PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds to the WhiteSox?!

rico
07-11-2008, 11:22 AM
I have nothing suggesting. I was just curious what other sox fans would think about it.

zzConflict
07-11-2008, 11:24 AM
And play where?

BearSox
07-11-2008, 11:30 AM
I wouldn't want him if we needed him. He is a ****ing disgrace to the game, and for Ruth and Aaron to have their records broken by him is a shame. Hell, I wouldn't care as much if he would just freaking admit that he used PED's. Instead, he keeps denying it when the biggest ****ing dumbass on earth could tell that he used.

RockTheCell
07-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Why are we even discussing this? The guy's a complete moron. I don't want him within a mile of the Cell.

JDIsMyGod23
07-11-2008, 12:19 PM
171 OPS+. Hell ya! I love Bonds and know I'm in the minority, I loved him before 2001 too. No way it would happen though.

DaSox_05
07-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Im with you JD, I voted yes I would love him on the Sox even though he may be an assclown. I wouldnt really care his OBP is great. The Cell is a hitters park and he would probably hit 20-30 hrs in the second half.

whitesoxfan83
07-11-2008, 12:52 PM
And play where?

exactly

i said in the offseason i would have glady traded thome for prospects, freed up the DH spot and signed bonds.

we dont have the room even on our bench for this guy

also kenny made it clear long ago that there was NO WAY this would ever happen

sep11ie
07-11-2008, 01:04 PM
I grew up watching him play in Pittsburgh and I'd love to see him hammering ball for the Sox. Why not?

whitesoxfan83
07-11-2008, 01:06 PM
I grew up watching him play in Pittsburgh and I'd love to see him hammering ball for the Sox. Why not?

cause theres just no where to play him.

the a's are the perfect fit imo.

kwstriker299
07-11-2008, 01:11 PM
cause theres just no where to play him.

the a's are the perfect fit imo.

but they already have Cust and Big Frank.

I don't was this piece of **** on the sox anyway. Obv. nobody else wants him either

chicagowhitesox
07-11-2008, 01:11 PM
He'd have no place to play. And he would just be a major distraction.

DaSox_05
07-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Ok everyone is saying we dont have any room for him to play. Well what if we had no DH lets say Thome was hurt for the year then would you want Bonds???

JDIsMyGod23
07-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Pedro Gomez needs a job now too. Let's help out Pedro! I mean he did pick us to win the Central!

Bulldog76
07-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Im with you JD, I voted yes I would love him on the Sox even though he may be an assclown. I wouldnt really care his OBP is great. The Cell is a hitters park and he would probably hit 20-30 hrs in the second half.

He would be a distraction of all distractions to a clubhouse that is moving toward a division crown...He would take Jim Thome out of the lineup and provide a brokendown base clogger...

I don't even think he is getting looked at by any team in all of baseball for a variety of reasons...pending criminal case, salary demands, public image (steroids,racist,bad to media/teammates/management)...

Why would we want him? Subtraction by addition if you ask me.

whitesoxfan83
07-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Ok everyone is saying we dont have any room for him to play. Well what if we had no DH lets say Thome was hurt for the year then would you want Bonds???

yes, without question

his numbers even last year in limited time were disgusting, that is of course in one of the harder hitters parks in baseball.

he would kill for us, having said that big jim is fine and we dont need him.

plus even in that case id rather move paulie to the DH swisher to 1st and go sign kenny lofton to play CF, if were gonna throw on a veteran looking for a WS ring id rather it be kenny.

DaSox_05
07-11-2008, 02:03 PM
I think the point of the thread is if the Sox really needed him would you take him and dont just say well there is no room for him assume the Sox need him thats makes for better discussion than zz just saying well were is he going to play you know, thats my point.

sep11ie
07-11-2008, 02:07 PM
I'd rather have Bonds then Thome. All you same people were saying how bad you wanna get rid of Thome and Paulie. Now maybe we should. I'd love to have Bonds playing 1st or DHing. Maybe the rest of these dudes could learn some plate disclipine by watching him bat. Club house distaction stuff is is blown out of proportion.

whitesoxfan83
07-11-2008, 02:08 PM
I think the point of the thread is if the Sox really needed him would you take him and dont just say well there is no room for him assume the Sox need him thats makes for better discussion than zz just saying well were is he going to play you know, thats my point.

yea but the other point to be made is there really is no scenario in which the sox will really desperatly need him. give me any scenario and im sure myself and others could come out with other solutions that would be better than signing bonds.

hes an all time great talent, and his numbers last year warrant playing time somewhere, just not here. furthermore our team has had pretty good chemistry and everyone seems to get along, i just dont know how bonds would fit in with the players or more importantly ozzie.

i dont think ozzie and barry could co exist, i dont care if bonds is better than thome and konerko its not worth the headache

Superboy21
07-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Adding Bonds wouldn't necessarily hurt the White Sox image by that much. Considering that we do have Ozzie as our manager, who we all know is NOT afraid to speak up his mind even if it means cussing like the dickens. The White Sox usually only get attention on the national media if we are playing the Cubs or if Ozzie says something so outlandish, causing everybody to write or talk about getting rid of Ozzie as manager or if his crazy comments were merited or not. Bringing in Bonds would just attract more attention to the team for sure, but I really do not know how our team would play with that much attention nationally. Considering that we are a big market team, that would mean that most likely Bonds wouldn't kill our team's performance, but we seem like a really tight group of guys, which Bonds would not be a part of. With all that said, I say screw Bonds and his gimpy ***** knees. We don't need a washed up guy like him. I mean we have a similiar player in Jim Thome, who can't play the field, is slow, and hits long home runs and draws walks. And I think Kenny did a fine job finding a guy who attracts media attention in Swisher, a much better teammate and person then Raggity Ol' Barry.

kwstriker299
07-11-2008, 03:11 PM
If thome was Hurt and we absolutley NEEDED a DH, then I'd take Bonds. The cell would be a launch pad for him

Tragedy
07-11-2008, 03:47 PM
171 OPS+. Hell ya! I love Bonds and know I'm in the minority, I loved him before 2001 too. No way it would happen though.
Agreed.

I understand that teams have clearly gotten together to make sure he's not apart of MLB, but if a team NEEDED his services, they should do it. I can't stand the guy, but he absolutely can help any team.

I know for a fact if I found out tomorrow that David Ortiz would be done for the season, I would want the Red Sox to immediately call Barry up.

IndiansFan337
07-11-2008, 03:55 PM
They aren't going to sign him, but he sure would help their offense.

whitesoxfan83
07-11-2008, 04:48 PM
again ill wait for any circumstance in which this would have to happen

if thome got hurt we could plug konerko at DH swisher at 1st and sign lofton to play CF

if thome got hurt we could plug dye at DH quentin in RF Swisher in CF and called up eldred to play LF, or sign lofton to play CF

if quentin got hurt we'd just move swisher and sign or call up an OF or make dewayne wise an everyday man

if dye got hurt same thing

if an OF spot opened up we could put alexei there and uribe at 2nd. theres a ton of different things the sox could do to avoid signing bonds

i challenge anyone here to come up with a scenario in which the sox WOULD absolutly need bonds

they dont, and they never will. alexei can play 3 positions, swisher 4, uribe 3, wise 3, anderson 3. we play plenty of guys to plug at all sorts of different positions. there is no reason we'd ever need bonds.

and him and ozzie couldnt co exist, plus kenny has said in the past that he would never sign bonds to play

whitesoxfan83
07-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Agreed.

I understand that teams have clearly gotten together to make sure he's not apart of MLB, but if a team NEEDED his services, they should do it. I can't stand the guy, but he absolutely can help any team.

I know for a fact if I found out tomorrow that David Ortiz would be done for the season, I would want the Red Sox to immediately call Barry up.

did u seriously come in here and not sticky the new game thread :mad:

:p

zzConflict
07-11-2008, 04:51 PM
again ill wait for any circumstance in which this would have to happen

if thome got hurt we could plug konerko at DH swisher at 1st and sign lofton to play CF

if thome got hurt we could plug dye at DH quentin in RF Swisher in CF and called up eldred to play LF, or sign lofton to play CF

if quentin got hurt we'd just move swisher and sign or call up an OF or make dewayne wise an everyday man

if dye got hurt same thing

if an OF spot opened up we could put alexei there and uribe at 2nd. theres a ton of different things the sox could do to avoid signing bonds

i challenge anyone here to come up with a scenario in which the sox WOULD absolutly need bonds

they dont, and they never will. alexei can play 3 positions, swisher 4, uribe 3, wise 3, anderson 3. we play plenty of guys to plug at all sorts of different positions. there is no reason we'd ever need bonds.

and him and ozzie couldnt co exist, plus kenny has said in the past that he would never sign bonds to play

Bonds>>>>>>>any of those other options.

If there was room for him I would want him.

DaSox_05
07-11-2008, 04:54 PM
WSF83 what is it with you and Kenny Lofton he sucks and he is a bigger jerk than Bonds. The reason why he is not playing is cuz he wants to much damn money and wont go on a minor league stint. To play a little bit since he has not played since last year. He and his agent has publicly said this thats why he doesnt have a job.

whitesoxfan83
07-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Bonds>>>>>>>any of those other options.

If there was room for him I would want him.

if were gonna sign a veteran FA id rather get lofton, atleast it wouldnt be just another slugger.

bonds would be horrible for this team, great stats or not i think he'd severily **** the chemistry up and the attitude of the ball club. there would be a media surge in our clubhouse that everyone would have to adjust to, its just not a good idea despite the numbers.

plus i can already see problems with barrys attitude and ozzies mouth, i guess it truly would make us the 78 yankees tho.

he'd be our reggie.

whitesoxfan83
07-11-2008, 04:59 PM
WSF83 what is it with you and Kenny Lofton he sucks and he is a bigger jerk than Bonds. The reason why he is not playing is cuz he wants to much damn money and wont go on a minor league stint. To play a little bit since he has not played since last year. He and his agent has publicly said this thats why he doesnt have a job.

ur seriously gonna try and argue that lofton is a bigger jerk than bonds

loftons numbers were all at his career average last year he doesnt suck

furthermore u think that barrys not gonna want too much money, and that he will go on a minor league stint?

psh thats ****ing crazy

i lost u at lofton is a bigger jerk than bonds

this wont ever happen (kenny has said it wouldnt) and it never should he'd **** a good thing up already.

and if worst came to worse id just call up fields to DH for thome.

DaSox_05
07-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Ask any baseball guy or listen to the radio Lofton is a jerk. Bonds is also a jerk but for different reasons he just wont admitt publicly that he took steriods. Why do you think Lofton has played on so many teams cuz nobody likes him and he wants a lot of cash. Bonds has said he is willing to do what ever it takes to get on a team take less cash and do a minor league stint. Bonds is not worried about cash he has plenty im sure but Lofton is trying to get paid. just like ZZ said Bonds is better than Konerko, Thome and Swisher right now!!!

whitesoxfan83
07-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Ask any baseball guy or listen to the radio Lofton is a jerk. Bonds is also a jerk but for different reasons he just wont admitt publicly that he took steriods. Why do you think Lofton has played on so many teams cuz nobody likes him and he wants a lot of cash. Bonds has said he is willing to do what ever it takes to get on a team take less cash and do a minor league stint. Bonds is not worried about cash he has plenty im sure but Lofton is trying to get paid. just like ZZ said Bonds is better than Konerko, Thome and Swisher right now!!!

and you know this how?

ur running a huge risk signign a guy, YOU think is better than those 3 right now.

you really have no idea.

its not gonna happen, and it shouldnt. bottom line, end of story

JDIsMyGod23
07-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Bonds is easily better then all three of those guys. 171 OPS+ last season. He could get 130+ in his sleep. Why are we literally arguing over this, it isn't going to happen ever.

SOX VICTORY
07-11-2008, 06:29 PM

Why would we want Lofton anyway when he's already playing for us in Charlotte, with Owens on his jersey ?

Tragedy
07-11-2008, 07:45 PM
and you know this how?

ur running a huge risk signign a guy, YOU think is better than those 3 right now.

you really have no idea.

its not gonna happen, and it shouldnt. bottom line, end of story
JD is absolutely right.

Bonds numbers, including his 170+ OPS LAST YEAR (When people said he wasn't good) is far better than anything Thome has had (Since 2002), Konerko (His entire career), and Swisher (His entire career).

It's not too difficult to see.

whitesoxfan83
07-11-2008, 08:11 PM
JD is absolutely right.

Bonds numbers, including his 170+ OPS LAST YEAR (When people said he wasn't good) is far better than anything Thome has had (Since 2002), Konerko (His entire career), and Swisher (His entire career).

It's not too difficult to see.

but he hasnt played in 10 months and is 44. you cant just assume he'll go back to his great numbers atleast with thome konerko and swisher we get what we get. for all we know bonds could be worse, hes old and hes been out awhile.

and again thats not even considering the media mess, chemistry problems, and mangerial issues this would create.

bad idea all around

coconut
07-11-2008, 08:58 PM
I wouldn't want Bonds in any form. If he helped us win....the wins would be tainted by most baseball purists.
We can do it without Bonds and have our due respect.

Tragedy
07-12-2008, 11:47 AM
but he hasnt played in 10 months and is 44. you cant just assume he'll go back to his great numbers atleast with thome konerko and swisher we get what we get. for all we know bonds could be worse, hes old and hes been out awhile.
That's just so silly it's not even funny. You think because the last time Barry Bonds played baseball was September 2007 that we shouldn't assume that he still can't do what he's been doing for over 20 years? Of course he can do it. The guy is a workout hound and always keeps himself in amazing shape. To believe that because he's gained ONE year on his age and less than a year since he last played a major league game is reason to believe he might not be good is just foolish on anyones part.

And anyways, even if by the off chance Bonds doesn't hit well, he's not going to cost any team much money.

and again thats not even considering the media mess, chemistry problems, and mangerial issues this would create.
1) Explain what chemistry problems arise from Bonds. All I ever hear is "Oh, he'd bring so many chemistry issues to my team!" So, explain that please.

2) Explain what managerial issues he'd bring. That's a new one.

Rizzorj
07-12-2008, 12:09 PM
There is absolutely zero chance of Bonds playing with the Sox.

whitesoxfan83
07-12-2008, 12:12 PM
That's just so silly it's not even funny. You think because the last time Barry Bonds played baseball was September 2007 that we shouldn't assume that he still can't do what he's been doing for over 20 years? Of course he can do it. The guy is a workout hound and always keeps himself in amazing shape. To believe that because he's gained ONE year on his age and less than a year since he last played a major league game is reason to believe he might not be good is just foolish on anyones part.

And anyways, even if by the off chance Bonds doesn't hit well, he's not going to cost any team much money.

1) Explain what chemistry problems arise from Bonds. All I ever hear is "Oh, he'd bring so many chemistry issues to my team!" So, explain that please.

2) Explain what managerial issues he'd bring. That's a new one.

ok first off its silly to think that a 44 year old who hasnt played since september, who looked worn and brokendown then is just going to spring from the ashes like a phoenix in july and go back to barry form right away.

this also doesnt consider how much money barry wants, no one knows for sure, you can assume he'd take the minimum but u have no idea.

again there is no circumstance in which putting bonds on the team makes anysense whatsoever.

as for the chemistry issues:

first off barrys an ***, everyone knows it. he has an all time ****ing ego, he is the complete opposite of about everyone on the team.

i know for a fact him and aj wouldnt get a long because they didnt in SF. plus u arent even considering the media storm this causes, there would be 10X the amount of media in the clubhouse asking every player about barry and whats barry doing today and blah blah blah. that in it self is a huge distraction.

not to mention the fact, HES A CHEAT! spin it whatever way u want hes a ****ing cheat.

do u really think that barrys attitude combined with guillens coaching style would match up. you think guillens gonna take that crap where barry doesnt play day games, or barry doesnt want to travel with the team. theres all sorts of stuff that would get to ozzie and rightfully so.

there is no reason this ever would or should happen. i hope ortiz is out for the season and ur red sox sign him, then i guess we'll figure it out. ill leave u with this tho since this entire arugment is pointless

ARLINGTON -- Every day it seems a new team is rumored to be interested in Barry Bonds. According to manager Ozzie Guillen, the White Sox will not be among them any time soon.

Even if a current Chicago slugger were to go down for an extended period, Guillen didn't mince words on the possibility of Bonds wearing a White Sox uniform.

"Barry can't play for my team," Guillen said.

Acknowledging that signing Bonds would ultimately be up to general manager Ken Williams -- and stating he has a great amount of respect for Bonds -- Guillen left no doubt as to what his answer would be if Williams asked.

"With all my respect -- to me he's one of the best players to ever play in the Major Leagues -- but I don't want a player like Barry around my team."

However, Guillen said there's a good fit out there somewhere for Bonds, and he would like to see a club pick him up -- just not his club.

"I think people should give him a shot, but he can't play for the White Sox," Guillen said. "It's about chemistry, and I don't think he'd be good for our chemistry."

-mlb.com

sep11ie
07-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Why would we want Lofton anyway when he's already playing for us in Charlotte, with Owens on his jersey ?

If JErry Owens were anywhere near what Kenny Lofton is he'd be on the team right now.

SOX VICTORY
07-12-2008, 01:42 PM
If JErry Owens were anywhere near what Kenny Lofton is he'd be on the team right now.

And playing where ? We have no need or place for either of them.

temper27
07-12-2008, 07:06 PM
I voted no. Too expensive, too much risk to team chemistry to have a total nutcase on the team, too much chance even older and body clearly breaking down through the post-steroids effect that he will not be even anywhere near his level of last year.

smashmouth
07-12-2008, 07:45 PM
I voted no, just for the fact that there is no room for him with us, he cant play the outfield,seriously physicly can not play the outfield, and thome is our DH and id take thome/Konerko over Bonds any day..

Tragedy
07-12-2008, 08:33 PM
ok first off its silly to think that a 44 year old who hasnt played since september, who looked worn and brokendown then is just going to spring from the ashes like a phoenix in july and go back to barry form right away.
Who said he'd go to Barry form RIGHT away? Even if he was signed and began hitting poorly, his OBP would still be off the charts.

.And he looked "worn" and "broken down"? His OBP was nearly .500. Yes, .500. Even if he comes in and hits a line of .240/12/40 for the rest of the year, that OBP is un-freaking-believable.

this also doesnt consider how much money barry wants, no one knows for sure, you can assume he'd take the minimum but u have no idea.
Barry wants to play, and that's quite clear. Considering zero teams have made him an offer, if the White Sox came in and said "We'll give you $600,000 with a ton of performance bonuses" Bonds would do it. And if he didn't do it? He'd eventually accept it, because there is not a single taker for him. As I said: Bonds wants to play.

again there is no circumstance in which putting bonds on the team makes anysense whatsoever.
He's unbelievable. As a person, I'm not a Barry fan. As a guy at the plate? At age 43 when you said he was "broken down", he STILL had an OPS 1.045. How many times has Konerko, Dye, or Swisher done something like that?

All those numbers do for you is help the team. To think otherwise is to think foolishly.

as for the chemistry issues:

first off barrys an ***, everyone knows it. he has an all time ****ing ego, he is the complete opposite of about everyone on the team.
And I'd gladly appreciate at least one or two articles where a former teammate of his outside of Jeff Kent (Who is an ******* himself) said that Barry was a menace in the clubhouse.

plus u arent even considering the media storm this causes, there would be 10X the amount of media in the clubhouse asking every player about barry and whats barry doing today and blah blah blah. that in it self is a huge distraction.
And if the players are men, they'd handle it the same exact way all the Giants players handled it. You make very little statements, give very few good soundbites, and that will simply drive the media away from you and back on to Barry (Who handles the media).

The "media distraction" thing that people like to use in the Barry case is so overblown it's not even funny.

not to mention the fact, HES A CHEAT! spin it whatever way u want hes a ****ing cheat.
Can you prove me this? I'm not saying he DIDN'T cheat, but can you prove me this? This is nothing but speculation.

do u really think that barrys attitude combined with guillens coaching style would match up. you think guillens gonna take that crap where barry doesnt play day games, or barry doesnt want to travel with the team. theres all sorts of stuff that would get to ozzie and rightfully so.
:laugh:

Barry Bonds was given a lighter schedule last year due to his age. Playing LF takes a toll on the body of a 43 year old. He'd be DHing, and he would clearly be able to handle the duties every day. You're absolutely making up all this "Barry doesn't want to travel with the team" garbage.

You're basically basing your entire argument on pure crap. Lets summarize:

1) He's a clubhouse distraction, which you've never been in the clubhouse, so you have absolutely no idea.

2) The media would ruin the White Sox club house - Considering, again, you've never been in the clubhouse, you're not exactly sure that this would do ANYTHING to the team. Having a player of Barry's caliber would likely only be a good thing for the rest of the White Sox team.

3) He's not going to be good - He's not going to be good, yet, even when you said he was "broken down" last year, he had some off the charts numbers that Dye/Konerko/Swisher have never (And possibly will never) have. Come on now.

4) He's a cheater - That's funny, because, he's never been proven guilty of anything. As far as I know, in America, you're innocent until proven guilty.

whitesoxfan83
07-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Who said he'd go to Barry form RIGHT away? Even if he was signed and began hitting poorly, his OBP would still be off the charts.

.And he looked "worn" and "broken down"? His OBP was nearly .500. Yes, .500. Even if he comes in and hits a line of .240/12/40 for the rest of the year, that OBP is un-freaking-believable.

Barry wants to play, and that's quite clear. Considering zero teams have made him an offer, if the White Sox came in and said "We'll give you $600,000 with a ton of performance bonuses" Bonds would do it. And if he didn't do it? He'd eventually accept it, because there is not a single taker for him. As I said: Bonds wants to play.

He's unbelievable. As a person, I'm not a Barry fan. As a guy at the plate? At age 43 when you said he was "broken down", he STILL had an OPS 1.045. How many times has Konerko, Dye, or Swisher done something like that?

All those numbers do for you is help the team. To think otherwise is to think foolishly.

And I'd gladly appreciate at least one or two articles where a former teammate of his outside of Jeff Kent (Who is an ******* himself) said that Barry was a menace in the clubhouse.

And if the players are men, they'd handle it the same exact way all the Giants players handled it. You make very little statements, give very few good soundbites, and that will simply drive the media away from you and back on to Barry (Who handles the media).

The "media distraction" thing that people like to use in the Barry case is so overblown it's not even funny.

Can you prove me this? I'm not saying he DIDN'T cheat, but can you prove me this? This is nothing but speculation.

:laugh:

Barry Bonds was given a lighter schedule last year due to his age. Playing LF takes a toll on the body of a 43 year old. He'd be DHing, and he would clearly be able to handle the duties every day. You're absolutely making up all this "Barry doesn't want to travel with the team" garbage.

You're basically basing your entire argument on pure crap. Lets summarize:

1) He's a clubhouse distraction, which you've never been in the clubhouse, so you have absolutely no idea.

2) The media would ruin the White Sox club house - Considering, again, you've never been in the clubhouse, you're not exactly sure that this would do ANYTHING to the team. Having a player of Barry's caliber would likely only be a good thing for the rest of the White Sox team.

3) He's not going to be good - He's not going to be good, yet, even when you said he was "broken down" last year, he had some off the charts numbers that Dye/Konerko/Swisher have never (And possibly will never) have. Come on now.

4) He's a cheater - That's funny, because, he's never been proven guilty of anything. As far as I know, in America, you're innocent until proven guilty.

your arguing for one of the worst ****s to ever play baseball. screw bonds he has no place here ozzie and kenny have already said it.

u have no idea what he'd be like when he got back
u have no idea what moeny he'd ask for.

just as i have no idea if he'd be a clubhouse distraction or not.

the bottom line is were never going to find out and we never should, he isnt going to be playing. again i hope he plays for boston and then we'll see. the guys a ****ing cheat and doesnt deserve to be playing. period. end of story.

smashmouth
07-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Ozzie said it best, "A team should pick him up, but it absolutley will not be my team"

Tragedy
07-12-2008, 08:52 PM
your arguing for one of the worst ****s to ever play baseball. screw bonds he has no place here ozzie and kenny have already said it.
As I've ALREADY said, I don't personally like Barry Bonds. What he adds to any teams offense, though, is undeniable. That you're down playing that, as I said, is foolish. You're debating for nothing.

u have no idea what he'd be like when he got back
I can go back to his most recent playing time, which was 2007. As I said, an OBP of nearly .500 and an OPS of over 1.000. Yeah, I can take a wild guess as to how he'd do.

u have no idea what moeny he'd ask for.
So, rather than put up any type of argument with me, you'd rather have me be a broken record? Okay, here goes:

Bonds wants to play this year. Zero teams have offered him a contract. Again: Barry wants to play THIS season. If he wants to play this season, which as I just said twice he does, he's clearly going to take the contract offered to him. It would VERY likely be low salary and boosted with many incentives. How hard would that be to understand/figure out?

just as i have no idea if he'd be a clubhouse distraction or not.
The difference?

I'm using logic; He wants to play badly, he'll take a smaller contract.
You're thinking with hatred; You don't like Barry, so you believe he'll be a problem in just about every way possible.

the bottom line is were never going to find out and we never should, he isnt going to be playing.
And I agree that he won't be playing, but as long as you run out the silly "debate" you're running out, I'll continue arguing it.

again i hope he plays for boston and then we'll see. the guys a ****ing cheat and doesnt deserve to be playing. period. end of story.
And you've already said you hope he plays for Boston. Sadly for you, I'm not going to fall into your baiting.:rolleyes:

Telios9
07-12-2008, 09:39 PM
he would never go to the soxs theirs no room