PDA

View Full Version : why is everyone hating on harrington?

mtt1er
07-11-2008, 07:36 PM
i like al..it's not his fault that nelly just wants him to shoot 3's...which he is way better than steve jack or baron ever was tbh..he is versatile and the warriors should and will kept him. all of these ridiculous trade rumors are annoying..i think the warriors will be BETTER without baron...they will have a slightly better record and will make the playoffs this year because the mavs and suns and spurs are getting old and cannot keep up. and also belinelli and cj watson are garbage they Need a back up point gaurd.

lincecum=future
07-11-2008, 07:49 PM
No its basically because Al is owed so much and most of us want Wright to get more time at PF.

djeller1139
07-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Also Al is our best trade chip. He has more value now then he ever will again, and is our best chance at getting a PG thru trade. Plus if we want to sign anyone else, we would need more cap space and Al has the biggest contract (behind Maggette)

Tmac416
07-11-2008, 07:54 PM
hmm yea must not be als fault that whever he has gone he just shoots threes, has never been good at rebounding or develop quality post moves. must be the three other teams(pacers twise) that made him be the way he is.

mtt1er
07-11-2008, 07:57 PM
steven jackson had a peak season he should be traded i think because he is overrated in alot of ways and takes some terrible shots but i love his emotion and leadership so much that i dunno about that

mtt1er
07-11-2008, 07:57 PM
steven jackson had a peak season he should be traded i think because he is overrated in alot of ways and takes some terrible shots but i love his emotion and leadership so much that i dunno about that

mtt1er
07-11-2008, 07:58 PM

Kdirt
07-11-2008, 08:18 PM
i like al..it's not his fault that nelly just wants him to shoot 3's...which he is way better than steve jack or baron ever was tbh..he is versatile and the warriors should and will kept him. all of these ridiculous trade rumors are annoying..i think the warriors will be BETTER without baron...they will have a slightly better record and will make the playoffs this year because the mavs and suns and spurs are getting old and cannot keep up. and also belinelli and cj watson are garbage they Need a back up point gaurd.

Stephen Jackson is our best defender and Nellie loves him, hes not going anywhere. Why is everyone hating on Al? He plays soft, cant rebound for his size, and makes 9+ million this year. Dont get me wrong, he isnt horrible, he can play, and we in a way do need him to take up some space on the court and guard bigger guys, but for that kind of money we dont need him that bad.

mtt1er
07-11-2008, 08:28 PM
i can see harrington or b wright as 6 man of the year candidates..itll be interesting to see how brandan wright plays with more minutes and experience..i agree though that harrington is overpaid but theres a problem with alot of bay area teams overpaying players haha

oracle650
07-11-2008, 08:28 PM
Stephen Jackson is our best defender and Nellie loves him, hes not going anywhere. Why is everyone hating on Al? He plays soft, cant rebound for his size, and makes 9+ million this year. Dont get me wrong, he isnt horrible, he can play, and we in a way do need him to take up some space on the court and guard bigger guys, but for that kind of money we dont need him that bad.

steve is the man. can we afford to lose our most productive player? I feel you mane. our best defender. name one player we obtain who plays better D...I can wait.....:eyebrow: let his past go.

oracle650
07-11-2008, 08:30 PM

al misses more 3's then him.

mtt1er
07-11-2008, 08:31 PM
steve jack is a good defender but he takes some ridiculously bad shots sometimes and can be reallly sloppy and kind of a ball hog but he looks good sometimes i like him but wouldnt have a problem him leaving...but that wouldnt happen

mtt1er
07-11-2008, 08:33 PM
al had a better 3 point percentage than steve did last time i checked

Tmac416
07-11-2008, 08:34 PM
ok so let me get this straight, all is better than jackson and baron ok. bellinelli is garbage. wow i really value your basketball iq.

oracle650
07-11-2008, 08:40 PM
I respect al he helped us in 07 but did he show up last year? he was on fire vs ATL I think right? 29 pts?? and he vanished. but steve showed up on easter vs LA. steve was solid I thought 20 pts a game rite? lets cut it out ur rite Al is way better then anyone on the dubs. how could I ever doubt you? I'mma zip it up mane.

GSW Hoops
07-11-2008, 09:27 PM
Yeah I never really understand why people are so eager to trade Al. We want a forward who can shoot threes...that's Al. Who else do you guys think we can stick at PF who will be better than him in our current system?

Tmac416
07-11-2008, 09:46 PM
we have plenty of poeple to jack up threes. al is a fine player but not at 10 mill and he doesnt do much else. you act like its gonna be really tough to find somone to shoot threes. We dont want a guy a who can shoot threes, its cool if he does but we need alot more that al doesnt bring to the table. Nellie ran the same system with webber and he wasnt a three point shooter. AL wasnt doing anyhtign special. he was getin 20-26 min a game

tru_warrior
07-11-2008, 09:48 PM
I can shoot threes. and I'll play for free.

OneOpportunity
07-12-2008, 12:47 AM
cause Al is expensive and we could use the cap space and people want to see Wright play. That's basically the reasons

ULT WARRIOR408
07-15-2008, 07:14 PM
I Like Al Too But He Cant Rebound & He Plays No Kind Of Defense. Plus He Is Not Better Then Jack Or Baron What Da Hell Are You Smoking.we Will Make The Playoffs That I Due Agree With You But Your Al Is Gone Kiss Him Goodbye He A Little Too Soft & The Reason Why Nellie Has Him Shooting Three Cuz Thats All He Can Due He Has No Inside Game Face It He Is Better Off On A Team Were He Can Play The 3 Guard

ULT WARRIOR408
07-15-2008, 07:14 PM
:smoking:

daleja424
07-15-2008, 07:43 PM
I like Harrington's game... but he is a little caught between the SF/PF IMO...

oracle650
07-15-2008, 07:46 PM
I like Harrington's game... but he is a little caught between the SF/PF IMO...

he is outta position hell nelly ball rite?:cool:

Tmac416
07-15-2008, 08:01 PM
nelly ball has always had a real power forward. al is not. he didnt even start there most games yet he is getting paid 10 mil people think cuz nelly saterd
6'7 guys at pf thats normal. thats not.

BAYAREA DEVOTEE
07-15-2008, 08:22 PM
AL is better than any warrior, are you serious. If i remeber right I think captian jack was the one that stood in for baron to help us beat dallas in the playoffs where was al on the bench. Al is a decent player dont get me wrong but when he missing tip ins to win the game(minnesota) it doesnt make me believe that he is a 9 mil guy!!! The thing is I actually like the guy but come on man AL are we speaking bout the same person. He has his moments i.e.: dunk on lebron or anytime vs yao ming. n=but better than the capt. there reason nellie didnt make him captain.

garlicboy
07-15-2008, 08:39 PM
I like Al,

But Maggette, Jackson and Randolph are better than him playing 3.

Al at the 4, is cool when he hit's a 3, but I'm tired of seeing Boozer and the rest of the PF's in the league nab 20 rebs on him. That's why we want to trade Al. Al has value. He's young, not a bad contract length wise, and he's a proven scorer and shooter. He'd be perfect in the East. I can see him paired with Lebron and fitting in nicely.

oracle650
07-16-2008, 10:57 PM
only reason nellie might keep him is he is a 4 that shoots 3's. he is all offense.