PDA

View Full Version : Fact or Fiction

y2shoes
07-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Yes I stole this from a Celtics thread and added a redsoxs thread with the same premise. So here goes you answer my fact of fiction question than you ask one yourself to get answered.
Fact of fiction: Maroney will rush for a thousand yards this season?

holywack17
07-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Fact

fact or fiction? Wes welker will have at least 100 receptions this year

KingJamsI
07-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Fact

fact or fiction? Wes welker will have at least 100 receptions this year

Fiction. Teams will catch on, and game plan to keep him from racking up catches. He will be in the 70's, 80s or 90s though.

Jerrod Mayo will make enough of an impact to be in contention for defensive rookie of the year.

griff141
07-12-2008, 03:58 AM
Fiction. Teams will catch on, and game plan to keep him from racking up catches. He will be in the 70's, 80s or 90s though.

Jerod Mayo will make enough of an impact to be in contention for defensive rookie of the year.

Fact.

Fact or Fiction? Chad Jackson will have a breakout year.

Ewagner
07-12-2008, 09:55 AM
Fact - he has the skills and all he needs is an oppurtunity. i think he would have been around last year if we didn't have such a stacked recieving core. with defenses concentrating on moss and wes this kid is going to explode. on top of all that he has had a year to watch moss, wes, gaffney, and donte. each of those guys have a little bit they can show you.

F/F - Our reloaded defense will break records like our offense did last year

subroc
07-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Fact or Fiction? Chad Jackson will have a breakout year.

Fact - he has the skills and all he needs is an oppurtunity. i think he would have been around last year if we didn't have such a stacked recieving core. with defenses concentrating on moss and wes this kid is going to explode. on top of all that he has had a year to watch moss, wes, gaffney, and donte. each of those guys have a little bit they can show you.

With regards to Chad, I agree: Fact. (depending on what a breakout year is. I consider 800 yards with 6 to 8 TDs a breakout year)

Fiction: As a group the defense will do well and be a top defensive unit but break records? I doubt it.

Fact or fiction:

The Patriots secondary won’t miss a beat without Asante Samuel and this group may be even better than last years group.

Crickr
07-12-2008, 11:24 AM
With regards to Chad, I agree: Fact. (depending on what a breakout year is. I consider 800 yards with 6 to 8 TDs a breakout year)

Fiction: As a group the defense will do well and be a top defensive unit but break records? I doubt it.

Fact or fiction:

The Patriots secondary won’t miss a beat without Asante Samuel and this group may be even better than last years group.

Fact
For F
The Pats will go 14-2 and go all the way to the and win the SB

bagwell368
07-12-2008, 02:41 PM
All fiction so far:

Welker < 100 receptions: fiction
Maroney < 1000 yards: fiction (better hope Morris is healthy)
Chad < breakout: he'll work his way in, but be under 45 catches
Mayo < D rookie standout: he plays well, but doesn't get as many reps as the big names, no chance.

Fact or fiction? This will be Ben Watson's last year as a Pat

Fact. Pats are sick of his lack of concentration, his terrible after the catch yards, and general effort. Bye Bye

subroc
07-12-2008, 03:22 PM
Fact or fiction? This will be Ben Watson's last year as a Pat

fiction. Ben Watson is doing a creditable job

Fact or fiction:

Junior Seau will not be back.

MiamiHeatMafia
07-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Fact we have our LB's Mayo, Thomas, Ted B what more do we need right now. But I wouldn't mind having his leadership back on the team I thought he was great last year.

Fact or Fiction: Brady will get 40+ TD's this year?
Moss will lead the team in receptions?

subroc
07-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Fact, Brady will get 40+...barely.

Fiction, Moss will be used less this year than last, especially if both RB stay healthy. Welker will lead the team in receptions again.

Ewagner
07-13-2008, 09:55 AM
Fiction on both - this team is going to be more even then last year

F/F - Richard Seymour will play all 16 games and make the pro bowl

MVPOrtiz201
07-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Fiction - I believe he'll play fourteen, possibly making the probowl.

Fact or Fiction - By the end of the year, Meriweather will be one of our starting safeties.

Ewagner
07-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Fact - i don't think you will have to wait for the end of the season. the patriots are making there defense faster. merriweather is a big part of that. i can see merriweather with 4-5 picks this year to.

F/F - o'connell is the QB of the future

KingJamsI
07-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Fiction. I think Brady is playing for at least 5 more years. by that point O'Connell will either have developed and be traded/allowed to sign somewhere else; or he will have busted and be gone.

F/F- One of the top RFA's (Vince Redd or Benjarvis Green-Ellis) find a way to make this roster.

Ewagner
07-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Fiction - we are still loaded and i think we did well in the draft even with the special teams players

F/F - Morris will out rush Maroney this year.

homie564
07-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Fiction

Meriweather beats Sanders for FS.

Ewagner
07-18-2008, 09:11 AM
Fact - this team is trying to get faster and meriweather allows them to do that.

F/F - Seau retires with a ring

Fribbles
07-20-2008, 12:11 AM
Fiction - I believe he'll play fourteen, possibly making the probowl.

Fact or Fiction - By the end of the year, Meriweather will be one of our starting safeties.

FICTION- HE WILL BE A STARTING CORNER! I SEE TY LAW WHEN I LOOK AT MERRI

F/F... Tom Brady wins back to back MVP awards.....

J-E-T-S
07-20-2008, 01:15 PM
Fiction: I think he will get close, but his numbers won't be as great as 07 since other teams have caught on with the current scheme

F/F - Laurence Maroney rushes for 1300yds and 9tds

JetInPhilly
07-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Fiction: I think he will get close, but his numbers won't be as great as 07 since other teams have caught on with the current scheme

F/F - Laurence Maroney rushes for 1300yds and 9tds

Fiction: Maroney rushes for 1300yds and 12tds. Everyone's gonna expect the aerial attack. Put it on the ground and surprise/confuse defenses. Test their D-line.

F/F: Ty Law returns to the Pats, as opposed to the Jets?

JerseyBrave
07-21-2008, 04:38 PM
Fact: Only if he realizes he ain't # 1 corner money.

F or F: Will the Pats change up their offensive scheme and become a more balanced offense

y2shoes
07-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Fact the partriots will run more inorder to keep the teams honest from blitzing all the time.
Fact or Fiction: Watching the Espys seeing the Giants win awards made me sick!

Ewagner
07-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Fact - it still pains me that i must now go drink heavily just thinking about it.

F/F - the pats will have the afc east wrapped up by week 12

kazzy4080
07-22-2008, 02:54 PM
fiction, i think the bills will be pretty good, but deff by week 14

fact or fiction the pats continue to destroy teams by wide margins of victory because of the anger the whole organization has after the superbowl

Patsfan56
07-22-2008, 03:12 PM
fiction, i think the bills will be pretty good, but deff by week 14

Fiction for no other reason than the Pats will lock up the division sooner.

fact or fiction the pats continue to destroy teams by wide margins of victory because of the anger the whole organization has after the superbowl

Fiction: Teams will react and change their schemes making several games closer, but there will still be a few blowouts with this schedule

Fact the partriots will run more inorder to keep the teams honest from blitzing all the time.
Fact or Fiction: Watching the Espys seeing the Giants win awards made me sick!

Fact. Sam Adams and I have been very good friends since that fiasco.

Fiction: Maroney rushes for 1300yds and 12tds. Everyone's gonna expect the aerial attack. Put it on the ground and surprise/confuse defenses. Test their D-line.

Fiction: Morris does an excellent job this year and gets more touches. Brady lights it up with Welker, Moss, and Jackson

F/F: Ty Law returns to the Pats, as opposed to the Jets?

Fiction: it would be good to have him back, provided he hecks some of his ego at the door, which probably won't happen

kazzy4080
07-22-2008, 03:23 PM
fact or fiction the pats need ty law

JetInPhilly
07-22-2008, 03:54 PM
fact or fiction the pats need ty law

Fact: The Pats need him for his knowledge, the same as the Jets do. He can't run as the #1 CB anymore, but he can move to Safety and help out people like Merriweather. Honestly, who better to train a DB but one of the best ever?

Additional Fact: I like Ty Law...no matter what jersey he wears.

jetsRsnitchaz
07-22-2008, 03:59 PM

i think jackson will finally have the year we've been expecting, now that he is 100%. but the defense breaking records? no way, they are way too thin a secondary: harrison is old and slow, Ellis hobbs is average, meriweather looks good, but we dont know yet, jason webster and fernando bryant were good signings, but i guess we'll have to see.
i hope they break all these defensive records, but this isn't going to be a top 5 pass defense.

kazzy4080
07-22-2008, 04:09 PM
ok guys, after answering a F/F lets put one back up

fact or fiction many of the stories around the pats (spygate, last years superbowl) will fad away during the season

JetInPhilly
07-22-2008, 04:24 PM
ok guys, after answering a F/F lets put one back up

fact or fiction many of the stories around the pats (spygate, last years superbowl) will fad away during the season

Absolute Fact: After the Pats blow through 5-6 opponents, the newspapers and HOPEFULLY the people will finally understand that the team needed to come out each week and perform...tapes or not...the TEAM still needed to perform. I can watch all of the signs and know exactly what's coming but I CANNOT do what the Pats (or any other teams') players do.

I sincerely hope this goes away and we can just get back to playing football. No more Spygate, no more arrests, no more suspensions...and no more Brett Favre talk. Let's just open camp and start playing football.

kazzy4080
07-22-2008, 04:33 PM
fact or fiction the pats will unveil a new alternative jersey this year

jetsRsnitchaz
07-23-2008, 09:34 AM
Absolute Fact: After the Pats blow through 5-6 opponents, the newspapers and HOPEFULLY the people will finally understand that the team needed to come out each week and perform...tapes or not...the TEAM still needed to perform. I can watch all of the signs and know exactly what's coming but I CANNOT do what the Pats (or any other teams') players do.

I sincerely hope this goes away and we can just get back to playing football. No more Spygate, no more arrests, no more suspensions...and no more Brett Favre talk. Let's just open camp and start playing football.

AMEN!:clap:

RedSoxMike
07-23-2008, 12:00 PM
fact or fiction the pats will unveil a new alternative jersey this year

Fiction: Not that I don't think they'll have an alternative jersey, I just think it would be cool if they went with there throwbacks.

Fact or Fiction: Rodney Harrison will retire after this season.

JetInPhilly
07-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Fiction: Not that I don't think they'll have an alternative jersey, I just think it would be cool if they went with there throwbacks.

Fact or Fiction: Rodney Harrison will retire after this season.

Fiction: He'll stay around just to annoy people. He's still got some gas in the tank and he's having fun playing the game. Personally, I'd like to see him go because he's dirty...but when you play as hard as he does, I guess emotion takes over and you get a little crazy. Any way you slice it, he's verrrry good at what he does.

kazzy4080
07-23-2008, 12:43 PM
fact or fiction moss has 12 touchdown catches

J-E-T-S
07-23-2008, 12:47 PM
fact or fiction moss has 12 touchdown catches

Fact: Last season, I predicted that he will get over 20tds. Guess I was right. I predict not 12 but 15+ tds. I mean lets face it, you can't cover him forever.

F/F: Tom Brady passes for over 4000yds and 35tds?

kazzy4080
07-23-2008, 12:50 PM
fact, hes done it twice in his career (to throw over 4000 yards), the schedule is easy enough this year for him to throw at least 35 touchdowns, i say hes numbers will be around 4250 and 40ish touchdowns

fact or fiction maroney rushes for over 100 yards in 6 individual games

Ewagner
07-26-2008, 08:17 AM
Fact - This schedule is cake. he could have 4 in the first 4 games.

F/F - somone outside of brady and moss makes the all-pro team

Superiority
07-31-2008, 01:27 AM
Fact or Fiction

Is the Pats secondary weak?

kazzy4080
08-04-2008, 04:17 PM
fact, but the patriots defensive line and linebackers and rodney harrisons leadership in the secondary helps mask the problems of the secondary

fact or fiction
matt cassal will be the back up QB

griff141
08-05-2008, 12:56 AM
fact, but the patriots defensive line and linebackers and rodney harrisons leadership in the secondary helps mask the problems of the secondary

fact or fiction
matt cassal will be the back up QB

Fact, I think he will eventually be bumped by O'Connell or released but as of right now he's the only other QB that knows the offense besides Brady. I see him backing up Brady this season and next season he could be sent packing if O'Connell develops the way the Pats hope.

Fact or Fiction?

Richard Seymour will return to his All Pro form

Sportfan
08-05-2008, 03:12 PM
fact

Fact or fiction : one of the corner backs on the pats will break out and have
7+ INT's.

pc4celts39
08-05-2008, 06:03 PM
fiction, although i do believe the pats will have many interceptions, i dont believe one guy will get 7

fact or fiction: david thomas will have a breakout year and surpass ben watson in receptions

J-E-T-S
08-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Fiction, Watson will be the starter but Thomas will get around 20-30 receptions this season.

Fact/Fiction- Moss goes for over 1500yds and 15tds

nep2008
08-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Fiction, Watson will be the starter but Thomas will get around 20-30 receptions this season.

Fact/Fiction- Moss goes for over 1500yds and 15tds

Fact- It will be hard, but i see them handing the ball off alot in the first 2-3 games and then using play action to its finest and burning teams with moss.

Fact/Fiction- Given the .387 average of teams wins that the pats are facing (easiest in the league) is 16-0 a possibility?

BRADY4MVP
08-06-2008, 11:42 AM
FACT 16-0 is certainly a possibilty. PLus the fact that they are/should be PISSED about the SB.

Fact or Fiction: maroney/morris/jordan combine for 2,000 yards and 15 scores.

IceMan360
08-06-2008, 12:55 PM
FACT the combination of maroney/morris/jordan will rush for ova 2000yrds and 12td because teams will be too focused on our passing game so it should open up alot of running lanes for our backs

Fact or Fiction LB Mayo will have ova 100 tackles and double digit sacks

kazzy4080
08-06-2008, 04:06 PM
FACT the combination of maroney/morris/jordan will rush for ova 2000yrds and 12td because teams will be too focused on our passing game so it should open up alot of running lanes for our backs

Fact or Fiction LB Mayo will have ova 100 tackles and double digit sacks

first i wanna say i went to amsterdam and i tried some **** at a coffeeshop called iceman and it was amazing. but thats fiction pats got too many great players in their front seven for mayo to put up such huge numbers

fact or fiction pats go 16-0 in the regular season