View Full Version : Lakers have made offer to Garbo

the life
07-11-2008, 11:22 AM
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

La marca (in Spanish)

Spurs are interested as well.

AgentViet
07-11-2008, 11:24 AM
As much as I liked his hustle, I'm glad that he's gone.

North Yorker
07-11-2008, 11:26 AM
I liked him for his defense and versatility, but I hope he doesn't sign with them

Countdown
07-11-2008, 11:28 AM
We should have dealt him to the Lakers for Sun Yue, or Tervor Ariza. I would perfer Sun Yue.

Or deal him to the Spurs for Finley.

any thoughts?

the life
07-11-2008, 11:40 AM
I agree we should have traded him.
But I believed we needed some cap space. I don't know if buying him out helped raptors with the cap problem.

blujaysrock
07-11-2008, 11:42 AM
glad he's gone he didn't do much for us sadly :(

Cortez
07-11-2008, 12:03 PM
should have traded him for cash

Goon.Weezy
07-11-2008, 12:14 PM
lakers trying to get him cuz Turiaf is gone to GS

bartlett2266
07-11-2008, 12:17 PM
take him

Ragun
07-11-2008, 12:47 PM
i dont think he will leave

argo
07-11-2008, 12:50 PM
he was slow before the injury. smart player though.

Tom Stone
07-11-2008, 01:02 PM
He's a player only intelligent people can appreciate....when he played small forward....he really helped our center and power forward with defence and his offence was sound....when we played him at power or center...i don't think it bowed well for our defence...even though he can play those spots.....with that said...I was a garbo fan...but I like the direction were going......Peace

Bob_at_york
07-11-2008, 01:57 PM
When they bought him out, they said that he wouldn't be able to pass an NBA physical. If that was a lie then the buy-out looks even worse in my mind.

B2B
07-11-2008, 02:06 PM
When they bought him out, they said that he wouldn't be able to pass an NBA physical. If that was a lie then the buy-out looks even worse in my mind.

We got ****ed. Thats 4 mil we could've used in a trade or free agent signing insted of being stuck at luxury tax level.

pacman16
07-11-2008, 02:07 PM
gld to see grarbage man go.. i hated him

_Sn1P3r_
07-11-2008, 05:02 PM
A replacement for Turiaf if he leaves. They are pretty much like the same player. Hustles, has heart except Garbo has a farther range and Turiaf dunks.

Bob_at_york
07-11-2008, 05:05 PM
A replacement for Turiaf if he leaves. They are pretty much like the same player. Hustles, has heart except Garbo has a farther range and Turiaf dunks.

ronny is more athletic, shot blocking too

The Wise 1
07-11-2008, 09:25 PM
I never brought this up because I figured he was going to Europe, but now that he might go to the Lakers who here thinks he deserves to get booed when he comes back to Toronto? IMO i think he does, he didnt listen to management, put himself before the team last year for the Euro Cup and then did the same this offseason. I'm assuming the reason for the buyout was because he wanted to play in the Olympics.

Raptors27
07-11-2008, 10:32 PM
If he can actually pass a physical I ill be mad! We could have traded this guy and got something in return i.e. trade him to the Lakers for a great role player and SLASHER who brings energy and can play d and grab some boardsm Trevor Ariza.

Bird
07-12-2008, 04:11 PM
glad he's gone he didn't do much for us sadly :(

What?? I am starting to wonder if some of you guys know what is good for the Raptors. When Garbo wasn't injured he helped out team in a huge way. Chirs Bosh was even quoted as saying they missed him during the playoffs vs the magic. They miss how tough he is... Our team needs more guys who will do the little things... so saying something like "he didn't do much for us" or "I never liked him" makes me wonder some people know what is best for our team. You think teams like the Spurs, who have been in contention for a title for the past 10 years, don't need their role players that work hard? Bruce Bowen for instance... no one really likes Bowen, but he does so much for the team. Or even someone like Kurt Thomas, I didn't love the guy, but he works hard every game he plays in now. Garbo worked his *** off every game... and he was smart with the basketball... what is there not to like about him?

As for him being a liability and letting him go, that makes sense... it's sad to see him go, but he made the choice to put the olympics ahead of the Raptors and it cost him and us. I understand the want to play for your country... It's too bad to see him go, but apparently he is happy now (check out the Jose Calderon clip on www.raptors.com )

Halladay
07-12-2008, 07:24 PM
He's a player only intelligent people can appreciate....when he played small forward....he really helped our center and power forward with defence and his offence was sound....when we played him at power or center...i don't think it bowed well for our defence...even though he can play those spots.....with that said...I was a garbo fan...but I like the direction were going......Peace

:rolleyes:

deaner
07-12-2008, 09:28 PM
If he can actually pass a physical I ill be mad! We could have traded this guy and got something in return i.e. trade him to the Lakers for a great role player and SLASHER who brings energy and can play d and grab some boardsm Trevor Ariza.

Who knows... it may have been Jose's wish that Garbo be cut so he could play for spain and get a fresh start. If it meant BC showing his compassionate side to players league wide then I trust it was a good investment. Whatever the particulars were... I wish him health and wellness. He snapped his leg playing hard for us. It's better that he's away from the team now... I could see the players shy away from going hard after the ball for a while after that gruesome visual. He recouped 2 years with the team and was a daily reminder of how quick an injury can occur. I've always wondered if a chance of injury such as that stops Moon from driving to the net. I hope JM put on his 10 - 15 pounds this summer.

ramz.n
07-12-2008, 09:38 PM
I never brought this up because I figured he was going to Europe, but now that he might go to the Lakers who here thinks he deserves to get booed when he comes back to Toronto? IMO i think he does, he didnt listen to management, put himself before the team last year for the Euro Cup and then did the same this offseason. I'm assuming the reason for the buyout was because he wanted to play in the Olympics.

you can't be mad at him for wanting to represent his country...but i am pissed that we had to buy him out, instead of trading for anything

The Wise 1
07-13-2008, 12:21 AM
you can't be mad at him for wanting to represent his country...but i am pissed that we had to buy him out, instead of trading for anything

Yes I can. It's one thing if your healthy and want to represent your country, but it's another thing when your told not to play but still do. And it's another thing when you do it two years in a row. Bottom line is that 96.321% of people would of done the opposite of what Garbo did.

And yeah I did the math on that one :cool: