PDA

View Full Version : Heat Rumors: Early Edition

daleja424
07-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Banks for Tinsley?

Although the Pacers are looking to dump point guard Jamaal Tinsley, the only Heat interest would come after a buyout from the Pacers, or if Indiana would be willing to take on Marcus Banks' contract in return.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-flspheatnote11sbjul11,0,3108236.story

No Kwame in Miami?

The Heat has not been among the teams to work out free-agent center Kwame Brown, with Riley saying, "I think he might be out of our [cap-space] range." ...
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-flspheatnote11sbjul11,0,3108236.story

Joel Anthony Starting Center?

Even before Joel Anthony scored a team-high 22 points Wednesday for the Canadian national team against Dirk Nowitzki and the German national team, Heat President Pat Riley said the team had decided to guarantee Anthony's contract. The Heat had until July 25 to decide whether to pay Anthony $711,517 for 2008-09 or allow him to become a free agent. He was signed last summer as an undrafted free agent. Anthony and the Canadian team open Olympic qualifying Monday in Greece, with that event running through July 20. ...

Ellis S/Ted to Miami?

There are other situations still brewing. The most notable involves another Warriors guard, Monta Ellis, who is a restricted free agent and, according to multiple sources, has a desire to play in D'Antoni's system. A person with knowledge of the situation said a sign-and-trade is a long shot, however, because a third team would have to be involved to make the deal work for both sides. The Miami Heat and Cleveland Cavaliers are in hot pursuit, just in case Warriors executive Chris Mullin decides to trade Ellis.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/ny-spknix115760064jul11,0,3098709.story

Biedrins linked to Miami for Marion?

Andris Biedrins, a restricted free agent with the Warriors, is also expected to draw interest, as are possible trades for the Miami Heat's Shawn Marion and the New York Knicks' Zach Randolph
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-clippers11-2008jul11,0,616194.story

Reddick to Miami for J-Will?

The Orlando Magic will be trading JJ Redick, the question becomes what do they get for him? The Magic have had some introductory talks with Miami free agent Jason Williams, an Orlando resident who for weeks has been saying he'd love to play in Orlando, despite getting interest from Sacramento and a few other teams. Jason is still sold on Orlando, according to those near him. The HEAT hold Jason's rights, so they could sign and trade him and there has been talk that Miami likes JJ Redick. At the trade deadline informed sources said repeatedly that Magic GM Otis Smith was trying to pry away Udonis Haslem from the HEAT who wanted JJ Redick and others in any deal discussion, a move Otis ultimately passed on. With Otis now conceding that he has too many two-guards and not enough point guards, do not be surprised to see JJ Redick dealt for a veteran point guard, and it might be for Jason Williams.
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9434

Zo Requires more surgey

ORLANDO - Although Alonzo Mourning still hopes to return from last season's serious knee injury, the Heat center required an additional procedure recently amid his comeback bid.Three sources familiar with Mourning's rehabilitation confirmed the procedure but said the center still could be able to make it back to the court by midseason. Mourning ruptured the patella tendon in his right knee and also tore the quadriceps tendon in that leg in a Dec. 19 game in Atlanta. After spending a month in a hard cast and another month in a brace, Mourning was told the injury would require at least six additional months of rehabilitation.
While the 38-year-old shot-blocker has mentioned in recent days that his comeback would not commence until December, if not later, he has not mentioned the additional work on the knee. Because of the uncertainty over the timing of his return, it is becoming more likely that Mourning will not be signed before the beginning of training camp.

kntresistheheat
07-11-2008, 10:26 AM
WOW! I tell you what, If Ellis is willing to be a past first pg and a good decision maker which I think he will with along his side....He can be that slasher player that wade was looking for and wade said someone that can creat his own shot! If we can biedrins to that would be a plus!

Marion/Banks/cook

for

Ellis/Biedrins

twissst89
07-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Joel Anthony Starting Center?

Thats wut i been saying all along. If we cant get sum 1 do put down their for Marion, just let Anthony develp this year.

greek miami hea
07-11-2008, 10:36 AM
u knw....joel might develop very well with some minues!!!!if there is a chance we get monta ellis....lets do it right now!pat!!!!are u listening to me????do what u have o do toget monta ellis!!!!!!oh!!!!i hope we get hin.wade chalmers ellis cook(i want morrow as well)!!!!!!!!!fantastic backcourt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

kntresistheheat
07-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Hey daleja, I put those links in the nba forum about Ellis and Biedrins. I want to see what those haters are going to say...Last night I was argueing with someone because he said that the heat are done this season and we cant get no more big names and no one would take marion!

twissst89
07-11-2008, 10:51 AM
The number 1 player we shud try to get is Josh Smith. I dont care wut we have to pay him but Marion for Smith and Speedy Claxtons contract i wud do in a heart beat. I really dont see Marion Beasley combo working at all next season. Even tho we look a lot better on paper i think wel struggle. Josh Smith is the difference. With Smith i no doubt about it know we wud contend next year. Even with the uncertainty of Beasley,Chalmmers and no center. A Smith Beasley combo cudnt be stopped. Its helps out Beasley at the defensive end and the offensive end. Its important to surround Beasley with players that fit him his 1st season or he mite lose confidence. Ellis is my second option.

greek miami hea
07-11-2008, 10:57 AM
I Prefer Monta Ellis Over Josh Smith!!!!!can Youimaginethe Backcourt...ellis,wade,chalmers,cook,jones,(morrow ???)...!!!!!!!!!!!!amazing!!!!and Beasley And Chalmers Are Not Uncertain!!!!they Are Solid Players ANd They Have Proved It!!!!!!!!!!!ok??????

greek miami hea
07-11-2008, 11:02 AM
Hey daleja, I put those links in the nba forum about Ellis and Biedrins. I want to see what those haters are going to say...Last night I was argueing with someone because he said that the heat are done this season and we cant get no more big names and no one would take marion!

GO AND TELL TO THAT SOMEONE TO GO AND SHUT HIS ******* MOUTH BECAUSE THE HEAT ARE GOING TO BE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WE ALL KNOW THAT,DONT WE????YES,WE DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mavwar53
07-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Beidrins and ellis for marion banks and cook. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha, you got to be out of your mink if you think the warriors would even talk to the heat if they proposed that deal it is a F**king joke.

BALLER71
07-11-2008, 11:04 AM
I like the idea of Joel Anthony starting, he played well at the ending of last season and he's been good in summerleague.
He brings intensity and great defense.
:clap:

kntresistheheat
07-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Hey, why dont you pay attention! It never says on there marion for both it just has them linked to us because of the need of a center and a pg....Only the heat fans are which I am guilty would love to have them both. But we know that GS wont give up both! We have other options homie Josh Smith is his name!!!!

Beidrins and ellis for marion banks and cook. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha, you got to be out of your mink if you think the warriors would even talk to the heat if they proposed that deal it is a F**king joke.

noturnormalhero
07-11-2008, 11:41 AM
ok so if we trade for Reddick then sup with Cook? Or is Reddick going to be the bench warmer in place of cook this year? With a healthy Wade, how much playing time will Cook really get? Say he does get time..where would Reddick end up? We just signed Jones to be another perimeter shooter, now ANOTHER one? Not sure about that and i'd love to see what they'd offer for Haslem. Jwill/Haslem for Reddick/1st rounder? dunno. not 100% on that. Jwill for Reddick i could see but again, where does he fit in the system.

Tinsley is a reach and i'm not too sure about that dude. i rather take my chances with Chalmers to be honest. we've had bad luck with PG's from the Pacers..travis best anyone?

the warriors and knicks trading? cant see the Warriors giving up Ellis for the likes of Zach and his contract that i think ends after the 2010/2011 season. They do need a PF though so who knows. A 3rd team in there? Seems odd yet possible and i doubt it'll be an even swap of Ellis and Randolph. If they want Ellis that bad i could see them giving away Marbury AND lee instead. because if Ellis leaves, who's the PG? C.J. Watson? lol

Wade_County
07-11-2008, 11:49 AM
The number 1 player we shud try to get is Josh Smith. I dont care wut we have to pay him but Marion for Smith and Speedy Claxtons contract i wud do in a heart beat. A Smith Beasley combo cudnt be stopped. Its helps out Beasley at the defensive end and the offensive end. Its important to surround Beasley with players that fit him his 1st season or he mite lose confidence. Ellis is my second option.

Ive been saying this for awhile, Im glad others agree.....Get Josh Smith, you can play him and beasley at almost at position. And you talk about young talent and not to mention smith can play defense.

Wade/SMith/Beasley....were do i sign...lol.....and they can still move haslem for some C help.....

marlinsfan24
07-11-2008, 11:56 AM
do the Monte trade and then the trade for JJ, and let Alexzander become our center.
lineup of
Ellis/Chalmers/Banks
Wade/Reddick/Cook
Beasley/Wright
Haslem/Blount
Anthony/Zo/Blount

King Koopa
07-11-2008, 12:11 PM
do the Monte trade and then the trade for JJ, and let Alexzander become our center.
lineup of
Ellis/Chalmers/Banks
Wade/Reddick/Cook
Beasley/Wright
Haslem/Blount
Alexzander/Zo/Blount

Whos that????? we dont have a Alexzander. And Reddick and be someone to replace cook until he comes back to Full Strength.

marlinsfan24
07-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Whos that????? we dont have a Alexzander. And Reddick and be someone to replace cook until he comes back to Full Strengh.

sorry, i meant anthony but i put alexzander for some reason....but yeah, were one good move away from being amazing

King Koopa
07-11-2008, 12:16 PM
The number 1 player we shud try to get is Josh Smith. I dont care wut we have to pay him but Marion for Smith and Speedy Claxtons contract i wud do in a heart beat. I really dont see Marion Beasley combo working at all next season. Even tho we look a lot better on paper i think wel struggle. Josh Smith is the difference. With Smith i no doubt about it know we wud contend next year. Even with the uncertainty of Beasley,Chalmmers and no center. A Smith Beasley combo cudnt be stopped. Its helps out Beasley at the defensive end and the offensive end. Its important to surround Beasley with players that fit him his 1st season or he mite lose confidence. Ellis is my second option.

I much rather get Center or Point guard help because besides the fact that, we just sign Jones to be are Back up SF, We have a Good Replacement in Wright and besides arent you the one always saying that, Wright can be a all star. So why not give him the Starting Role, i think hes Ready. And instill of getting smith in a spot were we have good players lets get it were we dont have good players, like at the Center Spot or PG.

noturnormalhero
07-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Whos that????? we dont have a Alexzander. And Reddick and be someone to replace cook until he comes back to Full Strength.

think he meant to say anthony.

Jonathan2323
07-11-2008, 02:25 PM
I would like to get Reddick from the Orlando we can never have enough three point shooters.

danbola
07-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Reddick wont get much playing time with our current roster.

Jonathan2323
07-11-2008, 02:55 PM
he would if we trade Marion or Haslem

noturnormalhero
07-11-2008, 03:18 PM
he would if we trade Marion or Haslem

Is this about Reddick ? Makes no sense if it is. Reddick is a SG. We have cook there..so unless Cook yet again is going to be a "developing" player, how often is Reddick gonna play? Marion is a SF and if he left we have Wright/Jones to replace him. And haslem is a PF so yeah. kinda lost me on that

greek miami hea
07-12-2008, 09:36 AM
joel anthony.great blocker and defender.he can score some points,grab some rebounds.isnt these things that we want from our center?now,we should sign morrow.we musnt move haslem or marion(especially haslem).josh smith would destroy our 2010 cap salary and we wont get a big f.a name(hopefully bosh).so,the roster we have now is fine!boston,here we come. pg chalmers>rondo sg wade>allen pierce=marion pf beasley=< garnett c anthony>perkins.heat 4 life

fins08
07-12-2008, 11:20 AM
u knw....joel might develop very well with some minues!!!!if there is a chance we get monta ellis....lets do it right now!pat!!!!are u listening to me????do what u have o do toget monta ellis!!!!!!oh!!!!i hope we get hin.wade chalmers ellis cook(i want morrow as well)!!!!!!!!!fantastic backcourt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I don't think Pat is listenting to you or anyone here.

fins08
07-12-2008, 11:22 AM
I don't like Anthony as our starting center. Pat O'braynt is gone to Boston btw. Joel did nothin much for us last year. We can sign at least someone. Anthony at C sounds desperate, he isn't the next K Perkins either.

_Supreme_
07-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Another shooting guard (Redick) is the last we need.

With the position crowded like it is currently it would make no sense at all. Maybe if Riley pulls a couple of other trades first, but right now.... no.

marlinsfan24
07-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Another shooting guard (Redick) is the last we need.

With the position crowded like it is currently it would make no sense at all. Maybe if Riley pulls a couple of other trades first, but right now.... no.

Well, the Magic told him he's not going to be traded. So hes out of question now as well.

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080712/SPORTS/807120329/1002/SPORTS