PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heat off-season rebuild plan

wadefan03
07-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Right Now we have the shooting guard and forward spots filled. And we need a point guard and a center. Indiana has no use for Jamaal Tinsley because they have Ford and they need a big man now that O'neal is gone. I say we trade Haslem for Tinsley. Now we needa good center and I say we trade Marcus Banks to Denver for Steven Hunter. Denver is looking for a point guard and they need defense on their team and Marcus Banks will provide them with that. Blount can switch off between powerforward and center until Zo comes back.

Tinsley/Chalmers/Quinn
Wade/Cook
Marion/Jones/Wright
Beasley/Blount
Hunter/Zo

Tinsley will only be around until Chalemers gets used to the NBA level of play. We wouldn't need Tinsley to be playing the long minutes that he normally does. Hunter can rebound, defend, and shot block.

daleja424
07-11-2008, 07:16 PM
how bout no... Tinsley is injury prone and old. If a team is building they dont want him...

you wanna build then do this... Marion/Banks/Blount for Szerbiak/Snow/Smith/Varajao/Booby Gibson... then next summer we have over 25 mil in cap space and can sign 2 quality players...

Chalmers/Booby
Wade/Jones/Cook
FA/Wright
Beasley/Haslem
FA/Varajao

noturnormalhero
07-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Right Now we have the shooting guard and forward spots filled. And we need a point guard and a center. Indiana has no use for Jamaal Tinsley because they have Ford and they need a big man now that O'neal is gone. I say we trade Haslem for Tinsley. Now we needa good center and I say we trade Marcus Banks to Denver for Steven Hunter. Denver is looking for a point guard and they need defense on their team and Marcus Banks will provide them with that. Blount can switch off between powerforward and center until Zo comes back.

Tinsley/Chalmers/Quinn
Wade/Cook
Marion/Jones/Wright
Beasley/Blount
Hunter/Zo

Tinsley will only be around until Chalemers gets used to the NBA level of play. We wouldn't need Tinsley to be playing the long minutes that he normally does. Hunter can rebound, defend, and shot block.

tinsley is not the dude we need. besides the injury prone issue, wasnt this the same guy who had problems at a chicago nightclub? u want that dude in miami? that's a big thing here besides beaches and cuban food lol. just no. i dont like his game. his shot selection is questionable and i dont think he will mix well with Beasley and wade. and i said this in a previous thread, i dont want a travis best pt. 2 here

JackSplack
07-11-2008, 08:07 PM
i dunno if the cavs would take on both banks and blounts contracts, even with marion involved. Plus, varejow (dig the spelling) at center seems a little weak. I am interested in the Okafor talk...he's dissappointed offensively, but with wade and beasly make things'll open up for him. Plus if we keep haslem, we'll have a defensive rebound minded front court that may be undersized, but'll be tough. Just don't pay him more than 13mil a year, and see if you can get felton thrown in.

I read that Boozer might be in play...any way to trade Marion for boozer and haslem for biedrens? That could be a nice team

banks(chalmers)/wade/beasely/boozer/biedrens

We could call ourselves the B-Team...Wade can be Murdoch (officially not a part so his name doesn't have to start with B. Riley as Hannibal...I know ya'll feel'n it)
Tinsley...while looking good on paper, I just don't think he's the guy we want.

danbola
07-11-2008, 08:16 PM
you wanna build then do this... Marion/Banks/Blount for Szerbiak/Snow/Smith/Varajao/Booby Gibson...

Thats an interesting trade. At first I thought it was rediculous with all those crappy players, until I checked out their contracts. Dump Blount, Banks, get Gibson, and rediculous cap space. I like.

daleja424
07-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Thats an interesting trade. At first I thought it was rediculous with all those crappy players, until I checked out their contracts. Dump Blount, Banks, get Gibson, and rediculous cap space. I like.

haha...ya if you dont look up the salaries it doesnt look like it makes much sense... But considering we could have like 25 mil+ next summer it could be a good deal for us...

noturnormalhero
07-11-2008, 08:53 PM
i dunno if the cavs would take on both banks and blounts contracts, even with marion involved. Plus, varejow (dig the spelling) at center seems a little weak. I am interested in the Okafor talk...he's dissappointed offensively, but with wade and beasly make things'll open up for him. Plus if we keep haslem, we'll have a defensive rebound minded front court that may be undersized, but'll be tough. Just don't pay him more than 13mil a year, and see if you can get felton thrown in.

I read that Boozer might be in play...any way to trade Marion for boozer and haslem for biedrens? That could be a nice team

banks(chalmers)/wade/beasely/boozer/biedrens

We could call ourselves the B-Team...Wade can be Murdoch (officially not a part so his name doesn't have to start with B. Riley as Hannibal...I know ya'll feel'n it)
Tinsley...while looking good on paper, I just don't think he's the guy we want.

that would be a solid lineup. cant see that happening. the guys on the trading block imo for GS is either ellis or harrington. i see them being sent away before Biedrins. as far as Boozer, that would be nice with a wade/beasley matchup.

fins08
07-11-2008, 09:09 PM
I hate that Tinsley idea. Haslem>>>>>>>>>>>Tinsley. But Daleja, I have this idea in my brain that Marion would be traded for a good-great player. Gibson, Snow, Varajao would fill the PG/C needs. Wally can shoot the 3 ball well. And we get cap space next year. I don't think Varajao is a starter so it doesn't fill our need completely. I have no problem with Gibson/Chalmers in the PG spot. But for Marion, can we just get 1 proven starter? I want a good C for Marion and am dying for Okafor but I doubt that will happen. I am living for this Heat team. I wanna see them succeed and we need a good C if we gonna trade a proven All-Star, Olympic player type player.

daleja424
07-11-2008, 09:14 PM
In a perfect world I would trade Marion for Thornton/Jordan...and then use the extra cap space created to sign Okafor...

Chalmers/Banks
Wade/Jones/Cook
Thornton/Wright
Beasley/Haslem
Okafor/Jordan

...young dynamic team that could win now and in the future...I just don't see that as being realistic...

MiamiHeatMafia
07-11-2008, 11:53 PM
how bout no... Tinsley is injury prone and old. If a team is building they dont want him...

you wanna build then do this... Marion/Banks/Blount for Szerbiak/Snow/Smith/Varajao/Booby Gibson... then next summer we have over 25 mil in cap space and can sign 2 quality players...

Chalmers/Booby
Wade/Jones/Cook
FA/Wright
Beasley/Haslem
FA/Varajao

Perfect can't be said any better nice thinkin daleja!