PDA

View Full Version : TT is not to blame for the Favre Drama...

PackAttack09
07-11-2008, 09:47 AM
There are some TT haters out there who say "Ted Thompson treated Favre like crap and pushed him into retirement". That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. Let's read a little excerpt from Favre's retirement press conference...

"I know there's been comments and issues in the press lately about why I'm leaving, whether or not the Packers did enough, whether or not Ted and Mike tried to convince me to stay. None of those things have anything to do with me retiring, and that's from the heart."

Granted he leaves open the possibility that they didn't try to convince him, right? Let's assume thats the case... Is that your opinion of trying to push someone out? I don't think so. Do you think that Brett thought to himself "Well.... I want to come back, but only if Ted and Mike try to convince me"? Ummm no. If I was a G.M. and I had respect for my players, I would let them make their own decisions without pushing them to get what I want. If they came to me for my opinion I would give it to them, but I wouldn't bombard them with "please come back, please come back Brett" which is what some of you are chastizing Ted & Mike for not doing. You people have been on this site complain about Ted's low key approach that "isn't working" and look for every possible excuse to blame TT for all of our problems. Everyone should know that Brett didn't need Ted or Mike's approval to stay on the team, he would not have been released or traded because you can't do that to a player of his magnitude or recent statistical output. What should be happening is people should be upset with Brett for not being able to make up his mind about what he wants to do and consistantly putting the team in tough spots every single offseason. But you know that won't happen because sadly their are people out their who think Brett Favre can do no wrong.

hawkeye
07-11-2008, 10:41 AM
There are some TT haters out there who say "Ted Thompson treated Favre like crap and pushed him into retirement". That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. Let's read a little excerpt from Favre's retirement press conference...

"I know there's been comments and issues in the press lately about why I'm leaving, whether or not the Packers did enough, whether or not Ted and Mike tried to convince me to stay. None of those things have anything to do with me retiring, and that's from the heart."

Granted he leaves open the possibility that they didn't try to convince him, right? Let's assume thats the case... Is that your opinion of trying to push someone out? I don't think so. Do you think that Brett thought to himself "Well.... I want to come back, but only if Ted and Mike try to convince me"? Ummm no. If I was a G.M. and I had respect for my players, I would let them make their own decisions without pushing them to get what I want. If they came to me for my opinion I would give it to them, but I wouldn't bombard them with "please come back, please come back Brett" which is what some of you are chastizing Ted & Mike for not doing. You people have been on this site complain about Ted's low key approach that "isn't working" and look for every possible excuse to blame TT for all of our problems. Everyone should know that Brett didn't need Ted or Mike's approval to stay on the team, he would not have been released or traded because you can't do that to a player of his magnitude or recent statistical output. What should be happening is people should be upset with Brett for not being able to make up his mind about what he wants to do and consistantly putting the team in tough spots every single offseason. But you know that won't happen because sadly their are people out their who think Brett Favre can do no wrong.

First off, you have been kissing Ted's butt since the first day you came on here. So your little quotes and constant jabs at Favre aren't too surprising. For 3 years, TT has done very little to help the offense out. He got damn lucky with the Grant pick-up, and did draft Jennings and Jones, but beyond that his drafts have sucked more than Madonna at the NBA All Star game. Free agency is a time that Ted crawls under his rock every year, so there will never be much help there as long as TT is calling the shots. Atleast he brought Woodson in by over paying.

#4 is who made that team of a year ago 13-3. with Rodgers, GB would have ben lucky to win 8 games. Favre gives us the best chance at winning NOW. Everyone else in the business seems to know this. Ofcourse with Ted Thompson, it's all about building for the future with reach picks. That fat one-armed kid from Tennesee at #16 was a waste of a pick. Now, I'm sure you are among the less than 1 % that thinks number one picks should be allowed 3 years to develop. This isn't a developemental league. This is a win NOW league. The Godawful Bears welcome back Grossman, yet TT feels the need to move on without Brett. Why? Ego, that's why. Favre has done more for the Packers and community than any other Packer in the history of the franchise.

Poor Aaron Rodgers - collecting millions to do nothing. He needs to shut the hell up and stop running his mouth about fans getting on board the A-Rod train. He is nothing more than another wasted #1 draft pick - another high pick that isn't on the field.

Murphy should fire TT NOW, bring Favre back for his remaining 2 years, hire Ron Wolf for the next 2 years before handing the reigns over to Reggie McKenzie. If Rodgers can handle that and be given the team at that point, great. If not, trade him NOW. I'm sure Brian Brohm would welcome the transition in the 2010 season.

socalpkrbkr
07-11-2008, 11:01 AM

Actually TT did go down to see Brett after the '05 season. I'm not sure if the words he used were "please come back, please come back Brett" but none the less that effort was made in the past.

PackAttack09
07-11-2008, 11:10 AM
First off, you have been kissing Ted's butt since the first day you came on here. So your little quotes and constant jabs at Favre aren't too surprising. For 3 years, TT has done very little to help the offense out. He got damn lucky with the Grant pick-up, and did draft Jennings and Jones, but beyond that his drafts have sucked more than Madonna at the NBA All Star game. Free agency is a time that Ted crawls under his rock every year, so there will never be much help there as long as TT is calling the shots. Atleast he brought Woodson in by over paying.

#4 is who made that team of a year ago 13-3. with Rodgers, GB would have ben lucky to win 8 games. Favre gives us the best chance at winning NOW. Everyone else in the business seems to know this. Ofcourse with Ted Thompson, it's all about building for the future with reach picks. That fat one-armed kid from Tennesee at #16 was a waste of a pick. Now, I'm sure you are among the less than 1 % that thinks number one picks should be allowed 3 years to develop. This isn't a developemental league. This is a win NOW league. The Godawful Bears welcome back Grossman, yet TT feels the need to move on without Brett. Why? Ego, that's why. Favre has done more for the Packers and community than any other Packer in the history of the franchise.

Poor Aaron Rodgers - collecting millions to do nothing. He needs to shut the hell up and stop running his mouth about fans getting on board the A-Rod train. He is nothing more than another wasted #1 draft pick - another high pick that isn't on the field.

Murphy should fire TT NOW, bring Favre back for his remaining 2 years, hire Ron Wolf for the next 2 years before handing the reigns over to Reggie McKenzie. If Rodgers can handle that and be given the team at that point, great. If not, trade him NOW. I'm sure Brian Brohm would welcome the transition in the 2010 season.

Remember when I said that to you people Favre can do no wrong? Is it a coincidence that you people say that it was Favre that led us to a 13-3 record, but when we went 4-12 Favre was not to blame? Was it Ted's fault favre threw two rookie-like interceptions in the NFC Championship when the game was on the line? Who are you going to blame for that one twelve pack? Also, you are right about Aaron Rodgers being a bust. It's not like he went in the Dallas game and cleaned up the mess Brett Favre created or anything. Also, good job telling us how many games we would have won with Aaron Rodgers at the helm, do I need anymore proof than that to confirm that you are talking out of your butt? You have no basis, no background, nothing to go on to give you a number of wins for AR yet you seem to be such an expert you can crank out a number. We seriously need to get you a job with ESPN or something because you know stuff that nobody else does. Please Twelvepack tell me how many games will we win this year with arod starting? When will Justin Harrels arm fall off? When is our crappy ranked-2nd-in-the-league offense with lucky pick-ups in Greg Jennings James Jones Donald Lee, O-Line (rated 2nd by nfl.com) and Ryan Grant finally pull their heads out of their butts? Please tell me so I can go to Vegas and make a fortune...

Get over yourself buddy, you have already apologized before for not knowing what you're talking about.

servais77
07-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Remember when I said that to you people Favre can do no wrong? Is it a coincidence that you people say that it was Favre that led us to a 13-3 record, but when we went 4-12 Favre was not to blame? Was it Ted's fault favre threw two rookie-like interceptions in the NFC Championship when the game was on the line? Who are you going to blame for that one twelve pack? Also, you are right about Aaron Rodgers being a bust. It's not like he went in the Dallas game and cleaned up the mess Brett Favre created or anything. Also, good job telling us how many games we would have won with Aaron Rodgers at the helm, do I need anymore proof than that to confirm that you are talking out of your butt? You have no basis, no background, nothing to go on to give you a number of wins for AR yet you seem to be such an expert you can crank out a number. We seriously need to get you a job with ESPN or something because you know stuff that nobody else does. Please Twelvepack tell me how many games will we win this year with arod starting? When will Justin Harrels arm fall off? When is our crappy ranked-2nd-in-the-league offense with lucky pick-ups in Greg Jennings James Jones Donald Lee, O-Line (rated 2nd by nfl.com) and Ryan Grant finally pull their heads out of their butts? Please tell me so I can go to Vegas and make a fortune...

Get over yourself buddy, you have already apologized before for not knowing what you're talking about.

Pretty sure you are talking to Hawkeye not Twelvepack.

All Teddy has done is been given 3 years to break down a team and build it back up with a top 10 quarterback. I am curious to see what happens when he does it without the quarterback. Although I would prefer to wait one more year for that to happen.

Also one half of football against a team playing prevent defense means very little....Pretty sure AJ Feeley, Matt Schaub, Kelly Holcomb, Tommy Maddux, etc could have told you that. The only difference is those guys played multiple good GAMES not HALVES. I don't understand the man love for Teddy and ARod right now. Multiple great athletes have waffled on their retirement and nobody shuns them from returning.

If you want an opportunity to win a super bowl you welcome Favre back with open arms. If you want a chance to fight Detroit and Chicago for second place in the north you tell him to **** off.

PackAttack09
07-11-2008, 12:24 PM
HAHA ur right I'm sorry, I have said before that I think they are the same people because they usually say the same things and even talk with the same sense of I know more than you mentallity. I should have checked again to see which alias he was using.

You are right I can't judge Aaron Rodgers on his half of a football game, but i'm just showing the other side of the coin. Where as nobody has anything to judge Aaron on except for the fact that he played well in a half against prevent defense (which I guarantee you they didn't start doing in the 2nd quarter or for the rest of the game). All I'm saying is how can you say he is a bust when the last time he played he played well? There is no basis for that! At least I have 1 half against "prevent" to go on...The funny thing is that if Aaron Rodgers plays well how the crap is Hawkeye/TwelvePack going to legitimately cheer for the pack without feeling like a complete tool for the rest of his life?

hawkeye
07-11-2008, 01:17 PM
HAHA ur right I'm sorry, I have said before that I think they are the same people because they usually say the same things and even talk with the same sense of I know more than you mentallity. I should have checked again to see which alias he was using.

You are right I can't judge Aaron Rodgers on his half of a football game, but i'm just showing the other side of the coin. Where as nobody has anything to judge Aaron on except for the fact that he played well in a half against prevent defense (which I guarantee you they didn't start doing in the 2nd quarter or for the rest of the game). All I'm saying is how can you say he is a bust when the last time he played he played well? There is no basis for that! At least I have 1 half against "prevent" to go on...The funny thing is that if Aaron Rodgers plays well how the crap is Hawkeye/TwelvePack going to legitimately cheer for the pack without feeling like a complete tool for the rest of his life?

I'll root for Rodgers when it's truely his time. Injuries (particularly to the RB's)caused that 4-12 record by the way. As far as knowing more about the game of football than you, it is true. I'll stand by my experience and contacts within the game when debating you every day of the week.

Favre has earned the right to come back if he wishes. Just like you have earned the right to keep on bagging groceries.

Rtardz
07-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Pretty sure you are talking to Hawkeye not Twelvepack.

All Teddy has done is been given 3 years to break down a team and build it back up with a top 10 quarterback. I am curious to see what happens when he does it without the quarterback. Although I would prefer to wait one more year for that to happen.

Also one half of football against a team playing prevent defense means very little....Pretty sure AJ Feeley, Matt Schaub, Kelly Holcomb, Tommy Maddux, etc could have told you that. The only difference is those guys played multiple good GAMES not HALVES. I don't understand the man love for Teddy and ARod right now. Multiple great athletes have waffled on their retirement and nobody shuns them from returning.
If you want an opportunity to win a super bowl you welcome Favre back with open arms. If you want a chance to fight Detroit and Chicago for second place in the north you tell him to **** off.

yeah how about Vinnie Testeverde? everybody likes him and he is like the keith richards of football, can`t get rid of him.

beast
07-11-2008, 01:40 PM

Yes it was prevent defense but after they tried to attack a couple of times, and Rodgers hurt them for trying, which Favre that game didn't hurt them for trying so they kept attacking.

Multiple great athlete have waffled on their retirement. But multiple great athletes have also been cut or traded, for younger guys, that fit better.

hughest4
07-11-2008, 01:48 PM
I'll root for Rodgers when it's truely his time. Injuries (particularly to the RB's)caused that 4-12 record by the way. As far as knowing more about the game of football than you, it is true. I'll stand by my experience and contacts within the game when debating you every day of the week.

Favre has earned the right to come back if he wishes. Just like you have earned the right to keep on bagging groceries.

Yeah, thats for sure. I can't blame Favre for that terrible season even if he did throw a crazy amount of interceptions. The Packers had a ton of injuries and the only good target he had was DD. Other then him Favre was throwing to Antonio Chapman and handing the ball to Sam Gado

socalpkrbkr
07-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Yeah, thats for sure. I can't blame Favre for that terrible season even if he did throw a crazy amount of interceptions. The Packers had a ton of injuries and the only good target he had was DD. Other then him Favre was throwing to Antonio Chapman and handing the ball to Sam Gado

don't forget we had no TE either

beast
07-11-2008, 02:13 PM

and didn't we lose something like 8 games by 3 points or less? And Longwell had a bad year.

But I think the point was you shouldn't give Favre as much blame for what the team does when bad, as people do give him credit for when it's good.

Some people every time it's something bad blames the team, every time it's something good gives the credit to Favre.

IMO it's not Favre it's the team, yes he's part of the team, but he's clearly not better than the team.

Ryan Diesel
07-11-2008, 02:22 PM
What does one 4-12 season have to do with anything. The guy has averaged 10 wins a season for the last 16 F'n years. Was TT responsible for that?? I'm afraid not. Favre gets the credit for 3 13 win seasons and a bunch with 12 and some with 11 a couple with 10. Seems like you blame Favre for that 4-12 year, which is ridiculous. You cry about the NFC title game, we weren't even supposed to F'n be there. Going into the season we had no running game at all. DeShawn F'n Wynn. Favre adjusted and changed his entire style of play and got us off to the start we did and thankfully Grant came in and took some pressure off him. So I suppose it was Favre's fault in 05 that Javon Walker got hurt in the first game. Or that we lost 3 Pro Bowl linemen and had a bunch of stiffs standing in front of Favre all year. Favre's fault Ahman AND Najeh got hurt. Favre's fault our defense sucked balls that year too I suppose. I loved the fact he threw all them picks that year. That season was doomed from the start. He didn't just sit back like some ***** like 90% of the other QB's in this league and just dink and dunk even though your down by more than two scores. Favre was going to at least try and make something happen and it was great. All other QB's are so worried about their stats, after they throw a pick they just get all conservative even though they are down by a couple scores. Favre was going to chuck it up to a bunch of no namers and hope maybe someone can make a play other than just dying a slow painful death.

Ryan Diesel
07-11-2008, 02:33 PM
and didn't we lose something like 8 games by 3 points or less? And Longwell had a bad year.

But I think the point was you shouldn't give Favre as much blame for what the team does when bad, as people do give him credit for when it's good.

Some people every time it's something bad blames the team, every time it's something good gives the credit to Favre.

IMO it's not Favre it's the team, yes he's part of the team, but he's clearly not better than the team.

Yeah well how do you not give the son***** credit when he does some crazy stuff like the Denver game or in the Chief game? How soon people forget. His body isn't even cold yet and you guys have him buried already. Yeah he's just one part of the team, but he's a pretty important part, don't you think?? Maybe a little more important than Jarret Bush or Charlie Peprah. We are so spoiled as Packer fans it's a joke. Take a look at the teams in our division. Is that what you want for us? If I can delay being just a regular team again for another year, that's just fine by me. People act like everything was all good between the Lombardi days and when Favre took over. Well it wasn't. It was not always cool to be a Packer fan lol It was not always fun. Did you guys not have fun last year?? So we didn't win the F'n SB. Neither did 31 other teams, including the pricks that went 16-0. Did you guys not have fun last year?? For pretty much the entire last 16 years? We have witnessed some of the most amazing games in the history of the NFL over the last 16 years. We weren't a part of a single one for the 16 years before Favre. Most of you people saying he should stay retired are the same ones who have been crying it for years now. If you had your way the rest of us would have been robbed of last year. I'm over that Giants game now(I think Favre is too, and thats why he's coming back) and when you go back and think about it, it was one of the best years we've had in my life. So if you have your way and Favre goes away or plays for some other team, we might be robbed of something even more special than last year.

socalpkrbkr
07-11-2008, 02:39 PM
^ no doubt! Last year was one of my favorite.

hawkeye
07-11-2008, 03:07 PM
I should know better than to debate a Tedhead. They all have that blank stare like their hero and a thick skull that can't comprehend the greatness of #4 and that he played at a ProBowl level last year. Bottom line is that if Farve wants to play in GB, he'll play in GB. TT hasn't the nuts to waive him.

RcrkllrH2
07-11-2008, 03:21 PM
what makes everyone soooo sure that we would only have had like....8 or 9 wins (and im being generous to most comments...) last year if a-rod was our qb?

we have a very impressive defense and a very very impressive WR core....dont forget....aside from DD doing what he always does and catching a million clutch passes jennings was our primary TD scorer...and 90% of his TDs were 5 yard slants that he stretched into 6 points

i dont care who you are as a quarterback, whether youre brett favre or joey harrington anyone can throw a 10 yard slant....so who says we would have done sooo badly with rodgers? would we have gone to the nfc championship game? i dont know probably not....but we certaintly wouldnt have gone 8-8

beast
07-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Yeah well how do you not give the son***** credit when he does some crazy stuff like the Denver game or in the Chief game? How soon people forget. His body isn't even cold yet and you guys have him buried already. Yeah he's just one part of the team, but he's a pretty important part, don't you think?? Maybe a little more important than Jarret Bush or Charlie Peprah. We are so spoiled as Packer fans it's a joke. Take a look at the teams in our division. Is that what you want for us? If I can delay being just a regular team again for another year, that's just fine by me. People act like everything was all good between the Lombardi days and when Favre took over. Well it wasn't. It was not always cool to be a Packer fan lol It was not always fun. Did you guys not have fun last year?? So we didn't win the F'n SB. Neither did 31 other teams, including the pricks that went 16-0. Did you guys not have fun last year?? For pretty much the entire last 16 years? We have witnessed some of the most amazing games in the history of the NFL over the last 16 years. We weren't a part of a single one for the 16 years before Favre. Most of you people saying he should stay retired are the same ones who have been crying it for years now. If you had your way the rest of us would have been robbed of last year. I'm over that Giants game now(I think Favre is too, and thats why he's coming back) and when you go back and think about it, it was one of the best years we've had in my life. So if you have your way and Favre goes away or plays for some other team, we might be robbed of something even more special than last year.

I do him his credit. And i don't forget. But he's currently retired, so currently for good or bad we have to move on.

newdude
07-11-2008, 03:46 PM
what makes everyone soooo sure that we would only have had like....8 or 9 wins (and im being generous to most comments...) last year if a-rod was our qb?

we have a very impressive defense and a very very impressive WR core....dont forget....aside from DD doing what he always does and catching a million clutch passes jennings was our primary TD scorer...and 90% of his TDs were 5 yard slants that he stretched into 6 points

i dont care who you are as a quarterback, whether youre brett favre or joey harrington anyone can throw a 10 yard slant....so who says we would have done sooo badly with rodgers? would we have gone to the nfc championship game? i dont know probably not....but we certaintly wouldnt have gone 8-8

If anyone can throw a slant as well as Favre, there will be so many good QBS in the league. Its not as simple as it seems, u have to have the connection with the WRs, throwing velocity, and anticipation.

Oh btw, remember how Favre carried the team in the beginning of the season with a not-so great running game. Do u think Rodgers could've done that? The great start in the beginning paved the way for the good season, IMO.

RcrkllrH2
07-11-2008, 05:10 PM
If anyone can throw a slant as well as Favre, there will be so many good QBS in the league. Its not as simple as it seems, u have to have the connection with the WRs, throwing velocity, and anticipation.

Oh btw, remember how Favre carried the team in the beginning of the season with a not-so great running game. Do u think Rodgers could've done that? The great start in the beginning paved the way for the good season, IMO.

touche.....good good point

PackAttack09
07-11-2008, 06:01 PM
What does one 4-12 season have to do with anything. The guy has averaged 10 wins a season for the last 16 F'n years. Was TT responsible for that?? I'm afraid not. Favre gets the credit for 3 13 win seasons and a bunch with 12 and some with 11 a couple with 10. Seems like you blame Favre for that 4-12 year, which is ridiculous. You cry about the NFC title game, we weren't even supposed to F'n be there. Going into the season we had no running game at all. DeShawn F'n Wynn. Favre adjusted and changed his entire style of play and got us off to the start we did and thankfully Grant came in and took some pressure off him. So I suppose it was Favre's fault in 05 that Javon Walker got hurt in the first game. Or that we lost 3 Pro Bowl linemen and had a bunch of stiffs standing in front of Favre all year. Favre's fault Ahman AND Najeh got hurt. Favre's fault our defense sucked balls that year too I suppose. I loved the fact he threw all them picks that year. That season was doomed from the start. He didn't just sit back like some ***** like 90% of the other QB's in this league and just dink and dunk even though your down by more than two scores. Favre was going to at least try and make something happen and it was great. All other QB's are so worried about their stats, after they throw a pick they just get all conservative even though they are down by a couple scores. Favre was going to chuck it up to a bunch of no namers and hope maybe someone can make a play other than just dying a slow painful death.

i hate arguing with you mindless boneheads... all i was doing was pointing out that he shouldn't be the reason for the record. Hawkeye says Brett Is responsible for 13-3, but how can he then say Favre isn't responsible for 4-12. Get a brain and then come back and talk. Another know it all, who sucks at the favre-tit.

Ryan Diesel
07-11-2008, 06:03 PM
I do him his credit. And i don't forget. But he's currently retired, so currently for good or bad we have to move on.

Doesn't sound like he's very retired to me.

beast
07-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Doesn't sound like he's very retired to me.

Well more info has since come. And BTW he's still on the retirement list, until he gets off that he's retired, but yes, it does sounds like he's coming back.

SDteacher
07-11-2008, 07:13 PM
This thread gives me rage

Smithy04
07-11-2008, 07:28 PM
TT is the biggest one that doesn't want him back. I know that MM has pushed for him to come back and had many convos with Favre over the offseason already. Ever since TT has been the pack's GM, he's been pushing to go to the future, build for the future, and basically move Favre out.

TT is at most of the blame for Favre wanting to be released.

Ryan Diesel
07-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Well more info has since come. And BTW he's still on the retirement list, until he gets off that he's retired, but yes, it does sounds like he's coming back.

ha ha well duh. I think we've been trying to tell you that for awhile. It's all coming out now, our worst fears have come true. TT has almost successfully ended the Brett Favre era in Green Bay. It was his first order of business the day he got hired, and now he's got his wish. Favre just wants to play man, it really sucks we're going to tell him to take a hike. Run the risk of him going somewhere in the division. I cannot envision the Packer front office handling this entire situation any worse than they have. It's a sad sad day to be a Packer fan.

Greenngld
07-11-2008, 08:56 PM
I think everyone screwed this up, but if this story is true, it mostly falls on Brett. Sounds like TT and MM were ready and willing for the unretirement.

Another twist to Favre story?
By Journal Sentinel staff
Friday, Jul 11 2008, 05:21 PM

Jay Glazer reports on foxsports.com that Brett Favre informed Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy in late March, just weeks after his retirement announcement, that he wanted to return. According to Glazer's sources, Thompson and McCarthy told Favre they would welcome him back. They planned to fly to Mississippi and make it official later that week, but then Favre phoned the team two days before the meeting and said he had changed his mind again and was staying retired.

Glazer was the one who first reported March 4 that Favre had decided to retire.

Packersfan
07-11-2008, 09:37 PM
I think everyone screwed this up, but if this story is true, it mostly falls on Brett. Sounds like TT and MM were ready and willing for the unretirement.

Jay Glazer reports on foxsports.com that Brett Favre informed Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy in late March, just weeks after his retirement announcement, that he wanted to return. According to Glazer's sources, Thompson and McCarthy told Favre they would welcome him back. They planned to fly to Mississippi and make it official later that week, but then Favre phoned the team two days before the meeting and said he had changed his mind again and was staying retired.

HMMMMMMMMM very interesting, i just dont know how to react to this situation. i cant blame favre, hes brett favre, and i cant blame TT, look at the team he assembled.

Chrisman04
07-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Dumbest thread ever. Ted Thompson should be dragged out back and shot. He wants to be remembered as a "Ron Wolf" with his own team, from scratch. Huge ego, small d*ck. This stems from Ted not giving Brett any help. And yes after all he's done for the Pack he deserves some help if he asks for it.....especially if he's gonna pay for it( Randy Moss).

jericson
07-11-2008, 10:33 PM

Here here. Favre shouldn't be bigger than the team.

jericson
07-11-2008, 10:40 PM
I should know better than to debate a Tedhead. They all have that blank stare like their hero and a thick skull that can't comprehend the greatness of #4 and that he played at a ProBowl level last year. Bottom line is that if Farve wants to play in GB, he'll play in GB. TT hasn't the nuts to waive him.

Did old #4 stand on a podium and announce his retirement? The guy's worse than a woman. Make up your freakin mind Brett! How is Thompson supposed to plan for the upcoming season with this guy? Lately it's been worse and worse every year with this retirement BS!

Ryan Diesel
07-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Thompson had no intentions of including #4 in his plans for this upcoming season, he's been working to move on without Favre since day 1.

Soup Nazi
07-11-2008, 11:33 PM

This says all that needs to be said. This mess is on Favre. You people can go on and on about your TT conspiracy theories from now to the end of time but Favre caused this, plain and simple. This from a man who still loves Favre to death and never wanted him to retire in the first place.

SDteacher
07-11-2008, 11:43 PM
So I just got done watching multiple Favre highlights on Packers.com now I've been on "record" many of times showing my support for TT, but I have this to say to him and all of you who are coming up with all of these ridiculous arguments on his behalf, F You!!

servais77
07-12-2008, 12:40 AM
Yes it was prevent defense but after they tried to attack a couple of times, and Rodgers hurt them for trying, which Favre that game didn't hurt them for trying so they kept attacking.

Multiple great athlete have waffled on their retirement. But multiple great athletes have also been cut or traded, for younger guys, that fit better.

If Rodgers fits better than we better make the Super Bowl this year.

meandering
07-12-2008, 01:53 AM
is a DIVA! Plain and simple. just finished listening to Leroy Butler and he had alot of interesting things to say. In summation, he would trade him outright to the AFC.

It is so clear that this was staged. That there is a lot of bs from the Favre camp. He is texting TT? I dont believe he would have his personal cell phone number if its as bad as stated? There is a theoery that after Rodgers comment about "get on board or shut up" was reported by SI and Favre seen an opputunity and took it.

You know what? I believe it. Its been rumored that he has said he would like to play with the Vikings........I also believe that.

This is about ego. This is amazing. Favre hiding behind his agent, his mother, and some rum dums reporters from Mississippi.........and he has his brother Scott talking alot too!
Mark Tauscher just told Steve Homer that he DOES not have TT cell phone numbers........no texts coming from Tauscher.

This is a soap opera.
It was a soap opera when Brett says that if Aaron gets hurt........? Whoooooa? What? Forecasting injuries?

What happens if Majkowski says......I cant lose my job to injury?

Time to move on.......Brett like Joe.....to Kansas City for asmuch as they will give us.

meandering
07-12-2008, 01:57 AM
All this talk of Superbowl runs.....what has Brett done in the playoffs since 1998?

He forced a ball to Driver while Jennings, Lee, and Ryan run free......why? Because he is the gunslinger? He doesnt want to be here.....and he doesnt want to say it. He cant take the cold......he cant take being held accountable......and when someone says no to Moss.....he cant handle that. Hes a ****ing DIVA

By Brett.....see you in Canton

ps. whereever he goes wont sign R Moss either

socalpkrbkr
07-12-2008, 01:59 AM
This is a soap opera.
It was a soap opera when Brett says that if Aaron gets hurt........? Whoooooa? What? Forecasting injuries?

Brett never said that. He was asked the question something like this, if Aaron were to get hurt and the Packers called you..... I don't remember what exactly Brett said in response.

meandering
07-12-2008, 02:02 AM
the general manager in Green Bay awnsers to a committee........his primary job is to run the football team within certain monetary parameters.....and usually that includes thinking down the road. How quickly we forget the 70s and 80s huh?

Sherman is more rsponsible than most people are willing to admit to. That was the beginning of our downfall.
Oh, and brett did say if Sherman was fired - he wouldnt come back right?

Its a shame I really hope this wont affect our young squad

socalpkrbkr
07-12-2008, 02:19 AM
Its a shame I really hope this wont affect our young squad

Indeed it is a ****ed situation. This whole thing is a mess. Hopefully this is resolved one way or the other ASAP. The guys can't avoid something like this and I'm sure everyone of them is thinking about it.

Ryan Diesel
07-12-2008, 02:48 PM
So I just got done watching multiple Favre highlights on Packers.com now I've been on "record" many of times showing my support for TT, but I have this to say to him and all of you who are coming up with all of these ridiculous arguments on his behalf, F You!!

AMEN They show all these Favre highlight on ESPN lately, the most unbelievable amazing plays. And they're all from last F'n year. Most of them like six months ago. Favre is as close to a sure thing as there has ever been in the NFL. I'd rather go with that than a shouldbe couldbe any day of the week. Our team is good, damn good. But we have other issues on our team other than QB. I'd rather have to worry about those than have to at QB to that list.

gbaypack31
07-13-2008, 03:58 AM
Thompson had no intentions of including #4 in his plans for this upcoming season, he's been working to move on without Favre since day 1.

can you show me a link to that?

Urbs
07-14-2008, 12:26 PM

Couldnt agree more.. Brett put the Packers on his back and carried the whole team for atleast the first 5 or 6 games last season.. Dont you tedhead's remember that??? Remember the running game Ted gave Favre.. Yea, I know he traded for Ryan Grant, but to an extent that was total luck that he worked out the way he did because Jackson sure wasnt working out then and Wynn was very suspect.

THere is no way to argue the fact that if Brett wants another year he should get it.. We owe it too him and more importantly without Favre COULD be the start of some dark days for our franchise.. Remember the bears last HOF QB.....I think Sid Luckman, YIKES, that was like 65 years ago.. So dont be so quick to want to move on with Rodgers..

twelvePack
07-14-2008, 12:33 PM
If they don't let Favre come back, then they should leave town. Even other NFL QB's like Romo, Palmer, and Roethlisburger are saying he should be welcomed back. This is a ****ing joke.

hawkeye
07-18-2008, 09:33 AM

The ONLY thing I have been wrong about since joining this site was my prediction on last year's record. To date, I have been dead nuts on with all player evaluation. 13-3 was all Brett last year. You remember Brett Favre don't you? He was the guy that had the ProBowl season last year and lead us to the NFC Championship game.

snoman30
07-18-2008, 11:43 AM
Bringing Favre back is a great idea for what, one year? What about next year when he decides he's done for good and Brohm isn't ready yet and Rodgers is gone. It is a win now leagur i understand this, BUT I also don't want the Pack to throw away a possible bright future because Brett has an itch. He claims he is going to give it 100% but we all saw the retirement conference and he said he doesn't think he wants to go through the motions anymore. What if he comes back, goes through a couple of practices, maybe they lose a couple games, and he decides it wasn't worth it. I used love Brett as much as the next guy but this isn't good for the long haul. So you can say "Fire Ted" he only made us a playoff contender with the youngest team, or Bring back favre so our near future sucks. Over half of Favres yards came AFTER the catch last year. Jennings, Jones, Driver, Martin, Lee, and Grant HELPED make Favre great last year. Im just damn tired of this WAR between PACKER fans. It is the GREEN BAY PACKERS right? cuz for a minute there I was beginning to think it was the GREEN BAY FAVRE FANS.

Packer92
07-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Bringing Favre back is a great idea for what, one year? What about next year when he decides he's done for good and Brohm isn't ready yet and Rodgers is gone. It is a win now leagur i understand this, BUT I also don't want the Pack to throw away a possible bright future because Brett has an itch. He claims he is going to give it 100% but we all saw the retirement conference and he said he doesn't think he wants to go through the motions anymore. What if he comes back, goes through a couple of practices, maybe they lose a couple games, and he decides it wasn't worth it. I used love Brett as much as the next guy but this isn't good for the long haul. So you can say "Fire Ted" he only made us a playoff contender with the youngest team, or Bring back favre so our near future sucks. Over half of Favres yards came AFTER the catch last year. Jennings, Jones, Driver, Martin, Lee, and Grant HELPED make Favre great last year. Im just damn tired of this WAR between PACKER fans. It is the GREEN BAY PACKERS right? cuz for a minute there I was beginning to think it was the GREEN BAY FAVRE FANS.

Well said! TT and MM should just invited Favre back as starter. The drove him into the ground during training camp. No days off. Lots of conditioning. Long meetings. Told Rodgers the plan and just wait out the first week until his 100% "commitment" became 100% retired. This I would not have done before the interview that he probably wrote all the questions for.

meandering
07-18-2008, 12:09 PM
Well said! TT and MM should just invited Favre back as starter. The drove him into the ground during training camp. No days off. Lots of conditioning. Long meetings. Told Rodgers the plan and just wait out the first week until his 100% "commitment" became 100% retired. This I would not have done before the interview that he probably wrote all the questions for.

What rock did you crawl from under?

meandering
07-18-2008, 12:13 PM
The Packers have a very good young football team.

It appears that Favre thinks the team should have been put together HIS way....is he mad that we don't have R Moss, or is he mad that he gets no props for being involved? Marco Riveria is retired. Wahle made a probowl and than got cut!
Marriuchi is on the shelf for a reason.
Favre has been allowed to miss as much time, camp, and meetings as the next man.

This comes down to egos.....

Ryan Diesel
07-18-2008, 01:16 PM

lol so what do you expect? Favre's receivers to just fall down after they catch the ball?? So we should probably knock Tom Brady then because Moss was running all over the field after the catch. We should bash Peyton because his whole career his two HOF receivers happen to do their job and pick up a lot of yards after they catch it. You can't knock a QB for that, you can praise our WR's for being good at their job.

snoman30
07-18-2008, 02:16 PM
"lol so what do you expect? Favre's receivers to just fall down after they catch the ball?? So we should probably knock Tom Brady then because Moss was running all over the field after the catch. We should bash Peyton because his whole career his two HOF receivers happen to do their job and pick up a lot of yards after they catch it. You can't knock a QB for that, you can praise our WR's for being good at their job."

I can and I just did. Brett has had some pretty average last 4 years until this past year and Jennings, Driver, Lee and Jones are the reason not to mention this McCarthy guy, who everyone seems to hating on because he defends Ted, changed Favre. Coached him to be more patient and to rely more on the RECEIVERS.

Ryan Diesel
07-18-2008, 02:57 PM
Last year was the first time in a long time that he actually had receivers he could rely on. Two years ago he was grabbing receivers by their jerseys and physically pushing them into position because they were on the wrong side of the ball and just completely lost. Favre has the best receivers he's ever had right now. He's spent a lot of his career with some pretty average WR's. He's made some of those average WR's look pretty good over the years. It's dumb to try and knock him now because he finally has guys that fight for yards after the catch.