PDA

View Full Version : OK this is BS, Favre needs to be a Packer

twelvePack
07-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Well people can say what they want, but Favre needs to be back with the Pack. We made it to the NFC Championship Game with him last year, and if the team improves at all on defense or in run blocking, then we should be on our way to the Super Bowl. I'm not saying it is right to Rodgers, but Favre is far from washed up, and it would be best for the team to have him as the starting QB. Yeah, he couldn't make up his mind or whatever, but he was pressured into making a decision, and he made the wrong one. I'm sorry but it is Brett Favre we are talking about here. If the TT can't overlook Favre's poor decision, then he never wanted him back too badly to start out with. I think the possibility that TT is going to let Favre play for another team is the biggest load of bull**** I have ever seen. This sucks, and TT needs to do the right thing here. The right thing is to welcome Favre back as the starting QB of the Packers too.

jericson
07-12-2008, 12:34 PM
I'd say let him compete for the starting job like everybody else. I think he's gotten too big for his britches.

hughest4
07-12-2008, 12:54 PM
I think it's pretty messed up that Brett Favre has been jerking this franchise around like he has this offseason with the whole retirement issue. However, i would still take Brett over Aaron for this season because he gives us the best chance to win it all. I don't know if him coming back is a possibility though, we'll see

servais77
07-12-2008, 12:58 PM
I'd say let him compete for the starting job like everybody else. I think he's gotten too big for his britches.

I have no problem with that. I would guess that would end in about 2 practices.

twelvePack
07-12-2008, 01:01 PM
I have no problem with that. I would guess that would end in about 2 practices.

About one practice, I would say. Maybe that's what they will do. Favre is a lock to win.

newdude
07-12-2008, 01:09 PM
I made a similar thread, but it was more overwhelmingly negative than I'd anticipated. Hopefully this will be more positive in wanting Favre back.

Smithy04
07-12-2008, 01:33 PM
The fans obviously want him to start for us at QB. Maybe a boycott or massive e-mails need to be sent to the Packer organization in order to show them how Wisconsin feels about Favre.

Urbs
07-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Ya know, I think having those two fight out the starting role wouldnt be a bad idea at all. Then when Rodgers loses and Favre is our QB he cant complain about it because he couldnt beat out the competition. Athletes never complain when someone takes their job because thats how sports are played. The best player starts.

Ryan Diesel
07-12-2008, 01:54 PM
If the release, trade, or bench Favre I will be involved of some kind of protest. I'll probably drive right up to Lambeau. I'm sure there will be thousands of angry townfolk already there waving rakes and torches at the gates of Lambeau. What did Rodgers ever do to win this job? Who did he beat out? It was just given to him. So if it was just given to him, it can just as easily be taken away. I kinda remember this one thing in sports that has been pretty consistent throughout the course of time. The best guy gets to play. Bottom line, no other questions asked. If your better, your start. If your not, well then you better get better.

newdude
07-12-2008, 01:58 PM
If the release, trade, or bench Favre I will be involved of some kind of protest. I'll probably drive right up to Lambeau. I'm sure there will be thousands of angry townfolk already there waving rakes and torches at the gates of Lambeau. What did Rodgers ever do to win this job? Who did he beat out? It was just given to him. So if it was just given to him, it can just as easily be taken away. I kinda remember this one thing in sports that has been pretty consistent throughout the course of time. The best guy gets to play. Bottom line, no other questions asked. If your better, your start. If your not, well then you better get better.

Amen to that!!

Ryan Diesel
07-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Ok I think Rodgers is pretty good, but....

this is what scares the dogpiss out of me and causes me to lose sleep at night.

Tedford QB's drafted in the first round.

Fresno State
Trent Dilfer 6th overall 1994, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Oregon
Akili Smith 3rd overall 1999, Cincinnati Bengals
Joey Harrington 3rd overall 2002, Detroit Lions

California
Kyle Boller 19th overall 2003, Baltimore Ravens
Aaron Rodgers 24th overall 2005, Green Bay Packers

Not a very accomplished QB class there. All were supposed to be the next coming. Most of these guys took jobs from QB's that were better than them. What if we have the next Kyle Boller, or Joey Harrington? What if we send Favre packing for the next Akili Smith??

Urbs
07-12-2008, 02:07 PM
Ok I think Rodgers is pretty good, but....

this is what scares the dogpiss out of me and causes me to lose sleep at night.

Tedford QB's drafted in the first round.

Fresno State
Trent Dilfer 6th overall 1994, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Oregon
Akili Smith 3rd overall 1999, Cincinnati Bengals
Joey Harrington 3rd overall 2002, Detroit Lions

California
Kyle Boller 19th overall 2003, Baltimore Ravens
Aaron Rodgers 24th overall 2005, Green Bay Packers

Not a very accomplished QB class there. All were supposed to be the next coming. Most of these guys took jobs from QB's that were better than them. What if we have the next Kyle Boller, or Joey Harrington? What if we send Favre packing for the next Akili Smith??

Those are some pretty scary stats. It would be real sad to see Brett Favre play for another team for Akili Smith. I totally agree, as I have posted in other threads that the best man plays. Anyone who has played a sport at almost any level can tell you that.. That is why it should be Brett;s job no questions asked. Everyone knows Favre is better than Rodgers. I have nothing against Aaron, but he did nothing to be the starter.. NO ONE EVER ACCOMPLISHES ANYTHING WHEN IT IS JUST GIVEN TO THEM.. At worst they should have to compete for the starting job. Then no one gets their feelings hurt.

twelvePack
07-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Well we were 13-3 last year with Favre at the helm, to we would be looking good at 9-7; 10-6 with Rodgers this year. That should say enough. Favre gives us the best shot at a Super Bowl. Like I said before the only thing that needs to improve is O-line giving us a consistent running game. A lot of people overlook that fact in the NFC Championship game. If we could have pounded the ball 40 times in that game, it would have been a blowout. Childress would give his left nut in Minnesota for Favre. This shouldn't even be a question.

Rodgers is just going to have to get over it. I do feel bad for the guy, but I don't think he ever ruled out Favre coming back. Rodgers is a big boy, and he knew this was probably going to happen. He is under contract for two years, and TT doesn't have to do anything with him. This will probably be, undoubtedly Favre's last year anyway. Another thing to look at here, is the fact with Favre at the starter this year, helps us at the QB position for the future too, just for the fact that it gives Brohm another year of experience. Next year Rodgers will be the starter, and Brohm will have a season under his belt as a back-up instead of being a rookie backup. Favre coming back for the Pack only helps this team.

beast
07-12-2008, 06:09 PM
I think it's pretty messed up that Brett Favre has been jerking this franchise around like he has this offseason with the whole retirement issue.

I agree. Also I think Favre should be a Packers, but I don't think anybody should be name the starter at any position, on any team. JMO. I think every team should let the best person for the job, by the start, who ever that is.

newdude
07-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Well we were 13-3 last year with Favre at the helm, to we would be looking good at 9-7; 10-6 with Rodgers this year. That should say enough. Favre gives us the best shot at a Super Bowl. Like I said before the only thing that needs to improve is O-line giving us a consistent running game. A lot of people overlook that fact in the NFC Championship game. If we could have pounded the ball 40 times in that game, it would have been a blowout. Childress would give his left nut in Minnesota for Favre. This shouldn't even be a question.

Rodgers is just going to have to get over it. I do feel bad for the guy, but I don't think he ever ruled out Favre coming back. Rodgers is a big boy, and he knew this was probably going to happen. He is under contract for two years, and TT doesn't have to do anything with him. This will probably be, undoubtedly Favre's last year anyway. Another thing to look at here, is the fact with Favre at the starter this year, helps us at the QB position for the future too, just for the fact that it gives Brohm another year of experience. Next year Rodgers will be the starter, and Brohm will have a season under his belt as a back-up instead of being a rookie backup. Favre coming back for the Pack only helps this team.

I lol'd at the bolded part, but I'm not gonna said anything else, bcuz u sum it up already, so continue to preach the truth:clap:

AFlagRules
07-12-2008, 07:09 PM
I say no. Doesn't deserve it at all.

He should have made up his mind the day he retired, not to.

Its Rodgers team now, and thats that.

twelvePack
07-12-2008, 07:13 PM
I say no. Doesn't deserve it at all.

He should have made up his mind the day he retired, not to.

Its Rodgers team now, and thats that.

Check your head!!!!! This is Favre's team, and that's a fact. Favre has stood in the ****, and had his own ability questioned, while he helped norture these young guys, including Rodgers. In other words, Favre has done all of the **** work, and he deserves to take the reigns this year if he wants them.

iam brett favre
07-12-2008, 07:15 PM
:nod: he should be.

AFlagRules
07-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Check your head!!!!! This is Favre's team, and that's a fact. Favre has stood in the ****, and had his own ability questioned, while he helped norture these young guys, including Rodgers. In other words, Favre has done all of the **** work, and he deserves to take the reigns this year if he wants them.

You don't quit one day, have the reigns handed over to another man, decide to come back 3 months later and say i want back in and expect to get it back. I don't care how long, how much work or how much effort you've put into it. Favre does not deserve to do this, he decided to quit and have his job given to another.

The only way i would be fine with this, is if Aaron Rodgers personally says that he will give his starting job to Brett for another year.

This is real life, not a video game. Get it through your head that this **** does not happen.

twelvePack
07-12-2008, 07:22 PM
You don't quit one day, have the reigns handed over to another man, decide to come back 3 months later and say i want back in and expect to get it back. I don't care how long, how much work or how much effort you've put into it. Favre does not deserve to do this, he decided to quit and have his job given to another.

The only way i would be fine with this, is if Aaron Rodgers personally says that he will give his starting job to Brett for another year.

This is real life, not a video game. Get it through your head that this **** does not happen.

Who are you??? Rodgers???? I could see three months into the season, but what did Favre miss?????? Minicamp?????? Are you ****ing joking me, training camp hasn't even started yet. Strahan waited until the regular season last year to come back for the Giants, did it screw over somebody who went through training camp, and who thought he had the job. Yes it did, but what was the result of that move. SUPER BOWL VICTORY, because the D-line won that Super Bowl for the Giants.

AFlagRules
07-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Who are you??? Rodgers???? I could see three months into the season, but what did Favre miss?????? Minicamp?????? Are you ****ing joking me, training camp hasn't even started yet. Strahan waited until the regular season last year to come back for the Giants, did it screw over somebody who went through training camp, and who thought he had the job. Yes it did, but what was the result of that move. SUPER BOWL VICTORY, because the D-line won that Super Bowl for the Giants.

Strahan DID NOT retire in the first place. 2nd of all, there is a HUGE difference between a QB and a DE so stop comparing both those positions.

The point is, Favre QUIT ON THE TEAM...He deserves NOTHING..Whatever he gets he should be happy with. Rodgers was named the starter when Favre retired, and they aren't going to strip him of it because of a quitter who wants to come back 3 months after the fact.

beast
07-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Strahan DID NOT retire in the first place. 2nd of all, there is a HUGE difference between a QB and a DE so stop comparing both those positions.

The point is, Favre QUIT ON THE TEAM...He deserves NOTHING..Whatever he gets he should be happy with. Rodgers was named the starter when Favre retired, and they aren't going to strip him of it because of a quitter who wants to come back 3 months after the fact.

Yup, that sounds right.

twelvePack
07-12-2008, 07:34 PM

Say whatever you want, but there is no difference. Strahan didn't make a decision at all. He let Tuck go through all of training camp thinking he was the starter, and then decided he wanted to play. They could have said alright Strahan, you are the back-up, but nope they paid him his due respect, and won the Super Bowl.

A quitter??? What are we two years old???? If Favre was a "quitter", he would have quit on TT and his unexperienced coach and roster two years ago. Nope, they begged Favre to come back then because they knew they were ****ed without him. So what does Favre get now a, "Well thanks for helping us develop our roster, especially Rodgers Brett, but unfortunately we have to kick you in the balls now."

GBFan4Life
07-12-2008, 08:16 PM

i agree that they should let him compete for the starting job but how has he got too big for his britches??? its brett favre. if he wants to come back than we should accept for everything he has done for this franchise.