PDA

View Full Version : All Hail Ed Stephanski

I Am Beast 19
07-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Good ole Ed got me feeling like he will have our team at the top for years to come. Look at the moves he's made already, everything is working out and our team seems to be running alot smoother. Why couldn't Billy King do this, if only we had Ed when Iverson was here, we could've won a championship for sure, no doubt in my mind Ed would've got Ivey the best players!.......Thanks for nothing Billy Boy, ALL HAIL ED

Sixerfan29
07-12-2008, 12:20 PM
u r rite dead on.... billy king did **** for us now we got us one of the best gm kwnon to man

Liney3506
07-12-2008, 01:00 PM
:pity: n00bs. Just because you can make a thread, doesn't mean you should.

BChydro86
07-12-2008, 01:13 PM
he did good, but he still should have found a way to draft CDR or chalmers.

PhillySportFan
07-12-2008, 01:29 PM
he did good, but he still should have found a way to draft CDR or chalmers.

I think the draft is overrated, sure you will find future players there but like what 1/2 the first round or worse probably doesn't even stay in the NBA. Even if they do some are bench warmers.

PhillySportFan
07-12-2008, 01:31 PM
I agree though, Thank you Ed! I think he will do what needs to be done to make this team win, haven't felt that way about any Philly team in a while. I trust whatever he does for the rest of this offseason. Unless he trades Iggy but I really don't think he's even thinking about doing that, think it's just this dumb forum. lol..

charlsdq7
07-12-2008, 01:52 PM
if he can somehow get us an outside thread i think hes just a beast.

Shieldsz
07-12-2008, 01:53 PM
I think he got a fantastic pickup in Mareese Speights, made 2 trade both for cap room, and signed a top 8 power forward in this league. Expect him to make 1 or 2 more moves before this season starts...they will probably be minimal but we still have to sign 2 players to our roster.

:clap: Great Job Ed, we all got your back

Iverson730
07-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Did you see that Speights scored 22 points and grabbed a game-high 13 rebounds in the tip-off game of the summer league?

FNM BOY
07-12-2008, 02:05 PM
^^Yep...excellent sign for a rookie PF whose teacher will be Brand!!!

Shieldsz
07-12-2008, 02:29 PM
I expect the same performance tonight...if not better

Denver's summerleague team = scrubs

NoChance.
07-12-2008, 02:48 PM
You guys still need a consistent 3 pt shooter to spread the floor,other wise people are just gunna double Brand and make you rely on inconsistent shooters,

Shieldsz
07-12-2008, 03:14 PM
1 shooter doesnt change that much for us but iggy, lou, thad, even Willie can hit the open shot when they need to

PhillyLuver
07-12-2008, 04:24 PM
:pity: n00bs. Just because you can make a thread, doesn't mean you should.

I second this.

PhillyBoomerang
07-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Billy's Failure was always on not having money.. He would give contracts to players that did not deserve the money, i think he was a little to afraid of letting some bench players go.. but not young players.. like 33+ players. But Billy and the rest of the staff had no money to get a player like Brand. But thats all in past, to say we would have won is easy to say know..

That being said Ed is a lot more likable then Billy, i hope that he can finish off the offseason by getting Iggy and Lou, who are both very young.. and get a shooter.. we can def. contend this year.. a few more pieces and we are set!

Mrphilly
07-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Calm down buddy, Until Ed gets us a far as Billy did, you might want to slow down with all your praise.

Billy tried, and you know he did. He gave out some bad contracts yes, but he also brought in some damn good talent. When AI was here, he found a way to trade a bunch of bums for C. Webb. Only the Maloofs, C.Webb and God knew he couldnt play anymore. I still have pictures from the "We got C. Webb and now we are going back to the finals" party I threw. So let the season playout before we give Ed the executive of the year award!!!!

Sixerlover
07-12-2008, 09:11 PM
^ Agreed, but unlike Billy Ed seems like he has a plan in mind. Billy was just trying to get as much talent around AI as possible without a plan for the team (defensive, offensive) and that was his downfall at the end IMO. When you have a plan that is going into effect the results tend to show.

AirJordanXVIII
07-12-2008, 10:16 PM
I really know this is OT, but seriosuly..

It's Stefanski. Not Stephanski. Sorry that's been bothering me.

Jeff Boyd
07-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Was it Billy kING WHO got us to the championship or Larry Brown at GM?

Liney3506
07-13-2008, 01:17 AM
Larry Brown. Billy King ****ed it up from there.

I Am Beast 19
07-13-2008, 02:21 AM
Sorry AirJordan for spelling his name wrong I was to lazy to look up the correct spelling, lmao get the hell outta here, you really posted the correct spelling of his name, if you didn't like it or it was bothering THEN DON'T LOOK AT IT, go take a nap or something, and to Mrphilly and sixerlover, you can get technical all you want but your blind if you can't see Ed is way better, he has a record of getting good players too, Richard jefferson, Vince Carter, Kerry Kittles when he was good etc. Ed also has a great draft record, you can stand up for Billy Boy all you want but you know he ran us into the ground, I COULD BE A GM BETTER THAN BILLY KING! if you like him so much or want to stick up for his GM ability, why dosent' he have any work right now