Breaking news on ESPN.

EDIT - LINK

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3483521

ryanph30
07-11-2008, 03:35 PM
I cant ****ing believe this is happening. :cry:

Urbs
07-11-2008, 03:35 PM
I dont have a link but Mortenson is just reporting that Favre has asked for his release from the Packers....

Wow, this is unbelievable... I never thought I would ever see Brett in a uni other than the Packers.

newdude
07-11-2008, 03:38 PM
F@ck!!!!!!! Tell me its a mistake :(

socalpkrbkr
07-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Worst day in Green Bay Packer football:cry:

mrmustard89
07-11-2008, 03:41 PM
I cant believe this!!! They said that Favre doesnt think that anyone in the Packers organization wants him back. Even though I think its true, hopefully MM or TT comes out and says that they want him back and he changes his mind!!! I can hope....right??

SamG187
07-11-2008, 03:42 PM
I dont see this any where, where did u see, it? i got espn on and everything

ryanph30
07-11-2008, 03:43 PM

It was just on...Chris Mortenson was reporting it. It should be on again soon.

ryanph30
07-11-2008, 03:44 PM

It was just on...Chris Mortenson was reporting it. It should be on again soon.

jetsfan28
07-11-2008, 03:46 PM
A sad day, but a necessary one. Green Bay needs to give Rodgers a chance, he's too talented not to, and can't carry Favre, Brohm, Rodgers, and Flynn. Also can't go through this every ****ing year. But if Favre wants to play, he has that right, he has at least earned that much. No reason this needs to be a messy thing either, give him 2 weeks to try to find a trade for himself, and if he can't just cut him.

brandonwarne52
07-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Yea but you saw what Harris did to Peterson last, wait till this year..He's gonna wake up out of his coma wearing a LA Vikings uni

Please don't act like that hit was some sort of indictment against Peterson.

Injuries happen.....and if you think Adrian is on the receiving end of vicious hits more often than he gives them, you need to spend some more time in the video room.

brandonwarne52
07-11-2008, 03:48 PM
:clap:

One of the few classy Vikes fans, props to you, bwarne.

I do what I can.

newdude
07-11-2008, 03:51 PM

Link :(

brandonwarne52
07-11-2008, 03:51 PM
If he ever happened to become a Viking, I'd have to say I wouldn't cry my eyes out. I won't run out and buy a Favre jersey, but I won't burn one in downtown Minneapolis, either.

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 03:52 PM
:speechless:

(i reported the post by !vikies2008!

I dont think they will release him. Honestly, I dont.

brandonwarne52
Just don't report my post!

ryanph30

Link :(

I will edit that into the original post.

ryanph30
07-11-2008, 03:53 PM
:speechless:

(i reported the post by !vikies2008!

I dont think they will release him. Honestly, I dont.
I dont see them releasing him either.

To latez, n000b!!

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 03:55 PM

Why would I report yours? You stuck up for us Packer fans :up:

Brendan
Sad day for Packers fans.... I just dont understand why he would ask to be released because i dont see a team that he could go to, start at QB, and compete for a SB except MAYBE Baltiimore if that defense can come back around

iam brett favre
They already said that they wont release him

Asoriano12
come to the bears!!!! ;)

newdude
07-11-2008, 03:56 PM
^Cool Ryanph30, thanks dude. But I knew they were pressuring him, it seem to be to sudden compared to the other years decision.

mrmustard89
If this actually happens, I think TT's fate has been sealed. He will always be remembered as "the one who wouldnt take back Favre". That will be his "legacy" in Green Bay. I hope he gets run out of town when he gets back from "vacation."

ryanph30
Why would I report yours? You stuck up for us Packer fans :up:

Bwarne sticks up for whats right. (http://mfrost.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/05/29/the_more_you_know2.jpg) :flag:

iam brett favre
If they tell him we wont release you, we want you back, im pretty sure he'd play for the packers

Asoriano12
07-11-2008, 03:58 PM
If they tell him we wont release you, we want you back, im pretty sure he'd play for the packers

isnt the offense already committed to rodgers though? its honestly time for favre to move on..i believe he gave you guys the shaft in telling you he wanted to come back this late...he should have said something before you drafted brohm

newdude
07-11-2008, 03:58 PM
If they decide not to release him and bring him back, the reason is they are scared to be known as the ones who ran Favre out of town, as someone has mentioned.

SamG187
07-11-2008, 03:59 PM
No way he gets released, I see us getting at least a 6 or 7th round pick from tha jets or ravens

Brendan
07-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Yeah he would, IF HE IS STARTING. he doesnt want to sit on the bench. And i really really think that they have moved on to Aaron Rodgers in the FO.

brandonwarne52
07-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Bwarne sticks up for whats right. (http://mfrost.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/05/29/the_more_you_know2.jpg) :flag:

But it got deleted:cry:

ryanph30
07-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Yeah he would, IF HE IS STARTING. he doesnt want to sit on the bench. And i really really think that they have moved on to Aaron Rodgers in the FO.

LOL, if we had Favre AND Arod on the roster still on the roster, Brett would start no doubt.

newdude
07-11-2008, 04:02 PM
But it got deleted:cry:

At least, u have ppl who saw ur great and unbiased post:clap:

brandonwarne52
07-11-2008, 04:02 PM
I kinda feel bad for Favre, and the way they're talking about how 'some guys don't want to realize it's over'.

Do they REALLY think that?

(They = Packers execs.)

Asoriano12
07-11-2008, 04:04 PM
you guys have moved on, rodgers is your qb and favre just cant come in and take it back. IMO it was an unprofessional move on favre

brandonwarne52
They already said that they wont release him

They just said on NFL Live that there has been no response from the Packers.

Brendan
Brett Favre asked his agent to send a letter to the Packers asking for his release. Bus Cook sent the letter to the Packers asking him to be released. The letter is at the Packers facility. Mort is saying that even if the Packers came to Favre saying okay we want you back he wouldnt come back to the Packers because he doesnt feel wanted

ryanph30
07-11-2008, 04:05 PM
I dont feel bad for him at all, he said he was done and that we should move on.

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-11-2008, 04:06 PM
It's sad day for football if we see him in anything else but a Packer Uni. If he asked for his release I wouldn't give it to him. He made his decision, live with it.

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 04:06 PM
:pity: to this whole situation.

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 04:07 PM
They just said on NFL Live that there has been no response from the Packers.

a while ago they did

ryanph30
I cant believe this.

Asoriano12
I dont have a link but Mortenson is just reporting that Favre has asked for his release from the Packers....

Wow, this is unbelievable... I never thought I would ever see Brett in a uni other than the Packers.

BEARS uni would look nice :rolleyes:

Segway2_89
DAMN.
I'll be first to click the buy button on nflshop for his new jersey if TT screws up and he does leave

newdude
Brett Favre asked his agent to send a letter to the Packers asking for his release. Bus Cook sent the letter to the Packers asking him to be released. The letter is at the Packers facility. Mort is saying that even if the Packers came to Favre saying okay we want you back he wouldnt come back to the Packers because he doesnt feel wanted

Would u want to be back after being pressured to retire b4 u wanted to? And then asking to come back and being ignored.The only reason they want Favre back now is bcuz they're afraid of the backlash by the fans and Favre is being adamant on returning.

Brendan
07-11-2008, 04:08 PM
I wouldnt say he was pressured to be released. But i dont blame the Packers at all. Favre retired. They have moved on to Rodgers. Favre should understand the Packers situation....

OC Knights #11
07-11-2008, 04:09 PM
wow, well **** him then, we moved on. He wants to play on another team, go ahead, not a big deal.

Brendan
07-11-2008, 04:10 PM
wow, well **** him then, we moved on. He wants to play on another team, go ahead, not a big deal.

So your saying that if he played for another team, and that team came to GB to play, and you saw Favre at GB playing for another team against the Pack you wouldnt care?

OC Knights #11
07-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Favre will always be a packer, he retired. Packers moved on, and now he wants to come back, go ahead, but it will be weird not being able to watch Favre in a Packers uniform.

newdude
07-11-2008, 04:12 PM
I wouldnt say he was pressured to be released. But i dont blame the Packers at all. Favre retired. They have moved on to Rodgers. Favre should understand the Packers situation....

The sources said that he was being pressured to RETIRE not released.

OC Knights #11
07-11-2008, 04:13 PM
So your saying that if he played for another team, and that team came to GB to play, and you saw Favre at GB playing for another team against the Pack you wouldnt care?

It would be wierd. No doubt about that. Favre will always be a Packer, but we moved on.

Brendan
Already a thread for this...

darwin31
Im really surprised that there is no response from the Packers. It gives the impression that they never saw this coming and that they are scrambling right now.

If they actually know what direction they are going in I would think that they would have a statement ready in the event this happened.

The person I really feel bad for is Aaron Rodgers, now he has to be better then Favre THIS year, especially if Brett plays for another team, not a good situation for a guy who payed his dues for 3 years.

Asoriano12
07-11-2008, 04:14 PM
I cant believe this.

hey, i know this is a little off topic, but how do you get that bar in your sig with your favorite teams on it? jw thanks

Brendan
07-11-2008, 04:14 PM
It would be wierd. No doubt about that. Favre will always be a Packer, but we moved on.

It would be more than weird. I AS A VIKINGS FAN would be upset to see him play for another team, it would be a sad day to see Favre play for another team. But it could happen and if it does and he comes to GB to play against the Packers every Packers fan in the world would be upset and they are lying if they say they arent

OC Knights #11
07-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Im really surprised that there is no response from the Packers. It gives the impression that they never saw this coming and that they are scrambling right now.

If they actually know what direction they are going in I would think that they would have a statement ready in the event this happened.

The person I really feel bad for is Aaron Rodgers, now he has to be better then Favre THIS year, especially if Brett plays for another team, not a good situation for a guy who payed his dues for 3 years.

I think Aaron will be fine. I think this actually takes pressure off of him, Favre could have a bad season with another team while aaron leads us to the playoffs. Favre staying retired would of had more pressure on aaron to succeed.

ryanph30
07-11-2008, 04:15 PM
hey, i know this is a little off topic, but how do you get that bar in your sig with your favorite teams on it? jw thanks

I had someone make it for me, CarniifeX.

newdude
07-11-2008, 04:16 PM
It would be more than weird. I AS A VIKINGS FAN would be upset to see him play for another team, it would be a sad day to see Favre play for another team. But it could happen and if it does and he comes to GB to play against the Packers every Packers fan in the world would be upset and they are lying if they say they arent

Hell yeah I would be upset and crushed at the same time! :cry:

OC Knights #11
07-11-2008, 04:16 PM

I agree, but i think Packers fans would be more shocked and in disbelief to see Favre in another uniform rather then angry.

darwin31
07-11-2008, 04:17 PM
The sources said that he was being pressured to RETIRE not released.

I dont think anyone in their right mind would pressure Favre to retire. He was pressured to make a decision becuase the team needed to know what direction to go in with the draft. He chose to retire becuase he needed to decide as opposed to waiting.

OC Knights #11
07-11-2008, 04:18 PM
So now the question is what team will Favre play for? I think Tampa Bay. I just couldn't see Favre playing for the bears or vikings.

Soop
07-11-2008, 04:18 PM

You moved on? GB hasn't even responded to this yet, your far from moving on. You have no idea how this is going to affect your team if he goes somewhere else.....NO IDEA.

Soop
07-11-2008, 04:19 PM
So now the question is what team will Favre play for? I think Tampa Bay.

Naw, Jeff Garcia is there and I don't see them making a push.

ryanph30
07-11-2008, 04:20 PM
So now the question is what team will Favre play for? I think Tampa Bay. I just couldn't see Favre playing for the bears or vikings.

I dont see him going to an NFC team. And there is NO WAY IN HELL he is going to an NFC North team.

mr. burns
as long as he doesn't play in our division I hope he gets to play for somebody this year.

Brendan
I agree, but i think Packers fans would be more shocked and in disbelief to see Favre in another uniform rather then angry.

Oh no a completely agree. Some Packers fans would be angry when they figure out that Favre is going somewhere else. But by the time the season starts, the anger will be gone, and it will be sadness. As a Packers fan you guys can say that you dont care and that he is done as a Packer and da da da da, but if Adrian Peterson left the Vikings i would be crushed, so i know that you guys are, especially when you see him with another jersey on

OC Knights #11
07-11-2008, 04:21 PM
You moved on? GB hasn't even responded to this yet, your far from moving on. You have no idea how this is going to affect your team if he goes somewhere else.....NO IDEA.

The players proally don't care to much, more surprised then any thing i am sure, there focused on 08 and aaron rodgers as their qb.

newdude
07-11-2008, 04:22 PM
I dont think anyone in their right mind would pressure Favre to retire. He was pressured to make a decision becuase the team needed to know what direction to go in with the draft. He chose to retire becuase he needed to decide as opposed to waiting.

It could be worded in so many way, but I really think Favre was somewhat persuaded/pressured by TT and Co. to hurry up, thus making him feel unwanted, so he hastily chose to retire.

Or Ravens?

OC Knights #11
07-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Oh no a completely agree. Some Packers fans would be angry when they figure out that Favre is going somewhere else. But by the time the season starts, the anger will be gone, and it will be sadness. As a Packers fan you guys can say that you dont care and that he is done as a Packer and da da da da, but if Adrian Peterson left the Vikings i would be crushed, so i know that you guys are, especially when you see him with another jersey on

the thing is he retired like 2 months, i was already used to the fact that he wasn't playing for the packers in 08, and aaron rodgers was our new qb.

Soop
07-11-2008, 04:23 PM
I dont see him going to an NFC team. And there is NO WAY IN HELL he is going to an NFC North team.

Who knows Ryan? Who would've thought this day was going to happen? Nobody, that's who. Sooo...my point is anything is possible right now.

Brendan
07-11-2008, 04:23 PM
the thing is he retired like 2 months, i was already used to the fact that he wasn't playing for the packers in 08, and aaron rodgers was our new qb.

Oh yeah no doubt. Packers fans have BEEN moved on to Aaron Rodgers. But trust me. The SECOND that you see Favre in another jersey you will be upset again

newdude
07-11-2008, 04:24 PM

That was quick...

Brendan
07-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Who knows Ryan? Who would've thought this day was going to happen? Nobody, that's who. Sooo...my point is anything is possible right now.

I completely agree. Although i find it VERY VERY unlikely he goes to a division team, it COULD happen

OC Knights #11
07-11-2008, 04:25 PM
It could be worded in so many way, but I really think Favre was somewhat persuaded/pressured by TT and Co. to hurry up, thus making him feel unwanted, so he hastily chose to retire.

Or Ravens?

that could happen? The four teams that i think have the greatest chances of getting Favre are Tampa bay, Minnesota, Houston and Baltimore.

Soop
07-11-2008, 04:26 PM
The players proally don't care to much, more surprised then any thing i am sure, there focused on 08 and aaron rodgers as their qb.

:laugh2:

You're in DENIAL if you believe that. This would divide your locker room for along time and I'm not sure how long it would take for you guys to recover.

Brendan
NFL Live is saying that teams that would fit are the Washington Redskins, Tampa Bay Bucs, and Minnesota....

Brendan
Imagine if for SOME reason he goes to Minnesota, and the VERY FIRST game of the season Brett Favre plays AGAINST the Packers ON THE SAME NIGHT that they were planning on retiring his jersey

OC Knights #11
07-11-2008, 04:27 PM
That was quick...

ya, i have been more focused on the Brewers, but no doubt first week of the season and i see Favre in another uniform that i will get sad and wish it was 1996.

Soop
07-11-2008, 04:28 PM
I completely agree. Although i find it VERY VERY unlikely he goes to a division team, it COULD happen

The odds aren't good of him coming but you have to remember he's not worried about GB too much if they're not concerned about him. Also, he has to do what's best for him.....even if it's in the North.

OC Knights #11
07-11-2008, 04:28 PM

You're in DENIAL if you believe that. This would divide your locker room for along time and I'm not sure how long it would take for you guys to recover.

do you live in Wisconsin? Do you watch our sports news?

ryanph30
07-11-2008, 04:30 PM
NFL Live is saying that teams that would fit are the Washington Redskins, Tampa Bay Bucs, and Minnesota....

That was Micheal Smith's, Cris Carter's, and Trey ****ing Wingo's opinion. :rolleyes:

Soop
07-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Imagine if for SOME reason he goes to Minnesota, and the VERY FIRST game of the season Brett Favre plays AGAINST the Packers ON THE SAME NIGHT that they were planning on retiring his jersey

I hope he doesn't go to Minnesota. I would be pissed, I would fly to Minny and pull a Tanya Harding.

Brendan
07-11-2008, 04:31 PM
I actually hope that he dont come to Minny either and find it very unlikely but if he did that would be the craziest **** EVER

ryanph30
07-11-2008, 04:32 PM

The odds aren't good of him coming but you have to remember he's not worried about GB too much if they're not concerned about him. Also, he has to do what's best for him.....even if it's in the North.

I GUARANTEE he wont.

Id be willing to make this bet, if Brett plays for an NFC North team other than the Packers, I will leave PSD for life.

newdude
ya, i have been more focused on the Brewers, but no doubt first week of the season and i see Favre in another uniform that i will get sad and wish it was 1996.

When he "retired," I had a feeling there was something weird going on, so I held out hopes for him coming back, but to the Pack. Now this...:cry:

True, nothing is impossible.

OC Knights #11

I wonder how the fans would react to Favre, Packers Fans have always been good fans, but seeing Favre on the team that when he was with the Packers they hated and were rivals, it will be tuff.

Soop
07-11-2008, 04:33 PM
do you live in Wisconsin? Do you watch our sports news?

Hell NO! I live in sunny California. Is it hard to see my location? Look, your arms are to short to box with God.

Brendan
07-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Yeah it would be VERY VERY interesting to see how Packers fans would react to brett favre if that happened

OC Knights #11
07-11-2008, 04:34 PM
I GUARANTEE he wont.

Id be willing to make this bet, if Brett plays for an NFC North team other than the Packers, I will leave PSD for life.

wow man that is bet that you might regret. Once Favre is released, he will do what is best for him, he wants to go to the best team that has the best chance to win the super bowl. Vikings could be that team, hope to god that he doesn't.

newdude
07-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Yeah it would be VERY VERY interesting to see how Packers fans would react to brett favre if that happened

It'll either be

:cry: or :mad: or :( or :confused:

Soop
I GUARANTEE he wont.

:cry: You still have to wear my sig, I'll take over your account and put the gayest **** ever.

ryanph30
wow man that is bet that you might regret. Once Favre is released, he will do what is best for him, he wants to go to the best team that has the best chance to win the super bowl. Vikings could be that team, hope to god that he doesn't.

They wont release him. Trade him to an AFC team for a 7th round pick if you have to.

OC Knights #11
07-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Hell NO! I live in sunny California. Is it hard to see my location? Look, your arms are to short to box with God.

Okay then so you don't have any idea what the packer players think. Lets leave it at that.

ryanph30
07-11-2008, 04:37 PM
:cry: You still have to wear my sig, I'll take over your account and put the gayest **** ever.

Either way the Pack will have a better record than your little bear cubs. :p

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 04:39 PM
I think that he is pressuring the Packers to say ok we'll take you back, becasue he wants to play there.

Brendan
07-11-2008, 04:39 PM
If the Packers decide to trade him there is NO WAY he is going to a divisional team. If the Packers decide to let him go and release him he MIGHT be a Viking. Who knows

OC Knights #11
07-11-2008, 04:40 PM
They wont release him. Trade him to an AFC team for a 7th round pick if you have to.

Favre does not want to be traded, sources said, because he wants the freedom of choice to play for any other franchise.

Favre has been in communication with McCarthy during the past month about his desire to play but until this week had not spoken with Thompson.

-espn.com

Soop
07-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Okay then so you don't have any idea what the packer players think. Lets leave it at that.

Oh and you do? :rolleyes:

Just like I said he was going to comeback, I'm not going too far out with saying your locker room will be divided. Stop acting like everything's going to be fine.

Example: look at your forum, it was divided in the Favre/Rodgers controversy.....now imagine what the teammates are going to go through, it's not hard to tell if your a REAL football fan. However, if your a Homer Simpson and you want to deny everything....it's fine with me.

Brendan
07-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Favre does not want to be traded, sources said, because he wants the freedom of choice to play for any other franchise.

Favre has been in communication with McCarthy during the past month about his desire to play but until this week had not spoken with Thompson.

-espn.com

Once again. Dont want to be traded. Wants to be released. Because he knows the Pack wont trade him to a divisional rival.... I smell a Vikings SB....?

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Favre already said he doesnt want to be traded... and the Packers wont release him, because why would they want to get nothing here?

ryanph30
07-11-2008, 04:43 PM

-espn.com

Well its not up to Favre, he is under contract with the Packers, the Packers are not under contract with him. The call is the Packers, they can do what they want. And he wont end up in the NFC North.

erict33w
07-11-2008, 04:43 PM
I read that his agent said the Packers should respect him and release him for all he has done for the Packers. Don't take this the wrong way becuase Favre is great, but I think he should be thanking the Packers for what they have done for him, they didnt exactly sign him as a shoe-in starter back in the day, he needed help and we gave it to him. Oh well, I think that if he wants to come back and it cant be with the Packers then he should try at all.

Brendan
07-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Favre is in control. Favre is the Packers. It should be called Green Brett Favre Packers because he IS the Packers. If he wants to be released, and they say no we arent, its going to get REALLY ugly REALLY quickly

Soop
07-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Either way the Pack will have a better record than your little bear cubs. :p

My prediction: Rodgers is going to be a headcase if Favre plays somewhere else. There will be too much pressure on him and the team will point fingers at each other and management.

Brendan
07-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Here is my philosophy...

ryanph30 (4:46:18 PM): current teams right now
ryanph30 (4:46:27 PM): pack>purple penis eaters
MinAD28Vikings (4:46:51 PM): current teams right now Pack<Vikings
MinAD28Vikings (4:46:54 PM): with Favre on the Vikings
MinAD28Vikings (4:46:57 PM): NFL<Vikings
ryanph30 (4:47:01 PM): lol
MinAD28Vikings (4:47:04 PM): lol
ryanph30 (4:47:08 PM): your so full of ****
MinAD28Vikings (4:47:10 PM): lol
MinAD28Vikings (4:47:15 PM): hahahahha

Urbs
07-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Already a thread for this...

Not when I posted it

SoCalPacker2
wow... i just lost a lot of respect for my favorite player of all time. what a sad day

Soop
Favre is in control. Favre is the Packers. It should be called Green Brett Favre Packers because he IS the Packers. If he wants to be released, and they say no we arent, its going to get REALLY ugly REALLY quickly

Yeah, with all due respect they should honor Brett's wishes.

OC Knights #11
Oh and you do? :rolleyes:

Just like I said he was going to comeback, I'm not going too far out with saying your locker room will be divided. Stop acting like everything's going to be fine.

Example: look at your forum, it was divided in the Favre/Rodgers controversy.....now imagine what the teammates are going to go through, it's not hard to tell if your a REAL football fan. However, if your a Homer Simpson and you want to deny everything....it's fine with me.

I know more about the Packers then you. I am from Wisconsin. Your from California, that's fine, i should know more of whats going on.

Ya our forum might have been divided, but that doesn't mean the packers locker room is divided, their professionals, yes, i am sure some wish Favre was still their qb but its not like they won't play with the same intensity because Favre is gone.

I am not denying anything. Its my opinion.

Brendan
07-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Yeah, with all due respect they should honor Brett's wishes.

Completely agree

Soop
07-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Here is my philosophy...

ryanph30 (4:46:18 PM): current teams right now
ryanph30 (4:46:27 PM): pack>purple penis eaters
MinAD28Vikings (4:46:51 PM): current teams right now Pack<Vikings
MinAD28Vikings (4:46:54 PM): with Favre on the Vikings
MinAD28Vikings (4:46:57 PM): NFL<Vikings
ryanph30 (4:47:01 PM): lol
MinAD28Vikings (4:47:04 PM): lol
ryanph30 (4:47:08 PM): your so full of ****
MinAD28Vikings (4:47:10 PM): lol
MinAD28Vikings (4:47:15 PM): hahahahha
:pity:

wow... i just lost a lot of respect for my favorite player of all time. what a sad day

:dance:

newdude
07-11-2008, 04:52 PM

I don't get how some Packers fans lost respect for him!! He was persuaded/pressured to quickly make his decision to retire. He then changed his mind and wanted to come back to the Packers when thinking more clearly, but ignored. Now he wants to play, so he asked to be released bcuz he isn't accepted by GB.

RcrkllrH2
im curious to see what happens in this forum if favre goes to another team, does horribly, retires (For good) and then retires as a packer

itll be interesting to see everyone say how stupid he is and how much hes a dumba** and an idiot...blah blah blah

ryanph30

:dance:

You suck sooper

Soop
07-11-2008, 04:54 PM
I know more about the Packers then you. I am from Wisconsin. Your from California, that's fine, i should know more of whats going on.

WTF! :pity:
I don't care if you were living down the street from Brett himself, your opinions are awful. Just because I live in California I can't relate to football? Stop embarassing yourself.

Chitown packfan
07-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Someone posted before that NFL Live said he could go to Redskins, Bucs, or Vikings. Chris Carter just said the other day that "Brett Favre would be playing for the Green Bay Packers week 1". He is so full of $h1t his eyes are brown. No credibility to any one of those jokers.

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Am I the only one here that absolutley HATES sooper?

uncfan44
07-11-2008, 04:58 PM
i wish that TT would stop being so arrogant. How can he possibly think lettin favre go is a good idea. And to not make a statement yet to calm down fans shows he does not care a bit for the fans. He is not dumb, he knows what the fans gotta b thinkin, and the fact that he cant explain his thoughts to those that matter is pathetic. I just hope this bites him in the tail. And for all those who think favre wont to go a nfc, or even nfc north team, remove ur head from ur arse, lol:)....i THINK he wants to b released so he can make his decision on where to go with NO strings attached. Which means if he feels the queens r his best shot to win and they want him, thats where he will go. Now if he feels an afc team like BAL. will b his best chance to win thats where he ends up. I am still in shock about this whole situation..... if he goes i lose all respect for TT and other upper brass for us.

OC Knights #11
WTF! :pity:
I don't care if you were living down the street from Brett himself, your opinions are awful. Just because I live in California I can't relate to football? Stop embarassing yourself.

Did i say you can't talk about the Packers, I didn't say you didn't know anything about football and i didn't say you know nothing at all about the packers, but if you got that impression then i am sorry.

iam brett favre
I'm telling you. What I'm saying makes sense.
He is doing this to put the Packers in a situation where they will be forced to take him back.

Chitown packfan
He may want to play else where...if that is the case, have a safe trip. At least now the kiddy games are over. He needs to stop handcuffing the team. I LOVE Brett Favre but...SERIOUSLY!!!!!

Soop
You suck sooper

Hey Ryan, I'm just being honest bro. This is a great day for Bears fans, I'm excited for two reasons.

1. I hope he would come to Chicago
2. Where ever he goes (besides Minny), it's a win-win situation for us. Your team might not recover from this which is better for us.

Sorry, but I'm being honest.

newdude
07-11-2008, 04:59 PM
im curious to see what happens in this forum if favre goes to another team, does horribly, retires (For good) and then retires as a packer

itll be interesting to see everyone say how stupid he is and how much hes a dumba** and an idiot...blah blah blah

No disrespect, but dude, u don't speak for everyone. Even if he goes to another team (hope not) and maybe stink it up (hope not), I wouldn't call him a dumbass. Would u stop doing what u love just becuz others don't want u to? The man just wants to play football and he's still able to, unlike others who aren't physically able to, so stop the hate.

RcrkllrH2
07-11-2008, 05:05 PM
No disrespect, but dude, u don't speak for everyone. Even if he goes to another team (hope not) and maybe stink it up (hope not), I wouldn't call him a dumbass. Would u stop doing what u love just becuz others don't want u to? The man just wants to play football and he's still able to, unlike others who aren't physically able to, so stop the hate.

youre right....i dont speak for everyone....and i didnt word my post really well...sorry

i meant to say that it will be interesting to see what people say period....not all bad and good....but we are in such an uproar over this whole situation, and saying how much we love brett and want him back, but i wonder who will be the ones to turn on him when things to badly for him

uncfan44
07-11-2008, 05:12 PM

should be...hatin someone for opions shared ina forum:badidea:

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 05:13 PM
All he does is come here and tear apart favre

uncfan44
07-11-2008, 05:18 PM
we cant expect a bear fan to know a good QB when was the last time they had a good one lol, dont mean we gotta hate him:)

newdude
07-11-2008, 05:23 PM
youre right....i dont speak for everyone....and i didnt word my post really well...sorry

i meant to say that it will be interesting to see what people say period....not all bad and good....but we are in such an uproar over this whole situation, and saying how much we love brett and want him back, but i wonder who will be the ones to turn on him when things to badly for him

OOOOOoo:D, ok. I get wat ur saying now, hehehhe. But u really see ppl's true feelings once things turn for the worse, like right now, I see a few ppl turning their backs on him already and nothing is even resolved yet.

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 05:24 PM
:sigh:
I guess Favre's era is over?

OC Knights #11
07-11-2008, 05:26 PM
^ its been over since march.

lavell12
07-11-2008, 05:27 PM
I say we throw TT overboard if he releases Favre he will go down in history as the guy who let released Brett Favre. Knowing Favre the Packers should of realized that there was a good chance Favre would change his mind. They should of had a plan. I'll tell you Aaron Rodgers better be great next year or he is going to hear it.

RcrkllrH2
07-11-2008, 05:27 PM

seems like it.....

although im curious to see what "contender" would want to pick him up, since if theyre a contender they probably have a good qb anyway

i vehemently believe that the vikings are NOT a contender, in the most non-mean, non-pro-packers-therefore-anti-vikings manner i just think the vikings are overrated in their defense and offense so i dont believe theyre a contender but i wonder what contender favre might go to

RcrkllrH2
07-11-2008, 05:28 PM
I say we throw TT overboard if he releases Favre he will go down in history as the guy who let released Brett Favre. Knowing Favre the Packers should of realized that there was a good chance Favre would change his mind. They should of had a plan. I'll tell you Aaron Rodgers better be great next year or he is going to hear it.

from whom? the fans who had nothing to do with this whole situation?

or the management that threw him into the situation?

XJW18
07-11-2008, 05:29 PM
wow
this is unreal.

ryanph30
07-11-2008, 05:29 PM

Looks like someone jumped on the Arod bandwagon pretty quick. If I remember right you used to bash him. :pity:

You should probably change your name, btw.

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 05:30 PM
I'm just very anti Favre, and very pro Rodgers right now. Im just not happy with Favre right now. Ill be the first to admit I hated Rodgers, but thats when I thought Favre would come back.

ryanph30
07-11-2008, 05:32 PM

newdude
Looks like someone jumped on the Arod bandwagon pretty quick. If I remember right you used to bash him. :pity:

You should probably change your name, btw.

For real, lol.

Packers statement:
http://packers.com/news/releases/2008/07/11/1/

iam brett favre
:shrug: I dont know what to say.. im just very mad right now.

ryanph30
07-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Well your sounding like a Queens fan.

But w/e, im off to work guys. Take it easy.

newdude
07-11-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm just very anti Favre, and very pro Rodgers right now. Im just not happy with Favre right now. Ill be the first to admit I hated Rodgers, but thats when I thought Favre would come back.

Why anti Favre? He asked for a release cuz they didn't let him back. What can he do? He wants to play dude.:eyebrow:

lavell12
07-11-2008, 05:35 PM
I think favre really wants to come back mainly b/c the packers don't want him back a way of proving them wrong. That said he will be playing for GB next year, he is calling TT's bluff, there is no way that TT has the balls to tell Favre he can't be the GB QB, Favre not TT should be the one deciding.

ryanph30
07-11-2008, 05:35 PM
For real, lol.

Packers statement:
http://packers.com/news/releases/2008/07/11/1/

Very nice statement they put out, very classy. :clap:

lavell12
07-11-2008, 05:36 PM
I wonder if Dan Snyder will kick Campbell to the curb for a year b/c the Skins are the only team with any talent that could use Favre besides Minnesota, and I doubt he goes there.

OnWisconsin2007
07-11-2008, 05:36 PM
I think we should all not jump to crazy conclusions right now. This story just dropped, a LOT can happen from now. Favre hasn't been released yet, hasn't signed with another team. Let's just wait to see what will happen.

RcrkllrH2
07-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Very nice statement they put out, very classy. :clap:

it was boring and unrefreshingly neutral

good god packers....SAY SOMETHING!

newdude
07-11-2008, 05:40 PM
It was a weird statement indeed. I think they are gonna deal him (release or trade) after reading that :(

Plz dont, I still have some faith they won't :pray:

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 05:40 PM
I'm anti this whole situation. i wish it would be over, and he'd come back where he truly belongs.. the packers :cry:

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 05:41 PM
The Green Bay Packers are aware of the latest developments regarding Brett Favre.

Brett earned and exercised the right to retire on his terms. We wanted him to return and welcomed him back on more than one occasion.

Brett's press conference and subsequent conversations in the following weeks illustrated his commitment to retirement.

The finality of his decision to retire was accepted by the organization. At that point, the Green Bay Packers made the commitment to move forward with our football team.

As a retired player, Brett has the option to apply for reinstatement with Commissioner Goodell. If that were to occur, he would become an active member of the Green Bay Packers. As always, the Packers will do what's right and in the best interest of the team.

As with all Packers greats, Brett's legacy will always be celebrated by our fans and the organization, regardless of any change in his personal intentions.

Brett and Deanna will always be a part of the Packers family.

(that was the statement)
Im not sure what to take from that..

newdude
07-11-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm anti this whole situation. i wish it would be over, and he'd come back where he truly belongs.. the packers :cry:

Quick change of the avatar eh? JK JK, its cool.:D

Soop
07-11-2008, 05:43 PM
:sad2: You hate me? I thought you loved me kid. :cry:

should be...hatin someone for opions shared ina forum:badidea:
:nod:

All he does is come here and tear apart favre

:bs: I've never said anything negative about Favre. I expect you to understand a discussion without getting angry at me because your team is dealing with some bad news. Grow up!

uncfan44
07-11-2008, 05:44 PM
um dumbest statement ever. that said nothin we didnt know....we know they apprecaite favre, but some way to show it by not lettin him back. Its almost like they dont care what the fans think on the issue. I just want some real answers, expecially by those few who made the decision. I also want to hear a deffinate from TT or whoever that the pac dont want him back this no statement shows no class.

newdude
07-11-2008, 05:44 PM
"The finality of his decision to retire was accepted by the organization. At that point, the Green Bay Packers made the commitment to move forward with our football team."

and

"As always, the Packers will do what's right and in the best interest of the team."

VS.

As a retired player, Brett has the option to apply for reinstatement with Commissioner Goodell. If that were to occur, he would become an active member of the Green Bay Packers.

I don't know which is going to prevail...

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Quick change of the avatar eh? JK JK, its cool.:D

:nod: lol
What are your thoughts from the statement?

Soop
07-11-2008, 05:45 PM
BTW iam brett favre, why don't you ask Wrigs if you could change your user name to iam aaron rodgers.

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 05:46 PM
BTW iam brett favre, why don't you ask Wrigs if you could change your user name to iam aaron rodgers.

Why? Just becasue I'm not happy with the decision he/and the team is making, doesnt mean I still dont love him as a player. #4 for ever.

Brendan
07-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Its saying that Brettt is ****ed. They are saying that they moved on with Rodgers when Favre retired, and that if he applies for reinstatement he is a Packer and there is nothing he can do

newdude
07-11-2008, 05:47 PM
:sad2: You hate me? I thought you loved me kid. :cry:

:bs: I've never said anything negative about Favre. I expect you to understand a discussion without getting angry at me because your team is dealing with some bad news. Grow up!

Its good to have some arguments/discussion with rival fans, especially with calm-headed ones. Ur welcome here :cheers:

except that avatar of urs.......lol.:D

uncfan44
07-11-2008, 05:49 PM
i understand his decision, we keep hearin that he shouldnt have waited this long. I wonder when the last time we all made a decision that he didnt like and did what we could to change that decision. Its no different, just that he is in the spotlight for his. I change my mind often on this as im sure everyone who critizes his decision does.

Soop
07-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Why? Just becasue I'm not happy with the decision he/and the team is making, doesnt mean I still dont love him as a player. #4 for ever.

You were quick to change your avatar, weren't you?

newdude
07-11-2008, 05:50 PM
:nod: lol
What are your thoughts from the statement?

Look two posts above urs. I'm scared cuz part of it is against Favre, the other is somewhat nice?

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 05:52 PM
FoxSports.com's Jay Glazer reports that the Packers won't release Brett Favre, as he requested Friday. They would rather trade him or make him Aaron Rodgers' backup.
That's not the only scoop Glazer has. Glazer writes that Favre was set to un-retire in late March, with both GM Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy's approval. The Packers even chartered a jet for Favre to announce his return, but Favre changed his mind yet again two days before the scheduled announcement.

!!!:speechless:!!!

Ryan Diesel
07-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Well I've been told I was crazy the last few years as this entire thing has played out. I really wish I had been wrong, but now it's official. I never thought I'd see the day that we'd push the greatest player in our franchise history out when he was still this good. I sure hope Rodgers is good, because he just got a lot more pressure put on him. TT needs his *** beat. If they release him I'm going to Lambeau and raising some hell. Why would you take the chance of him going to another team, especially when all three teams in our division will at least make a run for him. Releasing him is the worst of the options we have right now. Makes me sick the disrespect that our team has for the games most prolific passer that just took second in the MVP voting. I expect that type of thing from other teams, but not the Packers. We were always above that, well until TT came to town.

Ryan Diesel
07-11-2008, 05:54 PM

or Ilovefairweather

uncfan44
makes sence they wont release him, but r they throwin a temper tantrum bc he changed his mind after he said hed come back....grow up pac, lol

Soop
Its good to have some arguments/discussion with rival fans, especially with calm-headed ones. Ur welcome here :cheers:

except that avatar of urs.......lol.:D

:hi5:

Hugh knows me from the NFL forum, he knows I don't bait or anything like that. That's why he expressed to some of your forum posters about a week ago. I don't come in here to hate or anything, I enjoy the convo. There's some cool cats in here as well as yourself.

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 05:55 PM
The Packers have released a statement on Brett Favre, stating that they "wanted him to return and welcomed him back on more than one occasion."
"The finality of his decision to retire was accepted by the organization," the statement continues. "At that point, the Green Bay Packers made the commitment to move forward with our football team. As a retired player, Brett has the option to apply for reinstatement with Commissioner Goodell. If that were to occur, he would become an active member of the Green Bay Packers. As always, the Packers will do what's right and in the best interest of the team." This statement indicates that Green Bay will not give up all leverage and just cut Favre. GM Ted Thompson could look to trade him first.

-rotoworld

Soop
07-11-2008, 05:56 PM
or Ilovefairweather

uncfan44
07-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Quote:
FoxSports.com's Jay Glazer reports that the Packers won't release Brett Favre, as he requested Friday. They would rather trade him or make him Aaron Rodgers' backup.
That's not the only scoop Glazer has. Glazer writes that Favre was set to un-retire in late March, with both GM Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy's approval. The Packers even chartered a jet for Favre to announce his return, but Favre changed his mind yet again two days before the scheduled announcement.

how crazy....that means they knew he wanted back and was not sure and still offically moved on....should have kept an open mind this whole time.
Now i am not stayin they should have not drafted for future or ne thing, but to close off the idea of his comeback with that in mind is kinda crazy.

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 05:57 PM
^i just posted that lol

uncfan44
07-11-2008, 05:58 PM
thats where i got it from was u....lol i just didnt hit the quote button i quick reply

Soop
07-11-2008, 06:00 PM
^i just posted that lol

thats where i got it from was u....lol i just didnt hit the quote button i quick reply

:laugh:

newdude
Posted By iam bett favre
With this quote:

With that whole article, it has now become a he said-she said, or rather he said-they said. And bolded part=LOL, if they benched Favre in favor of Rodgers, they'll be the laughig stock of the NFL.

iam brett favre
Oh ok uncfan i see lol.
I dont know this whole thing is getting crazier by the minute.. i think its Packers or nothing. For real.

XJW18
07-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Everyone should turn it to sportscenter.
theres a whole thing on it right now

Soop
07-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Everyone should turn it to sportscenter.
theres a whole thing on it right now

I'm at work and don't have access to a television. Keep me posted. :pray:

newdude
07-11-2008, 06:08 PM
I'm at work and don't have access to a television. Keep me posted. :pray:

At work? And yet ur posting in a sports forum? Employee of the month!!!!!:D

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Sooper, all you have to do is read whats on the main NFL forum... he WILL not be released. I guess at best for him he will be the backup to Aaron rodgers.

Rtardz
07-11-2008, 06:09 PM
you think he is doing this because TT wouldn`t respond, and if he says ok then release me it will scare them and force TT to take him back?

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 06:10 PM
more news, kind of:

It seems that Brett Favre isn't getting his way in Green Bay anymore.

The Packers legend asked the team for his unconditional release on Friday, but the organization has no intention of granting that request, FOXSports.com has learned. If anything, sources say, the team is prepared to welcome Favre back as a backup to Aaron Rodgers.

Rodgers has worked as the team's starter for the last five months and Green Bay has been operating under that assumption since Favre announced his retirement in the beginning of March. Favre re-affirmed his decision to retire at the end of March.

"The finality of (Favre's) decision to retire was accepted by the organization," the team said in a statement released Friday. "At that point, the Green Bay Packers made the commitment to move forward with our football team."

Green Bay would likely trade Favre before releasing him, sources indicate. The team has the cap space to take on Favre's huge salary, but it would rather deal him than give him up for nothing, if those were the two options.

Friday's letter asking for his release is just the latest in what has been quite a soap opera involving Favre and the team this offseason.

As word of his desire to play leaked out, the team has treated the news largely as hearsay, as this is not the first time this offseason that Favre has made such a request.

In late March during the NFL Owners Meeting, Favre informed the team he wanted to play again, multiple sources have told FOXSports.com. Not only did he insist he was returning, both head coach Mike McCarthy and GM Ted Thompson agreed that he still had something left and they would welcome him back. Despite the fact that those close to Favre have stated Thompson did not want Favre back, Thompson was the deciding factor in agreeing it was not too late to have him un-retire at that time and start for the Packers in 2008.

In fact, team brass went as far as chartering a jet to fly to Mississippi to make it official later that week. The agreement was that the NFL's all-time leading passer would return for the year but help make it easier and palatable for Rodgers, who would have to wait another season to take the helm.

The group was set for this huge move when Favre suddenly phoned the team two days before the meeting was to take place and informed McCarthy that he had changed his mind yet again and was staying retired. While team officials were stunned by Favre's reversal, they made the decision to move on and draft his replacement, a move that Favre at the time understood. The Packers selected two quarterbacks in April's draft, Louisville's Brian Brohm in the 2nd round and LSU's Matt Flynn in the 7th round.

Then, a few weeks ago, Favre phoned the team stating he had that "itch" again to play. However, since he had jilted the Packers in March, the team simply took his latest request with a grain of salt. In addition, the team has put considerable time and attention into making Rodgers comfortable as the heir apparent.

The bottom line at this point is the soap opera is unfortunately growing and likely won't die any time soon.

newdude
07-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Sooper, all you have to do is read whats on the main NFL forum... he WILL not be released. I guess at best for him he will be the backup to Aaron rodgers.

At best? Backup? Favre? If they benched him, I seriously don't have faith in the mental stability of MM.:confused:

XJW18
07-11-2008, 06:12 PM
At best? Backup? Favre? If they benched him, I seriously don't have faith in the mental stability of MM.:confused:

i highly doubt he would be benched.
he'll be off the team b4 he is benched

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Think about this:
The Packers want to build for the future. But, if Favre plays this year, they'd still have Rodgers for the future, and if they really think he is there guy, why not win now, and in the future?

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 06:13 PM

You said keep you posted, Im just saying what has been recently posted.. on rotoworld and FOXSports.

Rtardz
07-11-2008, 06:14 PM
the bad thing is, every team probably wont trade for him because most teams know that they can just wait and he will be released and they can get him for nothing. Unless there gets a bidding war, but Brett will only want to go to a team that has a chance. this is gonna be weird.

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 06:16 PM
Favre: Doesnt want to be traded.
Packers: Refuses to release him.
Solution: Packers or nothing.

Soop
07-11-2008, 06:16 PM
At work? And yet ur posting in a sports forum? Employee of the month!!!!!:D
:bow: Yes!!!! :bow:

This makes no sense, this would divide the team even more. Everyone would be begging non-stop to TT to yank A-Rod out and put Brett in. It would drive A-Rod absolutely nuts. This would be the worst case scenario for you. You need to get rid of him before putting him on the BENCH.

newdude
07-11-2008, 06:17 PM
You said keep you posted, Im just saying what has been recently posted.. on rotoworld and FOXSports.

Sooper said keep him posted, but thnx anyway :D

XJW18
the bad thing is, every team probably wont trade for him because most teams know that they can just wait and he will be released and they can get him for nothing. Unless there gets a bidding war, but Brett will only want to go to a team that has a chance. this is gonna be weird.

i read that Brett said he wants to be released
so he could choose where he wants to play.
he doesnt wanna be traded

uncfan44
this is gettin way outta hand the pac just need to make it official and say their intentions....and i am also at work lol, what is sports center sayin.

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 06:18 PM

:shrug: What?

Soop
07-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Favre: Doesnt want to be traded.
Packers: Refuses to release him.
Solution: Packers or nothing.

It's too early to say this. Give it a day or so and you'll see it different.

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 06:20 PM
SC is just saying what they've been saying all day on ESPN.. that he is requesting a release.

Soop
07-11-2008, 06:20 PM

:shrug: What?

It was me that said 'keep me posted' and I was talking to XJW18. :pity:

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 06:21 PM
It's too early to say this. Give it a day or so and you'll see it different.

The Packers have released a statement on Brett Favre, stating that they "wanted him to return and welcomed him back on more than one occasion."
"The finality of his decision to retire was accepted by the organization," the statement continues. "At that point, the Green Bay Packers made the commitment to move forward with our football team. As a retired player, Brett has the option to apply for reinstatement with Commissioner Goodell. If that were to occur, he would become an active member of the Green Bay Packers. As always, the Packers will do what's right and in the best interest of the team." This statement indicates that Green Bay will not give up all leverage and just cut Favre. GM Ted Thompson could look to trade him first.

-both from rotoworld.

I think its clear they wont release him.

uncfan44
07-11-2008, 06:21 PM
i read that Brett said he wants to be released
so he could choose where he wants to play.
he doesnt wanna be traded

would u want to b traded. The pac would dictate where he can play, and inside they dont want him to go to a contender and make them look bad. that would b a lose lose situation, brett gets screwd and retires again, or pack got a 7th rounder deff not what he is worth.

uncfan44
07-11-2008, 06:23 PM
how pissed would yall b if we got a 7th rounded for him. It would b like a slap to the face to me

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 06:24 PM
do you realize that they wont trade him if he doesnt want to be? i highly doubt they would anyway.

XJW18
07-11-2008, 06:25 PM
would u want to b traded. The pac would dictate where he can play, and inside they dont want him to go to a contender and make them look bad. that would b a lose lose situation, brett gets screwd and retires again, or pack got a 7th rounder deff not what he is worth.

i get what ur sayin.
id rather them trade him and get something out of it.
all im doing is posting what ESPN is saying and they are saying he wants to be released so he could choose.

Soop
07-11-2008, 06:27 PM
-both from rotoworld.

I think its clear they wont release him.

Trade him, release him, or re-activate him. Who knows?

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Well they openly said they will take him back as an active member of the team... that could mean backup, or trade. not release though.

XJW18
07-11-2008, 06:46 PM
All i know is if we do trade/release him and he goes to a team that we play this season, i wanna see our Defense Lay Nuts on him.
:mad:

nachopudding
07-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Rotoworld is saying "Bus" and Favre are targeting the Panthers and Dolphins. I really would like him yo come back but at the same time, we have moved on and are prepared for the Rodgers era. If he goes to any other team I would not mind the dolphins. Not sure why. I would like to see him win another Super Bowl but not with anyone but the Pack. Whatever team he goes to I wish him success so I don't want it to be any team I hate. I'm torn.

newdude
07-11-2008, 06:53 PM
All i know is if we do trade/release him and he goes to a team that we play this season, i wanna see our Defense Lay Nuts on him.
:mad:

R u really serious?:eyebrow:

Brendan
07-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Dolphins? WTF

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Well the packers would have to trade him to them.. he doesnt have much say.

XJW18
07-11-2008, 06:58 PM
R u really serious?:eyebrow:

Ya im serious!
i love Brett but if he's not on our Roster im not rooting for him.
what am i sappose to do root against us just becuz were playing Brett.
no i wanna see him get hit and hard.
im a Packers Fan!

newdude
07-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Dolphins? WTF

Lol, wishing someone success doesn't equate to going to the Phins.

beast
07-11-2008, 06:59 PM

Sounds like the Packers are saying, if you want to come back, than do it. So even if Favre comes back it may be in a Packers uni.

nachopudding
07-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Lol, wishing someone success doesn't equate to going to the Phins.

Right, but I also said I don't want him to win a Super Bowl with anyone but the Pack, because I can't root for anyone but the Pack. Success for him outside of a Packers uniform would mean maybe an MVP season and good stats and staying healthy all year. And if he went to Miami I know I wouldn't have to worry about him winning a SB. I don't know man, I'm just so confused. Damn it all.

newdude
07-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Ya im serious!
i love Brett but if he's not on our Roster im not rooting for him.
what am i sappose to do root against us just becuz were playing Brett.
no i wanna see him get hit and hard.
im a Packers Fan!

I'm a Packer fan too, but if he plays against us, I wouldn't want to wish harm on him to ur extent. He played his heart out for the team for 16 years man, show at least some decency to watch the game w/o wanting him to get "killed.":)

But for now, lets hope he'll be starting for us;)

XJW18
07-11-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm a Packer fan too, but if he plays against us, I wouldn't want to wish harm on him to ur extent. He played his heart out for the team for 16 years man, show at least some decency to watch the game w/o wanting him to get "killed.":)

But for now, lets hope he'll be starting for us;)

i never said i wanted him to get hurt!
i just wanna see them lay nuts on him!!

i hope he's here next year also!

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 07:05 PM
There's always a chance Rodgers gets hurt and they use Favre as their starter :shrug:

newdude
07-11-2008, 07:08 PM
Right, but I also said I don't want him to win a Super Bowl with anyone but the Pack, because I can't root for anyone but the Pack. Success for him outside of a Packers uniform would mean maybe an MVP season and good stats and staying healthy all year. And if he went to Miami I know I wouldn't have to worry about him winning a SB. I don't know man, I'm just so confused. Damn it all.

But being in the Dolphins will get him none of what u've mentioned, look at the team, it'll take a couple of seasons for Parcells to shape them up. Dont worry, I'm confused and in a dazed right now also.

nachopudding
07-11-2008, 07:08 PM
Now that he seems committed to returning and even going to another team makes me feel he is willing to play another couple years. I highly doubt he would come back to another team and play for just one more year. The Packers probably know that and it may play in their decision to trade or play him. There is no third option. If they do trade him I think they will ask for his approval first or Favre and his agent will talk a team into giving something up for him if they both want to him in a particular jersey.

RcrkllrH2
07-11-2008, 07:11 PM
There's always a chance Rodgers gets hurt and they use Favre as their starter :shrug:

if that were the case....i would be scared shizzless if i were aaron everytime i was alone in a parking lot in green bay

nachopudding
07-11-2008, 07:11 PM
But being in the Dolphins will get him none of what u've mentioned, look at the team, it'll take a couple of seasons for Parcells to shape them up. Dont worry, I'm confused and in a dazed right now also.

Good point. Which is why I don't know why he would want to go there. That could just be rumor though. Or like I said before I read your post, he is looking into a multi year comeback. I really can't wait for this season now. This is going to be the most anticipated Packer season in a looooong time. No, not just Packer season but football season in general.

newdude
07-11-2008, 07:12 PM

They're not going to bench him for Rodgers (or however he gets injured), MM is not that dumb, at least I hope not.

uncfan44
07-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Now that he seems committed to returning and even going to another team makes me feel he is willing to play another couple years. I highly doubt he would come back to another team and play for just one more year. The Packers probably know that and it may play in their decision to trade or play him. There is no third option. If they do trade him I think they will ask for his approval first or Favre and his agent will talk a team into giving something up for him if they both want to him in a particular jersey.

i dont c the pac trading him to a contender, bc if they win big they look bad. A the same time i dont c favre playin for a loser IE dolphin or even panthers. Both r a serious step down from the pac. SO i dont think they come to a mutual agreement, but i have been wrong b4 and will b wrong again.

uncfan44
07-11-2008, 07:14 PM
They're not going to bench him for Rodgers (or however he gets injured), MM is not that dumb, at least I hope not.

agreed:clap: pac benchin favre= dumbest move in pro sports history.

newdude
07-11-2008, 07:24 PM
if that were the case....i would be scared shizzless if i were aaron everytime i was alone in a parking lot in green bay

LOL, now thats funny:D

Good point. Which is why I don't know why he would want to go there. That could just be rumor though. Or like I said before I read your post, he is looking into a multi year comeback. I really can't wait for this season now. This is going to be the most anticipated Packer season in a looooong time. No, not just Packer season but football season in general.

I dunno about this season, but this offseason sucks atm.:cry:

Smithy04
07-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Favre gave the Packers the oppurtunity to bring him back on Tuesday by telling Green Bay that he wants to come out of retirement when he met with MM and TT in a conference. Favre then waited three days and the Packers gave him no response and TT did not push at all for him to come back or show any interest in bringing him back.

Favre would take us to the Super Bowl in 2008 and possibly very well win the whole thing. TT, give the man another shot and give us what the fans want.

The Packers are the only team in the NFL who are owned by the people. Let the people decide what happens instead of essentially one man (TT).

uncfan44
07-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Favre gave the Packers the oppurtunity to bring him back on Tuesday by telling Green Bay that he wants to come out of retirement when he met with MM and TT in a conference. Favre then waited three days and the Packers gave him no response and TT did not push at all for him to come back or show any interest in bringing him back.

Favre would take us to the Super Bowl in 2008 and possibly very well win the whole thing. TT, give the man another shot and give us what the fans want.

The Packers are the only team in the NFL who are owned by the people. Let the people decide what happens instead of essentially one man (TT).

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

SwaggaIke
07-11-2008, 07:32 PM
They need to grant that man his release and allow him to compete w/ another team.

Brooke
07-11-2008, 07:33 PM
sad day for Packer fans :(

btw if Favre and Rodgers were both on the roster, Favre would be a starter. He is a proven winner, Rodgers hasn't proven anything yet

the one thing I won't accept is him in a Bears or Vikings uniform

Smithy04
07-11-2008, 07:34 PM
People keep saying if Favre is not playing for the Packers this season (hopefully he starts for us somehow) that it will be with the Minnesota Vikings, Washington Redskins, or Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

uncfan44
07-11-2008, 07:45 PM
i could c skins or vikes and ravens, but thats it.....and to sad that is maddening lol. I NEVER and i mean NEVER thought i'd c the day where the pac had a better option then to have favre. either i am a bad judge for football talent, or TT isa ******.

lavell12
07-11-2008, 07:50 PM
I feel bad for Rodgers and all, but I think that Favre should definetly comeback and play for GB. I say we tell Favre that he can sign with GB and an agreement for QBing for 2 years no longer no shorter. Then we trade Rodgers b/c he deserves it plus we can get a strong piece for him and we groom Braun as the next QB.

Soop
07-11-2008, 07:53 PM
'The Madden Curse' is still alive.......Wow!

tbizzle1984
07-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Sources: Packers won't release Favre

tbizzle1984
07-11-2008, 08:05 PM
I was never so excited to read something in my life.

No way can we release him, that would be so so so so dumb.

Soop
07-11-2008, 08:06 PM
A tad late there buddy :pity:

OMG, that's like the 6th time that was posted in here. :laugh2:

tbizzle1984
07-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Packers | Favre update
Fri, 11 Jul 2008 15:54:19 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Green Bay Packers have no intention of releasing QB Brett Favre, according to sources. Sources say the team is prepared to welcome Favre back to the team as a backup to QB Aaron Rodgers. The Packers would likely trade Favre before releasing him, sources have stated. Favre informed the team that he wanted to play again in late March during the NFL Owners Meeting, according to sources, who have spoken to FOXSports.com. Head coach Mike McCarthy and general manager Ted Thompson agreed that Favre has what it takes to play again and were going to charter a jet to Mississippi to announce that Favre would be back in 2008. Two days before the announcement, Favre notified McCarthy that he changed his mind and wanted to remain retired. Team officials were shocked at Favre's decision to stay retired but decided to move on and head into the NFL Draft, with the team drafting QB Brian Brohm and QB Matt Flynn. A few weeks ago, Favre spoke with the team via phone and said that he wanted to play again. The team had already decided to move on with QB Aaron Rodgers expected to be the starting quarterback.

and I still don't think a trade would be a good idea. I could see Rodgers starting the first 3 and then Favre comes in fresh and is in Prime for playoffs.

or I can see Favre starting Week 1 ( I hope so cuz I'll be there )

Soop
07-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Packers | Favre update
Fri, 11 Jul 2008 15:54:19 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Green Bay Packers have no intention of releasing QB Brett Favre, according to sources. Sources say the team is prepared to welcome Favre back to the team as a backup to QB Aaron Rodgers. The Packers would likely trade Favre before releasing him, sources have stated. Favre informed the team that he wanted to play again in late March during the NFL Owners Meeting, according to sources, who have spoken to FOXSports.com. Head coach Mike McCarthy and general manager Ted Thompson agreed that Favre has what it takes to play again and were going to charter a jet to Mississippi to announce that Favre would be back in 2008. Two days before the announcement, Favre notified McCarthy that he changed his mind and wanted to remain retired. Team officials were shocked at Favre's decision to stay retired but decided to move on and head into the NFL Draft, with the team drafting QB Brian Brohm and QB Matt Flynn. A few weeks ago, Favre spoke with the team via phone and said that he wanted to play again. The team had already decided to move on with QB Aaron Rodgers expected to be the starting quarterback.

and I still don't think a trade would be a good idea. I could see Rodgers starting the first 3 and then Favre comes in fresh and is in Prime for playoffs.

Are you going to repost everything that has been posted here? :pity:

Soop
07-11-2008, 08:13 PM

:laugh:

nachopudding
07-11-2008, 08:15 PM
sad day for Packer fans :(

btw if Favre and Rodgers were both on the roster, Favre would be a starter. He is a proven winner, Rodgers hasn't proven anything yet

the one thing I won't accept is him in a Bears or Vikings uniform

I think I agree. I would like Favre to start for the Packers this season, but I guess I wouldn't mind if he moved on as well. As long as this doesn't end with Favre in a Bear or Viking uniform I'm happy. It would still be nice to see Favre on Sunday. I don't think he wants to play for TT anymore and I think a lot of the Packer players have moved on and were looking forward to playing with Rodgers. At least the younger guys.

tbizzle1984
07-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Are you going to repost everything that has been posted here? :pity:

no :(

Soop
07-11-2008, 08:18 PM
no :(

Just in case you didn't know those were posted here numerous times already. Just curious, did you read the entire thread?

tbizzle1984
07-11-2008, 08:21 PM

Just in case you didn't know those were posted here numerous times already. Just curious, did you read the entire thread?

no just last page, i'm just saying how i feel about it.

i work in minnesota so you can imagine what they all had to say about it today.

i dont want to see him in another uniform. . no matter what.

newdude
07-11-2008, 08:22 PM
That's 16 pages, alot of catching up, lol.

Soop
07-11-2008, 08:25 PM
no just last page, i'm just saying how i feel about it.

i work in minnesota so you can imagine what they all had to say about it today.

i dont want to see him in another uniform. . no matter what.

What are they saying? I bet they're talking about going after him, right?

Rtardz
07-11-2008, 08:41 PM
I would never ever imagined in a million years that Brett`s last year presumably with the Pack would go down very sour. TT needs to swallow his pride and beg him back. This is incredibly stupid and I`m tired of it. It`s like their sending notes back and forth that say Do you like me check yes no or maybe

Soop
07-11-2008, 08:45 PM
WSSP radio in Milwaukee reports that the Vikings have made initial inquiries about Brett Favre, "pending his release from the Packers."
The station's website claims it will have more about the story in the coming future. Minnesota could and should have interest in Favre, but we strongly doubt that Favre will be released. If the Vikings want him as a potential one- or two-year fix, they'll probably have to come up with a trade package. Favre's agent, Bus Cook, brokered the Steve McNair deal (Baltimore sent Tennessee a conditional fourth-rounder for McNair in '06) two offseasons ago, so he has experience dealing with this sort of thing.
rotoworld

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Thats not going to happen..

Soop
07-11-2008, 09:53 PM
..Happen to going not thats

twelvePack
07-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Sounds like the Packers are saying, if you want to come back, than do it. So even if Favre comes back it may be in a Packers uni.

All rumors, huh beast???? That's what you were babbling about for three days. Looks like it was more then media speculation huh????

gottaHaveHart
07-11-2008, 10:19 PM
its funny, my cousin bought an autographed favre uni right before this story broke today

Soop
07-11-2008, 10:20 PM
All rumors, huh beast???? That's what you were babbling about for three days. Looks like it was more then media speculation huh????

He wasn't the only one. So was that jwald guy.

newdude
07-11-2008, 10:33 PM
There is always some truth to rumors or speculations, they shouldn't have dismissed it so quickly.

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 10:41 PM
funny, because you reversed what i said...?