and the default camera angle was horrible. Then i played NBA 2k5 and it raped butt. So 2k9 is my game. I played nba live 08 not to long ago and i hated it.

mcnasty54
07-14-2008, 05:33 PM
2k8 has some serious problems/glitches but still going to get 2k9

lakersinNY
07-14-2008, 05:54 PM
2k7 2k8 are great!!! so 2k9 is my choice

Voodoo Alchemy
07-15-2008, 12:45 AM
I heard that there is supposed to be a huge announcement about Live today....

NBA Live 09 Doesn't Disappoint

I'll be honest. I've been a Live guy since it first came out in 1995 for the Super NES. The game today bares absolutely no resemblence to its '95 counterpart - thankfully. In the last couple of seasons I've been told over and over the the 2K series is better, but the controls are so radically different - and my time to learn new controls so limited - that I've stuck with the old standby. Live 2007 was so terrible that I put it back in the box and played 2006 for another year, though I did like the fact that I could play with a legends team that featured Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler.

Live 08 is a MUCH better game. The online play is silky smooth and there are times when you forget you're playing a video game and not watching the real thing. There are still areas that could be better, of course. Kevin Durant can score 100 points in a game and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. You can't steal the ball from him and he doesn't miss. The same is true of Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, but at least they're amazing in real life. Too often players shoot a lay-up off the back of the backboard and it's called a turnover - that never happens in real life. I don't know how many times I've kicked to an open teammates only to find he was inexplicably standing out of bounds . . .and there doesn't seem to be an out of bounds on the baseline. But overall, Live 08 feeds my basketball jones during those rare occasions when I'm not in an NBA venue watching the real thing.

Live 09 is another animal altogether. We were invited to the debut last night at the Palm Casino in Vegas, where we're covering summer league, and this game is ridiculous. Rockets GM Daryl Morey was standing over my shoulder giving me tips as the game's producer (Brian Ullrich) explained some of the features and new additions to the game. You'll be happy to know that this edition allows you to play defense, but that's just the beginning. The "DNA" feature is out of this world, as Morey explained in great detail. The game actually has player tendencies programmed in and it changes with each and every game a player plays. If Luther Head gets hot and jumps into Houston's rotation in November, he'll get hot and be in the rotation in the game. If Rashard Lewis is more effective going left, he'll be more effective going left in the game. No more waiting for roster updates, either. The catch-phrase for the game is "Made Fresh Daily," and that's an apt description. Every day the system will automatically update to include the latest stats, lineups, injuries, trades, signings . . .you name it. Every time you turn the game on it makes sure you're playing with the latest players in their current situations.

We'll be putting up some video and photos later this week, but for now know this - you'll want to be at your local retailer on October 7th. EA just turned up the heat on the basketball game market. No one will touch Live 09.

tonyd3b54
07-15-2008, 01:04 AM
ive seen the pics for 2k9 and live has the better graphics no more... in the game trailer i thought i was looking at kg... the game play is so much better in 2k u hav to actually time the release of the shot instead of waiting for a light to turn green which is extremely gay like they do in live... u even hav to time the release of layups u cant just flick the joy stick and expect it to go in wen the guy is being pressured...

BigEric
07-15-2008, 01:04 AM
Games are getting too real that they are becoming boring. The last basketball game i really liked, was NBA live 2003. The 2k series has been consistant but it is very realistic, but it's very boring.

lavis
07-15-2008, 01:05 AM
NBA Live is dead to me. '08 was one of the worst games I've ever played.

CUBSin08
07-15-2008, 01:19 AM
im looking for a good franchise mode with realistic salary caps and controlling revenues and stuff, which game would give me that?

Afridi786
07-15-2008, 01:26 AM
i like 2k8 but im not sure i'll buy 2k9 because kg is on the cover

KiLLA RAiDER
07-15-2008, 01:39 AM
so 2k sucks becuz your not good at it...2k imo is a better game in ever possible category you could compare em in. i can hit 3s, make all my layups, im sorry dude u must suck..got a 360?? whats the gamertag i might have2 FU UP in it

Kall out!!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeee:D

kv9588
07-15-2008, 01:43 AM
2k is the best. It was better in football than madden until they bought them out imo.

Vinny642
07-15-2008, 04:34 AM
OMFG OMFG OMFG
I just heard from my brother that NBA Live 09 gave Chris Paul a 88.????? WTF???
Also they gave Kevin Martin a 81??? WOW they need me to rate people

NOTIBLES FOR MY RATINGS
- CP3-99
King James-99
Kobe- 42 and a half
Mike James-100. LOL

XJW18
07-15-2008, 04:57 AM
NBA Live (since 05) is for people who don't like real basketball.

what an idiot!

Knicks845
08-20-2008, 08:00 AM

Yeah they either suck real bad or adverge like 15,5,5,1,1 lol I wish they would prospects on there for the draft in the second year of association, (Rubio,Jennings,Hasheem) :shrug:

NYKnickFanatic
08-20-2008, 08:03 AM
Well, I would vote, but its closed.

:(

But I go with 2K9.

I love 2K!

king4day
08-20-2008, 08:39 AM
Well, I would vote, but its closed.

:(

But I go with 2K9.

I love 2K!

It's not closed, I just voted.

Are there any links to game play or reviews yet?

soriano2008WS
08-20-2008, 08:57 AM
I'll prob get the Live I just always thought of 2K as a rip off verison

JOE V
08-20-2008, 08:59 AM
i played both live n 2k for many years. live 96 was my first 1 and 2k2 was my frist 1 of 2k. and since 02 ive played both. lives gameplay is rediclouslybad n stupid. sometimes when i dribble i feel like mj. not micheal jordan. micheal jackson moon walkin. shootin is ok until you start missin for no reason. and dunk contest is old.why do u think ea wanted 2 buy 2k. so it could take out 2k. and keep gta franchize.theyre scared of 2k thats why they took out 2k football. it was catchin up 2 them. 2k is an allround better. most game sites say it. i luv it. jus my opinion. if u like live then dont let me stop u.lol. but for ify people i suggest 2k