PDA

View Full Version : Raptors vs Pacers

aman_13
07-11-2008, 12:21 PM
I was going call this Calderon vs Ford, but then i thought that a lot of you wouldn't even bother reading this thread because i know how everyone is tired of comparing the two. Fortunately, this thread isn't about which one is better, its about the day we actually see Ford vs Calderon on the court. I think we all will be looking foward to that match-up. Every time we saw Ford play against the Bucks, he always had that swagger, and will even talk a little trash when he makes two or three shots in a row.

What do you guys think we are going to see when Ford plays the Raptors? Do you think we will see Calderon and Ford have there own battle trying to show each other up? or will it just be two point guards playing there game and focusing more on just winning?

pebloemer
07-11-2008, 12:32 PM
I was going call this Calderon vs Ford, but then i thought that a lot of you wouldn't even bother reading this thread because i know how everyone is tired of comparing the two. Fortunately, this thread isn't about which one is better, its about the day we actually see Ford vs Calderon on the court. I think we all will be looking foward to that match-up. Every time we saw Ford play against the Bucks, he always had that swagger, and will even talk a little trash when he makes two or three shots in a row.

What do you guys think we are going to see when Ford plays the Raptors? Do you think we will see Calderon and Ford have there own battle trying to show each other up? or will it just be two point guards playing there game and focusing more on just winning?

I think we will see one PG trying to do too much and another PG relaxed but less aggressive, letting his teammates do the scoring.

Goon.Weezy
07-11-2008, 12:37 PM
of course they are gonna try to show each other up.......Ford is gonna wanna prove why he shud have stayed and be the starting PG........but in the end CALDERON IS GONNA MURDER HIMMM

Tom Stone
07-11-2008, 01:04 PM
I think we will see one PG trying to do too much and another PG relaxed but less aggressive, letting his teammates do the scoring.

Nicely put.

Tom Stone
07-11-2008, 01:07 PM
What you'll see is ford pressing as usual trying to show up calderon....And caderon will do what he always does, and put the team first...he'll get his , but not outside a team concept.

argo
07-11-2008, 01:11 PM

agreed.

ford played well against the bucks when we got him.
i see ford trying to make a statement on whose the better pg, but isn't that natural? it's called competitiveness.. if you don't have it, you shouldn't be in the league. he doesn't have the same surrounding cast in indiana, so he'll probably try to take over.

calderon will play his game and get everyone involved, raps sweep season series.

Raptors27
07-11-2008, 01:13 PM
agreed.

ford played well against the bucks when we got him.
i see ford trying to make a statement on whose the better pg, but isn't that natural? it's called competitiveness.. if you don't have it, you shouldn't be in the league. he doesn't have the same surrounding cast in indiana, so he'll probably try to take over.

calderon will play his game and get everyone involved, raps sweep season series.

Yeah I see Ford being the second or third option for scoring on the team. I also think he will put up nice numbers 17 ppg 7.5 apg but the team won't win many games, unlike the Raptors.

The game vs. the Pacers expect Ford to put up 30 point agasint us. lol

Mile High Champ
07-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Im gonna hate this because these are my two fav teams, I dont want a rivalry ever between these teams to develop.

B2B
07-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Im gonna hate this because these are my two fav teams, I dont want a rivalry ever between these teams to develop.

It would make for better entertainment.

mariotubes
07-11-2008, 01:40 PM
What you'll see is ford pressing as usual trying to show up calderon....And caderon will do what he always does, and put the team first...he'll get his , but not outside a team concept.

couldnt have said it better myself... calderon doesnt get caught up in the 1 on 1 thing

Bob_at_york
07-11-2008, 04:04 PM
The game vs. the Pacers expect Ford to put up 30 point agasint us. lol
I don't think he will put up that many points, 24 sounds about right. I don't think Jose can stop him and when you combine that with the fact that TJ is built for the Pacers offence, I can see a big game with 20+ points and 12+ assists.

_Sn1P3r_
07-11-2008, 05:01 PM
TJ will light up against us. Whenever we faced Milwaukee, he would take the first shots and usually make them and have that little swagger running down the court. I say he would have a 20+ points and 10+ assists game.

Bob_at_york
07-11-2008, 05:11 PM
TJ will light up against us. Whenever we faced Milwaukee, he would take the first shots and usually make them and have that little swagger running down the court. I say he would have a 20+ points and 10+ assists game.

he is probably going to average over 10 apg for the season.

raptor fan
07-11-2008, 05:47 PM
he is probably going to average over 10 apg for the season.

wow bob, don't u think that's a little too high? i expect him to average 8 at best. averaging over 10 assists per game would put him in steve nash and chris paul company assist-wise.

Bob_at_york
07-11-2008, 05:56 PM
wow bob, don't u think that's a little too high? i expect him to average 8 at best. averaging over 10 assists per game would put him in steve nash and chris paul company assist-wise.

Tinsley who I think sucks, averaged 8.4 in that system last year in 33 minutes. TJ is better than him and I am expecting him to get starter's minutes (36 mpg). Last year, TJ averaged an over an assist ever 4 minutes of court time (so essentially 9 assists in 36 mpg). The Pacers are an up-tempo team, perfect for TJ, I think if given the minutes, he will averaged 10 apg. I see no reason for him not to.

ramz.n
07-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Ford will have incredible stats but the final box score..theres always some spark when playing a former team..lets hope O'neal will be playing

brebre82
07-11-2008, 07:37 PM

My sentiments exactly

Halladay
07-11-2008, 08:56 PM
TJ could very well put up 8 or 10 ASP. Put TJ in a run-n-gun style offense and he's capable of it. People think the Raptors have the same style offense but that's not really true. The Raptors dont play the run-n-gun but they also don't only stick to half-court sets. The Raps are somewhere between Phoenix and San Antonio.

Bob_at_york
07-12-2008, 10:52 AM
TJ could very well put up 8 or 10 ASP. Put TJ in a run-n-gun style offense and he's capable of it. People think the Raptors have the same style offense but that's not really true. The Raptors dont play the run-n-gun but they also don't only stick to half-court sets. The Raps are somewhere between Phoenix and San Antonio.

The Raptors don't run. Not anymore then any other average team. And I think they will slow down more with JO.

ramz.n
07-12-2008, 11:04 AM
its about quality posessions not quantity..run and gun just left a huge gap defensively and tired everyone out

_Sn1P3r_
07-12-2008, 11:42 AM
The Raptors don't run. Not anymore then any other average team. And I think they will slow down more with JO.

Yup probably.

airjuice
07-12-2008, 11:17 PM
This will be a great game for so many reasons. O'neal has something to prove as does Ford. Should make for a great pre game video they usually show. Someone needs to make a "there can only be one" picture with half of ford and Calderon. Makes the most sense in their case, if you think about it. :)

I just decided to make one myself. Check the avatar

ramz.n
07-12-2008, 11:24 PM
Tinsley who I think sucks, averaged 8.4 in that system last year in 33 minutes. TJ is better than him and I am expecting him to get starter's minutes (36 mpg). Last year, TJ averaged an over an assist ever 4 minutes of court time (so essentially 9 assists in 36 mpg). The Pacers are an up-tempo team, perfect for TJ, I think if given the minutes, he will averaged 10 apg. I see no reason for him not to.

the only way Ford averages 10+ apg is if Dunleavy and Granger both perform like they did last year.