PDA

View Full Version : The Official J.O. Thread

The Claw
07-11-2008, 10:09 AM
After all that talk, it was finally official !!!

Anyway, as people were saying the raptors got the guy when healthy will provide the rebounding, inside presence, intimidating inside defense and definitely Toughness this team were lacking in the past 2 years.

Speaking about toughness...

Let me give you this quote from the toronto star when J.O. was questioned about the brawl.

Here’s what he said (and I quote)

"My situation was, I saw a teammate who was having some problems with the fans, a fan was literally on top of him. And at that particular time it wasn’t about basketball, it wasn’t about anything, it was people that were really, really trying to hurt us.

"Now, we’ve got 12, 13 players there. Obviously Detroit has the biggest arena in the NBA and there was like 14,000 people still there. And it was extremely … it was chaos. People were picking up chairs and throwing them.

"At that point, you really don’t have a chance to really evaluate a particular situation, you have to make the best decision for yourself and your teammates. I made my decision, I went to court, won the court case against the NBA, won the civil, won the criminal. I didn’t lose a case. My view was the view of every juror and the proof is in the pudding.

"Being put in that position, if I had to do it all again, and if a teammate was having that … I mean, people have lives. I think that’s something that gets overlooked. I think fans and the general public think because we get paid a certain amount of money we’re not really human, but we go home to our families, we go home to our wives, girlfriends, brothers and sisters and if somebody is killed – and somebody could have got killed in that particular situation, there was no security whatsoever to help us – how do you explain to your teammates family that you could have did something to prevent that person dying.

"I’m hoping that nothing like that ever happens again and I’m damn sure hoping that nothing like that happens with any team I’m on, but if put in that position to protect my teammate, I would definitely do that again to help my teammate.”

(unquote)

The last statement was very telling that this guy will do anything to protect and defend a teammate, I hope this time opposing teams will have a different perspective about the raptors.

TOUGHNESS and no more SOFTIES !!!

_Sn1P3r_
07-11-2008, 05:04 PM
You guys think JO will be able to stay healthy?

Ragun
07-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Yes I think he will be much healthier. BC isnt stupid to make that trade then.

Raptors27
07-11-2008, 10:45 PM
I say he play minimum of 70 games. I think he will play 35 mpg with a stat line of 17 ppg, 9 rpg, 2 apg, 2.5 bpg and 1 spg.

Goon.Weezy
07-11-2008, 11:05 PM
I say he play minimum of 70 games. I think he will play 35 mpg with a stat line of 17 ppg, 9 rpg, 2 apg, 2.5 bpg and 1 spg.

Agreed :D

AFlagRules
07-12-2008, 12:36 AM
The only way i don't see him staying healthy is if he falls on someone's leg or injures it by landing wrong. Playing on it shouldn't affect him he and the Raps believe so i think he should ok.

BUT DAMN, AM I HAPPY TO HAVE HIM HERE?!?!?!?!

He sounded so hyped to be here in the Press Conference, that as a Raptor fan, i'm so thrilled to see games 1 to 82, as usual, but with more excitement this time.

Ragun
07-12-2008, 01:44 AM
a great one on one interview with J.O.:
http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?content=video&url=http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/teams/raptors/1on1jermaine_wm9_512_download_ntsc_constrainedvbr. asx&video=blank&nbasite=raptors

Ragun
07-12-2008, 01:47 AM
Warning: Devlin Yells Like A ***** Right Before Commercial Breaks Lol!

The Claw
07-12-2008, 02:18 AM
Damn, Ragun you beat me to it, I was about to post a copy of the interview.(you beat me by 30 days in joining this forum too, :)

I just saw it and it was pretty exciting hearing from J.O. his goals for the team.

If his knees can just follow his mouth, the east better watch out !!!

This guy is so articulate and matt devlin as well. Both of these guys can be a dream independent ticket to compete against obama and his vp.

I am so excited that I already flipped the pages of the calendar to Oct.31

_Sn1P3r_
07-12-2008, 11:45 AM
The only way i don't see him staying healthy is if he falls on someone's leg or injures it by landing wrong. Playing on it shouldn't affect him he and the Raps believe so i think he should ok.

BUT DAMN, AM I HAPPY TO HAVE HIM HERE?!?!?!?!

He sounded so hyped to be here in the Press Conference, that as a Raptor fan, i'm so thrilled to see games 1 to 82, as usual, but with more excitement this time.

Same here. 08-09 season, here we come. I swear I'll probably get goosebumps when they say the starting line-ups for our first home game.

blujaysrock
07-13-2008, 04:20 PM
You guys think JO will be able to stay healthy?

i think that he will play at least 70 games this season probably more