PDA

View Full Version : what are the chances.......

gotham
07-11-2008, 09:21 AM
What are the chances that we actually sign someone off of our summer league team? I already like what I've seen from Von Wafer and I kinda think Delonte Holland might be one of those guys you get lucky with. I know he is already familiar with Gallinari. After all he dropped 50 on him! I mean we have the room (Morris, Jones) not to mention Mardy & Balkman are expendable. I just hope we get get some new blood. :clap:

SLY WILLIAMS
07-11-2008, 09:28 AM
Right now we have 15 contracts I believe but reports are we may have 2 roster spots opening up soon so it is possible we will sign a guy from our own summer league team or somebody elses summer league team.

gotham
07-11-2008, 09:30 AM
I hope its one of these 2 I mentioned. Have you heard rumors about who is possibly leaving?

ari1013
07-11-2008, 09:39 AM
I hope its one of these 2 I mentioned. Have you heard rumors about who is possibly leaving?
Well up to 3 of our guys could be bought out shortly: James, Collins, and if rumors are true... Marbury. Heck, even Malik could be bought out.

But I'm sticking with the first two as the most likely.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-11-2008, 09:40 AM

I think the NY media has put out multiple reports/rumors that Jerome James and Stephon Marbury might not be on the roster in a few months.

I do not know who we would sign or trade for to fill those spots. If it was up to me I would put 2-3 young guys in the NBDL and keep our roster lean and mean. :)

still a fan
07-11-2008, 09:46 AM
The two guys mentioned have been compared to House who we were rumored to have been looking at, they also could be situational players, hit the three like a Redick and not cost a player.

Looking forward to seeing them play next week!! Anyone notice our summer league roster's lack of bigs?? Lots of guards!!

gotham
07-11-2008, 09:53 AM
There is something about delonte I really like and I dont even know why. But I think he is somebody I am definitely going to keep an eye on next week.

cheetos185
07-11-2008, 09:54 AM
can we make marbury retire lol .. wouldn't that be great get 22mil off this year

SLY WILLIAMS
07-11-2008, 10:03 AM
can we make marbury retire lol .. wouldn't that be great get 22mil off this year

I understand your thinking but would the 22 mill off the cap be that significant? We would still be over this year. Marbs 22 mill is still coming off next season. The trade that probably messed us up was the Zach/Francis trade. If Isiah did not do that then we possibly could have been under the cap next off season.

still a fan
07-11-2008, 10:07 AM
You have to question why this guy was not picked up??

Great shot, great 1st step, good dribble, no nothing about his D, his passing, his team ball, but check the end of this video out!! It will be interesting to watch him play this summer with our Vets!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Aayh3FLBtE

6deep
07-11-2008, 10:17 AM
The media is pushing the Marbury buy out, and I suspect if that happens & if Wafer plays well, He'll take the roster spot.
I could see Duhon & Mardy at the point guard spot.

I'd like Mardy to put last year behind him and come out strong in Vegas. (Nate doesn't need to be in vegas, he's crawfords backup.)

James should be cut if someone is available, he is of no use on the roster. He only has size & if he's not banging Curry in practice, then cut him. Perhaps, Oakley will come out of retirement. We need a thick strong guy to backup Curry. Maybe we can trade Randolph for that kinda guy, like Andray Blatche, or Etan Thomas.

Duhon, Collins
Crawford, Robinson
Chandler, Q Rich
Lee, Gallinari
Curry, Rose???

Knicks845
07-11-2008, 10:17 AM
I think thwee NY media has put out multiple reports/werumors that Jerome James and Stepwehon Marbury might not be on the roster in a few months.

I do not know who we would sign or trade for to fill those spots. If it was up to me I would put 2-3 young guys in the NBDL and keep our roster lean and mean. :)

We should keep Maleek Rose, he has the veteran presence and can help us in the locker room, but there is no point of having jerome james, and we should just buy-out marbury just to start over.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-11-2008, 10:22 AM
We should keep Maleek Rose, he has the veteran presence and can help us in the locker room, but there is no point of having jerome james, and we should just buy-out marbury just to start over.

I really like Malik (I've followed him for many years before he became a Knicks) a lot so I'm with you there especially since he doesnt need playing time. Later in the season his 8 mill expiring could become a trading piece as well. Plus his brother (looks almost like a twin) was really nice to my dad. :)

Hustla23
07-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Can Delonte Holland play D?

HOZ THE KNICK
07-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Right now we have 15 contracts I believe but reports are we may have 2 roster spots opening up soon so it is possible we will sign a guy from our own summer league team or somebody elses summer league team.

i hope does reports are true what's the sense to carry dead weight.

Giant G
07-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Hearing they are trying to get Jerome James to retire due to injury which would give the Knicks another exception to sign someone. I tell you its hard to be patient because you want something to happen (getting out of a long term contract, balancing out the roster, getting some picks) but Walsh is not that impulsive, he is waiting for the right trade. Hope it works out - until then I check the wire a few times a day...

trout1627
07-11-2008, 06:13 PM
There are definitely young guards worth watching. Von Wafer is at the top of my list. There are some guys from before that we should have signed. Remember Matt Barnes played on our summer team a couple of years ago. I was disappointed to see Isaih cut him. It is interesting that we are looking at so many guards. I think that confirms that Walsh is keeping his options open with respect to our entire current backcourt (except Duhon). I am willing to bet there are a lot of inquiries we have not heard about regarding Nate and Crawford.