PDA

View Full Version : emeka okafor to join the clippers??

greek miami hea
07-12-2008, 05:22 AM
Still, there’s no sense reaching free agency unless you’re open to changing teams. The flavor of the moment is the Clippers, whose loss of Elton Brand leaves them short a power forward but holding abundant salary-cap room.

I’m told it would be no problem for the Clippers to start a contract in the $10million to $12million range, so with annual raises they could offer at least as much as the Bobcats did.

The Clippers had Smith in for a visit, and he seems to be their priority. Smith is smaller than Okafor, but more of a runner and leaper.

You sign Okafor to get more rugged, and the Clippers already have a big-bodied rebounder in center Chris Kaman. Maybe they’re thinking Smith’s dunking and shot-blocking have appeal for a franchise always challenged to sell tickets.

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba/nba-news/clippers-offering-emeka-okafor-12-million-a-year-ar48646.html

greek miami hea
07-12-2008, 05:23 AM
whats going on???are we going to make a big trade or no???i was hoping we could get okafor for marion!!!!

Mambo Kings
07-12-2008, 05:32 AM
I was hoping we could land Okafor :mad:

greek miami hea
07-12-2008, 05:48 AM
I was hoping we could land Okafor :mad:

well.nothing is over yet

_Supreme_
07-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Imo Okafor is not the answer.

He would be another undersized center, and I'd like to have someone not undersized at that position, especially because if Beasley will play PF in the future he would be undersized too.

Also, he has had injury problems in the past, and he has never been close to being an actual elite big man in the game despite the monster block/rebound stats he sometimes puts up.

greek miami hea
07-12-2008, 09:39 AM
so,anthony!he might be the answer!

noturnormalhero
07-12-2008, 10:14 AM
i mentioned the clippers interest for okafor like 3 days ago..and supreme..he might be undersized but doesnt mean he cant get the job done. people wanted marion to be PF ..he's undersized too. even brand and scola are under sized but still have the ability to guard taller opponents.

daleja424
07-12-2008, 10:27 AM
so,anthony!he might be the answer!

anthony is 6'9''... okafor is 6'10''...

greek miami hea
07-13-2008, 05:15 AM
anthony is 6'9''... okafor is 6'10''...

ok.so...what are we going to do?

DQL
07-13-2008, 07:02 AM
I have no problem w/ Okafor. If we can offer Haslem and Banks for him then I'll do it in a second

jdricks
07-13-2008, 09:04 AM
Dont be dumb people. I would only take Okafor for Marion and maybe Banks. Trading Haslem would be idioitic and plus Okafor is strong and a pounder inside. He can play center which is what he has been doing.He put up good numbersb at the center playing guys like Shaq, Yao, Howard, Pau, and Bynum. He's strong and can get the rebounds and lets not forget he an excellent defender. Plus he plays bigger than his size and doesn't that remind you of another undersized center on the Heat. Don't forget that undersized played pretty well in the minutes he got.

DQL
07-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Dont be dumb people. I would only take Okafor for Marion and maybe Banks. Trading Haslem would be idioitic and plus Okafor is strong and a pounder inside. He can play center which is what he has been doing.He put up good numbersb at the center playing guys like Shaq, Yao, Howard, Pau, and Bynum. He's strong and can get the rebounds and lets not forget he an excellent defender. Plus he plays bigger than his size and doesn't that remind you of another undersized center on the Heat. Don't forget that undersized played pretty well in the minutes he got.

I don't want to trade Haslem too but this trade can't be done w/o him. Charlotte was said to covet Haslem. He's what they need, not Marion.

Another scenario is Haslem+Marion for Okafor+Wallace (forwards swap)

BullsNumber1Fan
07-13-2008, 01:53 PM
^I would take Okafor+Wallace over Haslem+Marion so I don't think the Bobcats would do that trade. Maybe a Marion+Haslem+Banks could land you Okafor+Felton which would be good for you guys and would fill your 2 only needs, a PG and C.

Master Mind
07-13-2008, 03:42 PM

What?! :laugh2::laugh:

Master Mind
07-13-2008, 03:43 PM
I don't want to trade Haslem too but this trade can't be done w/o him. Charlotte was said to covet Haslem. He's what they need, not Marion.

Another scenario is Haslem+Marion for Okafor+Wallace (forwards swap)

I love this!!!!!! :D

Pran Raznor
07-13-2008, 04:18 PM

Another scenario is Haslem+Marion for Okafor+Wallace (forwards swap):pity:

Your not RAPING the Bobcats

jrodmesche
07-13-2008, 04:57 PM

:eyebrow: if you got rid of banks than quinn would be a second stringer and ide rather get rid of haslem then marion beacause marian is going to be part of why we are so good with him wade and beasley we have somthing going

_Sn1P3r_
07-13-2008, 06:23 PM
well.nothing is over yet

Yup. It's all just speculation. A lot people thought EB was staying in LA right?

greek miami hea
07-13-2008, 07:12 PM
Yup. It's all just speculation. A lot people thought EB was staying in LA right?

u are right.does anyone know when the trades deadline is?

Pran Raznor
07-13-2008, 07:39 PM
^I think it's Feb 21st

noturnormalhero
07-13-2008, 07:54 PM
u are right.does anyone know when the trades deadline is?

The Nba tradeline is like in feb...i wanna say the 21st but i could be wrong. But yeah, anyone who says they want Marion to stay here is thinking present term. Unless Marion takes a significantpay cut next year to continue playing with us, which is unlikely, i cant see him being part of our long term plans at all. You have to see the big picture. Marion is taking up A LOT of cap space and trading him you could fill holes in the PG or C position, pick up a 1st round pick and even a role player as well ALL while saving money in the cap. I like Marion, always have..but as a Heat fan, i rather have him leave to create cap room. After this season he could walk..so i rather trade him now and get something for him...especially if it's a young prospect or draft pick because yeah, we'd be getting more future help.

DQL
07-13-2008, 10:14 PM
:pity:

Your not RAPING the Bobcats

Not exactly a rape. Charlotte appears to want to get rid of Wallace's contract and they are in love w/ Haslem (at least they were). I'm not surprised if it happens