PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Randolph 30 points.

warriors4life
07-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Anthony Randolph scored 30 points in the warriors summer league debut. I know it's just a summer league game where there is mediocre competition, but is this a good sign? I don't know. let's remember Marco Belinelli scored 37 last year...

lincecum=future
07-11-2008, 11:13 PM
Of course its a good sign but its unlikely he will contribute this year.

Tmac416
07-11-2008, 11:14 PM
yea of course its a good sign. better than scoring zero lol. but he really show great things today without looking a tthe stas. For one, since he supposed to play the three, he was going up against a great upandomcing player in thadues young and went toe toe with him. he showed he can hang out there. not mention he was extremly confident, not over do it but when you see guys body language on teh court, he really does appear to have that "it" nellie as talking about.

Also how about some prop for b. wright. 4 blocks 10 baords, 17 points not mention people always take an akward shot agianst him. he loked way more comfortable as well. liked what i saw. also bellinelli showing off his outstanding threes was nice

Tmac416
07-11-2008, 11:15 PM
Of course its a good sign but its unlikely he will contribute this year.

He is defintly contribuating this year. read the the interview kawkami did with nelly. nelly cant stop gushing about the kid. he is going to be contributing

Lincoln Logs
07-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Belinelli was 2-5 from 3 not his best day. Still I liked Randolph and Wrights performances. Looking Forward to more from these 3.

tru_warrior
07-11-2008, 11:32 PM
He is defintly contribuating this year. read the the interview kawkami did with nelly. nelly cant stop gushing about the kid. he is going to be contributing

I'll believe it when I see it. I don't like how a lot of people are quick to believe that rookies will never play as long as Nelly is around. IMO, if the kid is learning quick and doing well in practice...he will play. Most fans only see DNP in the box score...and assume Nelly is being a moron. But we don't see what's going on in practice and what justifies Nelly's reasons.

If AR shows he can play right away...he will play. Sure, he dominated today. But wait till he has to go against the real NBA players during the regular season. Hold your judgment...don't get too caught up with summer league.

GoldenSt8OfMind
07-12-2008, 12:10 AM
Anthony Randolph scored 30 points in the warriors summer league debut. I know it's just a summer league game where there is mediocre competition, but is this a good sign? I don't know. let's remember Marco Belinelli scored 37 last year...

could have just said this in the summer league thread

IamTurboman
07-12-2008, 12:20 AM
Remember last year? Bellinelli got 27 points and everyone thougt he would be rookie of the year.

It is only one Summer league game against below par talent. It is not an indicator for future success.

Tmac416
07-12-2008, 12:43 AM
actually he got 37 but like is aid in my other post if you actually watched the game and dont like at the stats ranoplh still oked great going one on one with one the top up coming stars in young. bellnelli got his becuase he was very hot, and made alot of threes. they wouldnt have summer ball if it was completly usles in looking at players. but you mostly have to actually watch the game. and yes ranolph looked good today in his body movemnt confiedence. And i get you want a wait and see atitude but nellie is always putting thigns down and he loves ranolph. he is gonna be playing

tru_warrior
07-12-2008, 01:28 AM
could have just said this in the summer league thread

you're new here but you know whats up :clap:

TruWarrior
07-12-2008, 03:23 AM
i was at the game today and i will tell u anthony randolpg looked great. for a guy his size he looked and played like a guard, he will def contribute to the team this year he played with a confidence u just dont see from a kid his age. On anlother note i was dissapointed that brandon wright has not put on any weight he is still getting pushed around to much inside, i will continue to support brandon though because i think he has a world of talent. As a combo these two guys are going to be alot of fun to watch for years to come, Warriors future is bright!!!!

tru_warrior
07-12-2008, 03:34 AM
i was at the game today and i will tell u anthony randolpg looked great. for a guy his size he looked and played like a guard, he will def contribute to the team this year he played with a confidence u just dont see from a kid his age. On anlother note i was dissapointed that brandon wright has not put on any weight he is still getting pushed around to much inside, i will continue to support brandon though because i think he has a world of talent. As a combo these two guys are going to be alot of fun to watch for years to come, Warriors future is bright!!!!

so you couldn't think of a username so you pretty much took mine?

OneOpportunity
07-12-2008, 03:47 AM
:laugh:

Manny23
07-12-2008, 06:10 AM
did you know that Patrick O'bryant is going to be A CELTIC what a waste of a #9 pick

MYWARRIORS
07-12-2008, 11:19 AM

:eyebrow: maybe he didn't notice you :)

Mister Mitty
07-12-2008, 11:29 AM
We should temper our excitement over his 30 points. The talent level is much lower in the summer league.

I'm more interested in Wright. How did he look? Did anyone see if he got bigger to handle the bigs in the west? Has he developed a mid-range jumper?

garlicboy
07-12-2008, 02:46 PM
We should temper our excitement over his 30 points. The talent level is much lower in the summer league.

I'm more interested in Wright. How did he look? Did anyone see if he got bigger to handle the bigs in the west? Has he developed a mid-range jumper?

MM,
Wright actually impressed me with his aggressiveness and activity. Unfortunately he was getting pushed around underneath and Speights got a lot of rebounds. He tried to push the ball upcourt once, which really surprised me, and I was impressed until he lost the ball out of bounce trying to gather himself for the layup or pass, or whatever he was trying to do. His shot is so-so. He shoots it with confidence, but it's a little awkward looking.

Anthony Randolph looked like a complete STUD!!!. He did so many things and made it look easy, dribbling, jumper, passing, rebounding, blocked shots, etc.

Plays that standout:

1.) PASSING: On the break he takes the ball downcourt and fires a textbook bounce pass to someone on the left wing. The guy didn't expect it, and he blew his assist.
2.) MOVEMENT WITHOUT THE BALL/RELOCATION: He gave the ball to CJ Watson(I think) in the post. As CJ made his move, and AR's man doubled he timed it perfectly and cut to the baseline. It was impressive, because he anticipated CJ's move to the middle and cut the proper direction at the right time. Unfortunately CJ threw it out of bounds towards the sideline.
3.) DEFENSE: I think it was a switch off a pick and roll, and he was on a big guy. First he made it hard on the big guy to gain post position, chugging him. When the guy got the ball, he held his ground, played tough and bodied up. Second the guy made his move with an up and under, but AR stayed down, slid with the guy and blocked the shot. He grabbed the ball took it down court and made a no look assist to DeMarcus Nelson.

NEGATIVES:
1.) He didn't get back on defense a few times, but hopefully he learns. He also was guarding the human thoroughbred in Thaddeus Young. A couple of times it was a footrace, and Thaddeus Young just beat him downcourt.

*Some people might say that he's a black hole, but I beleive the team was calling plays for him to do Iso's at the top of the key with AR. AR was confident and smart, everytime a big man switched on him the Iso at the top of the key occurred. Also I'll take a black hole on my team any day, if that black hole shoots 12/18, 67% from the floor.

IamTurboman
07-12-2008, 08:51 PM
All we need is another TRU Warror!:clap:

Mister Mitty
07-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Well about the black hole thing, I looked at the boxscores and outside of Randolph and Wright, everyone seemed to struggle from the field. They were probably just feeding the hot hand at the time. Of course, I could be wrong. Either way, it's one game.

garlicboy
07-12-2008, 10:58 PM
It's one game, but I've seen quite a few summer league games and it's not really the stats, but how he got them that excite me. Although it doesn't show up on the boxscore, his vision and passing really surprised me, along with his shot. I am actually going to Vegas next weekend to check out a few games in person. What's up? You sound like you want him to fail or something? "Either way, it's one game."

I'm pretty excited. All of youngster looked pretty good, but CJ was pretty dissappointing. Yes he can shoot and score, but he showed he can't handle full court on the ball pressure. You can handle that in the summer, your not going to be an effective back-up PG during the season.

garlicboy
07-13-2008, 02:10 AM
I think Randolph is averaging double digits in points this season, and will see time at Power Forward. He has favorable match ups offensively at Power forward against the follwing guys. I think he can take these guys off the dribble and draw these big guys out of the key.

Denver: Kenyon Martin, Camby
Portland: Aldridge, Frye
Clippers: Tim Thomas
Sonics: Jeff Green
Memphis: Hakim Warrick
Houston: Chuck Hayes
Dallas: Nowitski

TruWarrior
07-13-2008, 02:41 AM
I HAD MINE BEFORE I SAW UR NAME, SO DON'T FLATTER YOURSELF.

garlicboy
07-13-2008, 02:50 AM
I HAD MINE BEFORE I SAW UR NAME, SO DON'T FLATTER YOURSELF.

Don't take it personal dude, he's just messing around. Welcome to our forum.

TruWarrior
07-13-2008, 02:51 AM

I'M IN VEGAS AND I WENT TO THE GAME YESTERDAY WRIGHT HAS NOT PUT ON ANY WEIGHT AT ALL,RANDOLPH ACTUALLY LOOKED ALOT LIKE WRIGHT WEGHT WISE. MOST OF WRIGHT'S POINTS CAME FROM PUTBACKS LAYUPS OR FROM THE FREE THROW LINE BUT IT IS ONLY THE FIRST GAME HE HAS PLAYED IN A WHILE SO LET'S WWAIT AND SEE HOW MUCH HIS GAME CAN MATURE OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF MONTHS, I'M REALLY ANXIOUS TO SEE NELSON GET IN THERE THIS YEAR AND REALLY TEACH SOME BASKETBALL THIS YEAR TO THESE YOUNGER PLAYERS. HE SAID TOADY THAT HE IS REALLY EXCITED TO TEACH THIS YEAR ,ALOT OF FILM WILL BE WATCHED

Lincoln Logs
07-13-2008, 03:00 AM
I think Randolph is averaging double digits in points this season, and will see time at Power Forward. He has favorable match ups offensively at Power forward against the follwing guys. I think he can take these guys off the dribble and draw these big guys out of the key.

Denver: Kenyon Martin, Camby
Portland: Aldridge, Frye
Clippers: Tim Thomas
Sonics: Jeff Green
Memphis: Hakim Warrick
Houston: Chuck Hayes
Dallas: Nowitski

I wouldn't go that far just yet. As said before its lesser competition that he's facing, although he was matching up mostly against another high draft pick, huge potential young player in Thadeuss Young. And yes I did watch the game, and I saw that he had "it", and could turn into a really special player. But in his rookie season, at age 19, and with Jackson and hopefully Buike in front of him, I don't see him averaging 10 points just yet. Maybe if Buike isn't resigned though.

I don't see him playing the 4 the majority of the time. He has the skills of a 3, and he's skinnier than Wright! But I do see how he could present some major matchup problems down the road at that position.

I wish Wright had put on a bit more weight. Still quite a long time till the regular season starts though, and I bet they'll be doing most of they're training now.

garlicboy
07-13-2008, 03:13 AM
I wouldn't go that far just yet. As said before its lesser competition that he's facing, although he was matching up mostly against another high draft pick, huge potential young player in Thadeuss Young. And yes I did watch the game, and I saw that he had "it", and could turn into a really special player. But in his rookie season, at age 19, and with Jackson and hopefully Buike in front of him, I don't see him averaging 10 points just yet. Maybe if Buike isn't resigned though.

I don't see him playing the 4 the majority of the time. He has the skills of a 3, and he's skinnier than Wright! But I do see how he could present some major matchup problems down the road at that position.

I wish Wright had put on a bit more weight. Still quite a long time till the regular season starts though, and I bet they'll be doing most of they're training now.

Randolph won't play the 4 the majority of the time, but Randolph adds another ballhandler on the floor who can bring the ball up the court and initiate the offense. That's another reason why he's going to play. Nellie said he's a Point Forward, what does that tell you. Billy Owens played a lot his rookie year, but I don't think he was as good as Randolph in dribbling, passing, creating and shooting.

Everytime the above gusy are on the court, I can see Nellie being comfortable with the match-up.

I can see Randolph having trouble against bigger bulkier PF's who have his height and length Boozer, Brand, Gasol, Amare.

Aliengames
07-13-2008, 03:15 AM
I'M IN VEGAS AND I WENT TO THE GAME YESTERDAY WRIGHT HAS NOT PUT ON ANY WEIGHT AT ALL,RANDOLPH ACTUALLY LOOKED ALOT LIKE WRIGHT WEGHT WISE. MOST OF WRIGHT'S POINTS CAME FROM PUTBACKS LAYUPS OR FROM THE FREE THROW LINE BUT IT IS ONLY THE FIRST GAME HE HAS PLAYED IN A WHILE SO LET'S WWAIT AND SEE HOW MUCH HIS GAME CAN MATURE OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF MONTHS, I'M REALLY ANXIOUS TO SEE NELSON GET IN THERE THIS YEAR AND REALLY TEACH SOME BASKETBALL THIS YEAR TO THESE YOUNGER PLAYERS. HE SAID TOADY THAT HE IS REALLY EXCITED TO TEACH THIS YEAR ,ALOT OF FILM WILL BE WATCHED

You don't really expect us to read this, do you?

garlicboy
07-13-2008, 03:15 AM

Yo,
I'm going next weekend. Any tips on seating, memorabilia, if we can take in food(I try to eat healthy), etc, etc. What's better Cox pavillion or T and mack arena? Thanks I'm watching the last game Friday, going Saturday and Sunday.

garlicboy
07-13-2008, 03:26 AM
LL,
I'm just making predictions based off what I've seen and beleive while taking a lot of factors and criteria into consideration. I hyped Randolph before the draft. I didn't think we had a shot to draft him. People called him another B. Wright but skinnier obviously that's not the case, totally different games. Sure, it's a little premature, but I've seen a few Summer leagues, and I can honestly say I've never seen a player like him. I've seen Gilbert, J-Rich, Dunleavy, Murphy, Battier, Gerald Wallace, Chris Bosh, Darius Miles, Q-Rich and I've never seen them affect the game in so many ways like Randolph and this was against lesser talent in the old Long Beach Summer league.

Even if you take away his scoring, you had to be impressed with his rebounding, you take away his rebounding, you had to be impressed with his shot blocking, take away his shot blocking, you had to be impressed by his dribbling and passing. The only thing that I don't like is that he didn't get back on defense and couldn't guard Thaddeus Young, but Young has star written on him as well(but C'mon I'm nit-picking, the guy is built like Lebron, no joke).

garlicboy
07-13-2008, 03:29 AM

Wright actually looked okay. He seemed way more aggressive and assertive, but yes very much a twig. Unfortunately, I don't think he'll be putting on too much weight during the Summer league, due to all the practcie and games. He still can, but it's hader to put on the pounds. He has time after the summer leagues though. Just hit the weights, and take the protein.

BigWheel
07-13-2008, 01:25 PM
What do you mean Nellie won't play a rookie?

Anybody remember a guy by the name of Tim Hardaway.

Pretty sure Nellie handed him the keys his rookie season and let him drive the car.

Year 1989-1990 played in 79 games

Tmac416
07-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Dont try to get hard on the REAL truwarrior. also please dont type in caps, its had to read. also wright was very agresive and mor cinfiednet, you must have fallen asleep during the game or somethign

garlicboy
07-13-2008, 03:48 PM
He never said Wright was not aggressive or confident, all he said was that Wright was the same size as Randolph.