PDA

View Full Version : Miami may be looking to trade for Artest

DaNtHeMaN628
07-12-2008, 10:13 AM
"Among the teams I've been told to keep a serious eye on in the Artest sweepstakes: Dallas, Miami, Phoenix, San Antonio and maybe even Charlotte. I often wonder about Toronto as well, but have yet to hear anything substantial on that front." http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/013818.html

If its Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks for Ron Artest, Brad Miller and maybe a 1st round pick, then I would do this trade. The salaries match up and we get out of Banks' contract. Miller is a huge upgrade over Blount and his contract expires 2009-2010, so no problems with Riley's plan for cap space. And Artest's contract expires next year, so if he acts up then no loss we just sign someone else; I personally think he's a great player at a good value and would be a nice fit in Miami. This trade also makes sense for the Kings. They get a lot of cap space starting next year or they can keep Marion. They also get a PG in Banks that would be a good backup for Udrih. This trade would also allow for C Sheldon Williams to start and develop.

Our new lineup would be:
Brad Miller/Mark Blount/ZO
Michael Beasley/Udonis Haslem
Ron Artest/James Jones/Dorell Wright (assuming we match offers)
Dwyane Wade/Daquan Cook
Mario Chalmers/Chris Quinn

Not too shabby.

noturnormalhero
07-12-2008, 10:18 AM
have u seen brad millers contract? he is owed 11 million this year and 12 million next year and artest is owed like 8 million and you know damn well he's not going to sign a 1-2 year deal..so he'd want long term. like at least a 4-5 deal prolly over 50-60 million. this makes sense more for the Kings than for us. i'll pass on this and rather take my chances with a trade with the Bobcats , cavs or GS. at least with those trades, it benefits both teams..not just the other

DaNtHeMaN628
07-12-2008, 10:24 AM
To noturnormal hero: I have seen his contract thats why it works. The 12 Million that gets freed up combined with our other expiring contracts in 2010 gives us the opportunity to acquire a major FA. Huge Expiring Contract = Huge Free Agent. This trade is fair for both teams. Like I said we don't need to resign Artest it depends on how he plays. Also no team would pay 50 or 60 Million b/c of the fact that he is unstable.

DaNtHeMaN628
07-12-2008, 10:26 AM
Artest = Good Player + Nice Contract b/c of the Crazyness

daleja424
07-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Artest will walk at the end of the year just like marion would otherwise...so I dont see the problem with it...

noturnormalhero
07-12-2008, 10:47 AM
To noturnormal hero: I have seen his contract thats why it works. The 12 Million that gets freed up combined with our other expiring contracts in 2010 gives us the opportunity to acquire a major FA. Huge Expiring Contract = Huge Free Agent. This trade is fair for both teams. Like I said we don't need to resign Artest it depends on how he plays. Also no team would pay 50 or 60 Million b/c of the fact that he is unstable.

they said the same thing about marbury but look at his contract now. teams overpay out of desperation. wizards and gilbert arenas? So if Artest walks, we're basically trading for Brad Miller. That's their best two players AND you want them to give up a 1st round.They'd have to have Nikki Moore or Spencer Hawes as their starter or Shelden Williams. they'd go from this :

Udrih
Garcia
Artest
Moore
Miller

to this

Udrih
Garcia
Marion
Moore
Williams

looks lesser for them..better for us i guess. but cant see them doing that. Unless they have no interest in competiting this year. doesnt seem realistic IMO. for them to get rid of artest for marion str8 up..they'd have to feel like it was possible to resign Marion. they'd want something else. cuz marion could walk. adding brad miller though, that i cant see.

sergiogon
07-12-2008, 10:51 AM
i dont want miller i do the trade marion for artest if with the rest of the money go to biedrins

daleja424
07-12-2008, 10:52 AM
i dont want miller i do the trade marion for artest if with the rest of the money go to biedrins

you cant do that. both teams are over the cap. salaries have to match...

noturnormalhero
07-12-2008, 11:01 AM
the more i think about it..i think it MIGHT be more unlikely that we trade marion before the season starts. the only way is if we get a pg or starting center within the deal which now is starting to seem more dim as time goes on. marion is a tough contract for any team to pick up unless they negotiate with him and offer him an extention. they are going to have to give up a starter..maybe a 1st round pick for a player who could simply walk. Then us trying to package another bad contract in Banks/Blount makes it even more difficult. I think Ricky Davis needs to be added to these packages so add more to the trade. Ricky Davis granted isnt a showtime player but i rather have him over Blount/banks and i think most teams in the leagues could agree. a Marion/Davis/Blount would seem more appealing.

DaNtHeMaN628
07-12-2008, 11:02 AM
How don't you guys see that Miller is a huge upgrade over Blount? This trade allows us to contend now, while ensuring we have a nice future aka 2010 free agency. This would allow us to have more cap room than anybody in 2010, while allowing us to contend for two years before free agency. If Artest walks, no big deal, move Beasley to 3 and Haslem goes back to 4; plus we use that 8 Million in cap to sign someone else. This is a win-win.

IRUAM #21
07-12-2008, 11:03 AM
they said the same thing about marbury but look at his contract now. teams overpay out of desperation. wizards and gilbert arenas? So if Artest walks, we're basically trading for Brad Miller. That's their best two players AND you want them to give up a 1st round.They'd have to have Nikki Moore or Spencer Hawes as their starter or Shelden Williams. they'd go from this :

Udrih
Garcia
Artest
Moore
Miller

to this

Udrih
Garcia
Marion
Moore
Williams

looks lesser for them..better for us i guess. but cant see them doing that. Unless they have no interest in competiting this year. doesnt seem realistic IMO. for them to get rid of artest for marion str8 up..they'd have to feel like it was possible to resign Marion. they'd want something else. cuz marion could walk. adding brad miller though, that i cant see.

You didnt even mention kevin martin

ATX
07-12-2008, 11:06 AM
How Artest plays next season will go a long way in determining his subsequent contract. I see him being to signed to more like a 5/40 deal, rather than 50-60million.

DaNtHeMaN628
07-12-2008, 11:08 AM
The Kings are rebuilding they aren't looking to be instant contenders, they're looking to develop young players. This allows them to do that. Worst Record = Better Picks to surround Kevin Martin with. And they instantly become one of the top players in the 2009 free agent market where they can acquire young talent to surround Kevin Martin with. Win-Win. Even Trade.

_Supreme_
07-12-2008, 11:10 AM
The word in the Kings forum is that their owner seems to be almost desperate to ditch Artest, so Marion wouldn't necessarily be necessary in this trade.

Whatever happens: no future first rounders should be leaving the Heat in any such trade.

fins08
07-12-2008, 11:10 AM
many ppl say he is a top 10 player in this league when his head is screwed on right. 20 ppg, lockdown defense.

DaNtHeMaN628
07-12-2008, 11:11 AM
We become real contenders and have more cap space in 2010 than anyone else. Resign Wade + Sign Wade's friends aka Bosh among others = Nice Future for the Heat.

bballplayer8432
07-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Yeah well then we would have Beasley Marion and Artest. Im sure none would like to be coming off the bench. Maybe if we give marion we can get a first round pick also

King Koopa
07-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Yeah well then we would have Beasley Marion and Artest. Im sure none would like to be coming off the bench. Maybe if we give marion we can get a first round pick also

What are you talking about......... Bro the only reason, were even talking about artest is because were Trading Marion for Artest, so were not going to have Beasley,Marion,and Artest together...... Thats stuid.

_Supreme_
07-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Btw funny that all those teams are mentioned, and not the Lakers, while in the Laker forum a lot of their fans seem to think they have the biggest chance on him (for Odom).

_Supreme_
07-12-2008, 11:18 AM
What are you talking about......... Bro the only reason, were even talking about artest is because were Trading Marion for Artest, so were not going to have Beasley,Marion,and Artest together...... Thats stuid.

Read my earlier post.

We could trade Marion fopr someone else after, but for Artest he is too big of a trading chip Imo, and we might not even have to give up that much.

bballplayer8432
07-12-2008, 11:20 AM
so what do u think theyd take from us?

daleja424
07-12-2008, 11:22 AM
marion/banks for Artest/Miller seems to work pretty darn well

bballplayer8432
07-12-2008, 11:25 AM
marion/banks for Artest/Miller seems to work pretty darn well

yeah thats good also millers more for offense if zo comes back i think it would be a good combo

Diehardheatfan
07-12-2008, 11:27 AM
"Among the teams I've been told to keep a serious eye on in the Artest sweepstakes: Dallas, Miami, Phoenix, San Antonio and maybe even Charlotte. I often wonder about Toronto as well, but have yet to hear anything substantial on that front." http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/013818.html

If its Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks for Ron Artest, Brad Miller and maybe a 1st round pick, then I would do this trade. The salaries match up and we get out of Banks' contract. Miller is a huge upgrade over Blount and his contract expires 2009-2010, so no problems with Riley's plan for cap space. And Artest's contract expires next year, so if he acts up then no loss we just sign someone else; I personally think he's a great player at a good value and would be a nice fit in Miami. This trade also makes sense for the Kings. They get a lot of cap space starting next year or they can keep Marion. They also get a PG in Banks that would be a good backup for Udrih. This trade would also allow for C Sheldon Williams to start and develop.

Our new lineup would be:
Dwyane Wade/Daquan Cook

Not too shabby.

Thought about this trade months ago. Nice to see someone else caught on

daleja424
07-12-2008, 11:29 AM
...my only problem honestly with this whole scenario is that I dont want to get off to another bad start like we seem to do a lot lately and Miller will be suspended for the first 5 games...

Diehardheatfan
07-12-2008, 11:32 AM
The word in the Kings forum is that their owner seems to be almost desperate to ditch Artest, so Marion wouldn't necessarily be necessary in this trade.

Whatever happens: no future first rounders should be leaving the Heat in any such trade.

Id give Marion and Banks. But after reading your comment, do you think we could do this supreme? Haslem, Blount, and j-williams in a sign and trade? For artest and marion??? They want j-williams and are trying to lure him back over. They really like haslem and blount makes the money match??? I would love this trade. But i also would love to trade banks for mayo..... Thats how much i love the heat,lol. Let me kno what you think

daleja424
07-12-2008, 11:34 AM
deleted

daleja424
07-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Id give Marion and Banks. But after reading your comment, do you think we could do this supreme? Haslem, Blount, and j-williams in a sign and trade? For artest and marion??? They want j-williams and are trying to lure him back over. They really like haslem and blount makes the money match??? I would love this trade. But i also would love to trade banks for mayo..... Thats how much i love the heat,lol. Let me kno what you think

Blount makes the money NOT match.
Artest= 9 mil
Haslem + Williams = maybe 10 mil (max)
Haslem+ Blount+ Williams = 18 mil

I they wouldn't do that anyways. They can, at the very least, get back expiring contracts and a young player from a team like Cleveland...

_Supreme_
07-12-2008, 11:36 AM

I have no idea. I hope we get the best deal possible, but as usual none of us can say for sure what is actually going on behind the scenes/in Riley's head and what is realistic or not.

The people in the Kings forum were saying they got the impression their owner really wants to get rid of Artest. That might or might not be true.

Diehardheatfan
07-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Blount makes the money NOT match.
Artest= 9 mil
Haslem + Williams = maybe 10 mil (max)
Haslem+ Blount+ Williams = 18 mil

I they wouldn't do that anyways. They can, at the very least, get back expiring contracts and a young player from a team like Cleveland...

for artest and miller

daleja424
07-12-2008, 11:52 AM
for artest and miller

ohhhh... then definately not! They wont trade two starters for just our bad contracts... It make NO Sense for them. For that they mine as well just keep who they have and let them expire...

gmen2139
07-12-2008, 11:56 AM

Our new lineup would be:
Dwyane Wade/Daquan Cook

Not too shabby.

i would do that only if we could also some how get rid of mark blount's contract

Diehardheatfan
07-12-2008, 12:10 PM
ohhhh... then definately not! They wont trade two starters for just our bad contracts... It make NO Sense for them. For that they mine as well just keep who they have and let them expire...

They want to get rid of both so yes they would do it. In trading marion and banks for miller and artest. They are getting rid of millers contract.

daleja424
07-12-2008, 12:12 PM
They want to get rid of both so yes they would do it. In trading marion and banks for miller and artest. They are getting rid of millers contract.

THAT they WOULD DO IMO. Thats not what you said before though. You were talking about Haslem/Blount/Banks for Artest/Miller. Which wouldn't even happen in Live 08 with computer rejects trade turned off...

Diehardheatfan
07-12-2008, 12:17 PM
THAT they WOULD DO IMO. Thats not what you said before though. You were talking about Haslem/Blount/Banks for Artest/Miller. Which wouldn't even happen in Live 08 with computer rejects trade turned off...

get your facts right guy!!! I first said marion and banks. That was my rip off deal. Read before you start typing stuff

marlinsfan24
07-12-2008, 12:18 PM
I love the idea of getting Artest. It would really erase the major need of a PG as Artest can handle the ball as well. This would take a lot of pressure of Chalmers if he were to be our starter and Wade as well.

Diehardheatfan
07-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Also we would have a really good team defensively with chalmers, wright, artest, haslem,zo. Hopefully wade has worked on his defense

sergiogon
07-12-2008, 01:20 PM
i prefer marion for kaman he has good size and defend well alot of rebounds and blocks is what pant need:with kaman and dorell defend wade and beasley have are free to score

kaman
beasley
dorell
wade
chalmers

daleja424
07-12-2008, 01:51 PM

get your facts right guy!!! I first said marion and banks. That was my rip off deal. Read before you start typing stuff

excuse you but this is your quote:

all I did was respond to whether that would/could happen... I wasn't ripping you or anything. I started by simply replying that they would trade two starters for our bad contracts...and then this whole mess started. YOU GO BACK AND READ

Master Mind
07-12-2008, 02:53 PM
I'd rather keep Marion or trade him for Smith, Ellis, Okafor + Felton or Wallace, whatever makes the deal sweeter...

greek miami hea
07-12-2008, 03:48 PM
i dont want artest!no ******** way!guys,marions is better than artest.i say we trade marion for okafor and wallace.or to the gs for ellis!

sergiogon
07-12-2008, 06:49 PM
and if we trade marion for biedrins and B.wright and then haslem and B wright for artest?? the line up could be:
Mario
Wade
Artest
Beasley
Biedrins

MiamiHeatMafia
07-12-2008, 07:41 PM
I would take Artest anyday he is a beast on D.

kntresistheheat
07-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Besisdes, I look at it like this although miller contract is 11mil were basiclly trading one bad contact for another! Banks is what 4-6mil? Lets say 4 that means were getting miller for 8mil and artest for 8mil as well, And if we decide not to keep artest then let him walk and miller we might be able to use him in a trade he would be easer to trade he is decent center. We would have all that free space for 2010....Guys we need help now! After last year we have to find a way to get the fans back and excitement back, We already know that marion is all about the money and he wont cut back in his contract and that was a bummer for us heat fans, I would love for him to stay because I think he is awsome but we know he is using us just like were using him so get something out of it? Artest might be great for us this year and we fill a void at center!

If there's better trade out there than am for it, but if this is our last choice? Then go for it!!!!!!!:clap:

DaNtHeMaN628
07-13-2008, 01:29 AM
I'm glad that you guys finally see its a win-win for both teams.