PDA

View Full Version : J.J. Redick

RelaxedFan
07-12-2008, 11:54 AM
J.J. is not happy in Orlando. I watched him when he was at Duke but very little in the NBA. What does everyone think about him? Could Brent teach him to understand his role as a bench player who is a 3 point guy?

stevefrancis
07-12-2008, 12:09 PM
its sad when a team doesn't play a player for no reason. trade him and let him show what he can do. your not one of the best college players ever for no reason. this always happens when a player leaves one team after not playing on his former team and becomes a great player. look at tmac once he left toronto he became a superstar.

Jay22Redd
07-12-2008, 01:24 PM
its sad when a team doesn't play a player for no reason. trade him and let him show what he can do. your not one of the best college players ever for no reason. this always happens when a player leaves one team after not playing on his former team and becomes a great player. look at tmac once he left toronto he became a superstar.

Look at James Posey too.

But I think he'd okay going to another team. He'd probably average 10-12pts which is pretty good. But Orlando said they are not going to give up on him.

{}
07-12-2008, 05:57 PM
I'll take Novak over Redick any day. Novak stands a better chance getting off a shot, and keeping up with opposing fowards than Redick does at the guard level. He doesn't get minutes in Orlando for a reason, namely, he's out of his depth at the NBA level.

*Superman*
07-12-2008, 06:02 PM
The only reason JJ gets no PT is because he is a liability on D and we have enough 3 point shooters anyways. I think he will be a good role player in the NBA someday, averaging 10-15 PPG. Otis has said that he intendeds to keep JJ, but i don't see what the point is if he gets no time on the court.

I agree with most people that he should be traded cause he is doomed in Orlando.

Rockets&Browns
07-13-2008, 01:26 AM
The only reason JJ gets no PT is because he is a liability on D and we have enough 3 point shooters anyways. I think he will be a good role player in the NBA someday, averaging 10-15 PPG. Otis has said that he intendeds to keep JJ, but i don't see what the point is if he gets no time on the court.

I agree with most people that he should be traded cause he is doomed in Orlando.

What 3 point shooters do we have besides Barry and Novak who won't play? I'm confused about that statement. Do you see what a Kyle Korver does to a good team with a good guard and big man? Barry isn't even Korver, but we could use someone else IMO!

Jpripper88
07-13-2008, 01:47 AM
What 3 point shooters do we have besides Barry and Novak who won't play? I'm confused about that statement. Do you see what a Kyle Korver does to a good team with a good guard and big man? Barry isn't even Korver, but we could use someone else IMO!

He is a Magic fan.

Rhyming Rebel
07-13-2008, 04:38 AM
JJ is overrated and should have never been taken in the lottery

yaowowrocket11
07-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Do we not have Barry, Head and Novak? Pretty much the same exact players, except a million times better.

stevefrancis
07-13-2008, 02:04 PM
well look what novak can do and he can't play D. i bet nobody here would mind wanting him to get more minutes and play around 20 a game. they didn't even let JJ play and thats what he's mad about. plus he's coming off the bench last time i saw there's no kobe or tmac type of player thats so hard to guard coming off the bench. plus korver can't play D either and he gets all those minutes. most the players in this league can't play D.

HouRealCoach
07-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Another Milicec but Redick is a little small this isnt college he cant just chunk up 3's and get 25 a game this is the NBA and he is in a Big PG's body....I dont want him

ii77daman
07-13-2008, 05:47 PM
finally yao gets a sharpshooter next to him...which he hasnt got since he came in the league.....barry is better than kyle korver......and hes a real 3pt threat,,which will complement yao perfectly.....finally!!!!cant wait....the rockets r versatile now to switch line up to score or defend, i think the rockets r gona b nice next year...

when the team needs to score when they down
Yao
tmac
barry
scola
brooks

when they need to defend when they got the lead
yao
tmac
battier
rafaer
dorsey/hayes

yao,tmac,barry,rafaer,scola starting 5: sorry but i need to put barry in , i have yet to see yao play with a sharp shooter in his career,,,n we will finally see how good the team can b with a sharp shooter like barry n finally punish teams who double yao leaving some1 open....barry brings championship experience too

bench - battier,dorsey,brooks,head,greene,landry,novak,fra ncis,mutombo,hayes,jackson
bench isnt bad but will b great if francis returns to semi old self and greene develops fast and can contribute n score....i wish van gundy had this team when he was coaching....im sure he wouldnt have gotten fired and im sure he could have made this team a shut down defensive team with some1 like dorsey