PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Arroyo Looks for Improvement

JWalk126
07-11-2008, 08:13 AM
MARIBOR (FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Men) – Carlos Arroyo has had a lot on his mind of late.

The point guard is coming off a fine season with the Orlando Magic, but he is now weighing up whether or not to remain with the team or accept one of the offers he says are on the table from several other NBA teams.

Arroyo has a chance to sign with Boston, Denver, Miami, Cleveland or Golden State.

He finally shifted his focus to Puerto Rico this week, the team he led four years ago in Athens and the one he’ll try to steer to the Beijing Games via next week’s FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament.

He had 21 points on Thursday in his first game with Puerto Rico after arriving in Europe, but his team suffered a 78-69 defeat to hosts Slovenia in the Alpos Cup.

"I felt well, and that is good because my aim was to get back in the rhythm," Arroyo said.

"(But) These results show that we must continue to work, and in my opinion that is what’s important.

“The best thing is that I see in all the faces of my team-mates a lot of dedication and maturity.”

Indeed, there is a lot of passion and determination in the Puerto Rico squad, but for some reason, the team has had lapses this summer which has seen them fall behind by large deficits.

Against Slovenia, they trailed by 15 points in the first half and weren’t able to make it all the way back.

"It's a pity that we started the game flat and that we made many mistakes and we didn't rebound as much," Arroyo said.

For Complete Article Click Here (http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/lateNews/p/newsid/26502/arti.html)

Reezy
07-12-2008, 02:32 PM
So many jokes...to make...must...resist...

JWalk126
07-12-2008, 09:49 PM
go ahead, they wont bother me ;)