PDA

View Full Version : Raptors Going To Make Any Other Big Moves?

carlo4444
07-12-2008, 04:48 AM
dose anyone think the raps might make another big time move for someone like marion?:confused:

T.O-Fan
07-12-2008, 08:17 AM
nnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

blujaysrock
07-12-2008, 08:18 AM
probably not

Ragun
07-12-2008, 08:21 AM
maybe. i hope so, to acquire the scoring SF.

Dragan
07-12-2008, 08:59 AM
i dont think so. no money, and they have beem rumblings that bc likes the lineup.

so what we are goign to see is srobably one or two minor aquasitions.

star
07-12-2008, 09:23 AM
i cannot possibly see how we can financially make a deal for marion .... please enlighten me

ramz.n
07-12-2008, 09:50 AM
we have been through this..NO NO NO lol unless you you trade another big peice like a Kapono and Parker which will cause a problem at the sg position and depleat our bench..is that worth it just to get a sf who jamario moon is similar too in playing style

TO Fan
07-12-2008, 09:51 AM
Couple things:

1. We don't have the assets for a trade...who are you going to give up? Parker, Graham, Kapono? That's half our bench...no way.

2. Why in the world would miami trade marion now? Their lineup looks pretty nice right now...

c: blount
pf:beasley
sf: marion
sg: wade
Pg: williams

Please stop creating these ridiculous threads.

Ragun
07-12-2008, 09:57 AM
Couple things:

1. We don't have the assets for a trade...who are you going to give up? Parker, Graham, Kapono? That's half our bench...no way.

2. Why in the world would miami trade marion now? Their lineup looks pretty nice right now...

c: blount
pf:beasley
sf: marion
sg: wade
Pg: williams

Please stop creating these ridiculous threads.

they dont have williams.

Bob_at_york
07-12-2008, 10:40 AM
dose anyone think the raps might make another big time move for someone like marion?:confused:

I like Bosh and since he would be the most likely person to go back in the trade, I would have to say no.

B2B
07-12-2008, 11:12 AM
i cannot possibly see how we can financially make a deal for marion .... please enlighten me

Raptors current Roster

O'Neal/Bargs/Jawai
Bosh/Humphries
Moon/Kapono/Graham
Parker/Adams
Calderon/Ukic

Delfino 2.7 mil qualifying offer

The trade possibilities

NJ in full rebuild mode

Reports circulated that the Nets also considered moving Vince Carter for cap flexibility

Other moves seem to be coming. The Nets still need a backup shooting guard. They likely will continue to shop Marcus Williams, see if they can include Keith Van Horn in a trade and try to utilize some of their other assets — a $3.3 million trade exception

Whatever they do, the summer of 2010 will be in their thoughts.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/ne...p_front.h tml

The Nets have only $36 million earmarked toward player salaries that summer, and the removal of Carter's four-year contract would cut that in half.

Toronto Trades

Anthony Parker
Salary: $4,350,000 Years Remaining: 2

Jason Kapono
Salary: $5,356,000 Years Remaining: 3

Kris Humphries
Salary: $2,522,913 Years Remaining: 4 Replace with Delfino's 2.7mil 1y

New Jersey Trades

Vince Carter
Salary: $13,325,000 Years Remaining: 5

Marcus Williams
Salary: $1,180,200 Years Remaining: 2

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=136~3039~2433~2010~635&teams=28~28~17~17~17&te=&cash=

O'Neal/Jawai/Brezec(MSE)
Bosh/Bargnani
Moon/Graham/Finley(MSE)
Carter/Adams
Calderon/Williams/Ukic

We didn't go over the luxury tax limit. We used Delfinos 2.7 mil qualifying offer to sign 2 lesser players for 1.3 mil apiece (MSE)

We have a defensive wing in Moon
We get an offensive one in Carter
We get a backup PG for Calderon

Another option

Toronto Trades

Andrea Bargnani
Salary: $5,176,440 Years Remaining: 1

Jason Kapono
Salary: $5,784,480 Years Remaining: 2

Joey Graham
Salary: $2,449,184 Years Remaining: 1

New Jersey Trades

Vince Carter
Salary: $14,724,125 Years Remaining: 4

Marcus Williams
Salary: $1,262,520 Years Remaining: 1

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=136~3039~2987~2759~2010&teams=28~28~17~17~17&te=&cash=

O'Neal/Jawai/Brezec(MSE)
Bosh/Humpries
Carter/Moon/Finley(MSE)
Parker/Adams
Calderon/Williams/Ukic

If New Jersey only does the trade by including Van Horn

Toronto Trades

Andrea Bargnani

Anthony Parker
Salary: $4,550,000 Years Remaining: 1

Jason Kapono

Joey Graham

New Jersey Trades

Vince Carter

Marcus Williams

Keith Van Horn
Salary: $3,792,112 Years Remaining: 2

Maurice Ager
Salary: $1,042,440 Years Remaining: 1

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2982~136~869~3039~2987~2759~20 10~635&teams=28~28~28~28~17~17~17~17&te=&cash=

O'Neal/Jawai/Brezec(MSE)
Bosh/Humphries
Moon/Ager
Carter/Adams
Calderon/Williams/Ukic

O'Neal/Jawai/Brezec(MSE)
Bosh/Humphries
Carter/Moon
Ager/Adams
Calderon/Williams/Ukic

Van Horn the inactive 13th player

This is more to show that the possibility of a trade is their. BC if he wanted to I'm sure could come up with a wing player.

_Sn1P3r_
07-12-2008, 11:40 AM
To answer your question, doubt it.

blujaysrock
07-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Raptors current Roster

O'Neal/Bargs/Jawai
Bosh/Humphries
Moon/Kapono/Graham
Parker/Adams
Calderon/Ukic

The trade possibilities

NJ in full rebuild mode

Reports circulated that the Nets also considered moving Vince Carter for cap flexibility

Other moves seem to be coming. The Nets still need a backup shooting guard. They likely will continue to shop Marcus Williams, see if they can include Keith Van Horn in a trade and try to utilize some of their other assets — a $3.3 million trade exception

The Nets have only $36 million earmarked toward player salaries that summer, and the removal of Carter's four-year contract would cut that in half.

Toronto Trades

Anthony Parker

Jason Kapono

Kris Humphries

New Jersey Trades

Vince Carter

Marcus Williams

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=136~3039~2433~2010~635&teams=28~28~17~17~17&te=&cash=

O'Neal/Jawai/Brezec(MSE)
Bosh/Bargnani
Moon/Graham/Finley(MSE)
Carter/Adams
Calderon/Williams/Ukic

We didn't go over the luxury tax limit. We used Delfinos 2.7 mil qualifying offer to sign 2 lesser players for 1.3 mil apiece (MSE)

Another option

Toronto Trades

Andrea Bargnani

Jason Kapono

Joey Graham

New Jersey Trades

Vince Carter

Marcus Williams

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=136~3039~2987~2759~2010&teams=28~28~17~17~17&te=&cash=

O'Neal/Jawai/Brezec(MSE)
Bosh/Humpries
Carter/Moon/Finley(MSE)
Parker/Adams
Calderon/Williams/Ukic

Toronto Trades

Andrea Bargnani

Anthony Parker

Jason Kapono

Joey Graham

New Jersey Trades

Vince Carter

Marcus Williams

Keith Van Horn

Maurice Ager

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2982~136~869~3039~2987~2759~20 10~635&teams=28~28~28~28~17~17~17~17&te=&cash=

O'Neal/Jawai/Brezec(MSE)
Bosh/Humphries
Moon/Ager
Carter/Adams
Calderon/Williams/Ukic

O'Neal/Jawai/Brezec(MSE)
Bosh/Humphries
Carter/Moon
Ager/Adams
Calderon/Williams/Ukic

This is more to show that the possibility of a trade is their. BC if he wanted to I'm sure could come up with a wing player.

:rolleyes: :pity: we don't want carter back

ramz.n
07-12-2008, 12:59 PM
if we trade for Carter..our bench would be horrible i dont think thats very proven or good enough bench to win us games...and you got to put into consideration that what if Bosh and O'neal blow a knee, Carter and his history of injuries..if that was the case do you really think we compete?

AntwanN21
07-12-2008, 02:11 PM
I sure hope so I wouldnt mind seeing Prince,Hamilton or maybe Josh Smith in a raptors uni next year!

Cmon BC!

loudif31
07-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Raptors current Roster

O'Neal/Bargs/Jawai
Bosh/Humphries
Moon/Kapono/Graham
Parker/Adams
Calderon/Ukic

The trade possibilities

NJ in full rebuild mode

Toronto Trades

Anthony Parker

Jason Kapono

Kris Humphries

New Jersey Trades

Vince Carter

Marcus Williams

O'Neal/Jawai/Brezec(MSE)
Bosh/Bargnani
Moon/Graham/Finley(MSE)
Carter/Adams
Calderon/Williams/Ukic

Another option

Toronto Trades

Andrea Bargnani

Jason Kapono

Joey Graham

New Jersey Trades

Vince Carter

Marcus Williams

O'Neal/Jawai/Brezec(MSE)
Bosh/Humpries
Carter/Moon/Finley(MSE)
Parker/Adams
Calderon/Williams/Ukic

Toronto Trades

Andrea Bargnani

Anthony Parker

Jason Kapono

Joey Graham

New Jersey Trades

Vince Carter

Marcus Williams

Keith Van Horn

Maurice Ager

O'Neal/Jawai/Brezec(MSE)
Bosh/Humphries
Moon/Ager
Carter/Adams
Calderon/Williams/Ukic

O'Neal/Jawai/Brezec(MSE)
Bosh/Humphries
Carter/Moon
Ager/Adams
Calderon/Williams/Ukic

Dude. You are kidding right? VC back in Toronto? Do you think BC has a death wish or something? What makes you think Mitchell and Colangelo would want Carter back here? What makes you think he would actuaully want to come?:confused:

IversonIsKrazy
07-12-2008, 03:28 PM
i don't think BC wil change unless it's small. I would want him to though 4 a SG/SF all-star scorer. All other teams have gotten a lot better though as well. If u include all the good teams in the east, these r all of 'em. Boston, Detroit, Magic, Raps, Sixers, Heat, Bucks etc. We need 1 more huge move to push into a championship contender. Like this;

Toronto Gets:
Gerald Wallace

Bobcats Get:
Andrea Bargnani
Jason Kapono
2010 First Rounder

PG: Jose/Ukic
SG: Parker/Joey
SF: Wallace/Moon
PF: CB4/Hump
C: JO/Jawaii

G-Wall: $9.5m

Andrea+JK=$10.5m

Bird
07-12-2008, 03:54 PM
"Cmon BC"

Are you guys kidding me? No we will not see Marion in a Raptors uniform or any other player that is an all-star this year. We don't have enough money... nor can we afford to trade away 2-3 players for 1.

As for the Nets "mock" trade... first off... the last place Carter wants to be is Toronto... he knows we don't like him here... and second, BC isn't silly enough to bring in a player who's heart isn't into winning a championship. And let's face it, Carter would rather complain then work his *** off like someone like Paul Peirce.

Next... about Marcus Williams, he can be a good player but his attitude is the last thing we need on a team like ours. Plus he seems very inconsistent with his play...

Why would we want to give away one of our best defenders in Parker, our best shooter in Kapono, and give away a cheap young guy in Kris Humphries... you guys forget or don't know, Hump is only 23... his game gets better every year and he works hard... he isn't a star nor will he be... but he is a good worker, and we need that. Why would we trade those three guys for 2 headcases??

Believe me I would love to get another great all-star player, but it won't happen this year. I started posting because I keep seeing all these silly posts about how the raptors should get this player or that player... and yeah I would love that as well... but it's getting kinda ridiculous. Almost pointless.

BC knows what he is doing, I still trust him. I don't think Bargnani is a bust yet, he has the skills, he needs to put in the work on defending, driving, and especially mentally... he is a young guy.

Anyway I'm just ranting now...

argo
07-12-2008, 04:15 PM
we might have enough to sign a ball-rack for kapono..

pg-calderon
sg-kapono
sf-ball-rack
pf-bosh
c-o'neal

Bird
07-12-2008, 04:26 PM
we do need a shiney new ball rack...

nstojic
07-12-2008, 04:43 PM
if we trade for Carter..our bench would be horrible i dont think thats very proven or good enough bench to win us games...and you got to put into consideration that what if Bosh and O'neal blow a knee, Carter and his history of injuries..if that was the case do you really think we compete?

hey, we all thought boston would not do anything because they had no bench and look at them... but again, i don't want carter back.. anyone but him...

AK-50
07-12-2008, 05:39 PM
whats with all this Carter talk? nobody wants him back and we wont come back so just stop

B2B
07-12-2008, 06:45 PM

Our bench before the trade

Bargs/Jawai
Humphries
Kapono/Graham
Adams
Ukic

Our Bench after the trade (Depends on which one of the trades)

1st one

Trade {Humphries,Kapono,Parker}

Jawai/Brezec(MSE)
Bargnani
Graham/Finley(MSE)
Adams
Williams/Ukic

I don't see a significant difference

2nd one

Trade {Bargs,Kapono,Graham}

Jawai/Brezec(MSE)
Humpries
Moon/Finley(MSE)
Adams
Williams/Ukic

I don't see a significant difference

3rd one If (KVH) is included

Jawai/Brezec(MSE)
Humphries
Ager/Finley(MSE)
Adams
Williams/Ukic

Even if you think the bench is weaker, it's not substantial enough of a drop off, unless you think Kapono & Graham r difference makers in my opinion to not warrant a trade for a better rotation player who will be playing majority mins.

Halladay
07-12-2008, 07:26 PM
The biggest move I could see happening is Rasho being bought out by Indiana and coming back to Toronto. I dont know if Indiana is going to buy him out but there's a strong possibility.

B2B
07-12-2008, 07:49 PM
"Cmon BC"

Are you guys kidding me? No we will not see Marion in a Raptors uniform or any other player that is an all-star this year. We don't have enough money... nor can we afford to trade away 2-3 players for 1.

As for the Nets "mock" trade... first off... the last place Carter wants to be is Toronto... he knows we don't like him here... and second, BC isn't silly enough to bring in a player who's heart isn't into winning a championship. And let's face it, Carter would rather complain then work his *** off like someone like Paul Peirce.

Next... about Marcus Williams, he can be a good player but his attitude is the last thing we need on a team like ours. Plus he seems very inconsistent with his play...

Why would we want to give away one of our best defenders in Parker, our best shooter in Kapono, and give away a cheap young guy in Kris Humphries... you guys forget or don't know, Hump is only 23... his game gets better every year and he works hard... he isn't a star nor will he be... but he is a good worker, and we need that. Why would we trade those three guys for 2 headcases??

Believe me I would love to get another great all-star player, but it won't happen this year. I started posting because I keep seeing all these silly posts about how the raptors should get this player or that player... and yeah I would love that as well... but it's getting kinda ridiculous. Almost pointless.

BC knows what he is doing, I still trust him. I don't think Bargnani is a bust yet, he has the skills, he needs to put in the work on defending, driving, and especially mentally... he is a young guy.

Anyway I'm just ranting now...

I've advocated this trade before but the reason I posted it here in this thread was to show that we can move players and maintain a bench even if it maybe weaker, without entering Luxury Tax. As the trade I proposed we ended up with 11 players & the money left from Delfino's qualifying offer of 2.7 mil to split on 2 MSE contracts to fill out the rest of the roster (12 active) (1 inactive).

This was to show that a move is plausible, it doesn't have to be Carter.

I can appreciate your post & reasoning but who r you to put words into anothers mouth?.

You know the last place Carter wants to be is Toronto? You can tell me if BC had a chance, he wouldn't bring Carter back?. R you their confidant that they tell you everything to be so informed on a personal level.

My baby cousin knows Vince & he likes Toronto, he had problems with management & handled the situation poorly.

(I know you want proof, I only have my word, you can choose not to believe me).

Watch this video & tell me Vince doesn't have heart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rw3ZUeOTOg&feature=related

Vince has no heart because you say so. You can honestly tell me that you know what lies in another mans thoughts & emotions and that you can speak on his behalf :rolleyes: Can I have the #'s for the 6/49 :D

It's called optimism

This is the part of you're post I agree with

B2B
07-12-2008, 07:58 PM
whats with all this Carter talk? nobody wants him back and we wont come back so just stop

I must be nobody because I have no problem with Vince returning.

Stop responding if you're so tired of it, ignore me & the post. It's my opinion & it's not going to change no matter how many times you tell me to stop.

Vince may never return but I will never rule out the possibility of it. It's the difference between open doors & closed doors the more options you give yourself the better.

ramz.n
07-12-2008, 09:46 PM
hey, we all thought boston would not do anything because they had no bench and look at them... but again, i don't want carter back.. anyone but him...

our situation is different than Boston, players took the minimum to play for a contending team..posey, house,cassell, brown...those players were willing to take less to win..i don't really see anyone out there on the market who can impact a game who would possibly sign for the minimum

Master P
07-12-2008, 10:48 PM
first, vince carter is not coming back. this has nothing to do with how much of a dick this guy may or may not be. nore does it have to do with his game; if he'd slash or just trail and shoot threes. no, it has to do with the fact that the raptors a) dont have money to burn, and b) at this point dont have a worthless player making as much money to dump. I speak of course of the antonio davis situation where the raptors sucked so much and needed to dump jalen's huge contract so bad that they took back a player toronto wanted no part of just for future cap flexibility. things were so bad in toronto that we actually cheered for cap flexibility and davis (for the two games he played before leaving). since things are better now, do not expect to see carter.

second, rasho is not coming back to the raptors. perhaps indiana buys him out, which would just be a 'nice' thing to do for larry bird. rasho only has one year on his contract, so it's not like buying out rasho helps the pacers. so i very much doubt they'd do so in order to allow rasho to play for a conference rival. it's western conference or a year in indy for rasho.

third, same thing as carter...forget marion. as much as i love marions game, he gets paid far too much for his talent level. that being said it brings up an interesting point...how ****ed are the raptors (and leafs) as long as the current teachers union ownership is in charge. no way a board obsessed with profits is going to allow a team to go over the luxury cap in order to take a run at the title, even though going deep into the playoffs would equal greater profits regardless. i realize going into the luxury does guarantee a championship, but lets learn from the lakers and celtics: if the team is one or two moves away from a serious change then you take it. im only 26, if the raptors (or leafs even though i dont care about hockey) haven't made a serious run at a title in the next 10 years im going to start protesting outside the ACC. i wont be calling for anyone to be fired, ill be calling for the team to be sold for someone that actually cares about sports. someone that balances a passion for profits with a passion for winning. that'll be the toronto's only hope for a title.

ramz.n
07-12-2008, 11:37 PM
first, vince carter is not coming back. this has nothing to do with how much of a dick this guy may or may not be. nore does it have to do with his game; if he'd slash or just trail and shoot threes. no, it has to do with the fact that the raptors a) dont have money to burn, and b) at this point dont have a worthless player making as much money to dump. I speak of course of the antonio davis situation where the raptors sucked so much and needed to dump jalen's huge contract so bad that they took back a player toronto wanted no part of just for future cap flexibility. things were so bad in toronto that we actually cheered for cap flexibility and davis (for the two games he played before leaving). since things are better now, do not expect to see carter.

second, rasho is not coming back to the raptors. perhaps indiana buys him out, which would just be a 'nice' thing to do for larry bird. rasho only has one year on his contract, so it's not like buying out rasho helps the pacers. so i very much doubt they'd do so in order to allow rasho to play for a conference rival. it's western conference or a year in indy for rasho.

third, same thing as carter...forget marion. as much as i love marions game, he gets paid far too much for his talent level. that being said it brings up an interesting point...how ****ed are the raptors (and leafs) as long as the current teachers union ownership is in charge. no way a board obsessed with profits is going to allow a team to go over the luxury cap in order to take a run at the title, even though going deep into the playoffs would equal greater profits regardless. i realize going into the luxury does guarantee a championship, but lets learn from the lakers and celtics: if the team is one or two moves away from a serious change then you take it. im only 26, if the raptors (or leafs even though i dont care about hockey) haven't made a serious run at a title in the next 10 years im going to start protesting outside the ACC. i wont be calling for anyone to be fired, ill be calling for the team to be sold for someone that actually cares about sports. someone that balances a passion for profits with a passion for winning. that'll be the toronto's only hope for a title.

ya..i dont see why they would buy him out, hes making around 8m and is an expiring contract which will fetch them something decent in return.

carruthers32
07-13-2008, 02:45 AM
maybe. i hope so, to acquire the scoring SF.

Why do we need a scoring sf when all the touches are going into the post?

hades
07-13-2008, 06:00 AM
dont have a quote but there is some quote in hoopsworld that says toronto being one of the five teams interested in trading for artest

B2B
07-13-2008, 07:23 AM
dont have a quote but there is some quote in hoopsworld that says toronto being one of the five teams interested in trading for artest

If not, they'll hope to make something happen with someone else. Among the teams I've been told to keep a serious eye on in the Artest sweepstakes: Dallas, Miami, Phoenix, San Antonio and maybe even Charlotte. I often wonder about Toronto as well, but have yet to hear anything substantial on that front.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/013818.html

Sacramento - Artest

Toronto Trades

Andrea Bargnani

Jason Kapono
Salary: $5,784,480 Years Remaining: 1

Future 1st

Charlotte Trades

Raymond Felton
Salary: $4,148,715 Years Remaining: 1

Nazr Mohammed
Salary: $6,049,400 Years Remaining: 3

Sacramento Trades

Quincy Douby
Salary: $1,427,040 Years Remaining: 1

Ron Artest
Salary: $7,400,000 Years Remaining: 1

Toronto Receives

Quincy Douby
Salary: $1,427,040 Years Remaining: 1

Ron Artest
Salary: $7,400,000 Years Remaining: 1

Charlotte Receives

Andrea Bargnani

Anthony Parker

future 1st

Sacramento Receives

Raymond Felton
Salary: $4,148,715 Years Remaining: 1

Nazr Mohammed
Salary: $6,049,400 Years Remaining: 3

http://hoopshype.com/market_center.htm

Why for Toronto?

Raptors r looking for toughness & a good wing defender (Artest)
Backup PG (Douby).

Why for Charlotte?

They get an offensive scoring big (Bargs)
(kapono) more offence
more talent (Future 1st)

Why for Sacramento?

They need a PG (Felton)
They need an athletic C (Mohammed)

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=25~3000~2987~2010~2753~568&teams=28~28~30~30~23~23&te=&cash=

Sacremento finished product

C - Mohammed/Miller/Hawes
PF - Moore/Williams/Ewing JR
SF - Garcia/Shareef/Thomas
SG - Martin/Salmons/Parker
PG - Felton/Udrih/Johnson/Singletary

Charlotte finished product

C - Okafur/Hollins/Ajinka
PF - Bargnani/May/Davidson
SF - Wallace/Kapono/Dudley
SG - Richardson/Morrison/Caroll
PG - Boykins/Augustin/Weaver

Future 1st

Augustin makes Felton redundant.

Toronto finished product

C - O'Neal/Humphries/Jawai
PF - Bosh//Graham/Artest
SF - Artest/Moon
SG - Parker/Adams
PG - Calderon/Douby/Ukic

Raps need one more player to fill out the roster & have Delfino's qualifying offer of 2.7 mil left, if he doesn't accept. It would be on a (G/F).

B2B
07-13-2008, 10:58 AM
Toronto pursued Marion before the draft, but the Heat declined a package including T.J. Ford (then traded to Indiana) and wasn't interested in Jermaine O'Neal (who went to Toronto in that trade and has a big contract).

http://www.miamiherald.com/594/story/602990.html

This would suggest Marion was our initial target.

So I doubt we could get Marion.

PostYourEyes
07-13-2008, 05:02 PM
i dont think they're gonna get another star player cause we got JO

Bird
07-13-2008, 05:08 PM
I've advocated this trade before but the reason I posted it here in this thread was to show that we can move players and maintain a bench even if it maybe weaker, without entering Luxury Tax. As the trade I proposed we ended up with 11 players & the money left from Delfino's qualifying offer of 2.7 mil to split on 2 MSE contracts to fill out the rest of the roster (12 active) (1 inactive).

This was to show that a move is plausible, it doesn't have to be Carter.

I can appreciate your post & reasoning but who r you to put words into anothers mouth?.

You know the last place Carter wants to be is Toronto? You can tell me if BC had a chance, he wouldn't bring Carter back?. R you their confidant that they tell you everything to be so informed on a personal level.

My baby cousin knows Vince & he likes Toronto, he had problems with management & handled the situation poorly.

(I know you want proof, I only have my word, you can choose not to believe me).

Watch this video & tell me Vince doesn't have heart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rw3ZUeOTOg&feature=related

Vince has no heart because you say so. You can honestly tell me that you know what lies in another mans thoughts & emotions and that you can speak on his behalf :rolleyes: Can I have the #'s for the 6/49 :D

It's called optimism

This is the part of you're post I agree with

hahaha are you kidding me? oh man.

I am very optimistic... look at the last sentence of my post... you know, the one you agreed with? I have nothing but optimism when it comes to the raptors. I have been watching them since they started their franchise. I had season tickets back when they played in the skydome (yes I still call it that). So as you said... don't tell me I'm not optimistic. I would love another all-star player this year... but if we have to trade away 3 role players then I really don't see this improving our team... especially with the 2 players you proposed. There is a difference between optimism and being realistic. Sure we may get another all-star caliber player in the next few years... and I hope BC does improve our roster more this year. All I am saying is there is a lot of "what ifs"... (PS I hated the Marvel comic "What If")

"You know the last place Carter wants to be is Toronto? You can tell me if BC had a chance, he wouldn't bring Carter back?. R you their confidant that they tell you everything to be so informed on a personal level." What's with this smart *** remark?

Vince has no heart because you say so. You can honestly tell me that you know what lies in another mans thoughts & emotions and that you can speak on his behalf :rolleyes: Can I have the #'s for the 6/49 :D You truly are a smart ***...

No I don't know Carter, and I never will know him. I doubted he would want to come back to Toronto... possibly because there is new management he might be fine with coming back... but the majority of the fans wouldn't want him back... and no I am not putting words into their mouths.

Watch this video & tell me Vince doesn't have heart When did I say Vince Carter didn't have a heart? I was saying that from what I have seen over the years.. VC's heart was not into winning a championship.

And what does this video prove? That Vince Carter is talented? I am aware he is talented... most of the fans know this... but were you not around when he played for our team?? Do you wonder why many fans dislike him? I like players who are focused on their job... KG for instance, always plays his *** off, even when he is on a team going no where. VC decides when he wants to play his *** off. No I am not reading his thoughts... I am reading his actions over the many years he played in Toronto. Do you remember the quotes he made after he was traded from the Raptors? The ones that he said he didn't give his all? I wouldn't want VC back simply because of his work ethic. This is besides the point... I was just proving I know he has heart to win when he wants to. I can't read minds, but his actions haven't proved me wrong so far.

"Our Bench after the trade (Depends on which one of the trades)

1st one

Jawai/Brezec(MSE)
Bargnani
Graham/Finley(MSE)
Adams
Williams/Ukic

I don't see a significant difference"

Is Michael Finley interested in coming to the Raptors?

Cortez
07-13-2008, 10:31 PM
alright
the biggest name i see coming to toronto is Shaun Livingston

B2B
07-14-2008, 12:19 AM
hahaha are you kidding me? oh man.

I am very optimistic... look at the last sentence of my post... you know, the one you agreed with? I have nothing but optimism when it comes to the raptors. I have been watching them since they started their franchise. I had season tickets back when they played in the skydome (yes I still call it that). So as you said... don't tell me I'm not optimistic. I would love another all-star player this year... but if we have to trade away 3 role players then I really don't see this improving our team... especially with the 2 players you proposed. There is a difference between optimism and being realistic. Sure we may get another all-star caliber player in the next few years... and I hope BC does improve our roster more this year. All I am saying is there is a lot of "what ifs"... (PS I hated the Marvel comic "What If")

"You know the last place Carter wants to be is Toronto? You can tell me if BC had a chance, he wouldn't bring Carter back?. R you their confidant that they tell you everything to be so informed on a personal level." What's with this smart *** remark?

Vince has no heart because you say so. You can honestly tell me that you know what lies in another mans thoughts & emotions and that you can speak on his behalf :rolleyes: Can I have the #'s for the 6/49 :D You truly are a smart ***...

No I don't know Carter, and I never will know him. I doubted he would want to come back to Toronto... possibly because there is new management he might be fine with coming back... but the majority of the fans wouldn't want him back... and no I am not putting words into their mouths.

Watch this video & tell me Vince doesn't have heart When did I say Vince Carter didn't have a heart? I was saying that from what I have seen over the years.. VC's heart was not into winning a championship.

And what does this video prove? That Vince Carter is talented? I am aware he is talented... most of the fans know this... but were you not around when he played for our team?? Do you wonder why many fans dislike him? I like players who are focused on their job... KG for instance, always plays his *** off, even when he is on a team going no where. VC decides when he wants to play his *** off. No I am not reading his thoughts... I am reading his actions over the many years he played in Toronto. Do you remember the quotes he made after he was traded from the Raptors? The ones that he said he didn't give his all? I wouldn't want VC back simply because of his work ethic. This is besides the point... I was just proving I know he has heart to win when he wants to. I can't read minds, but his actions haven't proved me wrong so far.

"Our Bench after the trade (Depends on which one of the trades)

1st one

Jawai/Brezec(MSE)
Bargnani
Graham/Finley(MSE)
Adams
Williams/Ukic

I am very optimistic... look at the last sentence of my post... you know, the one you agreed with?

This paragraph is optimism. I agree

This paragraph is pessimistic. You call it being realistic.

Me on the other hand will have hope that BC pulls the trigger on another trade. That's me being optimistic, knowing odds r not in favor of it.

:D Calling me a smart *** doesn't answer my question. How can you speak on another mans behalf & tell me what lies in his train of thought?.

Jawai
Bargnani
Graham
Adams
Williams/Ukic

Take finley off the roster & tell me if their is a significant difference.

Before-----------After

Bargs/Jawai-------Jawai
Humphries---------Bargs
Kapono/Graham----Graham
Adams-------------Adams
Ukic---------------Williams/Ukic

You're telling me that losing Hump & Kapono off the Bench for an allstar in Carter who will play starter mins, is not worth it?.

Bird
07-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Take finley off the roster & tell me if their is a significant difference.

No no I was curious if there was word that Finley was interested in Toronto, I would have liked that.. that's all.

Calling me a smart *** doesn't answer my question. How can you speak on another mans behalf & tell me what lies in his train of thought?.

I did answer your question... "VC decides when he wants to play his *** off. No I am not reading his thoughts... I am reading his actions over the many years he played in Toronto."

I also stated that I didnt know Carter and I will never know him... I can¨t speak on his behalf but my opinion was that he may not want to come back to Toronto because of how he left and how much the fans dislike him now. I am sorry for making you think Carter was my best friend. haha

Anyway this is pointless... I want another All-star player... if we get one I will come on here and send you a letter saying sorry for being so "pesimistic" about us not getting one this season. I hope you prove me wrong.

RapsFan4Life
07-14-2008, 02:08 PM
VC is over rated d*ck, he will clash with raptors new game style of sharing the ball there is no way BC will pick his sorry good for nothing ***** up, we have scoring we need more spreding the floor and toughness which VC is neither, what about the half season he doesnt play (dont act like you dont know what im talking about) .. you want to trade JK and AP which is our sick bench for a 50-60 games a season max guy .. forget vince !

Raptors current Roster

O'Neal/Bargs/Jawai
Bosh/Humphries
Moon/Kapono/Graham
Parker/Adams
Calderon/Ukic

The trade possibilities

NJ in full rebuild mode

Toronto Trades

Anthony Parker

Jason Kapono

Kris Humphries

New Jersey Trades

Vince Carter

Marcus Williams

O'Neal/Jawai/Brezec(MSE)
Bosh/Bargnani
Moon/Graham/Finley(MSE)
Carter/Adams
Calderon/Williams/Ukic

Another option

Toronto Trades

Andrea Bargnani

Jason Kapono

Joey Graham

New Jersey Trades

Vince Carter

Marcus Williams

O'Neal/Jawai/Brezec(MSE)
Bosh/Humpries
Carter/Moon/Finley(MSE)
Parker/Adams
Calderon/Williams/Ukic

Toronto Trades

Andrea Bargnani

Anthony Parker

Jason Kapono

Joey Graham

New Jersey Trades

Vince Carter

Marcus Williams

Keith Van Horn

Maurice Ager

O'Neal/Jawai/Brezec(MSE)
Bosh/Humphries
Moon/Ager
Carter/Adams
Calderon/Williams/Ukic

O'Neal/Jawai/Brezec(MSE)
Bosh/Humphries
Carter/Moon
Ager/Adams
Calderon/Williams/Ukic

Covert
07-29-2008, 07:33 AM
I sure hope so I wouldnt mind seeing Prince,Hamilton or maybe Josh Smith in a raptors uni next year!

Cmon BC!

If the Raptors could get one more star like Smith, Prince, Hamilton, or Marion, the Raptors would become contenders in my opinion.

ink
07-29-2008, 12:04 PM
When they announced the Solomon signing, Colangelo said clearly "that's it". They're done with off-season moves.

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/468848

travesy3
07-29-2008, 04:31 PM
Yep, if I remember correctly, Jose had to take a minimal pay cut just because how they miscalculated everything, they don't want to go anywhere over the lux tax. Not 100% sure if they are over now, regardless I don't expect any big moves to be made, nor do I want any at this point. By the sounds of things, Bargs is hitting the gym hard, and if he can become an 19-8 guy with 1.5 blocks as Bosh's sidekick, I will be satisfied, a mini Dirk :)

raptors wiseguy
07-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Yep, if I remember correctly, Jose had to take a minimal pay cut just because how they miscalculated everything, they don't want to go anywhere over the lux tax. Not 100% sure if they are over now, regardless I don't expect any big moves to be made, nor do I want any at this point. By the sounds of things, Bargs is hitting the gym hard, and if he can become an 19-8 guy with 1.5 blocks as Bosh's sidekick, I will be satisfied, a mini Dirk :)

those stats arent mini dirk...its dirk lol

Cortez
07-30-2008, 02:49 PM
^^lol