PDA

View Full Version : Cavs Offer in 2010

NickChrisless
07-11-2008, 11:50 PM
With the disgruntled feeling of not making a move this year, and this huge stupid Brooklyn vs. Cleveland 2010 debate that the media has spun, it has me thinking ... What would the team and offer look like come 2010?

Obviously right now, if we kept the team the way it is, we'd have HUGE cap space in 2010. We could presumably not only sign LeBron to a max deal, but also have something left in the bank to rebuild what I'd call LeBron's Cavs 2.0.

Not to mention 2010's talent pool would be stacked. Look at it like this ... Take the Nets and take the Cavs without LeBron... where do we match up in talent? The team sucks right now without LeBron, but the guy can walk on water in Ohio. He goes to New York, takes on a team that he still has to carry, and he fails... now he looks like the failure, he's the new A-Rod. Shoot the second New York drafts ANYONE in any draft, all the fans boo. It's unreal. By far New York fans are the WORST fans on the face of the planet.

Here the Cavs can lose and lose, and the whole city will gather behind LeBron and tear about the front-office to get the tools to help the guy.

So here comes 2010, we make a max offer ... I think the last person to leave a max offer behind for a lesser offer was Shaq to LA. The WHOLE package Cleveland has to offer in 2010 could be by far larger than any other.

Bausman
07-12-2008, 02:34 AM
dude...hes going to brooklyn

Talm
07-12-2008, 02:44 AM
Cap room means nothing when it comes to signing your own players... He'd get a max deal from Cleveland even if we were 100 million over the budget. And the resigned statement he's going to Brooklyn is very short-sighted, he'll only leave if he's assured his chances of winning are greater with his new team than they are in Cleveland. And let's face it, even though our roster is a bit rough right now, it's better than the crap left on the Nets roster atm.

NickChrisless
07-12-2008, 04:27 AM
Completely missed my point. Of course we can offer him just as much as anyone else, that's why it's a max offer. I'm talking about in addition to that. Think of the "offer" beyond the dollar signs. The cap room we could have that summer to also bring in someone else from the deep pool of talent. Not to mention what the city offers, the fans offer (vs. the crappy fans of the big apple), and the fact that as it stands he'd be in the same situation with the Nets ... playing along side less than exciting guys.

IndiansFan337
07-12-2008, 09:40 AM
I think the whole "LeBron to NY" thing has been so blown out of proportion. It's gotten ridiculous, actually.

If we have a team capable of winning 50+ games, he is not going to leave. That is how I feel. And as long as we get some decent young talent in here to replace the aging bigs then we will always be in contention to win 50 with LeBron no the team. Heck, we probably would have won 50 for the 3rd straight year if he didn't get hurt last year.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-12-2008, 11:07 AM
I think the whole "LeBron to NY" thing has been so blown out of proportion. It's gotten ridiculous, actually.

If we have a team capable of winning 50+ games, he is not going to leave. That is how I feel. And as long as we get some decent young talent in here to replace the aging bigs then we will always be in contention to win 50 with LeBron no the team. Heck, we probably would have won 50 for the 3rd straight year if he didn't get hurt last year.

We would've definitely won 50+ if:
1. LeBron didn't miss 6 games (0-6)
2. Z didn't get hurt for a few
3. Andy and Sasha holding out
4. The post trade games (about 5 or 6 games the Cavs had to "mesh")
I agree that if we are able to win 50+ games every year LeBron will stay I don't see why not? We do need to add some young talent more at PF/C then anything. We probably will make a trade around December this season I don't expect it but I am counting on it.

Clevefan23
07-12-2008, 11:39 AM
The nets will probley sign some other star and lebron with there not just gonna get lebron by saying come here.

Talm
07-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Completely missed my point. Of course we can offer him just as much as anyone else, that's why it's a max offer. I'm talking about in addition to that. Think of the "offer" beyond the dollar signs. The cap room we could have that summer to also bring in someone else from the deep pool of talent. Not to mention what the city offers, the fans offer (vs. the crappy fans of the big apple), and the fact that as it stands he'd be in the same situation with the Nets ... playing along side less than exciting guys.

You're right, I did miss your point :)

That being said, it will be interesting if the Cavs salary position isn't altered dramatically between now and 2010. It'll be very possible the Cavs could acquire another allstar out of free-agency as well as resign LeBron, but it's just as possible to find ourselves feeling a whole lot like Philly by signing one star and loosing another. Personally I still feel like our best chance for success is through a blockbuster trade, but if there aren't any teams out there ready to pull the plug on their franchise, this is the best we can hope for.

I will say this though, there is one scenario LeBron would dread. If LeBron was to leave Cleveland and we managed to win a championship without him, it would cause a great deal of damage to his stardom. If we're in a position to compete, he won't be heading out that door. He's a very smart man who knows how to advertise himself.

IndiansFan337
07-13-2008, 03:54 PM
I will say this though, there is one scenario LeBron would dread. If LeBron was to leave Cleveland and we managed to win a championship without him, it would cause a great deal of damage to his stardom. If we're in a position to compete, he won't be heading out that door. He's a very smart man who knows how to advertise himself.

I can assure you that we won't win a championship within the next 20 years if LeBron does leave the Cavaliers.

We won't be able to get a star like that again for some time.

NickChrisless
07-13-2008, 10:33 PM
I can assure you that we won't win a championship within the next 20 years if LeBron does leave the Cavaliers.

No doubt, we were lucky to hit that lottery as is. We're a losing town, LeBron = hope.

monster_mash
07-13-2008, 10:36 PM

Players like LBJ come along once every 10-15 years. That being said..The day he leaves you can pen the cavs in for @ least 5 straight high lottery picks.

Sbank
07-14-2008, 12:36 AM
Honestly I doubt he leave the Cavaliers. The Cavaliers have been trying to keep LeBron happy. They exploring trades when he demands to get some help and they pulled it off a huge trade at the trade dead line last season. I think unless the Cavaliers show no effect in trading to improve the offer and not a playoff team he will stay.