PDA

View Full Version : Favre welcome...as a backup to A-Rod

kingofdaburbs19
07-11-2008, 10:35 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8335678?MSNHPHMA

Favre being the back up would never happen if anything when training camp starts Favre is number 2 on the depth chart and he ends up being number one after the first couple practices.

newdude
07-11-2008, 10:41 PM
This has been posted in multiple threads already, but whatever I'll give my 2 cents.

If MM and TT chose to bench Favre and start Rodgers, I will question their mental stability. Benching a 1st ballot HOF over a guy who hasn't even started a game. LOL.

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 10:46 PM
I think (someone else this too) that this could be a bluff to try to get him stay retired. But I think if he came to training camp, he'd make Rodgers look like a fool and win the job.

newdude
07-11-2008, 10:50 PM
^True, but I wonder what DD, Jennings & rest of wr core would think if they do bench him, LoLzzzz.

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Well DD def. loves Favre, and so does Jennings I think they'd much prefer him.

newdude
07-11-2008, 10:59 PM
Ding, ding, ding. Hmmmm, so is it a good idea to then bench Favre if the wrs have spent so much time with him? Don't forget the o-line too, Clifton and Tausch has been blocking #4 since their career began, so...

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 11:04 PM
yeah i dont see favre staying the backup if he's on the team.
how great is my avatar??

newdude
07-11-2008, 11:06 PM
^A great memory that is, Vikings fans will not like it, so keep it, lol.

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 11:09 PM
A great memory in a day that could be a very bad ones for Packer fans.

newdude
07-11-2008, 11:12 PM
OOHHHH, bad day it is, but new sig?

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 11:18 PM
yeah i want favre to come back to the packers!

Ryan Diesel
07-11-2008, 11:24 PM
All I know is Clifton, Tauscher, Driver, Kampman, Harris have all gotta know that it's just a matter of time until TT picks them off one by one.

hughest4
07-11-2008, 11:41 PM
All I know is Clifton, Tauscher, Driver, Kampman, Harris have all gotta know that it's just a matter of time until TT picks them off one by one.

Yeah, but you can say that for almost every sports team right now. There usually comes a time when a GM feels its necessary to part way with a veteran player/players whether is be because of salary reasons, a youth movement, etc...

Having Favre come in as a backup for us would be great, but i can't see it happening. If we don't release him then we will get a chance to see how bad he really wants to play

newdude
07-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Hughe, why is it great to have him for a backup?

hughest4
07-11-2008, 11:48 PM
Hughe, why is it great to have him for a backup?

Well, even if he came back as a backup i don't think it would last long. I feel like he would end up either earning the starting job over Rodgers or playing due to injury. Apparently they would welcome him back if he realized he wasn't coming back as the #1

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 11:51 PM
It would be great to have him as a backup becasue what happens if Rodgers isnt good, or he gets hurt? better than brohm..

newdude
07-11-2008, 11:58 PM
No guys, its not good to have him as a backup, bcuz he is Favre! He is a starter, not a backup.

Lol, I never thought there would come a day when there'll be a discussion on him being a potential backup, its just not right. :pity:

servais77
07-12-2008, 12:39 AM
Good Luck ARodge....You are going to need it after this ludicrous idea came out.

jetsfan28
07-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Scrolling across the ESPN bottom bar right now, the Packers do not plan to release Brett Favre, and welcome him back, as a backup QB, according to the Associated Press.

Ryan Diesel
07-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Well if this isn't the biggest slap in the face I've ever seen in the history of pro sports. And that's probably the understatement of the year.

jetsfan28
07-12-2008, 01:51 PM
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iJ4dh7TkvXFMpdKZU9rITbou7jtwD91SELTG0

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — The Green Bay Packers' general manager and coach say they don't plan to grant Brett Favre's request for his release.
GM Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy told The Associated Press on Saturday that the star quarterback was welcome to rejoin the team but would have to be a backup.
It was their first public comments since Favre demanded his release this week. Favre held a tearful news conference to announce his retirement March 6.
Thompson and McCarthy did not want to discuss a possible trade. Thompson said he had not received any inquiries as of Saturday morning.

Urbs
07-12-2008, 01:55 PM
I honestly wish Favre would just take the back-up role. Im not even trying to be unfair to Rodgers but if he stinks/get injured, the job is Brett's again and there is no controversy, no sour Rodgers.. Its a win win if Brett can just swallow his ego a little and take the back-up role for a little while.

jetsfan28
07-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Can they even afford that expensive of a backup?

Ryan Diesel
07-12-2008, 02:03 PM
Can you blame Favre for asking for his relese after that white headed gutless dictator told the greatest player in our franchise history who is still at the top of his game he could only come back as a backup? How do you tell Brett Favre you can be our second string QB?? Did we suddenly sign Brady or Peyton Manning??

ryanph30
07-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Heres what I think they should do. Just say fine your welcome back, but dont name him the starter or the backup. Let him and Arod fight for the starting job in camp and make one of them win the starting job, the best man wins. Thats the most fair thing to do, IMO.

hughest4
07-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Can they even afford that expensive of a backup?

Yeah, if Favre wanted to come back as a backup the Packers would have no problem paying for him. Even with him under contract i think they are somewhere around 20 mil under the cap. When they say backup do they mean that he is or isnt going to get a chance to compete for the starting position?

jetsfan28
07-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Heres what I think they should do. Just say fine your welcome back, but dont name him the starter or the backup. Let him and Arod fight for the starting job in camp and make one of them win the starting job, the best man wins. Thats the most fair thing to do, IMO.

The problem is, he'd win. And I don't think they want him to.

Soop
07-12-2008, 02:09 PM
I honestly wish Favre would just take the back-up role. Im not even trying to be unfair to Rodgers but if he stinks/get injured, the job is Brett's again and there is no controversy, no sour Rodgers.. Its a win win if Brett can just swallow his ego a little and take the back-up role for a little while.

Why would he comeback as a back up? It's not going to happen, he wouldn't go through all the preparation just to sit on the bench. I'm thinking it's a bluff game by the Pack to force him to retire and I hope Brett calls their bluff.

ryanph30
07-12-2008, 02:10 PM
Well if he is the best QB, then fine, thats whats best for the team because hes better, then he can start again.

newdude
07-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Wow, so they are going to hand Rodgers the starting job, while wanting to bench the guy who started for us for 16 seasons. Me=Disbelief

RcrkllrH2
07-12-2008, 02:13 PM
make him the backup until he calls a-rods cell phone and says "ill pay you 4 million dollars to get hurt"

then lookie here! brett's back!

iam brett favre
07-12-2008, 02:16 PM
daaamn this is getting interesting now.

newdude
07-12-2008, 02:18 PM
make him the backup until he calls a-rods cell phone and says "ill pay you 4 million dollars to get hurt"

then lookie here! brett's back!

Does Favre even need to pay him for that to happen??:rolleyes:

Hehehhe, J/K everyone:D

jetsfan28
07-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Well if he is the best QB, then fine, thats whats best for the team because hes better, then he can start again.

The problem is, even if he is better now, they clearly don't want him to start again, so they won't even give him that chance.

iam brett favre
07-12-2008, 02:19 PM
i think he'd win the job.

jetsfan28
07-12-2008, 02:22 PM
i think he'd win the job.

They said a backup. Not a guy competing for the starting job

Soop
07-12-2008, 02:24 PM
They said a backup. Not a guy competing for the starting job

Like I said before, it's a bluff game.

newdude
07-12-2008, 02:27 PM

Then Favre ain't gonna back down then. If u see what Mariucci said in the other thread, u know Favre is adamant on playing, not as a backup either. Its gonna get messy.

jetsfan28
07-12-2008, 02:29 PM

If Favre doesn't back down, I don't think the Packers can afford to cut him and let him go to another team in the division, it won't be easy to trade him, it wouldn't be that much of a shocker to see everyone call everyone's bluff and Favre being a backup (at least until Aaron Rodgers has a bad game).

Ryan Diesel
07-12-2008, 02:34 PM
I feel bad for AR if he plays bad week 1 against the Queens. Especially the way Favre dominated them last year.

Soop
07-12-2008, 02:36 PM
If Favre doesn't back down, I don't think the Packers can afford to cut him and let him go to another team in the division, it won't be easy to trade him, it wouldn't be that much of a shocker to see everyone call everyone's bluff and Favre being a backup (at least until Aaron Rodgers has a bad game).

I disagree, nothing is worse than having Brett on the bench.

1. It doesn't help out A-Rod at all with Favre behind you.
2. It doesn't send a message that your team is trying to move on.
3. The whole team will be in limbo through out the season over the QB situation.
4. If they pulled Rodgers to replace him with Favre, they might as well being giving up on Aaron right there....kiss him good-bye. It's not going to happen.

The best thing is to trade him and move on.

Brendan
07-12-2008, 02:37 PM
This is 100% a lose/lose for the Pack...

jetsfan28
07-12-2008, 02:38 PM
I disagree, nothing is worse than having Brett on the bench.

1. It doesn't help out A-Rod at all with Favre behind you.
2. It doesn't send a message that your team is trying to move on.
3. The whole team will be in limbo through out the season over the QB situation.
4. If they pulled Rodgers to replace him with Favre, they might as well being giving up on Aaron right there....kiss him good-bye. It's not going to happen.

The best thing is to trade him and move on.

Again, you make it sound like trading him is so easy, trading that huge contract is not an easy thing to do. And teams know the Packers are desperate, so why would they give any value for him?

Soop
07-12-2008, 02:39 PM
This is 100% a lose/lose for the Pack...

I agree, they now have to play with the cards their dealt with.

Brendan
07-12-2008, 02:41 PM
They might as well just release him, say Rodgers is our guy, good luck somewhere else. And if he goes to a team like the Bucs or Ravens then they MITE win. That is the ONLY way they can win this thing. But the smartest thing for them to do is release him

Soop
07-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Again, you make it sound like trading him is so easy, trading that huge contract is not an easy thing to do. And teams know the Packers are desperate, so why would they give any value for him?

It's real easy when your a future Hall Of Famer with MVP like type of season last year. There would be ton of offers, the only problem is... where's the best location for both parties?

Ryan Diesel
07-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Yeah, but you can say that for almost every sports team right now. There usually comes a time when a GM feels its necessary to part way with a veteran player/players whether is be because of salary reasons, a youth movement, etc...

Having Favre come in as a backup for us would be great, but i can't see it happening. If we don't release him then we will get a chance to see how bad he really wants to play

Right, but I'm just saying those guys window was already closing. With Favre back, they have a chance at a winner. Without him, they'll all be gone by the time we make it back to the SB level.

Soop
07-12-2008, 02:44 PM
They might as well just release him, say Rodgers is our guy, good luck somewhere else. And if he goes to a team like the Bucs or Ravens then they MITE win. That is the ONLY way they can win this thing. But the smartest thing for them to do is release him

Don't think they'll give him a choice to sign with a rival. Why release him when you have the opportunity to get something for him?

jetsfan28
07-12-2008, 02:44 PM
It's real easy when your a future Hall Of Famer with MVP like type of season last year. There would be ton of offers, the only problem is... where's the best location for both parties?

You won't have a ton of offers, that's where you're wrong. Not many teams will offer for a guy whose team is desperate to get rid of, especially not when they'd have to redo their system, bench their starting QB, have him develop chemistry with receivers, pay him a ton of money, have his large contract guaranteed for 3 years, it doesn't make sense for teams to do that when they could wait, see if the Packers release him (which isn't unlikely), and then sign him cheaper without giving anything up.

beast
07-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Can you blame Favre for asking for his relese after that white headed gutless dictator told the greatest player in our franchise history who is still at the top of his game he could only come back as a backup? How do you tell Brett Favre you can be our second string QB?? Did we suddenly sign Brady or Peyton Manning??

Total. He did it. How can you not blame him?

Gutless? To tell Favre what to do in Green Bay... that takes a lot of guts. Also Favre isn't still at the top of his game, he's still one of the best, but not at the top of his game. He was better in the early 90's.

Favre retired. He had a chance to come back, he waited too long, and he missed his chance to be named the starting QB. Now I'm sure he could win it back, now he just need to get back, and beat Rodgers out.

TT is making everybody responsible for their actions. I like it.

ryanph30
07-12-2008, 02:47 PM
We should do what the Niners did with Montana, have him go out and find his own deal if he wants to leave, otherwise, ride the pine.

beast
07-12-2008, 02:50 PM
You won't have a ton of offers, that's where you're wrong. Not many teams will offer for a guy whose team is desperate to get rid of, especially not when they'd have to redo their system, bench their starting QB, have him develop chemistry with receivers, pay him a ton of money, have his large contract guaranteed for 3 years, it doesn't make sense for teams to do that when they could wait, see if the Packers release him (which isn't unlikely), and then sign him cheaper without giving anything up.

And the fact that he could retire at anytime doesn't help. I mean if people knew Favre was going to be around for at least five years, I could see a really high pick. But Favre may never come back, or maybe only one season, that really hurts his stock, and then the contract money, I don't many buyers. I only see the owners that have a whole lot of money to spend, and the crazy ones even to maybe look. I could see the rich guys like the 'Skins owner looking, I could see Al Davis because he's crazy looking. but I don't see many offers.

Segway2_89
07-12-2008, 02:51 PM
So what they are saying is A-Rog is a better QB then Favre. Brett should come back and watch Aaron get booed off the field

Soop
07-12-2008, 02:51 PM

That's what you think. I'm sure other teams don't mind benching a quarterback for a player like Favre, that's a no brainer. There's some teams like the Bears that don't have chemistry either with their receivers, it wouldn't make a difference to install him in our offense. I'm not saying it's going to happen but I'm using my team as an example. 3 year contract? I'm sure he doesn't want to play three more years.

Ryan Diesel
07-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Total. He did it. How can you not blame him?

Gutless? To tell Favre what to do in Green Bay... that takes a lot of guts. Also Favre isn't still at the top of his game, he's still one of the best, but not at the top of his game. He was better in the early 90's.

Favre retired. He had a chance to come back, he waited too long, and he missed his chance to be named the starting QB. Now I'm sure he could win it back, now he just need to get back, and beat Rodgers out.

TT is making everybody responsible for their actions. I like it.

Missed his chance lol It's JULY. Training camp is two F'n weeks away lol He hasn't missed a damn thing. Rodgers has been the starting QB for a couple days of practice, mostly without pads, without most of our starters. Favre didn't go to minicamp the year before last and Rodgers ran the minicamp. Don't mean anything. It's JULY, early July at that.

uncfan44
07-12-2008, 02:55 PM
i deff say that favre should come back. I think the pac r sayin ride the bench or 1 of 2 reasons. A) they dont want him back and r callin his bluff or just tryin to force him to stay retired, or B) have him come back, maybe renegotiate (we know pac r cheap) contract, and win startin job. With tellin brett he is on the bench rodgers feels more confident he is the pacs qb of the future which makes him less likely to leave. All that said i think B is the better choice and most likly the right one. Although like was said earlier i agree it is a lose lose situation for the time being.

uncfan44
07-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Missed his chance lol It's JULY. Training camp is two F'n weeks away lol He hasn't missed a damn thing. Rodgers has been the starting QB for a couple days of practice, mostly without pads, without most of our starters. Favre didn't go to minicamp the year before last and Rodgers ran the minicamp. Don't mean anything. It's JULY, early July at that.

hahah not a bad point at all, didnt even think of that one. rodgers should b used to this then. lol, the only diff is last year he knew he wasnt startin this year he thinks he is.

Soop
07-12-2008, 02:59 PM
i deff say that favre should come back. I think the pac r sayin ride the bench or 1 of 2 reasons. A) they dont want him back and r callin his bluff or just tryin to force him to stay retired, or B) have him come back, maybe renegotiate (we know pac r cheap) contract, and win startin job. With tellin brett he is on the bench rodgers feels more confident he is the pacs qb of the future which makes him less likely to leave. All that said i think B is the better choice and most likly the right one. Although like was said earlier i agree it is a lose lose situation for the time being.

How is (B) even possible?

Why would he comeback to sit on the bench? It's not happening.

beast
07-12-2008, 02:59 PM

These aren't the Sherman days anymore, you can't do what ever, you have to be able to be counted on and when he retired they couldn't count on Favre. And since Favre is still retired as of now, he still can't be counted on by the coaches.

BTW most or all the starters were in OTAs.

Favre didn't commit. So he lost the starting spot. It's simple as that. The coaches couldn't count on him. He was and as of right now is retired.

The coaches could count on Rodgers to be there. Favre if you want it, go beat out Rodgers.

jetsfan28
07-12-2008, 03:01 PM
That's what you think. I'm sure other teams don't mind benching a quarterback for a player like Favre, that's a no brainer. There's some teams like the Bears that don't have chemistry either with their receivers, it wouldn't make a difference to install him in our offense. I'm not saying it's going to happen but I'm using my team as an example. 3 year contract? I'm sure he doesn't want to play three more years.

Funny, 5 years ago people would've said he doesn't want to play 2 more years, no one knows how much longer he wants to play. And a team like the Bears has a system that doesn't fit him, they would have 2 months to rewrite their playbook, completely changing the system, and teach everyone in the offense a new system and new terminology. Not worth trading anything of value for that, when you can just wait and see if he gets cut.

Ryan Diesel
07-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Can't be counted on?? The guy hasn't missed a game in 16 years. If Rodgers gets hurt in practice again, I don't know if you can count on him.

Ryan Diesel
07-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Funny, 5 years ago people would've said he doesn't want to play 2 more years, no one knows how much longer he wants to play. And a team like the Bears has a system that doesn't fit him, they would have 2 months to rewrite their playbook, completely changing the system, and teach everyone in the offense a new system and new terminology. Not worth trading anything of value for that, when you can just wait and see if he gets cut.

This is what I'm sayin, people were trying to say Favre was done way back when. He could play another two or three years. You can bet that if he plays for another team, he'll commit for more than one year. He'll honor it too if he's still good, and as Packer fans, we know better than anyone else that he's still pretty amazing.

beast
07-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Can't be counted on?? The guy hasn't missed a game in 16 years. If Rodgers gets hurt in practice again, I don't know if you can count on him.

The guy is retired. What has he done for the Packers this offseason? Nothing.

Rodgers at least showed up for the Packers.

uncfan44
07-12-2008, 03:05 PM
How is (B) even possible?

Why would he comeback to sit on the bench? It's not happening.

i guess i was not to clear in previous post. I think brett on the bench is not a bad idea. Most training camps both qbs play if favre outshines rodgers he would no longer b the back up. I cant c him not doing so, so i feel he would get the startin job.

beast
07-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Right, but I'm just saying those guys window was already closing. With Favre back, they have a chance at a winner. Without him, they'll all be gone by the time we make it back to the SB level.

With Favre, you'll get a great season but will he be able to handle the pressure of the play-offs?

With out, who knows? No body that's who. Rodgers might be able to handle the pressure better than Favre.

Soop
07-12-2008, 03:11 PM

He's 38 or 39 years old. You could say that about any team besides the Packers, but it's likely going to happen.

Ryan Diesel
07-12-2008, 03:11 PM

Wow how quick we forget everything he's done huh. What have you done for me lately, your a horrible fan. What has o'l Teddy Boy done for us in the offseason the last two years?

uncfan44
07-12-2008, 03:13 PM
we for what favre has done over the off season, b real what do u expect outta him. he was not real active last season and look how that turned out. and what has rodgers done go to mini camps, hes been a back up all his career so far, should he get a cookie for that? Its like sayin "i have not been to jail this year" ur not supposed to go to jail so y get props for it...

Soop
i guess i was not to clear in previous post. I think brett on the bench is not a bad idea. Most training camps both qbs play if favre outshines rodgers he would no longer b the back up. I cant c him not doing so, so i feel he would get the startin job.

GM Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy told The Associated Press on Saturday that the star quarterback was welcome to rejoin the team but would have to be a backup.

Doesn't seem like it's a competition there.

Ryan Diesel
Well I'm pretty sure Tim Couch would "show up" if we asked him to. Favre has only showed up for every game we've played for the last 16 years. Who cares about this offseason. It's the offseason lol Practice doesn't even start for two more weeks. I'd rather play the QB that is better, than the one that just shows up for a minicamp.

newdude
07-12-2008, 03:14 PM

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u231/cheezeguy/n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

Wow, but that is one of the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. So u wiped off 16 seasons of commitment and praise a guy who hasn't even started a game yet.

CardinalRed4eva
07-12-2008, 03:15 PM
There's no way Favre is backing up Rodgers....no f-ing way.

uncfan44
07-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Wow how quick we forget everything he's done huh. What have you done for me lately, your a horrible fan. What has o'l Teddy Boy done for us in the offseason the last two years?

thanks you....how short term minded r these ppl in here that forget who we r talkin about. started every game for 16years, longest streak EVER for a QB and we question what he has done for us...get real. So he made a mistake by retireing...he felt it was right at the time. i say we either let him back as starter or bench and have him compete, and compete he will untill hes starter.

beast
07-12-2008, 03:16 PM
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u231/cheezeguy/n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

Wow, but that is one of the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. So u wiped off 16 seasons of commitment and praise a guy who hasn't even started a game yet.

It's about what have you done lately. Lately Favre quit by retiring. Lately Rodgers has done every thing asked of him. If Favre out plays him in camp, Favre should be the starter. And he got paid for those seasons, so the Packers and Favre are even.

jetsfan28
07-12-2008, 03:17 PM
He's 38 or 39 years old. You could say that about any team besides the Packers, but it's likely going to happen.

In 2003, people were saying Green Bay should draft Boller (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2003/draft/news/2003/02/09/mock_draft/). In 2004, it was JP Losman (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/archive/2004/mock.html). In 2005, they took Rodgers, he still hasn't seen the field. Favre stayed again in 2006, 2007, now in 2008, no one knows when he will retire. Even if he doesn't last all 3 years, just lasting one more year after this one will greatly hurt a team's cap.

uncfan44
07-12-2008, 03:18 PM
Doesn't seem like it's a competition there.

so let me get this straight, ur making an attempt to quote the man who never reveals ne thing to the press, he hates press and makes a point to say everything politically correct as he can. Maybe this is him tryin to build rodgers confidence just in case favre retracts his statements again, tho him doing so is unlikly at this point.

uncfan44
07-12-2008, 03:20 PM
who knows tho, all i do know is TT never says his intentions to the press...IE this situation, not contactin press untill everything was so out of hand he had to

Ryan Diesel
07-12-2008, 03:24 PM
lol handle the pressure?? Your out of your mind. Do you only remember the games Favre has lost? In case you didn't notice he managed to scrape a few wins together in his day. More than anyone ever. I'm pretty sure there might have been a couple in there when he didn't crack under the pressure lol Are you joking?? You can't be serious. Handle the pressure, give me a break. ha ha and then ARod. We have no idea how that guy handles pressure. The only game time he's ever got it was like gimme that clip board boy and put your helmet on your in. He had no idea he was going to play. Maybe this guy gets nervous as hell before games. Breaks out in hives, pukes his guts out, pisses his pants. We don't know, he don't know. Maybe he's not going to sleep a wink the night before Week 1, MNF against the Queens. I'm willing to bet he got a good night sleep last year before the Dallas game, because he never thought in a million years he'd get in the game. We don't know how this dude acts under pressure, but I know Favre has played some of his best games under pressure. To say that "Rodgers might be able to handle the pressure better than Favre" is just insane. You do know that you can't win them all right?? Favre is going to have bad games sometimes. But less than anyone else, look at the stats. He's going to have more good games than anyone else EVER as well. It's not all on Favre, its up to the rest of the team too.

twelvePack
07-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Whatever, TT and MM are lacking one key ingredient men have, BALLS. Why don't they say he isn't welcome back???? They know, and the whole world knows that Favre is a starter, and would be the best QB on the roster, and it is an insult to Favre. Personally, if it happens, I'll drive up to Green Bay and pull a Tonya Harding on Rodgers, although I'm sure he will get injured in the shower.

newdude
07-12-2008, 03:28 PM
It's about what have you done lately. Lately Favre quit by retiring. Lately Rodgers has done every thing asked of him. If Favre out plays him in camp, Favre should be the starter. And he got paid for those seasons, so the Packers and Favre are even.

My god, dude. Have u no loyalty? The dude has been the face of the franchise for so long, and he "retire" for only 3 months. 3 Effin' months!!!! All of the things he did for team and city, and many charities and donations.

Rodgers got payed also and many r saying they feel bad for him, but we owe him **** due to your "he got paid for those seasons, so the Packers and Favre are even", why is the job gonna be handed to him, lol.

Ryan Diesel
07-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Oh he'll bail on Rodgers on the first pick he throws. He'll bail on the next Johnny Comelately after him and so on.

uncfan44
its almost like beast is a pac fan tryin to bait other pac fans. But i cant get mad, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Ryan Diesel
Apparently football players are nothing more than just cattle to him.

beast
07-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Whatever, TT and MM are lacking one key ingredient men have, BALLS. Why don't they say he isn't welcome back???? They know, and the whole world knows that Favre is a starter, and would be the best QB on the roster, and it is an insult to Favre. Personally, if it happens, I'll drive up to Green Bay and pull a Tonya Harding on Rodgers, although I'm sure he will get injured in the shower.

They have the BALLS, to tell Favre he's #2 which in Green Bay takes huge balls to do. And at least they have the BALLS to tell the truth and not be a LIER.

Ryan Diesel
07-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Balls maybe, what about BRAINS. It's time for the Packers to start using thier brains here.

beast
07-12-2008, 03:44 PM
My god, dude. Have u no loyalty? The dude has been the face of the franchise for so long, and he "retire" for only 3 months. 3 Effin' months!!!! All of the things he did for team and city, and many charities and donations.

Rodgers got payed also and many r saying they feel bad for him, but we owe him **** due to your "he got paid for those seasons, so the Packers and Favre are even", why is the job gonna be handed to him, lol.

Yes, I have tons of loyalty to the Packers because I'm a Packers fan. And that's why I love the idea, of Favre coming back and completing.

But every single position should be an open, for the best person to start. If Favre is the best, he should start.

If Favre wants to come back he can. Be every single player should have to complete for their spot every single year.

I don't feel bad for ether one, their a Packer, and they get paid every well, what's to feel bad about?

The only people I feel bad for is TT and MM, because their gettign attack and I don't know what they have done wrong other than not giving the job to Favre which they shouldn't give anything away IMO, other than money, food, and donations, to people that need it.

hughest4
07-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Oh, he's a master baiter. I think he's just one of the many Queen fans on here that pose as Packer fans so they don't get picked on like when they come in here bashing Favre with their main S/N's with their Tarvaris Whackson sigs.

Beast is entitled to their opinion on this whole situation just like everybody else is. Just because he happens to be in favor of the Aaron Rodgers era starting or having Brett compete doesn't mean he isn't a Packers fan. Brett has done a lot to make people upset this offseason, IMO.

uncfan44
07-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Yes, I have tons of loyalty to the Packers because I'm a Packers fan. And that's why I love the idea, of Favre coming back and completing.

But every single position should be an open, for the best person to start. If Favre is the best, he should start.

If Favre wants to come back he can. Be every single player should have to complete for their spot every single year.

I don't feel bad for ether one, their a Packer, and they get paid every well, what's to feel bad about?

The only people I feel bad for is TT and MM, because their gettign attack and I don't know what they have done wrong other than not giving the job to Favre which they shouldn't give anything away IMO, other than money, food, and donations, to people that need it.

now in part i can agree. i like the idea of open competition, it keeps everyone happy, but talkin like he shoudnt come back and TT is a hero...i dont agree there

beast
07-12-2008, 03:48 PM
its almost like beast is a pac fan tryin to bait other pac fans. But i cant get mad, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I don't under what is there to bad mad at, TT and MM for. Their opening very position for everyone to compete. What is there to be mad about?

The only thing I'm upset about is Favre not telling the truth, saying that it's all rumors.

uncfan44
07-12-2008, 03:54 PM

now in part i can agree. i like the idea of open competition, it keeps everyone happy, but talkin like he shoudnt come back and TT is a hero...i dont agree there

uncfan44
07-12-2008, 03:55 PM
sorry for the double post, comp froze up

beast
07-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Apparently football players are nothing more than just cattle to him.

What the heck up with the cheap shots? Just because I'm not calling for TT head, and day dreaming about Favre, I think football is cattle?

Favre should be treated just like everyone else because what has he done? Has he served the U.S.A? Has he help save a life? What has he done other than be paid millions, for paying a game?

Yes he's better than others, but it should be like the military, the higher you go the, more rights you get, but the more responsible you have to be.

Favre left his duty, yes only for an offseason. but that's not the point, the point is that he did leave. Favre hasn't done he's job in being there for his team in the offseason.

Plus every single position should be open every year. Favre left, Rodgers beat out who was here. Now if Favre wants to get back where he was beat out Rodgers.

Stop being a baby. If you want it, you can get it, now go in there and take it from Rodgers.

papipapsmanny
07-12-2008, 04:02 PM
why are th packers being so stupid, Favre is clearly better than rodgers

The whole goal of a season is to win the superbowl, and favre clearly gives them a much better aadvantage than rodgers

its ridiculous he had a 95.7 rating last year, he had the 2nd best year of his career arguably last season.... what the hell has rodgers done?? get hurt whenever he goes into a game

sry the packers are just being stupid, instead of saying screw u favre (the guy who has done wonders for the franchise) they should have told rodgers screw u (hes the guy that has done jack **** for them)

uncfan44
07-12-2008, 04:07 PM
why are th packers being so stupid, Favre is clearly better than rodgers

The whole goal of a season is to win the superbowl, and favre clearly gives them a much better aadvantage than rodgers

its ridiculous he had a 95.7 rating last year, he had the 2nd best year of his career arguably last season.... what the hell has rodgers done?? get hurt whenever he goes into a game

sry the packers are just being stupid, instead of saying screw u favre (the guy who has done wonders for the franchise) they should have told rodgers screw u (hes the guy that has done jack **** for them)

my only dispute is pac r not being stupid, the upper brass is, i know its not the rite thing to do but i would like to hear how the players feel in the matter

Soop
07-12-2008, 04:08 PM
In 2003, people were saying Green Bay should draft Boller (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2003/draft/news/2003/02/09/mock_draft/). In 2004, it was JP Losman (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/archive/2004/mock.html). In 2005, they took Rodgers, he still hasn't seen the field. Favre stayed again in 2006, 2007, now in 2008, no one knows when he will retire. Even if he doesn't last all 3 years, just lasting one more year after this one will greatly hurt a team's cap.
I just can't see him playing until he's 42, I'm sorry. I think a one and done would be best for him.

so let me get this straight, ur making an attempt to quote the man who never reveals ne thing to the press, he hates press and makes a point to say everything politically correct as he can. Maybe this is him tryin to build rodgers confidence just in case favre retracts his statements again, tho him doing so is unlikly at this point.

Yes, that's the statement he made and it's a pretty loud message. If he wanted to avoid the press he wouldn't have said anything.

beast
07-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Ryan Diesel View Post
Oh, he's a master baiter. I think he's just one of the many Queen fans on here that pose as Packer fans so they don't get picked on like when they come in here bashing Favre with their main S/N's with their Tarvaris Whackson sigs.

I think your a Favre lover, who thinks Favre is god.

Beast is entitled to their opinion on this whole situation just like everybody else is. Just because he happens to be in favor of the Aaron Rodgers era starting or having Brett compete doesn't mean he isn't a Packers fan. Brett has done a lot to make people upset this offseason, IMO.

I'm in favor of a non-quiter. If Favre comes back, that means he left for an off-season. No big deal other than he left. It doesn't matter if it's one day, and 10 year to me. He left.

I'm sorry if Favre can't handle some tough love, but he did leave.

Favre has the chances to come back. So if Favre wants it, he should come get it, and take it from Rodgers.

beast
07-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Balls maybe, what about BRAINS. It's time for the Packers to start using thier brains here.

Letting every one complete, to be the starter for every position is smart. Not trading or cutting Favre is smart. Because Favre is better with us, than against us.

beast
07-12-2008, 04:17 PM

I'm not saying TT is a hero, I'm saying he's doing his job. Favre unhappy because TT isn't letting him get away with things, that TT wouldn't let anybody get away with.

otownpack
07-12-2008, 04:25 PM
i don't like the fact that its only as a backup role. i want to bring him back period but if you dont' want to give him the starting role say its a open compition no one has a spot locked down make it a battle because arod isn't brett isn't as good as what brett is now but on the same hand we aren't benching a rod make it an open spot and this way we can see what kinda pills arod has. he's already kinda showed some cracks when asked how he has to win over fans lets see if he can take the job. make it a postion battle and see what happends

newdude
07-12-2008, 04:29 PM
I think your a Favre lover, who if ask would been over for Favre the second he ask. Have fun dropping the soap.

Dude personal attacks like that is not necessary, we're all fans here.

I'm not saying TT is a hero, I'm saying he's doing his job. Favre unhappy because TT isn't letting him get away with things, that TT wouldn't let anybody get away with.

Getting away with what? He hastily chose to retire, whoop-dee-doo. He didn't pulled a Ricky Williams and abruptly retire b4 training camp, he didn't do anything illegal, so whats the villainous act that can deem him monsterous?

If we get to keep the face of the franchise (for the past 16 seasons) for one more season, I'm happy.

SDteacher
07-12-2008, 04:31 PM
could not agree with you anymore. I was totaly against TT, until the Glazer report and this. Favre in my mind deserves this after coming out the way he did, It was He and Cook that decided to make this public and to try to make the Packers look bad. I'm just as big of a Favre fan as everyone else but I'm a much bigger Packer fan than I am a Favre Fan. That being said, this is the best scenario for us because to me it means that we're going to hold on to him until someone who we wan to have him contacts us. But I don't see him staying on the team as a backup but it could happen. That being said I'm sure nobody is going to offer us anything for him maybe a 6th at best for someone that they obviously feel will be available for free in just a matter of time.

beast
07-12-2008, 04:33 PM
lol handle the pressure?? Your out of your mind. Do you only remember the games Favre has lost? In case you didn't notice he managed to scrape a few wins together in his day. More than anyone ever. I'm pretty sure there might have been a couple in there when he didn't crack under the pressure lol Are you joking?? You can't be serious. Handle the pressure, give me a break. ha ha and then ARod. We have no idea how that guy handles pressure. The only game time he's ever got it was like gimme that clip board boy and put your helmet on your in. He had no idea he was going to play. Maybe this guy gets nervous as hell before games. Breaks out in hives, pukes his guts out, pisses his pants. We don't know, he don't know. Maybe he's not going to sleep a wink the night before Week 1, MNF against the Queens. I'm willing to bet he got a good night sleep last year before the Dallas game, because he never thought in a million years he'd get in the game. We don't know how this dude acts under pressure, but I know Favre has played some of his best games under pressure. To say that "Rodgers might be able to handle the pressure better than Favre" is just insane. You do know that you can't win them all right?? Favre is going to have bad games sometimes. But less than anyone else, look at the stats. He's going to have more good games than anyone else EVER as well. It's not all on Favre, its up to the rest of the team too.

He's 3-7 in his last 10 playoffs games, he had more picks since 2000 in the playoffs. And when it gets really cold, like in the Bears, and Giants game, the other QB has out played him.

iam brett favre
07-12-2008, 04:33 PM
:pity:
:pity::pity:
:pity::pity::pity:
:pity::pity::pity::pity:
:pity::pity::pity::pity::pity:
:pity::pity::pity::pity::pity::pity:
:pity::pity::pity::pity::pity::pity::pity:

if favre comes back to the pack and doesnt start the 1st game.

Brooke
07-12-2008, 04:36 PM
This is the biggest bunch of bull I have ever heard. This is why I have problems with the Packers management. That is a complete slap in the face

If they think Favre is going to give up they are sadly mistaken. Favre wants to play and nothing they say will change it. This is going to get very ugly

newdude
07-12-2008, 04:50 PM
He's 3-7 in his last 10 playoffs games, he had more picks since 2000 in the playoffs. And when it gets really cold, like in the Bears, and Giants game, the other QB has out played him.

Yeah, lets put him on a stake and forget him, he's the only QB that stink it up in the playoffs.

Dude, the great Marino was just 8-10 in playoffs and Peyton Manning is really not known as great in the playoffs, so being a good QB means squat if ur whole team doesn't perform in the playoffs.

uncfan44
07-12-2008, 04:52 PM
i hope it dont get to ugly, and i dont think it will. the pac r to classy to let it get to far outta hand<--------or at least i hope so. and i know brett will do whats best by him, i just hope pac do whats best by them, and have him back. quit all this bench ridin talk and say he will compete for the startin job, which he iwll win.

beast
07-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Dude personal attacks like that is not necessary, we're all fans here.

It would be nice, if he didn't we all didn't personal attack get other. But I guess he felt like attacking me, and I guess I felt like attacking back. Sorry to everyone else that has read it

He hastily chose to retire, whoop-dee-doo.

If we get to keep the face of the franchise (for the past 16 seasons) for one more season, I'm happy.

I take retiring differently than you. I take it as he left, for good or bad. He left. If you are not here, I think you should have to earn your spot, and even some as little as this is leaving.

But Favre still has a spot on the team. Favre should have to come in and complete for the starting spot, which he should of been completing for every single year. So nothing different than any other year, other than Favre will start out as the #2. If he's better than everyone he should be able to become #1.

uncfan44
07-12-2008, 05:00 PM
i c the point in competing, competition drives results, but TT seems to be sayin ur plan B rodgers is plan A and will start reguardless. I could be wrong and hope i am, but that is how im takin it now

newdude
07-12-2008, 05:07 PM
It would be nice, if he didn't we all didn't personal attack get other. But I guess he felt like attacking me, and I guess I felt like attacking back. Sorry to everyone else that has read it

I take retiring differently than you. I take it as he left, for good or bad. He left. If you are not here, I think you should have to earn your spot, and even some as little as this is leaving.

But Favre still has a spot on the team. Favre should have to come in and complete for the starting spot, which he should of been completing for every single year. So nothing different than any other year, other than Favre will start out as the #2. If he's better than everyone he should be able to become #1.

Well, whatever, we're all rooting for the same team. No one need to call others baiters or saying they'll bend over. We're not kids:D

Back on topic, I really don't mind having a competition, bcuz I really can't see Favre losing. But the problem is, they handed Rodgers the job and said "we'll welcome Favre back as a BACKUP." Show the man some respect.

beast
07-12-2008, 05:20 PM
i c the point in competing, competition drives results, but TT seems to be sayin ur plan B rodgers is plan A and will start reguardless. I could be wrong and hope i am, but that is how im takin it now

Well if he's saying Rodgers will start reguardless that is stupid, but I have not seen anything saying that.

uncfan44
07-12-2008, 05:23 PM
quote:
"It's not accurate," Thompson said of the AP report that Favre would come back as a backup. "We don't know what role that would be. He can come back as an active member of the Green Bay Packers."

Thought that was interesting as well as

quote:
"We don't know where everything is going to go," Thompson said. "It's been a distraction. It's been a distraction for our fans. I'm trying to stay steady and do the right things for the Packers and do the right thing for Brett Favre. I care about the legacy Brett Favre. I care about the legacy of the Green Bay Packers."

I know these have been out there for awhile but dont know that everyone has seen. And SOOPER44 that could prove that my statement of brett returning as a back up then make move from there was right, but i dont know time will tell. What does everyone think about what TT said in these statements exp. the first one about back up role.

iam brett favre
07-12-2008, 05:44 PM
When did TT say that? that means he could be a starter..

twelvePack
07-12-2008, 05:54 PM
Favre should be the starter, bottom line. Anyone who thinks differently is crazy. Rodgers has never even started a game. We know what we have in Favre, and that's a great ****ing quarterback. If the guy was washed up, then I could see this, but other then Tom Brady, Favre was the only other guy to get a vote for the MVP last year. Seriously, have some of you lost your minds. Favre starting isn't only the best thing for Favre, but it is the best thing for the Green Bay Packers.

newdude
07-12-2008, 06:06 PM
Favre should be the starter, bottom line. Anyone who thinks differently is crazy. Rodgers has never even started a game. We know what we have in Favre, and that's a great ****ing quarterback. If the guy was washed up, then I could see this, but other then Tom Brady, Favre was the only other guy to get a vote for the MVP last year. Seriously, have some of you lost your minds. Favre starting isn't only the best thing for Favre, but it is the best thing for the Green Bay Packers.

Of course it is, but TT and MM are not comprehending it.

beast
07-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Favre should be the starter, bottom line. Anyone who thinks differently is crazy.

I must be crazy, because I think the best QB should start at QB every single year. In 100 years I'm guessing that's not going to be Favre so I much be crazy.

Soop
07-12-2008, 06:18 PM
quote:
"It's not accurate," Thompson said of the AP report that Favre would come back as a backup. "We don't know what role that would be. He can come back as an active member of the Green Bay Packers."

Thought that was interesting as well as

quote:
"We don't know where everything is going to go," Thompson said. "It's been a distraction. It's been a distraction for our fans. I'm trying to stay steady and do the right things for the Packers and do the right thing for Brett Favre. I care about the legacy Brett Favre. I care about the legacy of the Green Bay Packers."

I know these have been out there for awhile but dont know that everyone has seen. And SOOPER44 that could prove that my statement of brett returning as a back up then make move from there was right, but i dont know time will tell. What does everyone think about what TT said in these statements exp. the first one about back up role.

:confused: Is this good or bad? :shrug:

iam brett favre
07-12-2008, 06:24 PM
I want to know what was said at that 1 PM press conference today..

Anon
07-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Brett Favre backing up Aaron Rogers?! You have got to be kidding me.

iam brett favre
07-12-2008, 06:36 PM
I think this title should be changed.. it has been publicly stated that his role on the team is not yet determied.

twelvePack
07-12-2008, 06:58 PM
I must be crazy, because I think the best QB should start at QB every single year. In 100 years I'm guessing that's not going to be Favre so I much be crazy.

Well you have to be a complete idiot to think Rodgers is better then Favre. I have news for you too, even if Rodgers looks better then Favre in training camp, he is still going to be the back-up. Practice is exactly what it is, PRACTICE!!!! It means absolutely nothing. Favre has already forgot more about football, then Rodgers has yet to learn.

beast
07-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Well you have to be a complete idiot to think Rodgers is better then Favre. I have news for you too, even if Rodgers looks better then Favre in training camp, he is still going to be the back-up. Practice is exactly what it is, PRACTICE!!!! It means absolutely nothing. Favre has already forgot more about football, then Rodgers has yet to learn.

Yes, Favre is GOD. :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::w orthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::wor thy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worth y::nod:

AFlagRules
07-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Favre can't come back now and expect to start. I'm glad we're not releasing him and I'm glad hes going to be benched. Better to get something for him then to just release him anyways.

Soop
07-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Nope, you guys make your standard two sentence posts, without one shred of factual information behind them. Why don't you tell me about your new 5-2 defense again, hahahahaaa. Seriously, it's dinner time, mom must be calling you.

Dude, your making me hungry. :drool:

beast
07-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Nope, you guys make your standard two sentence posts, without one shred of factual information behind them. Why don't you tell me about your new 5-2 defense again, hahahahaaa. Seriously, it's dinner time, mom must be calling you.

I don't need to post that much because it's commit scene, to bad you don't have any.

If you retire, you job is given to someone us, who's doing a good job, and then you unretire, your not going to job back right away.

Your to stupid to understand the defense I was talking about, we've all ready found that out.

WTF is up with all the hating?

Soop
07-12-2008, 07:42 PM
I don't need to post that much because it's commit scene, to bad you don't have any.

If you retire, you job is given to someone us, who's doing a good job, and then you unretire, your not going to job back right away.

Your to stupid to understand the defense I was talking about, we've all ready found that out.

WTF is up with all the hating?

I'm sure you meant common sense.

newdude
07-12-2008, 07:48 PM

He haven't started a game yet? All that was was non-physical practices...And its been only 3 months, nothing really have change,we keep going on about this:confused:

twelvePack
07-12-2008, 07:52 PM
He haven't started a game yet? All that was was non-physical practices...And its been only 3 months, nothing really have change,we keep going on about this:confused:

Mini camp is a big deal to these guys though, although, most veterans make any excuse they can to get out of it.

mets_believer
07-12-2008, 07:55 PM
Aaron Rodgers needs to step up here, and step down...that's right. STEP DOWN. Everybody in this world, including Rodgers himself, KNOWS the Packers have a better chance to win with Favre playing and if Favre wants to play, Rodgers should grow some balls and hand him the starting job back. Or atleast tell Thompson, you want the best team on the field, then why not an open competition. They talk about team, team, team. Favre's been here for 16 years and started every game through the thick and thin. A guy has a change of heart and you throw him down the pooper. Terrible organization. He's not coming back for the money or else I could see him riding the pine. He's coming back for the love of the game. The man plays with his heart on his sleeve. Obviously Ted Thompson is a ******* is pretty much what my point is. It's not like he's a washed up living legend, the mans got game.

twelvePack
07-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Aaron Rodgers needs to step up here, and step down...that's right. STEP DOWN. Everybody in this world, including Rodgers himself, KNOWS the Packers have a better chance to win with Favre playing and if Favre wants to play, Rodgers should grow some balls and hand him the starting job back. Or atleast tell Thompson, you want the best team on the field, then why not an open competition. They talk about team, team, team. Favre's been here for 16 years and started every game through the thick and thin. A guy has a change of heart and you throw him down the pooper. Terrible organization. He's not coming back for the money or else I could see him riding the pine. He's coming back for the love of the game. The man plays with his heart on his sleeve. Obviously Ted Thompson is a ******* is pretty much what my point is. It's not like he's a washed up living legend, the mans got game.

AMEN!!!!! :clap: Best post I have seen on here.

newdude
07-12-2008, 08:02 PM

Oh snap! :cheers:

nachopudding
07-12-2008, 08:06 PM
I have been more on the side of just trading Favre and making him and the Pack brass happy, but I am starting to reverse though a little. The ideal scenario to me would be to say forget about Rodgers, we have Brohm who will most likely turn out to be better then Rodgers if he has a few years to soak in the NFL. Bring Favre back to compete with Rodgers in camp and after he wins the batle after the first pass, trade Rodgers and start grooming Brohm. Rodgers would be pissed if Brett came back but Brett gives them the best chance to win now. They can also probably get more for Rodgers in a trade then Favre. Now that is a win win scenario. The only loser is Rodgers but I'm sure he would welcome a trade to Miami or Baltimore so he could finally play. It would all depend on TT swallowing his pride a little and trading his boy. It's a business after all. And Favre would have to say two more years at least. None of this "is he isn't he flip-flopping" crap after every season.

I'm writing TT a letter now.

twelvePack
07-12-2008, 08:20 PM
I have been more on the side of just trading Favre and making him and the Pack brass happy, but I am starting to reverse though a little. The ideal scenario to me would be to say forget about Rodgers, we have Brohm who will most likely turn out to be better then Rodgers if he has a few years to soak in the NFL. Bring Favre back to compete with Rodgers in camp and after he wins the batle after the first pass, trade Rodgers and start grooming Brohm. Rodgers would be pissed if Brett came back but Brett gives them the best chance to win now. They can also probably get more for Rodgers in a trade then Favre. Now that is a win win scenario. The only loser is Rodgers but I'm sure he would welcome a trade to Miami or Baltimore so he could finally play. It would all depend on TT swallowing his pride a little and trading his boy. It's a business after all. And Favre would have to say two more years at least. None of this "is he isn't he flip-flopping" crap after every season.

I'm writing TT a letter now.

I say keep all of them. Favre starts this year, Rodgers is the back-up, and Brohm gets over the rookie learning curve. Next year Rodgers starts, and Brohm is a back-up with a year of NFL experience under his belt.

iam brett favre
07-12-2008, 08:40 PM

:nod:

servais77
07-12-2008, 09:05 PM
What a disaster...I hope this helps end the Thompson regime. The guy uses Favre to get a five yr. contract and then shoves him aside. Favre better push this to the limits. He has my support.

servais77
07-12-2008, 10:00 PM

Has Rodgers played in a game below 75 degrees in his life? ****ing seriously.

twelvePack
07-12-2008, 10:05 PM
With Favre, you'll get a great season but will he be able to handle the pressure of the play-offs?

With out, who knows? No body that's who. Rodgers might be able to handle the pressure better than Favre.

Without Favre, I ask "Playoffs??? (in my best Mora imitation). Rodgers has never even started a regular season game, let alone a playoff game. Without Favre we might not even see the playoffs, and my money is on not seeing them.

servais77
07-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Without Favre, I ask "Playoffs??? (in my best Mora imitation). Rodgers has never even started a regular season game, let alone a playoff game. Without Favre we might not even see the playoffs, and my money is on not seeing them.

Yes but doesn't Rodgers and his Jesus Christ haircut and SoCal nature just install great confidence in that future -25 degree game at Lambeau?

RcrkllrH2
07-12-2008, 10:27 PM

i disagree with this, only in that i dont think rodgers should (or would for that matter) just come out and step down, he doesnt want to and we can all pretty much agree that he doesnt deserve this whole situation hes in

i would say that what he needs to say is "i want a fair chance at starting" or just ask to be traded, because i really dont see him wanting to sit another year (or year and half, three months...whatever favre FEELS like doing next year)

socalpkrbkr
07-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Yes but doesn't Rodgers and his Jesus Christ haircut and SoCal nature just install great confidence in that future -25 degree game at Lambeau?

Rodgers is a NOR CAL boy. BIG difference

twelvePack
07-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Rodgers is a NOR CAL boy. BIG difference

HAHAHAAAAAA, socal. First time I have laughed on here in awhile.:cheers:

socalpkrbkr
07-12-2008, 10:51 PM
HAHAHAAAAAA, socal. First time I have laughed on here in awhile.:cheers:

Its true though, we may be in the same state but we ain't the same. I'll definitely drink to that.:hi5: I'm glad I could put a smile on your face in these difficult times. Patting myself on the back:cool:

Twinke Masta
07-12-2008, 11:27 PM
benching a HOFer...great idea

LegendsNeverDie
07-13-2008, 12:52 AM
I read most of these and I still just see the NFL as a win now business league if brett gives us the best shot to win, sucks for aaron but if brett is not playing well this season we could make the switch. I never want to see that and wish brett could drink from the fountain of youth but thats not really possible. But he is still the best quarterback by far and one of the best in the league.

Now if Thomson is so damn confident in Rodgers he shouldn't be so worried about Brett going to a team that he'll beat us on bc if Rodgers is the better quarterback that prob wouldn't happen but we all know the truth behind that one. (Favre is better)

But i feel for rodgers where he doesn't want to hand the position over becuase he wants to prove he can play. The man has to have confidence in himself otherwise your useless.

Finally is it really that big of a transition scheme wise from Brett to Rodgers I mean yea Brett can do incredible things but the base scheme has to be very similar McCarthy has said he wants to be a running team and have a very nice balance b/n pass and run. So we've had minicamps but I feel like there's not a whole new playbook and everything would still be similar just maybe tweaked a little for an unseasoned starter. how hard is that to change? I really don't know the depths of that so if its a huge deal my apologys. Coaches normally stick to what they believe so it has to be similar.

gbaypack31
07-13-2008, 03:40 AM
Well if this isn't the biggest slap in the face I've ever seen in the history of pro sports. And that's probably the understatement of the year.

I think its a slap in the face of all fans for him to ask for a release through his brother. Why not be a man and get up on the podium if you have something to say.

gbaypack31
07-13-2008, 03:43 AM
The locker romm will be divided and with all the controversy Favre or no Favre, there will be no super bowl this year. That I can guarantee you.

rbwsc
07-13-2008, 09:57 AM
12 million $ backup....How do you justify that to your board of directors? :confused:

Favre's 2007 stats vs Rogers. How do you justify that to your fans? :confused:

Do you really think the Packers are a better team with Rogers? :mad:

Sure, Brett could have handled this better...

TT & MM could do a better job on their end too...

Bring Brett Back...As the starter...

4favre4
07-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Bring em back

4favre4
07-13-2008, 08:19 PM
go protest an lambeau

beast
07-13-2008, 08:28 PM
protest

protect what? I say go to his house, and chant, "Come Back" or something. Until he un-retires, what is there to do?

4favre4
07-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Tell TT we want Favre as our STARTING QB NOT a position that we don't know about our a backup our on anouther team.

beast
07-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Tell TT we want Favre as our STARTING QB NOT a position that we don't know about our a backup our on anouther team.

well he has to unretire before he can become the starter.

4favre4
07-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Maybe he would if he was not being treated like a scrub.
If he was wanted